ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...It was her second name!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Zarqawi dead!!! (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
8th June 2006 09:42 AM
Chuck You have no credibility. I'm done with you, poltroon.
8th June 2006 09:51 AM
Some Guy it's gonna be a good day tater.
8th June 2006 09:52 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Chuck wrote:
"After three times, I think you made whatever point you wanted to make."

"Whatever point?"

So after three times you still don't get the point?

Here, let me say it slowly: t h i s p e r s o n h a s z e r o c r e d i b i l i t y.

That's four times now, wiseguy.
[Edited by Chuck]

Al Zarquawi WAS INDEED RUNINNIG Iraq. At least the terroristsi insurgent infrastructure inside Iraq. That is what Max was saying,and you know it. You,and othres here,are just never ever gonna admit that though because it is not on your political radr screen. Had you been around when Hitler put a bullet in his own head you probably would have made some stuppid assed remark like,"Well that doesn't mean that the nazis are all dead!"

Let me say it slowly, Z a r q a w i I S D E A D!!! T H I S I S H U G E F U C K I N G N E W S!!! E V E N I F Y O U 'R E N O T W I L L I N G T O A D M I T I T!!!

Geesh the level of hatered for Bush is so goddamned important to some people that no news will ever be greeted with anything other than this kind of pathetic attitude! al Queada is,for all intents and purposses,finished inside Iraq. Damn right I said it!! It's true!

Riffy
8th June 2006 09:57 AM
the good Well, I have made it a point not to post on political threads anymore, but this really shouldn't be a political thread. A monster of a man is no more. Congratulations to the President, the American military, our allies, and the people of Iraq.
8th June 2006 10:01 AM
Riffhard
quote:
the good wrote:
Well, I have made it a point not to post on political threads anymore, but this really shouldn't be a political thread. A monster of a man is no more. Congratulations to the President, the American military, our allies, and the people of Iraq.

Goddamned straight!!!! How hard was that? To some though any positive recognition of a job well done is tantamount to admitting that we are actually doing some very good things in Iraq. Their hatered of Bush and the US military will never allow that. Pathetic!

Riffy
8th June 2006 10:03 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Great great great news! How funny that it pisses so many people off!

Riffy

What pisses people off is not the fact that this is an actual accomplishment but the fact that the minute something actually goes right in Iraq you boys have to jump up and down screaming "everything has been going right all along", "we were justified in our beliefs" and that dissenters are just a bunch of wrong-headed anti-American peace peddling pud pounders.

You scream for people to admit that this is good news but when did you ever once have the nads to admit that much of the Iraq situation has been an incompetently run, idiotically and arrogantly planned embarassment and that for at least two years the Bush administration has rarely been known to make an unfoolish move?

Oh wait, that's just the media's fault.

I mean, good for Bush and his approval rating, but what really pisses people off is you guys dragging out your paper tigers and lighting them in effigy in zones that have clearly been labelled no smoking.

8th June 2006 10:14 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

What pisses people off is not the fact that this is an actual accomplishment but the fact that the minute something actually goes right in Iraq you boys have to jump up and down screaming "everything has been going right all along", "we were justified in our beliefs" and that dissenters are just a bunch of wrong-headed anti-American peace peddling pud pounders.

You scream for people to admit that this is good news but when did you ever once have the nads to admit that much of the Iraq situation has been an incompetently run, idiotically and arrogantly planned embarassment and that for at least two years the Bush administration has rarely been known to make an unfoolish move?

I mean, good for Bush and his approval rating, but what really pisses people off is you guys dragging out your paper tigers and lighting them in effigy in zones that have clearly been labelled no smoking.

LOL! You think? Nicely worded. Quoted for truth and accuracy.

Frankly, I think Zarqawi is dead because of my continual denunciations of terrorists here on Rocks Off.

Or maybe its because he was trying to get MoMo Quad's deal and negotiations broke down.

Either way, yes a victory, another Islamic whack job gone, and maybe the civil war in Iraq will tone itself down for a few months as a result.
8th June 2006 10:15 AM
Riffhard 5,687 dead. This is the number of dead American GIs in the first 24 hours of the Normandy Beach invasion we call D-Day. Shitty planning I guess?

