ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...It was her second name!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Zarqawi dead!!! (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
8th June 2006 11:21 AM
Maxlugar [quote]egon wrote:

FUCKING BULLSHIT max!!!

this has nothing to do with being muslim.

muslim is something you are by birth (blood)
for instance my girlfriend is muslim, because
her dad is tunisian.

You may think that this is just a "detail", but believe
me for a lot of people it isn't!

and by saying what you say, you are making it sound
like its muslims against non muslims.

It's not.

make sure you use words like "muslim" or "arab" in the right context... please

OK right I agree.

I mean THEIR version of it. I agree it's not all muslims. In fact they're obviously muslims helping us.

8th June 2006 11:21 AM
Riffhard
quote:
egon wrote:

FUCKING BULLSHIT max!!!

this has nothing to do with being muslim.

muslim is something you are by birth (blood)
for instance my girlfriend is muslim, because
her dad is tunisian.

You may think that this is just a "detail", but believe
me for a lot of people it isn't!

and by saying what you say, you are making it sound
like its muslims against non muslims.

It's not.

make sure you use words like "muslim" or "arab" in the right context... please

[Edited by egon]

Egon Max is refering to radical Islamists. The radicalized muslims that have openly stated that Allah must worshipped by all,and any and all nonbelievers must be put to the sword. This has been openly stated by Bin Laden,Zarqawi,and their ilk ad nauseum. It is NOT a blanket statement about all muslims. In fact it was muslims that tipped the US military as to al Zarqawi's whereabouts.

Riffy
8th June 2006 11:24 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I, for one, am glad al-Zarqawi is dead. He deserved it. No question of that.

I'm just afraid of someone far worse, crazier, and more militant stepping in to take his place....that would be a bad thing.

You see, this is the problem with fighting a guerilla war. We found this out in Viet Nam. There is always someone worse waiting in the wings....

No. He was as bad as it gets, and he was good at his job. It will be years before they get another one like him.
8th June 2006 11:29 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

They want you, I and everyone else dead or subjugated because we are not muslim.

well max i have more confidence in "our" side than you it seems...that shit ain't gonna happen...we got the guns and the money- especially if the world turns to the nuclear for its energy needs and pulls their oil rug out from under their feet) in which case the middle east becomes little more than another Zimbabwe,no doubt unpleasant but of no real consequence - the lawyers and (china aside) the numbers... as well as the momentum of the tide of history

"they" may (in their best case scenario) want "us" all dead ...but i think "they" are smart enough to know they won't pull that off... where they will win is if "they" turn us into a crowd (flock) of panicked sheep who are prepared to give up what we have in order to avoid the threat which we percieve they constitute...that's why the surrendering of our liberties in order to combat them is really giving them what they want on a silver platter
8th June 2006 11:29 AM
Maxlugar [quote]sirmoonie wrote:

No. He was as bad as it gets, and he was good at his job. It will be years before they get another one like him.

Moonie, do you remember him personally beheading Nick Berg?

That sucked.

8th June 2006 11:31 AM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Many of those that were in line to replace him are now dead. In fact one thing that has not really been pointed out was that not only is Zarqawi dead,but so too are his top five operatives that were in the building with him.

Zarqawi is dead and it's all Bush's fault!

Riffy
8th June 2006 11:33 AM
Sir Stonesalot I hope you are right moonie...I really do.

However, every time I think that maybe things could get better over there...it gets worse. I think our people over there need to be ready. The bad guys know that they have to respond to this in a big way. This could get pretty ugly in the coming weeks.
8th June 2006 11:34 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]sirmoonie wrote:

That sucked.

Yes, I remember that vividly.
8th June 2006 11:36 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]sirmoonie wrote:

That sucked.

The funny thing is that Nick Berg's dad blames Bush to this day for his son's death! Strange,huh? He sees this animal saw off his son's head and then somehow manages to find a way to pin the blame on Bush!

Riffy
8th June 2006 11:38 AM
Maxlugar [quote]stonedinaustralia wrote:
well max i have more confidence in "our" side than you it seems...that shit ain't gonna happen...we got the guns and the money-

Oh sure, my friend, I have total faith in their defeat.

But they will continue to make huge trouble.

Had you seen first hand two gigantic buildings with planes parked rudely on the upper floors belching jet fuel into their cores while you knew perfectly well some people you know were at their desk above those planes, you might feel a certain sense of urgency and reality that some might not. (Maybe you did see this first hand. I'm only guessing you didn't actually.) One doesn't even need to have seen this or have a loved in those buildings. Just stating my point of view.

So yes, we will defeat them thoroughly but it is entirely possible worse things will happen before that. And it's becasue they are not criminals but fanatical killers bend on taking us down because TO THEM we are infidels.

