ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the rocks off rolling stones bit torrent thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
July 15th, 2005 07:05 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
Does anyone have any info on the 2 CBGB torrents? Are they STONES related?..............cabledogg2

no they are not...

and i dont know why they are there...

i have been struggling with a this download for weeks, and now it bounced on to the tracker... weird, but it is also moving now, so i am gonna let it finish and then dump it...

i have no idea how that happened...

as for the boston shows, tornandfrayed said he was seeding those soon...

cb2 - you arent seeding here anymore..? ezt can be so tough to keep track of everything (great resource though)...
July 15th, 2005 07:50 PM
cabledogg2 Mac , Thanks for the info on the new Boston shows. I am looking forward to those! My share ratio was taking a serious beating on dime, so i have been seeding some stuff over there. I'll get some stuff up on the tracker this weekend...........cabledogg2
July 15th, 2005 08:01 PM
mac_daddy fixed those television torrents - sorry about that - i guess i right-clicked somethin by mistake and attached them to the tracker for a bit...

_____

cb2 - thank you for all of the seeds. i was just wondering if the tracker wasnt working or something, and that is why you went over there. that is why i hate the share ratio thing - lots of bands that i record, i torrent on etree - i am uploading tons, just not throughezt, so i dont get credit. i understand the frustration with those who cut and run, but that is the way it goes. trying to enforce it does no good. friendly reminders and instructions help, because i think some want to seed, but just dont know how. but those that are gonna leech all the time are gonna do it one way or another. shar ratio enforcement just hoses people like you and me. but, i dont make the rules...
blah!

have a good weekend, and thanks again for all of the tunes.
July 16th, 2005 08:16 AM
cabledogg2 New on the tracker "The Keith Richards Benefit Concert" Oshawa Civic Auditorium: Oshawa , Ontario , Canada 4.22.79. This was the court ordered concert keith had to perform for his "Bust" a year or so earlier in Toronto. This torrent includes BOTH the New Barbarians and Stones set in a great soundboard quality. Artwork is included.........cabledogg2
July 16th, 2005 08:56 AM
TornAndFrayed July 18, 1972 - Boston Garden, Boston, MA - NEW SOURCE

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=50948

The Rolling Stones
Boston Garden
Boston, MA
July 18, 1972

Source:
audience audio (source #2)

Lineage:
unverified gen tape > CDR(x) > wav (EAC, secure mode) > flac (FLAC Frontend, level 8)

Setlist:
01. Intro
02. Brown Sugar
03. Bitch
04. Rocks Off
05. Gimme Shelter
06. Happy
07. Tumbling Dice
08. Love In Vain
09. Sweet Virginia
10. You Can´t Always Get What You Want
11. All Down The Line
12. Midnight Rambler
13. Band Introductions
14. Bye Bye Johnny
15. Rip This Joint
16. Jumpin´ Jack Flash
17. Street Fighting Man
18. Honky Tonk Women
19. [News Report]

Notes:
This is the infamous Boston concert which started after midnight because part of the band was arrested in Rhode Island prior to the show.
This new source is a very good stereo audience recording and in my opinion, it sounds better than source #1 (the Joe Maloney tape) of which an upgrade was posted here three months ago.
This recording is clear, there is very little tape hiss, it is well balanced and complete: Six minutes longer than source #1 and it includes the full "You Can´t Always Get What You Want", unlike source #1 which has a good portion of the song missing due to tape flip. The exact lineage is unknown.

***DO NOT CONVERT TO MP3***
***FREE LOSSLESS DISTRIBUTION ONLY***

TornAndFrayed (mjake)
July 16th, 2005 09:48 AM
cabledogg2 Torn & Frayed You da man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 16th, 2005 06:46 PM
T&A who's got the dope on the new RO item - the Blind Benefit show - is this an upgrade from the old Swingin' Pig?
July 16th, 2005 07:02 PM
mac_daddy three posts up, amigo...
July 16th, 2005 07:05 PM
T&A right - but how does it compare sound-wise with TSP? Just a re-issue or did SM do some good work on it?
July 16th, 2005 07:10 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
T&A wrote:
right - but how does it compare sound-wise with TSP? Just a re-issue or did SM do some good work on it?

i thought that was what you were asking...

i havent had a chance to listen yet...

July 17th, 2005 10:05 AM
cabledogg2 A "STANDING OVATION" for all involved in the "Sympathy for The Vaults" torrent on the tracker. I have had a chance to listen to a few discs and can say the quality is really TOP NOTCH. Jump on this one ASAP and don't let the torrent size scare you. I assure you it is well worth the download
July 17th, 2005 10:12 AM
2000 Man Like I said, for people keeping their windows open, I'll put something else up. So, as the Yardbirds say, Here 'Tis:

Rolling Stones - Bright Lights Big City
Dandelion Records DL 099/100

Disk One
IBC Studios3/11/63
1. Diddley Daddy
2. Road Runner.
3. Bright Lights, Big City
4. I Want To Be Loved
5. Honey What's Wrong

