ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Dave Hogan with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Obama's Speech-a fraud (NS) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
24th March 2008 03:27 PM
Fiji Joe Time...place...could he be more full of crap?

It's Obama calling the kettle blacker

--------

Christian Right "hijacked" faith, says Obama
Share June 23, 2007 5:34 PM

ABC News' Lauren Sher Reports: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., criticized some religious conservatives for tainting and politicizing faith, in his speech to fellow members of the United Church of Christ in Hartford, Conn., Sunday.

"Somehow, somewhere along the way, faith stopped being used to bring us together and started being used to drive us apart. It got hijacked," presidential hopeful Obama said. "Part of it's because of the so-called leaders of the Christian Right, who've been all too eager to exploit what divides us."

Obama expressed disapproval at the Right's use of faith that he argues unfairly divides Republicans and Democrats on religious issues.

"At every opportunity, they've told evangelical Christians that Democrats disrespect their values and dislike their Church, while suggesting to the rest of the country that religious Americans care only about issues like abortion and gay marriage; school prayer and intelligent design," he said.

Obama called upon church members and the nation to "rededicate ourselves to a new kind of politics - a politics of conscience," which engages values in government decision-making.

Barack Obama continues on the trail appearing next in Boston.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/06/christian-right.html
24th March 2008 03:29 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

WTF? He may have released some stinkers (Some Time In New York City), but a number of his albums were at least "decent" (Imagine, Mind Games) and one was a timeless classic:

Andy Griffith made more money singing Jesus' songs...
24th March 2008 03:39 PM
Nasty Habits
24th March 2008 03:41 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Ain't no party like an old timey song party
24th March 2008 03:47 PM
Starbuck BBJ...all of feej's knowledge of lennon's solo work was learned during john lennon week at www.maxlugar.com....he may also have heard an upstairs neighbor blast "instant karma" a bit too loud once in the early 80s....and, of course, the local classic rock station playing "happy christmas" repeatedly every december.

he still thinks "crippled inside" has something to do with FDR.
24th March 2008 03:47 PM
glencar I don't have the inclination to read the last few pages as I see too much Brainbell crap but suffice to say, I spent Easter with my Dem friends & even those who favored Barry O'Bama over Hilary in the recent NY primary now wish they could take their vote back. I'm not sure that they're switching over to McCain yet but they're much less enthusiastic about this November. Of course, they didn't attend Harvard with Barry but they did like him at one point. The 2 things that angered them most? "God damn America!" & "For the 1st time in my adult life, I'm proud of my country." President McCain, please make us proud.
24th March 2008 03:50 PM
glencar Oh, there's this from today's US Mail...

24th March 2008 03:56 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
BBJ...all of feej's knowledge of lennon's solo work was learned during john lennon week at www.maxlugar.com....he may also have heard an upstairs neighbor blast "instant karma" a bit too loud once in the early 80s....and, of course, the local classic rock station playing "happy christmas" repeatedly every december.

he still thinks "crippled inside" has something to do with FDR.

You obviously haven't been to the couch lately...I have now officialy heard more of his solo work than you...I've owned every record he's made at one time or another, and the boots I linked for you, are only a portion of what I've listened to...and what I find with his music is that very little requires me to listen to it twice...I can't put it any other way than he was a mediocre solo artist

24th March 2008 04:00 PM
glencar Frankly? "Imagine" sucks.
24th March 2008 04:16 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Time...place...could he be more full of crap?

It's Obama calling the kettle blacker

--------

Christian Right "hijacked" faith, says Obama
Share June 23, 2007 5:34 PM

ABC News' Lauren Sher Reports: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., criticized some religious conservatives for tainting and politicizing faith, in his speech to fellow members of the United Church of Christ in Hartford, Conn., Sunday.

"Somehow, somewhere along the way, faith stopped being used to bring us together and started being used to drive us apart. It got hijacked," presidential hopeful Obama said. "Part of it's because of the so-called leaders of the Christian Right, who've been all too eager to exploit what divides us."

