ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the rocks off rolling stones bit torrent thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
June 20th, 2005 11:00 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Pauli wrote:
I failed to upload my torrent. Something wrong with tracker?

well, the ip addy changed last night, which is why people got dumped (remember each time that happens you need to get a mew *.torrent file to seed or to download)

but the upload functions work properly - i just checked...

June 20th, 2005 11:04 AM
TornAndFrayed
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
New on the tracker "North American Tour '72" . I actually found this vinyl boot at a thrift shop for $1.00! A few comments about the boot , I transfered this to cdr exactly like it is on the album (each track has a fade in and a fade out). I realize that the songs are not in the order that they were performed on the tour but that is the way they are tracked on the vinyl boot. I have been told that this boot is actually from the 7/5/72 Norfolk , Virginia show. I can't confirm this if anyone can please do! I made up some artwork for the disc and have included a pix of the original album. As with all vinyl records there are some "snaps crackles and pops" but i believe this actually adds to the nostalgia of the recording. Last but not least ENJOY!!!!!!
[Edited by cabledogg2]

Thanks a lot for posting this. This is indeed Norfolk 07-05-72 and this source is different (and better) from the one which can be found on the CD bootleg releases of this show.
June 20th, 2005 11:25 AM
mac_daddy sweet.

now all we need is a seed...
June 20th, 2005 12:46 PM
charlotte mac, my '72, '73, and 2003 shows have been dropped from the tracker...
June 20th, 2005 12:59 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
mac, my '72, '73, and 2003 shows have been dropped from the tracker...

yeah, that seems to be automatic with no activity... try reconnecting as a seed, and see if they pop back up (i have not removed them, or anything. remember though - the url announce in the torrent file you open MUST be the ro.k-a.org one - check it in torrentspy, because if it is the ip addy number, it wont work...

i am going to switch the tracker to the straight python one if i cant get azureus to stop resolving the dynamic ips. the python tracker is perfect, EXCEPT it is not open for uploads, and that is a feature we MUST have...
June 20th, 2005 04:02 PM
Pauli Sorry, but it's been a long day and I hadn't time to upload my torrent. I'll try again tomorrow morning (after about 9 hours).
June 20th, 2005 04:11 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Pauli wrote:
Sorry, but it's been a long day and I hadn't time to upload my torrent. I'll try again tomorrow morning (after about 9 hours).

no problem. we all gave days like that...

did you check this thread after our wmail exchange yesterday..? i direct you to gazza's comment:
quote:
The version of "Little red rooster" thats been bootlegged is over a minute and a half longer than the version on Love You Live.

"Crackin' Up" as far as I can recall is pretty much the same length wise, but as Andy points out, it isnt lifted from the official live album but an unmixed and undubbed soundboard source - so, it's ok.

i read this to say that the seed we were discussing may be uploaded to the tracker intact, including the el mocambo tracks...

looking forward to it...
June 20th, 2005 05:53 PM
mac_daddy ok - so let's say you want to reconnect, either to download or to seed, but the ip address of the tracker changed, and now you cant connect, etc...

if you use azureus as a client, we can fix this problem...

from the "my torrents" window, right-click the torrent file, and select "show details." a whole big inorfmation pane shows up...

at the bottom of the "general" tab, you will see a "tracker URL" stat; it will be hot linked...

if the torrent you are looking at uses the rocks off tracker, the url should be "http://rocksoff.kicks-ass.org:6969/announce"

if it is not, right-click the url at the bottom of the general tab, select "edit tracker URL(s)" and change the address to "http://rocksoff.kicks-ass.org:6969/announce" you will see the url change in the general tab, and you should also see peers and seeds in the swarm details that show up...

hth

[Edited by mac_daddy]
June 20th, 2005 09:15 PM
cabledogg2 New on the tracker "The Return of Woody Wood breaker". Ron Wood and Keith Rickards live at the Kilburn Theatre , London 7/14/74.I'm not really sure why Ron was doing this show (maybe to promo his new album?). Rod Stewart guests on a track or two. The sound quality is very good (soundboard). Artwork is included. Remember to keep those windows open after your done downloading , it really helps out. Last but not least ENJOY!!!!!!!!.........cabledogg2
June 21st, 2005 01:41 AM
Pauli OK, now I have finally uploaded A Stone In My Shoe. It is complete so it also contains El Mocambo tracks.

