ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...It was her second name!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Zarqawi dead!!! (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
9th June 2006 05:41 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Eric Clapton wrote:
Mighty are those who covet close friends wives and write songs with tedious instrumental endings dedicated to thy forbidden fruits. Beeotch. (Slowhand 5:17:32-3)

I still love the Coke.

Goddam I can't go w/o it for too long kid!

In fact...
9th June 2006 05:44 PM
nankerphelge Wonder if they had a warrant??

WASHINGTON -- A series of U.S. military raids based on intelligence gathered from the destroyed hideout of terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi have yielded at least two dozen captives and a hidden cache of weaponry, Iraqi army uniforms and other materials, a senior U.S. military spokesman said Friday.

Maj. Gen. Bill Caldwell, speaking to reporters at the Pentagon by video-teleconference from his office in Baghdad, said that after 17 such raids in the immediate aftermath of Wednesday's airstrike on Zarqawi's safehouse, more were launched on Thursday.

Caldwell displayed digital photographs of recovered items that he said included a suicide belt, a flak vest, passports and identification cards, vehicle license plates, ammunition belts, rifles and other guns and a night-vision device. He said they were found under the floorboards of a building; he did not identify the location.

Caldwell also said the man he thinks is a possible successor to Zarqawi as leader of the shadowy terrorist group known as al-Qaidi in Iraq has been operating in Iraq longer than Zarqawi and that the two first met in Afghanistan. He was referring to Abu Ayyub al-Masri, whom he described as an Egyptian-born terrorist leader.

He said al-Masri has had "communications" with Osama bin Laden's chief lieutenant, Ayman al-Zawahiri. He did not elaborate and would not say whether al-Masri also has been in touch with bin Laden, who is believed to be hiding in Pakistan.

The spokesman also disclosed that Zarqawi was still alive when U.S. troops arrived on the scene after Wednesday's airstrike by an F-16 fighter. The terrorist "mumbled a little something" and made an apparent effort to get away after being placed on a stretcher by Iraqi police, Caldwell said. On Thursday U.S. officials had said Zarqawi was dead when he was found. Caldwell said new information indicated that he survived a short time.

Caldwell also suggested the possibility that Zarqawi was not inside the safehouse when it was attacked. He said he spoke with several knowledgeable Air Force officers on Friday to learn how it was possible for Zarqawi to have survived, even for a short time, the devastating power of two 500-pound bombs.
9th June 2006 05:55 PM
Dan I find it encouraging that not only were enough pieces left to identify him by, but he also survived just long enough to realize what had happened. The inevitible successor - not so encouraging.
9th June 2006 06:01 PM
nankerphelge I enjoyed that too. Nice to know that he realized his ass was ours before he died!

Hopefully all the intel found at the scene will result in some further dismantling of their network.

Time to deliver some more justice!
10th June 2006 12:22 AM
Bloozehound seeing how he was still alive, was Zarquai just grilled or Bar-b-qued

damn where'd that bar b que thread go...
10th June 2006 12:50 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]sirmoonie wrote:

I doubt it but I guess we'll see.

Are you coming back "home" soon?

Yes, very soon.

Thanks, my friend.
10th June 2006 01:43 AM
Starbuck hello.

i have come late to this thread and, quite frankly, i don't have the attention span to read all 9 pages. could someone please sum up? i have a few questions:

1. any good flame wars? i saw some stupid shit between jiz and the neocons that made me want to puke on my keyboard. "your mommy's gonna come home and see what you did on the computer and get all pissed off" kind of crap. C- list. jesus, can't ANYONE flame anymore? where is feej when you need him?

2. has tele posted any links?

3. who did we get in iraq? al who?

10th June 2006 02:04 AM
pdog Starbuck you have been missed. Are the little ones running you ragged?
Flame wars ain't what they used to be. It's so bad now, I spending my time with Riffy, I can't be assosciated with people who use terms like "ilk" and "strawman" in every post. It's gay. I may not be a neo-con, but they're alot more fun to hang with...
10th June 2006 07:58 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:
I can't be assosciated with people who use terms like "ilk" and "strawman" in every post. It's gay.

'Gay' as a perjorative....a knowledge of vocabulary as a negative? Gee, you belong with the neocons, pdog. I'm sure you can have a good lynching joke or chuckle over people being 'BBQ'd' with your spiritual ilk. Keep working on that correspondence course....

[Edited by lotsajizz]
10th June 2006 09:00 AM
glencar I think Pdog meant "gay" as in really keen & insightful. Each of your posts reveal new & interesting ways of looking at the world.
10th June 2006 09:22 AM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
Each of your posts reveal new & interesting ways of looking at the world.

