ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the rocks off rolling stones bit torrent thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
May 29th, 2005 11:50 AM
jpenn11
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
++++ new torrent ++++
go to the tracker page...
http://rocksoff.kicks-ass.org:6969/
download the wiltern03 *.torrent file and connect.let's see if we can get charlotte's seed going...

Thanks for launching this!
Do I need Azureus to d/l, or can I use other BT software?
Do I need to wait for seeds to appear?

Thanks again!
May 29th, 2005 12:15 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:

Thanks for launching this!
Do I need Azureus to d/l, or can I use other BT software?
Do I need to wait for seeds to appear?

Thanks again!

you should be able to go here:

clickt the name in the torrent column to download the torrent, and start it with the client of your choice...

the wiltern has a seed, but charlotte mist be in superseed, because i am the lone peer, and he is not showing, yet i am downloading...

i hope this helps...
May 29th, 2005 12:26 PM
charlotte how about now mac? super seed? how can I tell? my status:seeding
May 29th, 2005 12:35 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
how about now mac? super seed? how can I tell? my status:seeding

still not showing on the tracker, but still downloading, so no worries.. the rate is slow - are you on broadband..? again, no worries, i was just wondering - most broadband allows for atleast 15 kB/s upspeed, and you are averaging half of that... are you downloading something else..? when the initial seeding, for optimal efficiency, you really should cease all internet activity, save for web browsing and uploading the seed, but real life often times doesn't jibe with the most efficient path...

thank you ever so much for sticking with it, and getting it together...

from now on, make sure to use the ro.k-a.org/announce url for the torrent you make - at least until the trinity find a permanent home for the tracker (when the url will cahnge again for good)...

May 29th, 2005 12:38 PM
charlotte thanks, okay...i sent you email about speed, I am seeding all three right now...
May 29th, 2005 12:41 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
thanks, okay...i sent you email about speed, I am seeding all three right now...

dont worry about the other two... just throttle all available bandwidth to the wiltern...

again, this is not a complaint, i am just pointing this stuff out... many thanks for all the effort, and the wiltern recording, too
May 29th, 2005 12:54 PM
charlotte i can use all the help I can get...plus I really want this project to kick-ass!!! THanks!!!

you do have email...
May 29th, 2005 01:19 PM
mac_daddy can someone who is a member over at rsboots (yahoo) go ahead and post the tracker url (http://rocksoff.kicks-ass.org:6969/), and say that there are three seeded shows up now..?

someone should post all the info at iorr, gasland, undercover, and any other stones group/bbs/list that comes to mind...

the details of the was78 and oak78 are in this thread. i have no information to post about the wiltern recording (yet)...

also, i am retracking chi78, and will get it up as soon as i finish and verify everything...

that is 4 new shows in a week, and three in the past three days...

i have posted this info @ shidoobee. i referenced this thread, not only so that those with interest can check it out, but also because it is likely where we will be posting up-to-date info (at least for another 256 posts)...

but now that the dns stuff is all set, i think that it's time to release the hounds...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
May 29th, 2005 01:23 PM
charlotte Monday, 11/4/02 Los Angeles WILTERN THEATRE

Jumping Jack Flash
Live With Me
Neighbors
Hand Of Fate
No Expectations
Beast Of Burden
Stray Cat Blues
Dance Pt. 1
Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (With Solomon Burke)
That's How Strong My Love Is
Going To A Go Go
Intros
Thru And Thru
You Don't Have To Mean It
Can't You Hear Me Knocking (Jim Keltner on Percussion)
Rock Me Baby
Bitch
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar

Encore
Tumbling Dice
May 29th, 2005 01:47 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
Monday, 11/4/02 Los Angeles WILTERN THEATRE

---snip

thanks for the info...

do you have anyinformation as to the source or lineage..? is this a 24 bit source, and you just named the dir "flac23" instead of "flac24"..?

regardless - thanks alot. i am looking for ward to hearing this one. i am sure many others are, too...

and thanks for all of the effort these past two days...
May 29th, 2005 03:42 PM
charlotte mac, trying to publish RollingStones-1972-07-06(Flac) but tracker Status:UnknownHostException:rocksoff.kick-ass.org

any ideas?
May 29th, 2005 03:56 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
mac, trying to publish RollingStones-1972-07-06(Flac) but tracker Status:UnknownHostException:rocksoff.kick-ass.org

any ideas?