But I fu..d up my first try and now there are two torrent's in tracker with the same name. The size of the correct one is 419.9 MB.
[Edited by Pauli]
June 21st, 2005 02:21 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Pauli wrote:
OK, now I have finally uploaded A Stone In My Shoe. It is complete so it also contains El Mocambo tracks.

But I fu..d up my first try and now there are two torrent's in tracker with the same name. The size of the correct one is 419.9 MB.
[Edited by Pauli]

and it sounds good... i am about to seed the missing jewels that has a cobo hall 75 show. i am going to listen now to see if it is the same one...

June 22nd, 2005 04:50 AM
Andy L Rolling Stones
25th July 1982
Roundhay Park, Leeds
Live At Leeds '82 (VGP-010)

AUD > ? > Silver CD > EAC (secure mode, offsets corrected) > WAV > FLAC Frontend > FLAC (Level 8, SBE aligned)

CD 1:
1. Under My Thumb
2. When The Whip Comes Down
3. Let's Spend The Night Together
4. Shattered
5. Neighbours
6. Black Limousine
7. Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
8. Twenty Flight Rock
9. Going To A Go-Go
10. Let Me Go
11. Time Is On My Side
12. Beast Of Burden

CD 2:
1. You Can't Always Get What You Want
2. Band Introductions
3. Little T&A
4. Angie
5. Tumbling Dice
6. She's So Cold
7. Hang Fire
8. Miss You
9. Honky Tonk Women
10. Brown Sugar
11. Start Me Up
12. Jumpin' Jack Flash
13. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
June 22nd, 2005 08:12 AM
Eberger Found some great stuff at the Tracker. Thanks a lot, anyone knows where to find Rock 'N' Roll Animals VGP-374?

Best
June 22nd, 2005 09:09 PM
cabledogg2 New on the tracker " sixty nine tour soundboards". This is a short but sweet torrent. I transfered these tracks from cassette a few years back. While these do appear on a boot titled "Sixty Nine Tour Soundboard Compilation" . These sound to be of a lower generation tape. Sorry no artwork for this one. Enjoy!.........cabledogg2
June 23rd, 2005 05:33 PM
jpenn11
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
New on the tracker " sixty nine tour soundboards". . . .While these do appear on a boot titled "Sixty Nine Tour Soundboard Compilation" . These sound to be of a lower generation tape. Sorry no artwork for this one.

Great seed, thanks!

Do you know the source for the version of Satisfaction?

I'm familiar with this CDR, which I presume is the CDR you are referring to:

11/12-69 - American Tour 1969 Soundboard Compilation (no label) - 1CD
Sound Quality: 8.5/9.5 (SB) - Length: 74min
Notes: Includes SB tracks from various US 1969 dates (Oakland, Detroit, Baltimore & others)

June 23rd, 2005 06:28 PM
TornAndFrayed
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:

Do you know the source for the version of Satisfaction?

Oakland 11-09-69 (2nd show). Sound quality is a lot better than on the American Tour 69 SBD sampler.
June 24th, 2005 05:16 PM
2000 Man I just put Laid In The Shade Vol. 2 up on the tracker. It's called rslits2. It's more assorted outtakes, and the reggae Start Me Up has a flaw in it from the source. The lineage is:

Original Porky Prods CDR> >EAC> CDR> EAC> FLAC level 7.

There's a fingerprint and EAC logs from my rip. I got mine from a guy that has the original Porky CDR's. The art he sent along wasn't worth the paper or ink to print, so I made a quickie for myself. I'll give a tracklisting, but for sources you'll have to research it yourself - I haven't written it down, but it should be easy enough to figure out with Nico's help. The Some Girls songs on disk one are from the eight track version.

Disk 1: Out of Time / Jiving Sister Fanny / Dance Little Sister / It's Only Rock N' Roll / Fool To Cry / Beast Of Burden / Miss You / Before They Make Me Run / Shattered / Emotional Rescue / Always Suffering / Summer Romance / Start Me Up / Hang Fire / Slave / Neighbors / Under My Thumb

Disk 2: She Was Hot / Underover Of The Night / Harlem Shuffle / One Hit (To The Body) / Winning Ugly / Almost Hear You Sigh / Brand New Car / Moon Is Up / Out Of Control

It's generally very good quality stuff and combined with the first volume, a pretty interesting set. Please keep your windows open for other people!
[Edited by 2000 Man]
June 25th, 2005 10:12 AM
TornAndFrayed 1970-10-05 - Festhalle, Frankfurt, Germany

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=47975

Enjoy!
[Edited by TornAndFrayed]
June 26th, 2005 01:10 AM
jpenn11 Thanks TornandFrayed!

quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
that sounds like sloppy seeding...
either the files are WAV in the md5 (when the files are shn/flac), or the filenames themselves are wrong...