8th June 2006 11:39 AM
egon guys i understand that,
but it's important they we are clear about these things.

basically nowadays
"muslim" & "arab" already stand for "suicide bomber".
not good!

little story about how easily people slip into racisme;

me and my girlfriend are at this bbq, and there's this girl
who tells the following:

she's in a supermarket & a woman cuts almost in front of her.

she decides to leave it, but the women starts shouting
at her. big time.

the girl still says nothing.

the manager arrives and tries to calm the women down.
she won't and keeps shouting. .

finally the girl can't take it anymore and says
"shut your mouth you dirty arab".

at that moment the manager gets on the arabs side
saying "we don't have to get religion involved"
(like being arab has something to do with religion!)

Anycase, the girl finishes her story with;

"ok, it was a bit rude, but the only time i have problems
it's with "those" people.

now she has finished the story and looks around,
and that's where she actually starts to THINK a bit
about what she has told, and sees my girlfriend.... who's technically muslim

now she has to save the situation a bit so she says;

" i of course have nothing against arabs, i even have
arab friends"
(non of them were at the bbq btw...)

And things like this happen more and more.....

[Edited by egon]
8th June 2006 11:39 AM
telecaster
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I hope you are right moonie...I really do.

However, every time I think that maybe things could get better over there...it gets worse. I think our people over there need to be ready. The bad guys know that they have to respond to this in a big way. This could get pretty ugly in the coming weeks.

SS what are they going to do?

They are like the Japanese at the end of WWII with the Kamakazies

They know that they are losing and are getting desperate
8th June 2006 11:47 AM
Maxlugar Tele,

You suppose instead of all those virgins awaiting Zarqawi there's gonna be Billy Preston giving him the c*ck dance of a life time?

There's gotta be a reason Billy went so soon!

Billy Preston: American Hero.

M!
8th June 2006 11:48 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]Chuck wrote:
So he was "running iraq," was he?

Ha ha ha.

Wanna buy a bridge?

Had we pulled out, as libs have been advocating, yes.

Instead, Bush has held firm and he's dead.

Wanna buy a clue?

HOW MUCH?
LISTENING TO DIRTY WORK OUTTAKES,MAXY
telecaster
quote:
egon wrote:
guys i understand that,
but it's important they we are clear about these things.

basically nowadays
"muslim" & "arab" already stand for "suicide bomber".
not good!

little story about how easily people slip into racisme;

me and my girlfriend are at this bbq, and there's this girl
who tells the following:

she's in a supermarket & a woman cuts almost in front of her.

she decides to leave it, but the women starts shouting
at her. big time.

the girl still says nothing.

the manager arrives and tries to calm the women down.
she won't and keeps shouting. .

finally the girl can't take it anymore and says
"shut your mouth you dirty arab".

at that moment the manager gets on the arabs side
saying "we don't have to get religion involved"
(like being arab has something to do with religion!)

Anycase, the girl finishes her story with;

"ok, it was a bit rude, but the only time i have problems
it's with "those" people.

now she has finished the story and looks around,
and that's where she actually starts to THINK a bit
about what she has told, and sees my girlfriend.... who's technically muslim

now she has to save the situation a bit so she says;

" i of course have nothing against arabs, i even have
arab friends"
(non of them were at the bbq btw...)

And things like this happen more and more.....

[Edited by egon]

egon the only way to end this problem is for the 98% of Muslims to get fed up with this shit that the 2% are doing
and actually do something about it
PeerQueer This is very good news.

Mr. Z. was a significant thorn in the side of a potentially self-governing Iraq. His fatal move was ordering several bombings that collectively killed hundreds of Iraqis. They had enough.

This man was a killer - and has been aggressively working to harm the Western World for over a decade.

I can understand some Muslims declaring him a hero - having been born to hate all things American. What I cannot understand are the numbers of Americans who would call him a hero as well, or now attempt to minimize his death. The contiued rise in anti-Americanism within America itself is both astounding and very alarming.

We are at war folks - and will be for many more years.

8th June 2006 11:50 AM
egon
quote:
telecaster wrote:

egon the only way to end this problem is for the 98% of Muslims to get fed up with this shit that the 2% are doing
and actually do something about it

i agree there's some truth in that
8th June 2006 11:50 AM
glencar Who guessed PeerQueer was a sweet neocon?
8th June 2006 11:51 AM
glencar
quote:
egon wrote:

i agree there's some truth in that

Egon, my best friend's a jew. Years ago, I introduced him to some other friends when I moved to Ohio. One of them spewed forth all sorts of anti-semitic crap. Really embarassing.
8th June 2006 11:56 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Warning: I'm not reading this thread so don't expect moderation (at least from me)
8th June 2006 11:58 AM
telecaster
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Warning: I'm not reading this thread so don't expect moderation (at least from me)

Voodoo where is gypsy?