Chess 6/10-11/64

6. Stewed and Keefed
7. High Heel Snealkers
8. Tell Me Baby
9. Down In The Bottom

RCA 9/5-6/65

10. Looking Tired

NME Poll Winners Concert 4/26/64

11. Introduction
12. Not Fade Away
13. I Just Want To Make Love To You
14. I'm Alright

TAMI Show 10/29/64

15. Around And Around
16. Off The Hook
17. Time Is On My Side
18. It's All Over Now
19. I'm Alright

England 3/6,7 & 16/65

20. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love/Pain In My Heart
21. Route 66
22. I'm Moving On
23. I'm Alright

Sunday Night At The London Palladium 1/18 & 22/67

24. Connection
25. Ruby Tuesday
26. It's All Over Now
27. Let's Spend The Night Together

Disk 2

NME Pollwinners Concert 4/11/65

1. Introduction
2. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love/Pain In My Heart
3. Around And Around
4. The Last Time

Ed Sullivan 10/25/64

5. Around and Around
6. Time Is On My Side

Ed Sullivan

7. The Last Time
8. Little Red Rooster
9. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love

Ed Sullivan 2/13/66

10. Satisfaction
11. As Tears Go By
12. 19th Nervous Breakdown

Ed Sullivan 9/9/66

13. Paint It Black
14. Lady Jane
15. Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadow?

Ed Sullivan 1/15/67

16. Ruby Tuesday
17. Let's Spend The Night Together

Ready, Steady, Go! 9/2/65

18. Oh Baby, We Got A Good Thing Going
19. That's How Strong My Love Is
20. Satisfaction

Ready, Steady, Go! 5/27/66

21. I Am Waiting
22. Under My Thumb
23. Paint It Black

It's a good set. I think the best sounding Pollwinner's stuff, and IBC demo's for sure. It's in shn cuz I did it a long time ago for someone when we used to do that ftp thing. You can get art here:

http://www.rs-covers.com/detail.cfm?albumid=1825

I think it's about time we got some older Stones on here, and this is as good a place as any to start. Thanks for keeping your windows open and sharing twice as much as you take!
July 17th, 2005 12:59 PM
ßloody red ®ooster so whats the difference between The Keith Richards Benefit Concert and Blind Date Revisited??

just the name?
July 17th, 2005 01:26 PM
2000 Man Cool Cool Hand's legendary remastering skills. I haven't had the chance to compare them yet, but I have a feeling they're both very similar. It's certainly worth it to download it and help the torrent out if you don't have it. If you like The Pig's better, you can give the other one away to someone that doesn't have broadband.
July 17th, 2005 01:36 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
2000 Man wrote:
It's certainly worth it to download it and help the torrent out if you don't have it. If you like The Pig's better, you can give the other one away to someone that doesn't have broadband.

qft (quoted for truth)
July 17th, 2005 04:01 PM
2000 Man I think the tracker changed IP addresses again. I'm gonna drop and restart Bright Lights Big City.
July 17th, 2005 11:48 PM
mac_daddy marko's "just before boston" is now up on the tracker...

here is the *.torrent file

______

oh, and fyi, i am currently the ONLY seed for the morphine/keef show, sympathy for the vaults, AND "just before boston"... any help would be greatly appreciated...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
July 18th, 2005 05:17 AM
cabledogg2 New on the tracker "Raw Power" This is 60's stones at there best.Awesome sound quality , artwork is included.............enjoy!

Tracklist
1. Route 66
2. Copps and Robbers
3. You Better Move On
4. Mona
5. Not Fade Away
6. We're Wastin' Time
7. If You Let Me (Instrumental)
8. Walkin' Thru The (Sleepy City)
10. Some Things Just Stick In Your Mind
11. Around and Around
12. Off The Hook
13. Time Is On My Side
14. Carol
15. It's All Over Now
16. Little Red Rooster
17. Route 66
18. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
19. The Last Time
20. I'm Alright
21. Hey Crawdaddy
22. Going Home

Tracks 1-4 Camden Theatre , London
Track 5 NME Pollwinners Concert Wembley 4/26/64
Track 6-10 Regent Sound Studios London May 27-31 '64
Track 11-21 Live at L'Olympia Theatre , Paris 4/18/65
Track 22 MIck and Keith Rough Demo , London 10/20/65
July 18th, 2005 12:45 PM
jpenn11 macdaddy,

Did you miss the La. 1975 opening shows when they was posted?

It's up again:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=51238
July 18th, 2005 05:06 PM
cabledogg2 Is there a problem w/the tracker? I keep getting a "Problem connecting to the tracker" prompt . I have been seeding "Raw Power " all day but it seems no one can connect. Mac?
July 18th, 2005 05:27 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
Is there a problem w/the tracker? I keep getting a "Problem connecting to the tracker" prompt . I have been seeding "Raw Power " all day but it seems no one can connect. Mac?

the wrong ip addy was in the *.torrent file. at your convenience, simply make another one and upload it to the tracker...

oh, and this thread is dead (500 posts)... i have started a new one here...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)