ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Dave Hogan with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Obama's Speech-a fraud (NS) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
26th March 2008 02:30 PM
glencar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Well...considering that white people will be a minority in America in 2050, at current immigration rates, I think by that time, even by kooky white guilt liberal standards, that "backlash" will be officially "racism"...I'm not all that confident that the new majority will be as retarded and guilt laden as we are...not confident at all

I like how this whole "It's our turn" thing goes unchallenged by young white kids. Sadly, the only racism that they see is what's written in history books. This Rev. Wright guy makes no sense to them but it'd be nice if they realized what he was actually saying & WHO sat there & sucked it in.
26th March 2008 02:33 PM
glencar
quote:
the good wrote:

He seems to equate Roman with Italian. This guy is a leading liberation theologian? He's a moron.

And just who sat there & sucked up everything that this moron said? Inspiration, my ass.
26th March 2008 02:40 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
the good wrote:

He seems to equate Roman with Italian. This guy is a leading liberation theologian? He's a moron.

The entire religion/movement is moronic...and who just sat there for 20 years nodding and amen-ing?

26th March 2008 02:45 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
The entire religion/movement is moronic...

wasn't pdog shredded for this?
26th March 2008 02:46 PM
the good
quote:
glencar wrote:
And just who sat there & sucked up everything that this moron said? Inspiration, my ass.

Theologians are sharp. How this guy ever passed muster as a theologian is beyond me.

No way Obama found this guy to be enlightening. He used this guy to get street cred. Well he's got it.
26th March 2008 02:46 PM
glencar We're talking about racist black theology. There are plenty of black churches that do a fine job.
26th March 2008 02:47 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

No...pay attention...it's the least you can do if you feel compelled to pipe up
26th March 2008 02:47 PM
the good
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

The entire religion/movement is moronic...and who just sat there for 20 years nodding and amen-ing?

I agree, but you at least expect a theologian to have a certain level of education.
26th March 2008 02:49 PM
glencar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

LOL
26th March 2008 02:50 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

26th March 2008 02:50 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
the good wrote:

Theologians are sharp. How this guy ever passed muster as a theologian is beyond me.

No way Obama found this guy to be enlightening. He used this guy to get street cred. Well he's got it.

I think that's part of it...and although no "smart" politician would ever even allude to their racist beliefs, it's clear to me that at least some of the church's teaching sunk in with Obama...it's evident from his books and his rhetoric....particularly the marxist aspect of the religion
26th March 2008 03:08 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
the good wrote:

I agree, but you at least expect a theologian to have a certain level of education.

He has a certain level of education...all the credentials a certain poster could ask for...He's just been educated in hate and racism...and probably, as you're asserting, is still a dumbass

Not to mention...bidness is bidness...Don't underestimate how much of his hateful message is geared towards making money...just as you shouldn't underestimate how much Obama's membership in that church was geared towards his own personal benefit
26th March 2008 03:12 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
particularly the marxist aspect of the religion

Yes we all know Jesus was a free market, capitalist!
26th March 2008 03:23 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Yes we all know Jesus was a free market, capitalist!

Jesus was a jew...nuff said
26th March 2008 03:39 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I actually love Austin...well I did...Haven't been there in a while...You might want to know what it will look like in 20 years, however...Which, IMO, will be quite different than what you see today...If 20 years out concerns you about Austin, I might suggest you travel to Houston...which will give you a good idea about what Austin will be in 20 years

houston is so dirty... Well, if I'm in austin, you might come visit me, right? 20 years out... Everything changes. and it never is always how I want it...

26th March 2008 03:44 PM
pdog
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

I'm in tatters.. .huh.. shidoobee, I been shit on and shat on...