i have closed the tracker... you will not be able to upload (or host/publish in azereus-speak) torrents for a bit - until i run it through. i will do that with the chi78 torrent, but i am not gonna do that until the three we have up get some legs...

one of the problems that people have is that when their machines are not completely and properly configured, they get real slow speeds, and things dawdle - that is happening here (i can tell by reading the logs). having a number of "healthy" seeds for each swarm solves this problem for most - that is why alot of folks find the busy torrents easy to download, but have problems with smaller ones, like the three we have going right now. hopefully this is the impetus for those folks to do a bit of reading, and get their machines/conections in order. most of it comes from people running antivirus (norton, etc) and firewall (like zonealarm, blackice) software who havent opened the appropriate ports, so their traffic gets clogged, in and out if their machine. ditto for people with broadband routers (wireless or not). sorry for that tangent...

but go ahead and send it to me - the last one you sent was fine. just use "http://rocksoff.kicks-ass.org:6969/announce" as the tracker url...

but let's get this wiltern gig seeded first, but we will be ready to go with this next one as soon as it finishes...

____

did you see my post above..? i asked a couple of questioins re: the wiltern03 source.

i cant say "thank you" enough, i really appreciate all of your work...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
May 29th, 2005 04:26 PM
charlotte mac, I sent you the torrent file, right now the only info I have is it's a flac file (of course) I am looking in my other files for more information...will post when I find my information file, thanks
May 29th, 2005 04:28 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
mac, I sent you the torrent file, right now the only info I have is it's a flac file (of course) I am looking in my other files for more information...will post when I find my information file, thanks

you're the best...

i will let you know when it is up...

_____

how's about someone posting the tracker info to rollingstonesboots group, or iorr? if you post to the latter, please post a link here to the thread over there. thanks, in advance...
May 29th, 2005 04:42 PM
Gazza Now posted on IORR
May 29th, 2005 04:59 PM
Moonisup Great!

but...
I just see what flacs they are, and no concert info, or is that my pc that's doing weird??

Rik
May 29th, 2005 05:17 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Great!

but...
I just see what flacs they are, and no concert info, or is that my pc that's doing weird??

Rik

that part is under construction as i type this message...
May 29th, 2005 06:05 PM
Andy L Posted to RollingStonesboots...

Thanks Mac for all your efforts in setting up the tracker - I'll be seeding some stuff when I get the time.
May 30th, 2005 12:07 AM
Jaxx fyi we are in the process of dedicating a page to this project. the page will include instructions on downloading torrents as well as links for torrent tools and other music download sites. this should make sharing and trading music a breeze...bear with us, we're almost there. i want to thank mac, gazza and gerardo for all their help and feedback on this tedious project.
May 30th, 2005 01:30 AM
Mickijaggeroo Great work, looking forward to what´s coming!
May 30th, 2005 01:34 AM
mac_daddy plenty of seeds now, on all torrents - go ahead and hit 'em!!!

and check back for more - there should be one or two more up by tomorrow...
May 30th, 2005 07:10 AM
mac_daddy for those of you experiencing slow speeds, or having problems with bit torrent, in general...

here is a great place to start (lots of info and deep links). most importantly, scroll down to the "firewall issues" section, and you will find all the info you need to correctly assign your ports...

the newbie bit torrent wiki is helpful, too...

specific to azureus, you might want to check some things i found in the azereus user guide. for more information about what a "NAT" is, click the "nat" link found under the "about health" heading. understanding this, at least a little bit is kind of important, because set properly, allows for the best seeds and most reliable connective ability...

_____

edit: here is some more general info that i just typed up to answer jumping jack's questions over at shidoobee. i figured they might help some of you here, too...

_____

in a nutshell, the metafile (*.torrent file) is what you download from the tracker to start your bit torrent client, which must be installed on your machine before you try any of this...

to find a client program for your computer, click here, and scroll sown until you see the heading for "some clients for [your operating system]"

download and install a client on your computer.

the client downloads a directory of shn or flac files, along with some additional information, artwork, etc. these files sets are typically 400 - 800 megabytes in size. that number, divided by the download speed you expect, should tell you how long the downloads take. if it is taking significantly longer than that estimate, then you need to properly assign your ports (see top part of this post)...
_____

for flac file information and help try here (make sure to follow the links on the page; it is all there)...

for shn information, click here and follow the links...

