ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the rocks off rolling stones bit torrent thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
May 11th, 2005 08:10 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
now we are cooking!!!! thank's Mac!!!

my pleasure.
May 12th, 2005 09:11 AM
J.J.Flash Dear Daddy.....

last time we talked, I asked if you had finished Cream RAH torrent. In response, you said you were waiting for better sources. Damn....now that I've just finished (yesterday), do you mean that there is any SBD recording for this masterpiece still circulating? Let me know, please.

Thank you.
May 12th, 2005 09:31 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Dear Daddy.....

last time we talked, I asked if you had finished Cream RAH torrent. In response, you said you were waiting for better sources. Damn....now that I've just finished (yesterday), do you mean that there is any SBD recording for this masterpiece still circulating? Let me know, please.

Thank you.

i doubt a sbd will surface, but i know that all those shows were taped. the first source up looked like (from the info) that there were some rough spots. since i am not going to download all of them, i figured i would wait until a different AUD source surfaces...

i believe the shows were recorded for dvd release this fall sometime, so i doubt the audio from the soundborad will circulate...

i wonder - did they wear the same clothes all five nights..? otherwise the edits will be obvious in the dvd...

May 12th, 2005 09:46 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
[...]
i wonder - did they wear the same clothes all five nights..? otherwise the edits will be obvious in the dvd...

What are you saying? All the five gigs have been already played?!?! The dream is over?
May 12th, 2005 10:40 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

What are you saying? All the five gigs have been already played?!?! The dream is over?

afaik - cream played a five night stand at the rah - that stand is over now, i believe...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
May 12th, 2005 10:47 AM
jpenn11
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

As obvious as L&G, where they change clothes after every song?

As obvious as GS, where in Satisfaction they reportedly change clothes mid-song? (I read this recently, but still haven't cracked open the shrink wrap to check.)
[Edited by jpenn11]
May 12th, 2005 11:00 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:

As obvious as L&G, where they change clothes after every song?

As obvious as GS, where in Satisfaction they reportedly change clothes mid-song? (I read this recently, but still haven't cracked open the shrink wrap to check.)
[Edited by jpenn11]

what is GS..?
May 12th, 2005 11:11 AM
J.J.Flash Nothing regarding clothe changing beat Ozzy's "Live and Loud"......the man changed clothes almost 13 times each song.
May 12th, 2005 01:17 PM
jpenn11
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

what is GS..?

Gimme Shelter. Does anyone watch the official stuff anymore? (I bought my copy a long time ago and it still has the shrink wrap on it.) The posting I read suggested Satisfaction is a composite of an afternoon and evening show.

As long as we're on the subject of GS and off the subject of bit torrents, someone wrote to Maylses about the GS tapes and the response was that entire shows were filmed, yes they are in storage and no there are no plans to release additional outtakes. I don't know whether GS has been "re-released" in Japan, which is the one country that not only demands additional outtakes, but routinely gets them. So perhaps there is hope. . .

Finally, because I don't wish to exhume another thread, the actual guitar sound at the PC was much more trebly than the deep, crunchy sound you hear on the (partial) video. Assuming the video sound is what they want to hear out of their stage amps, I think this might mean that--even without the Armstrongs and Ampegs--they are going for that Ya Yas sound that Clearmountain tried to replicate on the Licks double CD release (which I've not yet heard). Of course, it also might mean the video sound was "inaccurately" mixed.
May 12th, 2005 01:36 PM
throbby Hey guys, can I impose on any of you to help me with the 24 bit PC download over at Bargainville? Very slow going at the moment. I'll gladly return the favor. Thanks.
May 12th, 2005 02:13 PM
charlotte just opened up the file, hopefully this helps...
May 12th, 2005 02:16 PM
throbby Thank you Charlotte!
May 12th, 2005 02:48 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
throbby wrote:
Hey guys, can I impose on any of you to help me with the 24 bit PC download over at Bargainville? Very slow going at the moment. I'll gladly return the favor. Thanks.

good for you doing the 24bit audio!!!

hi-rez is the way to go.
May 12th, 2005 04:49 PM
Shoe I missed out on the "Gorgeous Girls Redux" vine last year. Has anyone seen it in torrent?
May 12th, 2005 05:13 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Shoe wrote:
I missed out on the "Gorgeous Girls Redux" vine last year. Has anyone seen it in torrent?

search ezt. i seem to remember it circulating there...
May 12th, 2005 06:11 PM
GimmeExile Is the 1978 Warner Theatre show in Washington, DC going to be torrented? I thought I read that someone has it and was going to circulate it.
May 12th, 2005 10:19 PM
jpenn11
quote:
Shoe wrote:
I missed out on the "Gorgeous Girls Redux" vine last year. Has anyone seen it in torrent?

I recently searched for this so it was handy:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=25233

[2GB & 3 participants, so it might be slow going]
May 12th, 2005 10:37 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Is the 1978 Warner Theatre show in Washington, DC going to be torrented? I thought I read that someone has it and was going to circulate it.

that's me (got the discs from marko)...

and yes...

i have all of t&a's cassettes ready to go, too...

we should have a tracker up at ro any day now, i think, and i was waiting to start seeding ro seeds on the ro tracker...

soon come...

i just hope that folks here that d/l will burn an audio set (occassionally) to send off as a vine for the bandwidth-challenged among us if everybody does it once in a while, it will be no bother at all, and we can circulate SO much stuff, and make sure we arent leaving any interested RO'rs behind...
May 13th, 2005 06:46 AM
BillyBoll Any sign of the Ronnie and Fiends show yet?
May 13th, 2005 07:17 AM
Gazza still delayed

I've been promised it asap.

It'll be torrented and treed here once I get it
May 13th, 2005 07:59 AM
BillyBoll Cheers Gazza.
May 13th, 2005 06:12 PM
Shoe
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:

I recently searched for this so it was handy:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=25233

[2GB & 3 participants, so it might be slow going]

Many thanks! I hope I can join dimeadozen soon... that 100,000 cap is killin' me!
May 14th, 2005 07:22 AM
crb69 dimeadozen site is down! hopefully making adjustments...

7:22am eastern time - USA
May 14th, 2005 09:47 AM
jpenn11 In the meantime, find Verona, Slane and rehearsals from the Taylor/Dylan/Maclagan tour in '84 at bt.dylan.com
May 14th, 2005 11:04 AM
Gazza
quote:
crb69 wrote:
dimeadozen site is down! hopefully making adjustments...

7:22am eastern time - USA

according to a post on their mailing list, its just their database thats down. They're working to fix it.
May 14th, 2005 06:50 PM
MRD8 Here's the latest message on their site:
Our database server is still down. We try to relocate the DB to another server, but as none of the rest of the machines is as big as the DB server machine, it just can't stand all those transactions. We are still at it, but fear that we will be offline until the DB server has its defective HDD replaced (approx. Tuesday afternoon, GMT).

Sorry for that!
May 14th, 2005 06:54 PM
Gazza aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
May 15th, 2005 07:50 AM
J.J.Flash Guys..... great news....EDJ is up again. Enjoy!

http://www.everydayjones.com/BitTorrent
May 15th, 2005 09:35 AM
Gazza Dimeadozen is now back up!
May 15th, 2005 10:16 AM
Moonisup
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:
The PC with songs are at DaD:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=41340

is that one good?>
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)