ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the rocks off rolling stones bit torrent thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
June 9th, 2005 05:53 AM
Andy L Is there a problem with the tracker? I'm trying to complete my download of Dallas Rehearsals CD 2, but I can't connect to the tracker, and it looks like nearly everyone else has been disconnected from the other torrents too.
June 9th, 2005 09:32 AM
mac_daddy
the tracker is on a dynamic ip. while we ask for the *.torrent files to be made with the rocksoff.kicks-ass.org url, azureus resolves this when you download, so that your torrent file has a number ip. this changes intermittently, and there is nothing we can do about it...

so, if you find yourself disconnected, and you know you did nothing wrong, go back to the tracker, and download a new *.torrent file - it will have the latest ip address in it...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
June 9th, 2005 09:41 AM
mac_daddy btw -

cabledogg wrote me a very nice and detailed email last night...

cherry picked licks is back up and hosted (it is a rollingstonesboots comp.)... go ahead and hop on. sorry to err on the side of caution; i hope you all understand...

June 9th, 2005 10:07 AM
Andy L
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
so, if you find yourself disconnected, and you know you did nothing wrong, go back to the tracker, and download a new *.torrent file - it will have the latest ip address in it...

That was the first thing I tried, but I still couldn't connect. It seems to be OK now - thanks anyway.
June 9th, 2005 11:13 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Andy L wrote:

That was the first thing I tried, but I still couldn't connect. It seems to be OK now - thanks anyway.

totally possible - azureus doesnt auto update itself. i am working on fixing that issue today....

andy, thanks for all the feedback, and for all of your contributions. you always have some fresh sources to share, and i relly appreciate it...

these things (trackers, websites) take a bit of time to get completely ironed out, and apologize for any inconvenience that occurs while we are hammering out the fine details of this project. we are real close, though...

June 9th, 2005 04:17 PM
jpenn11 1. Is the bit torrent page down?

I cannot seem to connect.

2. Technical EAC question:

I have two CDRs of the same show. The first CD has flaws on track 2. The second CD has flaws on track 6. If I rip both CDs using EAC, can I drag and drop track 2 from the EAC file of the second CD into the EAC file of the first CD or do I need more complicated software to build a flawless CD file?

Thanks in advance
[Edited by jpenn11]
June 10th, 2005 12:51 AM
2000 Man
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:
1. Is the bit torrent page down?

I cannot seem to connect.

2. Technical EAC question:

I have two CDRs of the same show. The first CD has flaws on track 2. The second CD has flaws on track 6. If I rip both CDs using EAC, can I drag and drop track 2 from the EAC file of the second CD into the EAC file of the first CD or do I need more complicated software to build a flawless CD file?

Thanks in advance
[Edited by jpenn11]

Please don't go through that. If you have the only two copiesof the show, then by all means, do the best you can. but if anyone else might have this show in perfect condition, then lets try and keep the source as clean as possible. I appreciate your generosity (even though I may have the show I may get involved in your torrent just to help out), but we should only offer the best sources we can.
June 10th, 2005 04:48 AM
mac_daddy 1 - tracker has been up all day... i have been uplaoding like nuts, too

edit:

i thought i would share this pic - it is of my tracker at the moment. note the completed downloads and then check my active seeds, circled in red...

i am capped at 36 kB/s - that might be why you are having trouble loading the tracker webpage...

[/end edit]
_____

2 - that is exactly what you do, unlesss there is someone else with the wource disc without the error (like 2000man said).

[Edited by mac_daddy]
June 10th, 2005 12:01 PM
mattgoodie Currently seeding rs1972-07-06(FLAC)all day, enjoy!!!
June 10th, 2005 12:16 PM
gotdablouse Sorry if I'm missing something obvious but where is the link to the tracker? Tried this http://rocksoff.kicks-ass.org/ too
Would it make sense to put it at the top of this thread for easy reference?
June 10th, 2005 12:23 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
mattgoodie wrote:
Currently seeding rs1972-07-06(FLAC)all day, enjoy!!!

nice! welcome.