What we have done in Iraq is absofuckinglutly incredible! That many here will never admit that is too bad. However,talking to people that are actually there on the ground in Iraq is way more important,and trustworthy to me than anybody here or in the DLM!

Great things coming out of Iraq!!!

Holy shit are those Iraqis I see dancing in the streets? Holy shit is that an American flag that those Iraqi children are waving?

Riffy
8th June 2006 10:24 AM
Egbert It's Wal-Mart time!
8th June 2006 10:25 AM
glencar This is good news.
8th June 2006 10:28 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Egbert wrote:
It's Wal-Mart time!

that sums it up
8th June 2006 10:29 AM
glencar Because of a grammatical glitch, it's quite possible that the Koranic passage which promises that salvation is an eternal Fleet Week for young men who massacre innocents more likely promises that you get a nice bowl of juicy white raisins when you go to Heaven. Not only is that great news for twitchy evil pervs like Atta because it means his tighty-whiteys will remain unsullied by female hands for all eternity, it opens huge new possibilities for "Fruit of the Loom" underwear. One can only imagine the reactions of these young men, all torqued-up from endless assurances that their afterlife will be one endless booty-call, only to be greeted with a great big bowl of white raisins
8th June 2006 10:30 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Nasty Habits wrote:

Well Nasty when you are coming from the angle some of us are coming from on this issue(and there's maybe 10 of us by the way), you do feel you need to emphasize the good that is going on because yes, the media do not do enough of it. Hardly any of it. One needs to go to soldier blogs or Iraqi citizen blogs and Fox News and occassional CBS(yes lately!)to hear all that is going very well there. So I don't feel the need to go on and on about the many failures that occur in Iraq. The media is doing it for us. Over doing it in fact.
8th June 2006 10:33 AM
glencar Damn, why didn't Tony Snow get hired years ago?
8th June 2006 10:34 AM
Sir Stonesalot I, for one, am glad al-Zarqawi is dead. He deserved it. No question of that.

I'm just afraid of someone far worse, crazier, and more militant stepping in to take his place....that would be a bad thing.

You see, this is the problem with fighting a guerilla war. We found this out in Viet Nam. There is always someone worse waiting in the wings....
8th June 2006 10:39 AM
Nasty Habits Then why is it that your first visible-to-me-and-many-others' impulse upon learning this news is to goad and anger your fellow Rolling Stones fans?

Why do you present yourself and the situation as some sort of sports event, the Libs Vs. Cons, and crow TOUCHDOWN! IN YOUR FACE!!

Why not present your superior knowledge and understanding of the situation and its implications for a peaceful and stable Iraq in a way other than . . . ahem . . . mind if I quote you?

"If it were up to the anti-Bush freaks, he'd still be alive and running Iraq." - Max Lugar, earlier this year

Because, see, to me, that doesn't sound very enlightened at all . . .

8th June 2006 10:40 AM
telecaster The video of the hit is a thing of beauty

However, since we might have tapped his phone line and/or
monitored his internet usage I find this to be a violation of his human liberties and thus I protest this act
8th June 2006 10:43 AM
Some Guy Chik Fil-A makes a strong sandwich
8th June 2006 10:48 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Chik Fil-A makes a strong sandwich

Hells yes! The best gawtdamned chicken sandwich on the planet!

Riffy
8th June 2006 10:51 AM
telecaster Man that George W. Bush is dumb

International terrorists that were roaming the world come to Iraq to fight the US Military

The US Military kills them

So instead of bombing/fighting civilians in Canada, New York, Omaha, London, Amsterdam, etc they come to Iraq to fight the US Air Force, Marines, Army

Yep, that Bush is really dumb

Iraq is kind of like a roach motel for terrorists, no?
8th June 2006 10:52 AM
Sir Stonesalot Actually, I make the best chicken sandwich on the face of the planet.

Chik-Fil-A is fast food garbage.
8th June 2006 10:55 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Nasty Habits wrote:
Why not present your superior knowledge and understanding of the situation and its implications for a peaceful and stable Iraq in a way other than . . . ahem . . . mind if I quote you?

