ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the rocks off rolling stones bit torrent thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
March 28th, 2005 06:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

good question.

hopefully, all the folks who download, but do not seed new material, via bit torrent will offer up vines or trees (CD-Rs sent through the mail) to the group here. theoretically, this would be the ideal way to split up the work load, and to also have all these sources trickle down throughout the community here at RO...

that would be my thoughts as well. I realise that not everyone has the access and technology to download and share shows via bit torrent, so whilst some people would be able to get and share shows this way, there are other people who wont be able to.

The advantage is that with torrents, more people will get a copy of the show from the seed much faster (ie, maybe within a day or so) so that when its organised on a 'tree' basis for those without access to torrents, as more people will have copies of the shows within a short time, they will be able to get copies on discs to people without bit torrent access much faster.
March 28th, 2005 07:39 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

that would be my thoughts as well. I realise that not everyone has the access and technology to download and share shows via bit torrent, so whilst some people would be able to get and share shows this way, there are other people who wont be able to.

The advantage is that with torrents, more people will get a copy of the show from the seed much faster (ie, maybe within a day or so) so that when its organised on a 'tree' basis for those without access to torrents, as more people will have copies of the shows within a short time, they will be able to get copies on discs to people without bit torrent access much faster.

great minds think alike

also - with a torrent, and lossless in general, you eliminate the DAE errors that ALWAYS seem to infect these trees...

my thought would be that the cats that want to be active, and who do NOT have new material to seed, could pull the download, and give back by firing a few CD-Rs in the mail. it is a group effort...

i will also say, that if you have broadband, there is no reason why you shouldnt get on the torrent bandwagon - there are plenty of people here at RO who will help you the rest of the way (myself included). but you do have to put in the effort, as there is a bit of a learning curve, but, as all who have made the leap will attest, the effort is well worth it...

March 29th, 2005 02:10 PM
jpenn11 For the Taylor fans:

http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=34731&page=0#startcomments

Mick Taylor with John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers
6-12-82 (also listed as 6-10-82) First Show
Paradise, Boston

Great Bluesbreakers show with guitar hero Mick Taylor jamming like you know he can. “My Time After Awhile” is great. The band was as follows:

Mick Taylor (gtr)
John Mayall (voc, keys, harm, gtr)
John McVie (bass)
Colin Allen (dr)

This show is listed as 6-10-82 but the taper whom I got the show from had it listed as 6-12-82

Setlist:

01 An Eye For An Eye
02 Oh, Pretty Woman
03 Rock It In The Pocket
04 My Time After Awhile
05 You Never Can Be Trusted
06 Road Show
07 Lookin’ For Willie
08 Checkin’ Up on my Baby
09 Howlin’ Moon
10 The Stumble
11 Room To Move

March 31st, 2005 08:14 AM
mac_daddy "ROLLING STONES " MISSION DIRECT HITS " VARIOUS LOCATION AMERICA TOUR 81`EXCELLENT QUALITY" (ezt)

Rolling Stones Orpheum Theatre 2002-09-08 *UPGRADE* 10th row source FLAC (ezt)

Rolling Stones Perfecto Madrid June 16 '90 SBD Flac (ezt)

[Edited by mac_daddy]
April 1st, 2005 12:51 AM
marko I could u some,from 78 tour,Like washington,chicago and
oakland,i think those are the best 3 AUD recordings of the
tour.
April 1st, 2005 03:41 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
marko wrote:
I could u some,from 78 tour,Like washington,chicago and
tour.

you know where to send 'em - i will do the rest...
April 1st, 2005 11:27 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
marko wrote:
I could u some,from 78 tour,Like washington,chicago and
tour.

what about you Marko? Are you on this torrent stuff? If not, I recommend!

Cheers!
April 2nd, 2005 01:03 AM
marko i´m just happy to seed some stuff out,thats it.But suprises
are on their way.
April 2nd, 2005 12:33 PM
mac_daddy thanks to tod for the cassettes, his interest, and his patience...

george thorogood and the destroyers @ the place 1978 (eugene, or) (ezt)

-- sorry for the off-topic post --

so to keep it on topic, i will edit it...

i jumped back on as a seed for the 3 london 1971 gigs (discs that marko sent me). hop on if you missed it a little over a month ago, when i originally offerred the set for download...

a second edit (my anti-post-whore move):

for the dvd fans in the house:

Rolling Stones 69-70 Taylor Years Pt1

[Edited by mac_daddy]
April 5th, 2005 11:26 PM
mac_daddy this tour was the sh*t - mt on lead, and mac playing keyboards...

quote:
NEW on EZT: **Mick Taylor Torrent War** Bob Dylan & Mick Taylor - Newcastle 07/05/84Sun, 03 Apr @ 16:48

A new torrent has been uploaded to EZT.