___

the tracker url is:

http://rocksoff.kicks-ass.org:6969/
June 10th, 2005 03:49 PM
ManicNirvana Anybody still willing to seed Washington and Oakland 1978?

Thanks in advance!
June 11th, 2005 02:32 AM
2000 Man I stuck Porky Productions Laid In The Shade Vol. 1 up there. Lotsa studio outs from different eras. It's pretty good stuff and I have some artwork that I did for it included. The original art is available from the usual sources, but it looks like crap. I'll seed Vol. 2 when this gets going a bit. I think they're pretty worthwhile collections and they sound good.
June 11th, 2005 09:40 AM
cabledogg2 "New on the tracker" I have just uploaded disc 1&2 of the "Lost Millard Masters" (VGP-340). This 6 disc set consists of all 3 nights of the July '75 L.A. Forum stand. Disc 1&2 are from July 11th 1975. Although these are audience sourced recordings they are nothing short of AMAZING! Artwork is included, i will be torrenting the other 2 shows in the next few days (they are 7/12/75 and 7/13/75).Enjoy!.......... cabledogg2
June 11th, 2005 03:45 PM
tcline88 I was able to change my tracker URL on my torrents and am now able to seed again.

The more seeds we have, the more everyone can download.
June 11th, 2005 04:22 PM
mac_daddy thanks for the effort y'all...

June 11th, 2005 08:01 PM
2000 Man Hey folks, let's leave those windows open a little, huh? I kept one open for you guys to download to get a few seeds for Laid In The Shade for like ten hours, and I wanted to get in on another torrent, plus some work downloads. I left and there's three seeds, check again and it's down to one. There's nine complete and nine peers right now, and back to one seed. If you've got a complete torrent and there's only one seed, how about opening a window and helping the torrent along? That's what MacDaddy was talking about with his screen shot. The downloads speeds will be much faster if you help them along. You can get you torrent, drop out, make your cdr's to listen to and get back into the torrent as a seed while you listen to your new music, right?

Wouldn't that be cool if everyone did that?
June 12th, 2005 06:33 AM
cabledogg2 Up on the tracker "The Babylon Rehearsals". This is a disc's worth of rehearsal's leading up to the Bridges to Babylon tour (Toronto Sept 17th 1997). All the tracks are of a good soundboard quality.Artwork is included.Enjoy!...........cabledogg2
June 14th, 2005 07:31 AM
mac_daddy i am not prone to b*tching, but...

if you download a source, PLEASE upload at least the same amount you downloaded....

and staying on as a seed with your upload limit choked doesnt really help...

it just took me three days to download parts 1 and 2 of the millard tapes, with 4 seeds. this means that the seeds were choked....

since i have been on as a seed, i have been uploading to my max rate, constantly...

i also see that the dallas rehearsals - that people asked for specifically here - are without a seed. garden state has a seed, but no speed. the seeder is choked, or the downloader hasnt bothered to read (and follow) the three BASIC steps i have posted on the tracker page ("why are my downloads so slow?").

i cannot seed all of them, all of the time. nor should i have to...

it would be a shame if seeders bailed our project and went back elsewhere to seef because as a group we suck at seeding/sharing (and that is exactly what will happen). we have been lucky, and have attracted some of the biggest stones seeders from various groups, and i KNOW there are a few more sitting on the fence, waiting to see how this thing goes. i believe this project has wonderful longterm potential, but you cannot just download and split...

i have the ronnie show from march flac'd and ready to go, it has been that way since sunday (i rec'd it saturday), but like i said i was busy seeding other sources...

i also have several fresh recordings - one or two from the original taper, who doesnt bit torrent, but DOES frequent the board, and i know he wants to see these things seeded, not leeched. i am happy to put these things up, and i can do it very quickly, but you guys MUST help the project by serving as seeds, allowing people to upload from you once you have completeed your download. not everybody has access to the original sources, but EVERYBODY can contribute by allowing their clients to upload to others, without being choked (setting your upload rate limit to its lowest setting)...