"If it were up to the anti-Bush freaks, he'd still be alive and running Iraq." - Max Lugar, earlier this year

Oh I have numerous times. I've writen at length on the various boards in a manner unlike the above. Depends what mood I'm in. As a minority (what is it 500 to 10 on this board?) one sometimes feels the need to be an animal to get your point across. Right now I'm in a caveman-like, jumping up and down over the kill mood.

"Because, see, to me, that doesn't sound very enlightened at all . . "

I really don't care how I sound to anyone. I've already been told numerous times I shouldn't like the Stones (or R&R at all) because of how I think politically. That, to me, is the ultimate in condescension.
[Edited by Maxlugar]
8th June 2006 11:00 AM
stonedinaustralia as far as i can know the canadian operation was all above board (so to speak)...the force of "good" can win on its own terms and we need to get on the front foot in this respect... not this re-active postion that some seem to take

it is true imo... those who would give up liberty for the sake of security deserve neither...better to die on your feet than to live on your knees (the cliches just keep on coming folks)- that's the rolling stones attitude to this (imho)

these "terrorists" are just glorified crims and to label them as an "enemy" is to give then more credibility than they deserve and to concede ground... which is never a good move

the real threat is not middle eastern muslims...it is the disaffected second & third generation "western" types or at least those savy to western ways of thinking...like timothy mcveigh or the baader meinhoff gang but with a strong bent for allah

but all in all a great day for peace loving types

now maybe we can get back to more important stuff like rock and roll and drugs and getting laid and stuff like that

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
8th June 2006 11:03 AM
Maxlugar [quote]stonedinaustralia wrote:
these "terrorists" are just glorified crims and to label them as an "enemy" is to give then more credibility than they deserve and to concede ground... which is never good move

They want you, I and everyone else dead or subjugated because we are not muslim.

That's more than criminal. It is a clear ENEMY in the simpliest of terms.
8th June 2006 11:05 AM
glencar Most glorified criminals don't have religious/political agendas. I agree that some of these guys are just goons but most have specific ends they have in mind & it's to cause as much trauma & loss as possible in order to hurt the Christian West, Israel, the new gov'ts in Afghanistan or Iraq, etc.
8th June 2006 11:07 AM
Bloozehound If the anti-Bush freaks had their way we'd still be dealing with the UN and would have John Kerry's gang of trial lawyers roaming the middle east trying to subpoena al Qaeda into submission

It's time for the libs to take their thumbs out of their asses and put them back in their mouths, and go sit in their rooms cuz
playtimes over
[Edited by Bloozehound]
8th June 2006 11:09 AM
glencar Howe will this affect Algore's new movie's ticket sales?
8th June 2006 11:09 AM
glencar Two 500 pound bombs were used to get him. That has got to hurt!
8th June 2006 11:12 AM
egon
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]stonedinaustralia wrote:
They want you, I and everyone else dead or subjugated because we are not muslim.

FUCKING BULLSHIT max!!!

this has nothing to do with being muslim.

muslim is something you are by birth (blood)
for instance my girlfriend is muslim, because
her dad is tunisian.

You may think that this is just a "detail", but believe
me for a lot of people it isn't!

and by saying what you say, you are making it sound
like its muslims against non muslims.

It's not.

make sure you use words like "muslim" or "arab" in the right context... please

[Edited by egon]
8th June 2006 11:14 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Then why is it that your first visible-to-me-and-many-others' impulse upon learning this news is to goad and anger your fellow Rolling Stones fans?

Why do you present yourself and the situation as some sort of sports event, the Libs Vs. Cons, and crow TOUCHDOWN! IN YOUR FACE!!

Because, see, to me, that doesn't sound very enlightened at all . . .

Nasty if I may. I don't claim to speak for Macky,but I think we may have the same thoughts on this.

The reason for the in-your-face attitude is because so many people love to point out all the bad news while never trumpeting any good news at all. When good news,or in this case great news,does come out of Iraq you can make bank that many will quickly follow the headline up with some absurd shit about how Zarqawi never would have been a threat if not for Bush's failed Iraq policies. In fact that very point has been made in this thread. It's fucking inane and absurd on it's face,but many really think that way. In fact I would go so far as to say that many liberals are not at all happy about this asshole being killed. Weird.

Riffy
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)