Obama expressed disapproval at the Right's use of faith that he argues unfairly divides Republicans and Democrats on religious issues.

"At every opportunity, they've told evangelical Christians that Democrats disrespect their values and dislike their Church, while suggesting to the rest of the country that religious Americans care only about issues like abortion and gay marriage; school prayer and intelligent design," he said.

Obama called upon church members and the nation to "rededicate ourselves to a new kind of politics - a politics of conscience," which engages values in government decision-making.

Barack Obama continues on the trail appearing next in Boston.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/06/christian-right.html

Religion : The Audacity Of Stupid!
24th March 2008 04:19 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Frankly? "Imagine" sucks.

24th March 2008 04:32 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Religion : The Audacity Of Stupid!

A piss poor post...even from you
24th March 2008 04:45 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

A piss poor post...even from you

Have you read your post to BJ from last night...
All due respect, which really means I think you're off your rocker and completely disagree with you...
That post was one of the most well written posts to ever be posted, anywhere...EVER! You could use that in a movie, about people who argue cases to the supreme court. You might even get an Oscar, and Joey will get drunk and cry as you pick up the award!
I mean really... REALLY!!!
And all the articles you've posted from right wing, Republican slanted media outlets... DUDE!!! Even Ten Thousand Motels is in awe of that...
You've inspired starbuck to make a drinking game... okay, that actually is really cool...

I'm trying to figure out which story is crazier... The Wizard Of Oz, Noahs Arc, Alice In Wonderland, The Ten Commandments, The Three Little Pigs, The Resurection or Iraqi Pre- War Intel...

24th March 2008 04:57 PM
glencar pdog, whatever you're going on about? IT DON'T MATTER! There's a better candidate who even the DLM won't be able to say is "retarded." Enjoy 8 more years of GOP rule!
24th March 2008 04:59 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Have you read your post to BJ from last night...
All due respect, which really means I think you're off your rocker and completely disagree with you...
That post was one of the most well written posts to ever be posted, anywhere...EVER! You could use that in a movie, about people who argue cases to the supreme court. You might even get an Oscar, and Joey will get drunk and cry as you pick up the award!
I mean really... REALLY!!!
And all the articles you've posted from right wing, Republican slanted media outlets... DUDE!!! Even Ten Thousand Motels is in awe of that...
You've inspired starbuck to make a drinking game... okay, that actually is really cool...

I'm trying to figure out which story is crazier... The Wizard Of Oz, Noahs Arc, Alice In Wonderland, The Ten Commandments, The Three Little Pigs, The Resurection or Iraqi Pre- War Intel...

You're a grown man...who has spent as least as many years on this earth as I have...I shouldn't have to point out to you that it ain't cool to constantly refer to religion in general as "stupid" or "bullshit"...or imply in any way that those that have one are the same...if you got a bone to pick with a particular religion that you actually know something about, by all means....make a case...if anyone is interested...but I'm not sure you know very much about one religion much less all of them...All I'm doing is pointing out to you that I'm hearing something I don't think even you believe...or certainly something you're not even close to qualified enough to say

24th March 2008 05:00 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
pdog, whatever you're going on about? IT DON'T MATTER! There's a better candidate who even the DLM won't be able to say is "retarded." Enjoy 8 more years of GOP rule!

Are you saying you've enjoyed Bush... And why do you think I'm voting for a Dem?
24th March 2008 05:04 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Are you saying you've enjoyed Bush... And why do you think I'm voting for a Dem?

I'm still waiting for Jesse Ventura to join the race...