This place is empty without her
8th June 2006 12:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot >SS what are they going to do?<

Well, I hope that they are so depleted that they don't do anything. I don't think we are there yet.

But desperate people do desperate things...and that is what scares me. These terrorists have proven themselves to be capable of the unthinkable and the unspeakable. I don't know, specificaly, what they might do. I think that they know that it has to be big. They have to show everyone that they are still there and still capable. If that doesn't spell trouble, I don't know what does.

My grandad was on the Battleship Nevada at the end of WW2. He lost friends(and a bass fiddle player) to kamakazi attacks. We lost a lot of ships, and many many good men. Just because the acts are desperate does not mean that they are not still dangerous.

8th June 2006 12:10 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
glencar wrote:
Who guessed PeerQueer was a sweet neocon?

________

No, I'm a pragmatist.

And another thing - this war did not begin after 9-11, that is simply when America openly acknowledged it. It has been actively engaged for several decades.

I have an Egyptian tenant who came to this country in the late 70's - he is now in 60's. We had a long talk one day. The man is highly educated - his brother was a general in the Egyptian military prior to thier fleeing the country for military reasons.

He told me the following, and I remember it word for word because it sent chills when he did so. "Modern Islam's -at least the version you find throughout the fundamentalist factions of the the Middle East and North Africa, and parts of Asia, primary purpose is the eradication of the Western World. After WWII, when Israel was made into a nation where a nation did not exist, made by the Powers of the West, Islam was at war with America and all others who call her friend. In Egypt I have friends who despise America, who pray it is destroyed. I don't love this country - I tolerate it. It gave me a place to go when the political changes in Egypt endangered me and my family. For that I am grateful, so I tolerate America. Most Egyptians do not feel as I do though, and Egypt is among the more moderate Islamic nations in regards to America. Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran, those living in those countries seethe with hatred for America, and that hatred will have to be dealt with sooner or later, because they will demand that confrontation. Americans are a lazy people, 99% of the population is protected by the 1%. That means you are vulnerable, you will some day cease to exist. In that world, Islam might very well prevail - and I for one, think it will."

We had this conversation about year after 9-11. He was quite sincere.

It scared the shit out of me...

because I fear he may be right.

We're at war.

Call me whatever lame tag you want Glencar, but it won't change that fact. Just enjoy your 99% status while you can...

I for one, hope America prevails. Because, unlike my (still) Egyptian tenant, I don't tolerate America - I love it. I pray for it. And I understand how precarious the freedoms we currently enjoy really are.
8th June 2006 12:17 PM
glencar 99%? No, that's too high. There are plenty who are engaged in some way in defending this country.
8th June 2006 12:18 PM
Some Guy Has anyone done a search for and watched the video Loose Change? I would love to hear your take. it's out there to see.
8th June 2006 12:19 PM
the good
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]sirmoonie wrote:

That sucked.

Yeah, he was from my home town of West Chester, Pa. He went to Henderson High School, which is right down the street from where I went to high school. West Chester is a nice little town. I have heard he was a good kid. He certainly deserved more than he received at the hands of Zarqawi.
8th June 2006 12:22 PM
Riffhard
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

________

Call me whatever lame tag you want Glencar, but it won't change that fact. Just enjoy your 99% status while you can...

Oh no,no,no PQ! glencar is very much in the 1% catagory! He is very much on the side of America when it comes to the WOT. I don't think he was trying to be a smartass at all. I think he was just genuinly suprised at your position. A simple misunderstanding here. That is all.

At the end of the day Zarqawi is dead and I blame Bush!

Riffy
8th June 2006 12:30 PM
Dan
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Oh no,no,no PQ! glencar is very much in the 1% catagory! He is very much on the side of America when it comes to the WOT. I don't think he was trying to be a smartass at all. I think he was just genuinly suprised at your position. A simple misunderstanding here. That is all.

And its my impression that with his 1/99% positions he wasn't merely talking about political positions.
8th June 2006 12:32 PM
Nellcote I went to my daughter's year ending play today
All about American songs.
Each branch of the service was recognized
Veterans in the group were asked to stand and be recognized.
Corny as it sounds, given the events of the day,
it was outstanding, had many in the crowd cheering wildly!
WICKED PISSAH!!!!
8th June 2006 12:32 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Dan wrote:

And its my impression that with his 1/99% positions he wasn't merely talking about political positions.

LOL! Oh no you didn't!?

Riffy
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)