ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...It was her second name!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Zarqawi dead!!! (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
9th June 2006 08:58 AM
Chuck "That Justin Raimondo site shows that paranoia in America is alive & well."

Ah, so criticism of the government = paranoia, does it?

You would have done well in the Soviet Union, where critics of the government were deemed 'insane' and were thrown into asylums/prisons.

You would like that, no comrade?

9th June 2006 09:04 AM
egon
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]sirmoonie wrote:
"Don't take my word for it, Iraqis don't want democracy because they are a bunch of Koran worshipping nutcases,"

Whoa Egon you see this????

I see it.
and i don't understand why people
can't have a little more objective view of the situation.
this has nothing to do with the koran or being muslim.

and by saying things as "koran worshipping nutcases",
you insult a whole lot of people who, in return,
are going to start to think a whole lot unfriendlier about you.

But what the fuck do we care right? they're only arabs!

[Edited by egon]
9th June 2006 09:06 AM
JesusChrist Romans 12:19 "Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God; for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord."

Romans 12:20 "If your enemies are hungry, feed them; if they are thirsty, give them something to drink; for by doing this you will heap burning coals on their heads."

Romans 12:21 "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

Is there any of this stuff you people don't understand? It's pretty straight-forward.

9th June 2006 09:10 AM
egon hey, JB is back!
9th June 2006 09:37 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I NEVER ONCE COMPARED THE IRAQ WAR TO WWII!! Get over that bullshit!

Hmmmmm . . . .

quote:
Nasty Habits, way back in the day, wrote:

You scream for people to admit that this is good news but when did you ever once have the nads to admit that much of the Iraq situation has been an incompetently run, idiotically and arrogantly planned embarassment and that for at least two years the Bush administration has rarely been known to make an unfoolish move?

quote:
Riffhard responded:

5,687 dead. This is the number of dead American GIs in the first 24 hours of the Normandy Beach invasion we call D-Day. Shitty planning I guess?

Hhmmmmm . . .

quote:
JerryT wrote to Nasty Habits back on page 4:

News that might reflect the Bush adminstration in a positive light really seems to bother you. Why?

?????? That's a new one on me! Wish there was more of it!

quote:
Jerrt T Continued:

Do you go off on a tirade in response to all the Bush bashing that has gone on here for years? Why not?

Having been here for a number of years, I have watched any number of these political debates quagmire along predictable lines due to the close minded rhetoric of both sides of the issue. My posts were more about what I saw as a self-fulfilling prophecy in Max and Riffhard's style of presentation of the news e.g. "Liberals are going to hate this!!!" rather than the value of the news itself.

Saying that someone is full of misdirected hate while evincing barrelsfull of the stuff yourself seems to me to be the height of . . . what is it . . . oh yeah . . . condescension . . . and my arguments and illustrations were meant to suggest that perhaps . . . on occasion . . . one's own behavior is responsible for the antagonistic situation in which one finds himself.

Not that that has anything to do with anything.

9th June 2006 09:49 AM
lotsajizz most observant!
9th June 2006 09:57 AM
JerryT
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

and my arguments and illustrations were meant to suggest that perhaps . . . on occasion . . . one's own behavior is responsible for the antagonistic situation in which one finds himself.

Not that that has anything to do with anything.

Oh OK. Just seemed from all the antagonistic posts in this thread you had a choice of much worse than the one you went off on. I thought that was an incidence of selective outrage. I was wrong? Sorry.
9th June 2006 10:07 AM
glencar When did "quagmire" become a verb?
9th June 2006 10:17 AM
JesusChrist
quote:
glencar wrote:
When did "quagmire" become a verb?

9th June 2006 10:52 AM
telecaster Who is qoing to replace Zwaqari at Moonies, Jizzy & Chucks
weekly poker game?

Someone needs to tell these quys he ain't showing up for the meeting
9th June 2006 11:05 AM
JesusChrist Proverbs 29: "Show me people who drink too much, who have to try out fancy drinks, and I will show you people who are miserable and sorry for themselves, always causing trouble and always complaining. Their eyes are bloodshot, and they have bruises that could have been avoided."
9th June 2006 11:13 AM
egon I drink, therefore I am!
9th June 2006 11:20 AM
JesusChrist Hosea 4:11 - The Lord says, "Wine, both old and new, is robbing my people of their senses!"
9th June 2006 11:30 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]sirmoonie wrote:
"Don't take my word for it, Iraqis don't want democracy because they are a bunch of Koran worshipping nutcases,"

Whoa Egon you see this????

"and given a big multi-billion dollar staged chance to prove otherwise, they lined up, dipped their fingers in purple paint, and proceeded to act predictably. See, e.g. supra. See, e.g. your photos."

What are you saying here? This was a staged election??? They were paid? I might be a geek but this seems odd.

Why your ratting me out to Egon? You one of them dragnet narcs?

You know very well what I mean, Maxwell. At least you do when it suits you. Where did the love go? I say, where did the love go?