So md5summer does not work for .wav? Since I cannot get EAC to work to rip, I'm looking at alternatives. Will Nero do this equally well and is there some way to test for jitter other than listening (which is somewhat imperfect)?
[Edited by jpenn11]
June 26th, 2005 09:32 AM
cabledogg2 New on the tracker "Its only goats Head Soup" {But we like it} Mighty Diamonds label issued in 2000. This is a disc's worth of IORR and GHS era Outs and Alternates. I did leave out one track on the disc as the artwork lists it as a "B" side (Through the Lonely Nights , track #8). In the liner notes it lists Track #8 as a outtake version. Since i'm not sure i thought it best to leave it out. If the mods give me a green light i can always torrent the missing track at a later date. The sound quality is great and i have included the artwork. As always Enjoy!!!!!!.........cabledogg2
June 26th, 2005 11:12 AM
Gazza As far as I'm aware, there isnt an outtake of Through The Lonely Nights in circulation - the version that appears on bootlegs has (in my experience) been the IORR b-side, so you're probably right to exclude it...unless someone knows different of course.

Thanks to all of you for uploading these shows, and for those of you who help out with seeding them once you'cve snatched them

If anyone else has the LA 12.7.75 show (Millard Masters discs 3 & 4) on their hard drive, I'd appreciate if you'd open a window and seed it. This one was uploaded when I was on holiday so I was a bit late getting to it and it's a bit slow at the minute as there's only one seed at present. Thanks

June 26th, 2005 12:18 PM
PartyDoll MEG I just figured out how to do the "reseed thingy." Hope this helps you, Gazza. Usually I can't keep these Torrents too long due to disc space. You're lucky I haven't had a chance to open and burn this file yet.
June 26th, 2005 01:39 PM
Gazza thanks. Its appreciated
June 27th, 2005 11:30 AM
joguema Laid in the Shade Vol. 1 - I'm stuck at 99,3%

Could someone PLEASE open a window?

Thanks !!!
June 27th, 2005 01:21 PM
mac_daddy info update: ip addy just updated/changed (usually happens sunday night/monday morning)...

thanks to all the seeders who have shared their sources, and also a big thanks to the folks who leave their clients open to help others download...

remember, now that the ip addy changed, you will have to either download the *.torrent file again, or edit in azureus (i explained how to do this in a previous post in this thread)...
_____

quote:
So md5summer does not work for .wav? Since I cannot get EAC to work to rip, I'm looking at alternatives. Will Nero do this equally well and is there some way to test for jitter other than listening (which is somewhat imperfect)?

sorry for the late reply, i was in colorado for most of the week (just drove back late last night)...

md5summer will fingerprint anything. but it will not tell you if the rip was successful. eac does this. xact (for os x) does this as well. these are the only two programs i use to rip, since they you the detailed logs you can check to make sure the rip was 100% successful...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
June 27th, 2005 08:47 PM
T&A Lost Millard 3&4 - I'm at 97% - could someone jump on for a few?

thanks,

Tod
June 27th, 2005 09:55 PM
Gazza I've opened a window for it now, Tod and will keep it on overnight til I get up

If you dont get it all before I go to work in 6 hrs, let me know and I'll open it again when I get home tomorrow
June 28th, 2005 12:44 AM
mac_daddy could we get a little help on lits2 and ioghs and live at leeds82..? many thanks...

i swear, i will get the missing jewels up soon...

thanks
June 28th, 2005 12:53 AM
T&A Hmmmm. Is there something wrong with the tracker. I'm showing no seeds or leechers on any of the torrents. ???
June 28th, 2005 01:19 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
T&A wrote:
Hmmmm. Is there something wrong with the tracker. I'm showing no seeds or leechers on any of the torrents. ???

ip addy changed again... i am trying to resolve this issue, and apologize for the inconvenience. going out of town until this morning didnt help things, either...

i am on it - the tracker should be running fine - everbody just got dropped, and will have to reconnect...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)