i still havent been able to get to the babylon rehearsals, because i am seeding, but that is OK. this not a sprint, it is a marathon. we do not have to race to download as fast as we can, just to jump off and not share as a seed...

please contribute to the project. with your help as seeds uploading at good rates, we can create a solid user base for this project, and the thing will really take off. but if you keep downloading and running once you are finished, this project could be kind of tough going, and that is not fun for the people that try to get on these offers a day or two after the announcement, which is the vast majority of the users...

thanks for the consideration, MANY thanks for all of the contributers, seeders and folks who leave their clients open, uploading and unchoked, and to the rest of you, please behave in a way that benefits this sharing project as a whole, not just that hooks you up personally....

thanks for reading, and i apologize for the rant.

edit:

i just thought of this...

i am sure that some of you are not intentionally "leeching" off of the torrents (who are the people i specifically addressed above). maybe some of you are simply having problems. for example, i know some of the people that have been connceted as seeds for two weeks to the 78 shows marko/i seeded have not set their clients up properly. and i have tried to connect as seed for other torrents, and no peers connected, so those are set up incorrectly, too..

as far as this is concerned, all you have to do is read the info i have posted in this thread, or in the txt files accessed by the red text on the tracker page, and make the suggested changes...

someday there will be a formatted "how-to bit torrent" page here at ro, but when it appears, it will not have any more information than what i have posted. in fact, i have posted more help, and have answered more questions in this thread (that have been asked multiple times, in the same way, hence my fears that users are not bothering to read what i have posted), than have been asked and answered on much higher traffic sites. in other words, less information has gotten a much larger number of people set up properly with bit torrent...

if you are not properly set up for bit torrent, you are slowing yourself, and everybody else, down...

maybe this is a language problem... might i suggest babelfish (plug that word into google). it is a translator, and it works like a charm...

speaking of google, if there is a word/term used that you do not understand, plug "what does [term i dont understand] mean?" into google, and follow the results. google is very effective in situations like this, and the results are faster than just posting a question here in a thread. google is good like that....

those of you that are having problems downloading and uploading MUST do the reading so you can solve your own issues. hundreds of thousands of others, worldwide, have done so, thus i know it is wholly possible. it just takes a bit of effort...

again, thanks for reading, and for your interest in the project.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
June 14th, 2005 08:36 AM
justforyou Yes, it seems like the torrents die down to a trickle pretty fast. When trying to start up a torrent, it sometimes pays off that the original seeder is not uploading too fast - that means the torrent gets alot of peers during a prolonged period (most peers will want to complete what they started).

June 14th, 2005 08:46 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
justforyou wrote:
Yes, it seems like the torrents die down to a trickle pretty fast. When trying to start up a torrent, it sometimes pays off that the original seeder is not uploading too fast - that means the torrent gets alot of peers during a prolonged period (most peers will want to complete what they started).

you are correct, super-seed mode does this, though not intentionally...

there is definitely some social-ngineering involved...

but if people are bailing as soon as they download, it doesnt matter if they are downloading in several hours or several days...

____

one more thought...

there is nothing wrong with leaving your client on for days.... just because you are not seeding immediately does not mean you should just disconnect. you can stay connected as a seed, not uploading at all but if you are open, then whenever a new peer connects, and you are needed, you will auto-start downloading. this is why there is a share ratio and upload gauge, so you know how much you have uploaded. you really should upload at least as much as you downloaded, and ideally you would upload more...