Each of HIS posts make me long for the return of Pavlov's Dog.

LJ.
10th June 2006 09:24 AM
glencar You see through my blarney every stinkin' time!
10th June 2006 10:40 AM
Chuck A lot of folks are going to "hang" with the neocons. heh heh heh.
10th June 2006 10:55 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Chuck wrote:
A lot of folks are going to "hang" with the neocons. heh heh heh.

THE GEORGE W. BUSH ACADEMY OF MILITARY TACTICS

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
10th June 2006 02:30 PM
Starbuck "Each of HIS posts make me long for the return of Pavlov's Dog. "

LJ....eesh...

this is like saying you'd like to replace W with pol pot.

and pdog how can you not know what ilk means? there are tons of them running around in alaska. have you never seen the nature channel?

my imminent return is just around the corner. i have about a hundred finals left to grade and shall return in force on monday...

however, something must be done about this flame business. these shoddy flames make me want to go hang out at the REM message board.

10th June 2006 02:52 PM
glencar Those Remmers were the worst flamers I'v ever seen!
10th June 2006 03:45 PM
sirmoonie Jeez, reading more about this Zarqawi - he was a sociopath even apart from being an Islamic psycho. It doesn't even sound like he was Islamic really, he just enjoyed hurting other human beings.

When I get to hell, I'm going beat this piss out of him.
10th June 2006 04:48 PM
FPM C10 Something I wonder about - and before I go any further let me state enthusiastically that I applaud the death of this brutal terrorist (have to get that in, since if you're not visibly dancing a jig of bloodlust and revenge, you're not truly American) - but I wonder who will get the 25 million dollar reward. Didn't the initial reports say he was ratted out by his fellow terrorists who were sick of him hogging all the headlines? So we're going to fork over 25 million American tax dollars to terrorists?

10th June 2006 04:51 PM
pdog
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Something I wonder about - and before I go any further let me state enthusiastically that I applaud the death of this brutal terrorist (have to get that in, since if you're not visibly dancing a jig of bloodlust and revenge, you're not truly American) - but I wonder who will get the 25 million dollar reward. Didn't the initial reports say he was ratted out by his fellow terrorists who were sick of him hogging all the headlines? So we're going to fork over 25 million American tax dollars to terrorists?

I might be wrong, but I think the rat was voided of the reward, b/c they ratted out under interrogation, after being captured themselves. It's a loophole. Maybe the torturers will get the money. Sirmoonie should get the money...
10th June 2006 04:55 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:

I might be wrong, but I think the rat was voided of the reward, b/c they ratted out under interrogation, after being captured themselves. It's a loophole. Maybe the torturers will get the money. Sirmoonie should get the money...

Right you are pdog. The 25 mill goes unclaimed because it was,indeed,and interogator that pried that information out of an al Queada operative. Now mark my words here. It's just a matter of time before the DLM starts asking if "torture" was used to elicit this intel. They will do that you can bet on that. They have already started to question whether or not the US military shot an injured Zarqawi!!! It's true! It's predictable!

Riffy
10th June 2006 05:06 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
YES!!!

If it were up to the anti-Bush freaks, he'd still be alive and running Iraq.

Murtha? Any comments?

Seems to me that if Murtha's plan had been followed - that is, to maintain a strong presence in the area but NOT in Iraq itself - we could've still gotten al-Zarqawi. It took two planes and two bombs. They didn't need to take off from Iraq to get the job done.

The thousands of casualties we have sustained just by patrolling up and down the same streets for three years, getting blown up by roadside bombs, had little if anything to do with this one victory.

So if the US had adopted anything similar to Murtha's plan, al-Zarqawi would be dead, but the 24 Iraqis massacred in Haditha would be alive. Those would both be good things, wouldn't they?

10th June 2006 05:22 PM
Riffhard
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Seems to me that if Murtha's plan had been followed - that is, to maintain a strong presence in the area but NOT in Iraq itself - we could've still gotten al-Zarqawi. It took two planes and two bombs. They didn't need to take off from Iraq to get the job done.

The thousands of casualties we have sustained just by patrolling up and down the same streets for three years, getting blown up by roadside bombs, had little if anything to do with this one victory.

So if the US had adopted anything similar to Murtha's plan, al-Zarqawi would be dead, but the 24 Iraqis massacred in Haditha would be alive. Those would both be good things, wouldn't they?

Ummmm,no you're wrong. US Spec Ops troops were stationed around the house where he was hit for over a week. They "tagged" the house with laser target designators so that the laser guided bombs could lock onto the target.