Torrent: 35660

Title: **Mick Taylor Torrent War** Bob Dylan & Mick Taylor - Newcastle 07/05/84

Size: 865.91 MB

Category: Rock'n'Roll

Uploaded by: fendert

Description

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Dylan & Mick Taylor

Newcastle

07-05-84

Audience recording

***MICK TAYLOR TORRENT WAR***

Ok, since we’ve had 3 MT DVDs seeded in the last few days I .
April 6th, 2005 04:01 PM
J.J.Flash As a friend of mine warned me minutes ago..... a TRAGEDY just happened. Read the following:

Taken from http://www.easytree.org/

April 6, 2005, 16:00 GMT

Hello gals and guys,

We're very sorry having to tell you that we had to shut down EZT just a couple of minutes ago.

We got a call from our provider, they had received a few letters from a couple of lawyers. They requested EZT to be shut down immediately, otherwise we and the hosting service would be sued.

As you may imagine, we do not have the funds to fight a battle we most probably can't win anyway.

We would like to thank everyone here for their contributions to EZT, one way or the other, for sharing the music, sharing an ideal, for all your mails, rants, praises...

To say it with Joan Armatrading:

We had fun, fun, fun, fun
fun, fun, fun, fun
we had fun -- while it lasted...
--"Tall in the Saddle"--

You all take good care!

The EZT team:

diana_woei
dnbmusic
erwe
featfanmike
fredgermany
harm
JimmyMack
jupiter2101
MissMarple
nightshifted
nullmodem
phantom51
Penix059
raytobe
simplex

It's the end my friends.....something I never thought could happen.....never...a sad news for the torrent community. Shocking I'd say......
April 6th, 2005 05:05 PM
jell Hey,

Ya I was just about to post the BAD news about Easytree too!! You beat me to it!!

Anyone know of other locations for Stones torrents???? or any other decent tracker?

Jel
April 6th, 2005 06:09 PM
Gazza www.thetradersden.org

www.everydayjones.com

April 6th, 2005 06:52 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Gazza wrote:
www.thetradersden.org

www.everydayjones.com

Gary, I thought EDJ had been closed about a month ago or so.....since then, I have never visited that place again.
April 6th, 2005 08:33 PM
mac_daddy edj is dead - ever since the owner wanted to charge for access to the tracker. good riddance - my stones buddy there moved on to ttd (and he never had anythin to do with the idea of charging users)...
April 6th, 2005 09:28 PM
T&A traders den is now unofficially shut down -they don't have the bandwidth to handle the influx generated from the EZT shutdown. a sad day for the trading community. but, it will give me a chance to take a breath and get some of these (100's) of shows off my hard-drives. it's been a very productive run, at least.
April 7th, 2005 05:01 AM
Stray Cat UK I bet it was U2 behind the threats.
April 7th, 2005 05:05 AM
Gazza I think the U2 shows may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, but whichever act it was probably find it wasnt the band themselves but some over-zealous lawyer trying to make a name for himself on their behalf.

That's the case with the Stones too, from what I've seen regarding lawyers harassing website owners over really insignificant shit that the band (or even Cohl) probably dont care about.
April 7th, 2005 05:29 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
traders den is now unofficially shut down

actually, this is not the case...

the ttd tracker is up and running,a nd has been all day...

quote:
they don't have the bandwidth to handle the influx generated from the EZT shutdown.

this is true for the forum server(s), not the tracker (which is the necessary central component for bit torrent to work...

an example of the difference...

back when bit torrent had first been released, i set up a tracker using the python scripts. i started seeding un/undercirculated jerry garcia stuff, one per week. hundredsd of people were downloading those things each week, and at any given time, my tracker had thousands of people on it. and the tracker never crashed on its own (i crashed it a few times, usually during upgrades, and such)...