_____

the wiltern show (hosted on the tracker) is tough going right now because the seeder is having problems... when you see that the tracker shows some seeds for this source, reconnect, and you will find your speeds to be much better...

the other two sources up on the tracker (the 1978 AUDs) are seeded up and moving fine. hit 'em

i will seed the third 78 AUD shortly...

_____

kudos for the interest - i hope this information helps...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
May 30th, 2005 09:52 AM
charlotte Great info mac!!!!!!

Looks like I have not completed( missed a few steps) the process in opening my ports to allow faster uploads... later today when I get home I will jump on this and will let you know the results...
May 30th, 2005 10:09 AM
mac_daddy great news, charlotte...

____

instructions for making and uploading a torrent...

make a *.torrent file (i use torrentspy), using "http://rocksoff.kicks-ass.org:6969/announce" as the tracker url...

go to the tracker, and click the "upload" link on the upper-right side of the page. an upload page will open...

select the *.torrent file you made,

at the moment, there are no categories...

add a comment if you want...

UNCHECK "include other hashes" box, set the protocol to "HTTP"

leave the torrent hash box empty, and the force start box unchecked

hit submit. a new window should open saying a few things, including that the torrent was uploaded successfully...

open the *.torrent file with your client, connecting as a seed, and stay open. peers will connect to you...
____

the third of the 1978 AUD recordings is now seeded ("rs1978-07-08.flac16")...

go get it!!!
May 30th, 2005 10:20 AM
Andy L Thanks for seeding Chicago '78! Is it one of the VGP versions or the Freezer version?
May 30th, 2005 10:39 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Andy L wrote:
Thanks for seeding Chicago '78! Is it one of the VGP versions or the Freezer version?

it is the marko version - you will have to ask him for more specifics; he sent me two CD-Rs...
May 30th, 2005 03:29 PM
marko Chicago is VGP version,but i did remaster it,,through,it
doesn´t sound much better.
Washington-78 kicks ass.
May 30th, 2005 04:22 PM
charlotte mac, followed the directions in opening my ports, ran a few test and ports(TCP) 6881-6889 are open, also ran the Azureus UPnP test and all of the ports needed are open, I am still getting upload rates aveage 7.4 kB/s...any suggestions????? HELP

results of a speed test
2005-05-30 19:37:47 EST: 624 / 210
Your download speed : 639173 bps, or 624 kbps.
A 78 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 215146 bps, or 210 kbps.

[Edited by charlotte]
May 31st, 2005 10:54 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
mac, followed the directions in opening my ports, ran a few test and ports(TCP) 6881-6889 are open, also ran the Azureus UPnP test and all of the ports needed are open, I am still getting upload rates aveage 7.4 kB/s...any suggestions????? HELP

results of a speed test
2005-05-30 19:37:47 EST: 624 / 210
Your download speed : 639173 bps, or 624 kbps.
A 78 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 215146 bps, or 210 kbps.

[Edited by charlotte]

sorry amigo - i went to the beach yesterday, and ended up having a few too many mai tais and as a result, didnt check the board too much when i came home...

i dont know what to tell you... if the prots are open, and the client is set properly - you have throttled your upspeed, right? -those are usually the two biggies...

you do have space on your hard drive right, and it has been scanned recently (torrents fragment the sh*t outta hard discsk, so you have to at least run scan disc alot to get rid of all the bad fragments)?

sometimes a restart ('puter, router, modem) helps too...

the only thing i can say is to follow all of the advice in those guides. those have been written and compiled for use by any computer user, and there are no clearer or more concise guides out there (if there were, we wold have them linked at the etree wiki)...

this is the hardest part to get right, and please let us know what happens - i am happy to help in any way i can...

kudos for your efforts...
May 31st, 2005 12:09 PM
charlotte thanks Mac, I have not given up by a long shot, I have been reading many discussion boards and manuals...I have discovered a few tricks that I will try later when I get to my home computer...the kicker here is that when I have made an effort to increase upload speed for my RO comrades and hopefully many others, it's still the same upload speed I had months and months a go...so this leads me to believe I am missing a checked or unchecked box somewhere and a simple setting somewhere else!!

Mac and others, I have never gone over 10kbps on uploads, I have noticed in discussion forums 20-25kbps is the most you can hope for since there are so many other variables outside your control...I am curious, what has been the average for those who are seeding torrents on the board? So I can have a goal to shoot for...Thanks

This link is helpful with Configuring ports of Azureus...
http://portforward.com/cportsnotes/azureus/azureus22.htm

the beach and a few too many mai tais sounds good to me...
[Edited by charlotte]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)