Ventura / Flair

Whooooooooooo!
24th March 2008 05:13 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

I enjoyed Bush up until Katrina. I know that wasn't all his fault but 3 years alter? Hmmm. But I have high hopes that McCain will do what needs to be done. I have no hope in O'Bama whatsoever.
24th March 2008 05:14 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

You're a grown man...who has spent as least as many years on this earth as I have...I shouldn't have to point out to you that it ain't cool to constantly refer to religion in general as "stupid" or "bullshit"...or imply in any way that those that have one are the same...if you got a bone to pick with a particular religion that you actually know something about, by all means....make a case...if anyone is interested...but I'm not sure you know very much about one religion much less all of them...All I'm doing is pointing out to you that I'm hearing something I don't think even you believe...or certainly something you're not even close to qualified enough to say

You're so condescending, and you accuse Brainbell of acting this way all the time. You actually think b/c you're smarter, you're right. IMO, it's the opposite, and it's insane that religion has this much influence on politics, let alone, laws, science, education...
By definiton, faith is beleiving in something, despite all evidence to the contrary. My problem isn't with that. My problem is with leaders of this religions who are power hungry. Isn't that the same thing you dislike about Wright? The only difference I see is, I'm not one sided or piece mealing my view of this. Oh, but I'm not qualified, whatever... I think being alive 40 years and having my human experience qualifies me, and i don't give a fuck who thinks I don't.
I tell you why you're not qualified to actually participate in this debate. B/c you're 100% convinced you're right, and 100% convinced everyone else is wrong. you're so absolut, that you've argued about things in the past that have been proven now, to have been wrong. Instead of admitting any chance of you having been wrong, you come back with insults, and put downs, and these vaque comments, that only you know about or someone as smart as you could only understand.
You're not smarter, you're not right. We're all just having an expression, in free form. giving experience and our views. Stop acting like those you claim to be against.
Calling me stupid, in your holier than thou way, is not even making a case for why you think my views on religion may be wrong. In fact, you keep letting me know, I'm right, since you have no real response, just a put down, and a vagueness about larger issues, only you understand.

[Edited by pdog]
24th March 2008 05:17 PM
glencar I'm not gonna call you stupid & I'm also not commenting further on this part of the debate but to constantly demean religion is childish & you usually do better than that. It's like watching Bill Maher & then he goes into one of those anti-religion rants. He loses me. Boring & pointless. You can do better.
24th March 2008 05:34 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm not gonna call you stupid & I'm also not commenting further on this part of the debate but to constantly demean religion is childish & you usually do better than that. It's like watching Bill Maher & then he goes into one of those anti-religion rants. He loses me. Boring & pointless. You can do better.

i haven't said anything regarding religion, that hasn't been said or brought up anyone or any religion. Nothing I've said is any different. I might be a minority opinion, but my view is only different, my expression of it has not been.
You gonna tell me that any anti-war or eco-beliefs haven't been slammed in my face and demeaned repeateldly. I'm supposed to accept that, in the face of thousands of years of religous persecuation on this palnet, even before christianity. Fuck that...
Seriously. My religion is punk rock, my race is punk rock, my idealogy is punk rock... When punk rockers fuck up your good time, tell you what to do and how to do it, then we can talk. I've been made fun of my entire life. I've been told recently, that my beleif that humans are killing this planet, is a crack pot religion, by Fiji. Oh, but i can't say anything about religions, who've been jamming shit down peoples thoats... Jesus would even tell you you're wrong. This whole hate the sin, but love the sinner bullshit is a lie. Because Jesus, didn't live like that. If religous people, lived the way they preached, than we wouldn't even be having this debate, would we?
24th March 2008 05:46 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

You're so condescending, and you accuse Brainbell of acting this way all the time. You actually think b/c you're smarter, you're right.

Condescending?...No...Really, why I took that tone?...It was either that, or after 3 days of reading you bashing religions that you know absolutely nothing about, and don't want to know anything about, just so you could have something to say, and making arguments that come from nowhere other than your ass, just tell you to "go fuck yourself"...I was trying to be diplomatic...which is far from my strongpoint...now that that's cleared up...Go fuck yourself!