Staged meaning we spent at least a billion setting it up for a people who otherwise would never do so themselves - as evidence by the outcome. And again, you know very well what I mean.
9th June 2006 11:41 AM
Maxlugar [quote]sirmoonie wrote:

"Why your ratting me out to Egon? You one of them dragnet narcs?"

Because it was fun. Whee!

"Staged meaning we spent at least a billion setting it up for a people who otherwise would never do so themselves - as evidence by the outcome. And again, you know very well what I mean."

I really didn't know what you mean. I'm a geek and need it spelled out for me! Thanks! Now as far a staged goes, of course we set the stage for them to vote. I don't think you'd be out there demanding voters rights under Saddam. They did vote and that was good. They voted under threat to their lives which was pretty ballsy I think. Seems the really wanted to do it to me.
9th June 2006 11:43 AM
Ronnie Richards Can't be bothered to read all 8(!) pages, just wanna point out what should be obvious to all decent people:
1. The fact that the murdering cunt al-Zarqawi is dead, is news of the most excellent kind.
2. Bush still sucks.
[Edited by Ronnie Richards]
9th June 2006 11:47 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]sirmoonie wrote:
They voted under threat to their lives which was pretty ballsy I think. Seems the really wanted to do it to me.

Hmmmmm.....maybe I was wrong. It is a democracy. Just like Iran.
9th June 2006 12:11 PM
Maxlugar [quote]sirmoonie wrote:
Hmmmmm.....maybe I was wrong. It is a democracy. Just like Iran.

I doubt it but I guess we'll see.

Are you coming back "home" soon?
9th June 2006 12:22 PM
nankerphelge Max, can you help me.

Chuck apparently has a point, and spoke very slowly so I could figure it out:

"Here, let me say it slowly: t h i s p e r s o n h a s z e r o c r e d i b i l i t y."

But I still can't figure out his point.

Apparently, your suggestion that the guy who was running the Iraqi insurgency would be "running Iraq" if the US were not there to prevent it somehow makes you have no credibility.

Oh wait...I think I am figuring it out now.

C h u c k h a s z e r o c l u e!

sincerely,

the wise guy

[Edited by nankerphelge]
9th June 2006 12:56 PM
Maxlugar [quote]nankerphelge wrote:

Can't really say, Nanky
He is a little thick I guess
Understand, I don't really know the guy
Common sense seems to evade him though
Kittens know more about the world.

Few posters come off as nasty.
Unless he's doing it as a joke?
Could he be retarded?
Killing Zarqawi seems to upset him
Sad little man.

Got to move on though
Otherwise we let hate take over us!
Another goodbye to another bad man
Tomorrow is another day to kill more terrorists
So the left can complain some more.
9th June 2006 01:06 PM
JesusChrist Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
9th June 2006 01:06 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Who is qoing to replace Zwaqari at Moonies, Jizzy & Chucks
weekly poker game?

And, telecoward, a seat waits for you with political heroes--Stalin, Commodus, Harding---you know, your compadres....

9th June 2006 01:14 PM
LadyJane Times are really sad around here.
Our friends are fighting.
Our frustrations are showing.

Fortunately, the Stones will be playing soon.
Unfortunately, we still have to wait a month.
Need some more shows to occupy our time
Not soon enough, though.
Y'all know what I mean????

LJ.
9th June 2006 01:16 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]nankerphelge wrote:

Can't really say, Nanky
He is a little thick I guess
Understand, I don't really know the guy
Common sense seems to evade him though

Few posters come off as nasty.
Unless he's doing it as a joke?
Could he be retarded?
Killing Zarqawi seems to upset him
Sad little man.

Got to move on though
Otherwise we let hate take over us!
Another goodbye to another bad man
Tomorrow is another day to kill more terrorists
So the left can complain some more.

That my friend is brilliant!

Forget about trying to figure him out.
Unless,of course,you're into talking to walls
Could be that Chuck just hates Jesus,Allah,and Buddah?
Kind of seems odd to me,but it's just dogma to him.

Chuck can't call Zarqawi Evil because it's religious dogma?!
He ignors that Zarqawi's own dogma is the essence of evil!
Unless I'm mistaken killing kids for kicks is pretty evil!
Chuck might not hesitate to use the word if it were his kid.
Kids slaughtered intentionally to advance Islam is evil!

Riffy
9th June 2006 01:23 PM
JesusChrist
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Matthew 5:38-39)...Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. (Matthew 5:38-44)

9th June 2006 01:25 PM
Dan
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

http://baghdadgirl.blogspot.com/
9th June 2006 01:31 PM
Buddha
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
9th June 2006 01:39 PM
Eric Clapton For you all? Tears in heaven.

I've stubbed my toe...
9th June 2006 02:20 PM
Diego Maradona Christ, Buddha, and Slowhand.

Stop fouling me you locos!

I possess the true Hand of God!
9th June 2006 02:48 PM
Eric Clapton Mighty are those who covet close friends wives and write songs with tedious instrumental endings dedicated to thy forbidden fruits. Beeotch. (Slowhand 5:17:32-3)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)