Murtha is an old fool that has zero credibility inside military circles. This I have heard first hand from more than one troop on the ground inside Iraq. The old kook is angleing for a political leadership role. That's all his rhetoric is about anyway. The left holds him up as another of their "untouchables" because he is a former marine. He's tired of being a backbencher and he likes the attention that the Cindy Sheehan wing of the dem party has afforded him.

Zarqawi would still be alive had we followed Murtha's plan. That is a fact. Another in a long list of examples of how left wants to deal with the problem. Just walk away from it. Great plan guys!

Riffy
10th June 2006 05:44 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Right you are pdog. The 25 mill goes unclaimed because it was,indeed,and interogator that pried that information out of an al Queada operative. Now mark my words here. It's just a matter of time before the DLM starts asking if "torture" was used to elicit this intel. They will do that you can bet on that. They have already started to question whether or not the US military shot an injured Zarqawi!!! It's true! It's predictable!

Riffy

Then you get my sarcasm... Most people snitch w/o torture. Just a simple lessening of punishment can be enough...
10th June 2006 05:50 PM
Starbuck you guys are all a bunch of .....

murthafockers!
11th June 2006 12:19 AM
glencar Even Murtha voted against his own plan when the House voted on it last fall. I dunno if it was posted here or elsewhere but in 1993 he was the one who advised Bubba to cut & run after we lost those troops in Somalia. He's gutless.
11th June 2006 02:02 AM
Stonesthrow
quote:
egon wrote:

muslim is something you are by birth (blood)
for instance my girlfriend is muslim, because
her dad is tunisian.

You may think that this is just a "detail", but believe
me for a lot of people it isn't!

and by saying what you say, you are making it sound
like its muslims against non muslims.

It's not.

[Edited by egon]

Egon, you are dead wrong about this. Your girl friend is not muslim because her dad is Tunisian. She is Tunisian. It so happens that her Tunisian parents chose to rear her in the religious tradition of Islam. Islam is a religion, not a nationality. That is the same mistake as calling all people from Israel Jews. They are Israeli. Not all people who live in Israel are Jewish.

Re the military intervention in the Middle East, the real problem as I see it is that the administration did not really understand the enemy. In all previous wars in which America fought (with the possible exception of some in Vietnam), the enemies were relatively rational thinkers who were in it for territory, money, and/or power. Once the hammer came down, they all folded because they valued their own lives too highly-- can you say Cuban Missile Crisis?). These enemies are totally different. Lives, including their own, mean nothing to them. This country needs to readjust its war strategy to deal with this completely different situation. The idea of trying to spread democracy throughout the MidEast sounds good. However, because the radical Islamicists have such different priorities, democracy may never be achieved.

My solution (often stated) would be to economically marginalize those countries by engaging in a war-time effort to move away from fossil fuels. Doing so would severely cut back on their revenues (much of which is used to finance terrorist activities), would significantly help our balance of trade situation, and would make it so we don't care what happens there. Once we remove ourselves from the situation, they can resume their millenia old neighborhood squabbling.

11th June 2006 02:04 AM
glencar Smart post.
11th June 2006 09:30 AM
egon
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:
Egon, you are dead wrong about this. Your girl friend is not muslim because her dad is Tunisian. She is Tunisian. It so happens that her Tunisian parents chose to rear her in the religious tradition of Islam. Islam is a religion, not a nationality.

My girlfriend IS muslim by blood, wheter she wants to or not.
(i think it's similar with being jew, only
there it's the mother that passes it on..?)

But my girlfriend herself is NOT religious.
eve her dad is not practising the islam,
but he is muslim because of his dad

[Edited by egon]
[Edited by egon]
11th June 2006 10:01 AM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
Even Murtha voted against his own plan when the House voted on it last fall. I dunno if it was posted here or elsewhere but in 1993 he was the one who advised Bubba to cut & run after we lost those troops in Somalia. He's gutless.

If you're referring to that idiotic stunt the Republicans pulled, the vote was not on Murtha's proposal. Really, look it up. I know Republicans have reading comprehension problems and if you say something enough times you believe it to be true, but it was not on Murtha's proposal.

Don't know about Murtha's advise to Bubba re: Somalia, but I'd be curious to see what the Republican leaders thought of our military interventions during that time frame. I'd be willing to bet it wasn't for massive military involvement. I mean didn't W. run on the "no nation building" platform based on Clinton's forays into other countries? But if you must insist on the tried and poll-tested term gutless "cut & run", please don't forget Uncle Ronnie's Excellent Adventure in Lebanon. That established the benchmark in the Middle East for how the US involvement could be manipulated.
11th June 2006 10:03 AM
glencar I agree that Reagan started us on a bad slide. And that resolution might not have been sponsored by Murtha but it echoed what he was saying. He was just too gutless to follow through.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)