then came stg, and then etree got it together, setting up their bt tracker/server, and then ezt came on the scene, and it became unecessary for me to have a tracker up fulltime...

on the other hand, when people would hit my site, only several at a time, the server would get crushed - which is why i am still in the process of updating it, and i just havent found the time (with family, work, taping and transferring) to get it up again - hopefully by next month

unfortunately for ttd, if the the forum is not up, most folks cannot see what is available. from what i understand, they are working on getting a new server, but it might take a few days...

quote:
a sad day for the trading community.

absolutely.

quote:
it will give me a chance to take a breath and get some of these (100's) of shows off my hard-drives.

housecleaning is adrag, but it is a necessary aspect of the sport...

quote:
it's been a very productive run, at least.
it is not over - things will be rolling along soon enough...

quote:
I think the U2 shows may have been the straw that broke the camel's back
i think it was the video myself - that sh*t really needs to be hosted somewhere else...

quote:
but whichever act it was probably find it wasnt the band themselves but some over-zealous lawyer trying to make a name for himself on their behalf.

That's the case with the Stones too, from what I've seen regarding lawyers harassing website owners over really insignificant shit that the band (or even Cohl) probably dont care about.

now we are gettng to the important stuff...

what does ulf have to say about this? what about that other cat, the one who has the "welcome to australia" mp3s up..? have those guys, or anybody else, caught sh*t for hosting LIVE material, recorded by amateurs (i am NOT talking about studio outtakes and/or leaked SBDs - those are a whole different ballgame). if anyone has been hassled, SPECIFICALLY what were the talking points of the action(s)..? could you folks post transcriptions of any letters received..?

April 8th, 2005 07:22 AM
Gazza For Dylan fans, a new Dylan only torrent tracker has just opened :

http://bt.dylantree.com/

up to date shows include LA 21.3.05!
April 8th, 2005 09:13 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
For Dylan fans, a new Dylan only torrent tracker has just opened :

thanks for the info...

that is what i was thinking we could do, too...

locate it someplace friendly, and we would be all set!!!
April 8th, 2005 09:41 AM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

thanks for the info...

that is what i was thinking we could do, too...

locate it someplace friendly, and we would be all set!!!

"developing" ;-)
April 8th, 2005 10:12 AM
jell
quote:
Gazza wrote:
For Dylan fans, a new Dylan only torrent tracker has just opened :

Brilliant! Thanks for the link, much appreciated.
Jel
April 8th, 2005 05:27 PM
Gazza Macdaddy

You have e-mail!!
April 8th, 2005 07:47 PM
HellsRollingThunder Would earlier stuff from the Stones be available as well? Like
from the 1960's maybe from 1964-1968.

I would sure like to have RNR Circus. And maybe other videos
if you plan to have stuff like this. This is all brand new to me so
hope my questions are not too weird just need info. Thanks.
April 8th, 2005 08:27 PM
Gazza there arent a lot of Stones concerts from the Brian Jones era available on audio. What few audience tapes there are are almost all unlistenable due to the primitive recording equipment used.

If you check our setlists page for those years, you'll see just how few are actually in circulation. There are a few good recordings from broadcast sources however, but not many.

When we get the torrent site up and running, we'll certainly try and distribute recordings from all eras of the band's history.

I'm not sure about DVD's though, but its possible. Personally, I'm undecided. I've noted Macdaddy's comments (either on this thread or the Easytree thread on this page) about lawyers concentrating more on DVDs than on audio recordings

However, I dont think its advisable to distribute something like R&R Circus as its an officially released and easily available recording and doing so might attract too much attention due to copyright infringement. No way will we using a tracker for any 'official' releases.
[Edited by Gazza]
April 8th, 2005 08:35 PM
MRD8 Easytree is now DimeADozen.org...keep it clean this time!
April 9th, 2005 01:20 AM
mac_daddy ROLLING STONES mission direct hits tour 81

Mick Taylor - 5.01.93

[Edited by mac_daddy]
April 9th, 2005 06:28 AM
Andy L Various Artists - Freezer's Choice #4 (only 2 Stones tracks)
April 9th, 2005 08:42 AM
Moonisup
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Easytree is now DimeADozen.org...keep it clean this time!

\
thanks!
I'm now downloading Rory G, great player
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)