26th March 2008 03:47 PM
Starbuck
26th March 2008 03:47 PM
Some Guy what a drag it is dudes are old.
26th March 2008 03:58 PM
glencar
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

Don't you have some inane sci fi comp to watch?
26th March 2008 04:04 PM
Fiji Joe It turns out that the CEO of one of the contractors who breached Obama's passport info is an adviser for Obama's campaign....Is he still "demanding" an investigation?...I think Hillary and Mccain should be...as there info was breached by the same people

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/03/25/obama-connection-to-passport-breach/

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
26th March 2008 04:56 PM
Joey " It turns out that the CEO of one of the contractors who breached Obama's passport info is an adviser for Obama's campaign....Is he still "demanding" an investigation?...I think Hillary and Mccain should be ....... "

26th March 2008 05:06 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:
" It turns out that the CEO of one of the contractors who breached Obama's passport info is an adviser for Obama's campaign....Is he still "demanding" an investigation?...I think Hillary and Mccain should be ....... "

Oh look...it's one of those great liberal thinkers that BJ was talking about

26th March 2008 05:17 PM
Some Guy check it sniff-
26th March 2008 05:25 PM
Joey " Oh look...it's one of those great liberal thinkers that BJ was talking about "

*** SIGH !!! ***

26th March 2008 06:33 PM
pdog every joey post is a fraud.
26th March 2008 06:34 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
every joey post is a fraud.

Poi Diddy Dog ...

A ' beard ' is a spouse that is designed to hide the gayness ......... the gayness ......... ( fade to white ... like a friggin angel )

Jazzy Cakes ! ü
26th March 2008 06:42 PM
sirmoonie Everyone, please post some of your greatest and most interesting athletic achievements. If you have any. We are particularly interested in those that involved competition against negroes. Again, if you have any.

Thanks in advance.
26th March 2008 07:06 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Everyone, please post some of your greatest and most interesting athletic achievements. If you have any. We are particularly interested in those that involved competition against negroes. Again, if you have any.

Thanks in advance.

I had one today. Me and my son were over at a park near Eddy and Laguna streets. There's was a few white and black dudes in their 30's and 40's shooting hoops, a few kids in the platground. Me and my son were throwing the ball back and forth, getting ready for liitle league. All of the sudden, the church on the corner, all hell breaks lose. Screaming and yelling, then an undercover cop car is going all over the place. Then, a black dude with a gn comes out of the church, that is having a funeral. I grab my kid and run like you never saw a white boy run. No shots were fired, a million cops showed up, dude got away, and we bailed soon after...
I'm so over this fucking city...
26th March 2008 07:22 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

I had one today. Me and my son were over at a park near Eddy and Laguna streets. There's was a few white and black dudes in their 30's and 40's shooting hoops, a few kids in the platground. Me and my son were throwing the ball back and forth, getting ready for liitle league. All of the sudden, the church on the corner, all hell breaks lose. Screaming and yelling, then an undercover cop car is going all over the place. Then, a black dude with a gn comes out of the church, that is having a funeral. I grab my kid and run like you never saw a white boy run. No shots were fired, a million cops showed up, dude got away, and we bailed soon after...
I'm so over this fucking city...

Wedding behavior at a funeral....you're lucky to be alive...In Austin there is a bridge where millions of bats will congregate in the summer...and tons of people come to see them fly from underneath the bridge at dusk...I visited my brother, who lived there, one summer...and one night we got all liquored up and thought it would be a good idea to go down there with tennis rackets and butterfly nets...not to do any actual damage, but just to see the people's reaction...no one said anything about it being a bad idea or displayed any sing of disgust...we did, however, have three different people tell us that the best way to go about our business was with a BB pistol...God bless Texas

26th March 2008 07:34 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Wedding behavior at a funeral....you're lucky to be alive...In Austin there is a bridge where millions of bats will congregate in the summer...and tons of people come to see them fly from underneath the bridge at dusk...I visited my brother, who lived there, one summer...and one night we got all liquored up and thought it would be a good idea to go down there with tennis rackets and butterfly nets...not to do any actual damage, but just to see the people's reaction...no one said anything about it being a bad idea or displayed any sing of disgust...we did, however, have three different people tell us that the best way to go about our business was with a BB pistol...God bless Texas

I've heard of this bridge... Do you know our monthly expense here, exceed over $5k. That's fucking insane. There's only a few that will remain, like our VW payment, everything else, will be less, from ins. a mortgage for rent, groceries, gas, Montesori school for the baby.... on and on. I'm not expecting some fantasy world, but the stress is killing me here. I'm gonna miss my bros here. but since they all tour in bands, i'll see them once in a while.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)