24th March 2008 05:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
24th March 2008 05:55 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

You're the one who said "religion of hate". Your words, used many times. In that context, I have said religion in politics in itself is retarded.
And, you have also ,said and used horrible names, to describe things and people, that I beleive in. Why is relgion taboo.
sorry people, if you're offended by my beleifs on your religion, then you can pray for me or just accept that it is your problme, because i am comfortable in how i feel. And I've also said, tons of good things regarding people of faith while we've debated this... Once again, proving that this entire argument about Wright, religon and politic is selective for those who want to blast Obama. Have at it, I don't have a dog in the race with Obama or Clinton.
If it makes you feel good, praying to a christian god, have at it.
You can laff at my beliefs, i do.. shit my god is fucking weird, but it works in my life!
24th March 2008 05:59 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Condescending?...No...Really, why I took that tone?...It was either that, or after 3 days of reading you bashing religions that you know absolutely nothing about, and don't want to know anything about, just so you could have something to say, and making arguments that come from nowhere other than your ass, just tell you to "go fuck yourself"...I was trying to be diplomatic...which is far from my strongpoint...now that that's cleared up...Go fuck yourself!

You know it all, including what I know... Damn, you've been getting meaner and meaner towrds me. You gonna tell me not to cry again.
24th March 2008 06:00 PM
Jesus of Nazareth
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

That is me my children.
24th March 2008 06:07 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
pdog wrote:

Seriously. My religion is punk rock, my race is punk rock, my idealogy is punk rock... When punk rockers fuck up your good time, tell you what to do and how to do it, then we can talk.

pdog?

24th March 2008 06:17 PM
pdog
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

pdog?

I brough that whe I was 13...

It's okay for Republicans to say Obama belongs to a religion of hate.
It is okay for democrats to say the religous right is racist.
It is not okay for me to say, i think all religions are stupid.

Hahahaha... I wonder what Jesus would say, or, who he would bomb?
24th March 2008 06:17 PM
Fiji Joe [quote]pdog wrote:

"You're the one who said "religion of hate". Your words, used many times."

Right...and I wasn't telling you that it's wrong to criticize a religion...and I'm not telling you that now...If you got a bone to pick with a religion, and actually think you know what it's about, and believe is whack, by all means, have at it...I might even agree with you...I'm no stranger to criticizing certain religions when I think they teach messages of hate...I've done that here...but I've never condemned them all...that makes no sense to me...It's not even something I can honestly do without knowing what they're about...or unless I was an athiest

"In that context, I have said religion in politics in itself is retarded."

If that's what you meant, then I apologize...That's a fair statement...And whether I agree with you or not, I wouldn't tell you were wrong for believing it

"And, you have also ,said and used horrible names, to describe things and people, that I beleive in. Why is relgion taboo."

It's not taboo...for the reasons I stated above...even if you don't know what you're talking about, I can't stop you from saying it...but you shouldn't be surprised by my reaction if you keep on saying it...There are so many religions out there...with so many different beliefs and values...and the majority teach good messages and virtuous by any rational standard...so a blanket statement that "religion is bullshit" pisses me off...because I know them, and most of the people that have one, not to be bullshit...I think I may have misunderstood you on this...If your point is that religion is bullshit as it relates to politics, again, fire away...I agree with that statement for the most part

"sorry people, if you're offended by my beleifs on your religion, then you can pray for me or just accept that it is your problme, because i am comfortable in how i feel. And I've also said, tons of good things regarding people of faith while we've debated this... Once again, proving that this entire argument about Wright, religon and politic is selective for those who want to blast Obama."

Not being condescending here, but I disagree with you and don't think you've proven anything other than you're fired up about it...It's hardly "selective"...Obama doesn't think religion is bullshit and neither do I...so I talk about it

"If it makes you feel good, praying to a christian god, have at it.
You can laff at my beliefs, i do.. shit my god is fucking weird, but it works in my life!"

Good...and whatever your God is I want call him/her/it bullshit or stupid...at least until I have some idea what I'm talking about
24th March 2008 06:21 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

My religion is punk rock, my race is punk rock, my idealogy is punk rock...

Punk rock is bullshit...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)