June 14th, 2005 12:26 PM
charlotte For such a short time span for the RO Tracker our completion rate is indeed outstanding...but:
comp=769 seeds=21

I have kept '72 and '73 seeding 24/7 and have not downloaded anything in a week because of the need to seed

Share Ratio:'72-3.469 '73-4.185

seeding keeps the Tracker going...without the seeds people will go on to other trackers

thanks mac for ALL of your efforts...and thanks to everyone else who are working hard to make this a success!
[Edited by charlotte]
June 14th, 2005 08:09 PM
PartyDoll MEG My first post(although I've been a member for 2 years). mac you beat me to the punch! This weekend it was obvious people were doing the "hit and run" with the Torrents. I had 7 to 8 people downloading from me at good up-load speeds and when they were done, never saw that many seeds on the Tracker.
This is a great way to get all those Shows you always wanted and the future shows. Mac has spent lots of hours getting this up and going. Lets show some Bit Torrent etiquette! (Is there such a thing?)
Maybe a little blurb on the tracker site might help! Keep up the great work-it is really appreciated!
[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
June 15th, 2005 01:04 AM
T&A does RO take requests for torrents? It was nice to see Laid in the Shade pt. 1 - could someone kindly seed Part Two? I got this in a trade several years ago but the trader screwed up the burn pretty badly....

would be much obliged....

Tod
[Edited by T&A]
June 15th, 2005 06:06 AM
2000 Man I'll put part two up in a day or so. I think I may have to compress that one and get it ready to torrent. It will be here real soon!
June 15th, 2005 08:09 AM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
This is a great way to get all those Shows you always wanted and the future shows. Mac has spent lots of hours getting this up and going. Lets show some Bit Torrent etiquette! (Is there such a thing?)
Maybe a little blurb on the tracker site might help! Keep up the great work-it is really appreciated!

excellent first post, and welcome to Rocks Off

Cant stress enough the importance to everyone (especially those new to this thing) that once you've downloaded a show, that you SHOULD leave it open to help others to do the same from you.

This whole project will only work if people show that etiquette to others. We DON'T want to have to enforce a share ratio system on users as other sites do, but prefer to rely on everyone's sense of goodwill
June 15th, 2005 11:46 AM
T&A
quote:
2000 Man wrote:
I'll put part two up in a day or so. I think I may have to compress that one and get it ready to torrent. It will be here real soon!

Thanks! BTW - I noticed quite a bit of digital (aside fromt the acetate surface noise) noise on Wild Horse on vol. 1 (3 track, disc 2) - is that on your master? If not, at some point maybe you could reseed that track?

Thanks, 2000 Man!
June 15th, 2005 12:35 PM
2000 Man That's like that on every copy I've ever heard. Mine came from a guy that bought his from Porky. I haven't listened to it in awhile, or I'd have mentioned that.
June 15th, 2005 01:32 PM
T&A cool -no prob. thanks for the quick response.
June 15th, 2005 07:20 PM
charlotte rs-2003-08-27.flac

Rolling Stones-"Ace of Clubs" {Part #3}
LIVE-@ The Astoria Theater-London, England
August 27, 2003

Disc #1

d1t01 Jumping Jack Flash [ 4:53]
d1t02 Live with Me [ 4:29]
d1t03 Hand of Fate [ 5:03]
d1t04 No Expectations [ 5:28]
d1t05 Worried About You [ 6:51]
d1t06 Heartbreaker [ 4:15]
d1t07 It's Only Rock and Roll [ 4:40]
d1t08 Ain't Too Proud to Beg [ 5:07]
d1t09 Everybody Needs Someone to Love [ 5:59]
d1t10 That's How Strong My Love Is [ 4:58]

Disc #2

d2t01 Going to a Go-Go [ 3:32]
d2t02 - band introductions - [ 2:57]
d2t03 Nearness of You [ 5:08]
d2t04 Before They Make Me Run [ 4:07]
d2t05 I Can't Turn You Loose [ 4:36]
d2t06 Honkey Tonk Women [ 4:24]
d2t07 Start Me Up [ 4:36]
d2t08 Tumbling Dice [ 4:55]
d2t09 Brown Sugar [ 6:59]
d2t10 Satisfaction [10:00]

total time [103:19]

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)