ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Dave Hogan with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Obama's Speech-a fraud (NS) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
26th March 2008 09:46 PM
Fiji Joe The new messiah

26th March 2008 09:46 PM
pdog don't go there girlfriend...

Photobucket
26th March 2008 09:48 PM
parmeda feej - that was a bit much.

We just rolled off of Easter.

....please.
26th March 2008 09:48 PM
pdog Hey.. .did you see a si... oh nevermind!

dead nigger storage
26th March 2008 09:49 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:
An oldie, but a goldie!!!

Photobucket

Yeah..well...he's all grown up now

26th March 2008 09:53 PM
pdog The Dead Kenny G's is a fucking great name for a band, they might suck, I don't know....
26th March 2008 09:59 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:
The Dead Kenny G's is a fucking great name for a band, they might suck, I don't know....

26th March 2008 10:42 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Yeah..well...he's all grown up now

Why doncha Photo Shop a Willie Horton with Rev. Wright's face while yer at it?
26th March 2008 10:48 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
The new messiah

Yessiree, it's a Communist plot.
26th March 2008 10:54 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Yessiree, it's a Communist plot.

26th March 2008 11:03 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Why doncha Photo Shop a Willie Horton with Rev. Wright's face while yer at it?

26th March 2008 11:08 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Everyone, please post some of your greatest and most interesting athletic achievements. If you have any. We are particularly interested in those that involved competition against negroes. Again, if you have any.

Thanks in advance.

Moonie .............................

My lugubrious nature belies a sensate notion of ....... WAIT !!!! :

******** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION !!! *********

Phewy ! ™
26th March 2008 11:13 PM
pdog Joey, an underwater blowjob is gay snorkeling, no?
26th March 2008 11:22 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Why doncha Photo Shop a Willie Horton with Rev. Magoo Wright's face while yer at it?

Have you read Dreams of My Father? I'm going to, but the library is predictably out of copies, and I'm just curious what its about. His race baiting seems all the more bogus to me, the more I find out about his life. He went to Punahou Prep for piss sake, scoring with the waheenies, then Ivy league, churning the file at Sidley & Austin. Frankly, I think its his psycho wife and that goddamn pastor that have got him all bolloxed up and stuff.
26th March 2008 11:42 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Have you read Dreams of My Father? I'm going to, but the library is predictably out of copies, and I'm just curious what its about. His race baiting seems all the more bogus to me, the more I find out about his life. He went to Punahou Prep for piss sake, scoring with the waheenies, then Ivy league, churning the file at Sidley & Austin. Frankly, I think its his psycho wife and that goddamn pastor that have got him all bolloxed up and stuff.

The only thing in this world that gives orders... is balls.
26th March 2008 11:44 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

In Austin there is a bridge where millions of bats will congregate in the summer...and tons of people come to see them fly from underneath the bridge at dusk...I visited my brother, who lived there, one summer...and one night we got all liquored up and thought it would be a good idea to go down there with tennis rackets and butterfly nets...not to do any actual damage, but just to see the people's reaction...no one said anything about it being a bad idea or displayed any sing of disgust...we did, however, have three different people tell us that the best way to go about our business was with a BB pistol...God bless Texas

Ha, Austin's bat country, your talking about congress bridge down on town lake

scope it, last fall I'm pruning trees around my house with one of those chainsaw-on-a stick deals and I notice a furry, deer foot lookin thing on laying by some tree limbs, so I poked at it to see what it was and it just exploded into these four little bats and they start hopping around, wings outstretched, screeching at me an shit, it kinda freaked me out, I'm thinking are they going to fly, attack me, rabies WTF, so I decided to take the offensive and I sawed the shit out of those bats, sawed them to holy-bat pieces batman, it was a bat massacre hehe
26th March 2008 11:57 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:

The only thing in this world that gives orders... is balls.

You raise some interesting points there. However, to obtain the Presidential Physical Fitness Award in the late 1970s and early 1980s, one had to be in the 85th percentile in the following events: pull ups, sit ups (V ups), shuttle run, mile run, and something else. My anecdotal experience was that a significantly disproportionate number of black youth obtained the reward, compared to whitey. Some of that may be attributable to relatively earlier onset of puberty in black youth. Some of it may have to do with the downside of white privilege. Shades of George Walker Bush III at Andover. There are other reasons as well.

My mom sewed my Pres patch to the arm of my dark navy barracuda jacket. I didn't want it there, but I didn't have the heart to tell her, since she actually did something.
27th March 2008 09:26 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

Ha, Austin's bat country, your talking about congress bridge down on town lake

scope it, last fall I'm pruning trees around my house with one of those chainsaw-on-a stick deals and I notice a furry, deer foot lookin thing on laying by some tree limbs, so I poked at it to see what it was and it just exploded into these four little bats and they start hopping around, wings outstretched, screeching at me an shit, it kinda freaked me out, I'm thinking are they going to fly, attack me, rabies WTF, so I decided to take the offensive and I sawed the shit out of those bats, sawed them to holy-bat pieces batman, it was a bat massacre hehe

We need you on that wall...
27th March 2008 10:36 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

...and one night we got all liquored up and thought it would be a good idea to go down there with tennis rackets and butterfly nets...not to do any actual damage, but just to see the people's reaction...

Seems like tennis rackets are best deployed in a one man-one bat confrontation. I socked it to one in the rec room in Iowa while many of my cousins were scurrying about in blind panic. It was an "Ace", right in the sweet spot, and it sent his ass across the room and he hit the wall. Killt it dead - I think my intention was to stun and release, but man are they fragile, and there was no time to think in a room full of panicking teenage Ioweegians. Afterwards I felt bad, though. Is that white guilt? Man guilt?

Pdog, you ever see the name Walter Daniels playing any of the clubs around Austin, check his ass out. Greatest, craziest harmonica player I have ever seen - punk blues delta country heavily distorted wildness.

27th March 2008 11:07 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

We need you on that wall...

Ha

I dunno if I have the heart for that kinda stuff anymore, felt kinda bad after wackin the bats, must be old age creepin in...

[Edited by Bloozehound]
27th March 2008 11:18 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

Ha

I dunno if I have the heart for that kinda stuff anymore, felt kinda bad after wackin the bats, must be old age creepin in...

[Edited by Bloozehound]

It's "wack" or get "wacked"...Old people tend to forget this...that's why old people die at ten times the rate young people do
27th March 2008 11:42 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

It's "wack" or get "wacked"...Old people tend to forget this...that's why old people die at ten times the rate young people do

those old timers are good for nuthin but gettin old, they deserve to get "wacked"
27th March 2008 12:02 PM
Joey " .... they deserve to get "wacked" "

Huh ?!

27th March 2008 12:03 PM
Joey " The only thing in this world that gives orders... is balls. "

27th March 2008 12:20 PM
Some Guy
27th March 2008 01:00 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

joey is a wonderful writer

Thanks Some Guy .... However , I could SURE use some fresh material .

Er , can you hook me up ?!

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

J. Fly !
27th March 2008 01:09 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Thanks Some Guy .... However , I could SURE use some fresh material .

Er , can you hook me up ?!

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

J. Fly !

www.joeysfreshmaterial.com

It seems pretty clear to me that Ed was used to someone who could command the stage being up front. Roth was king of that game. It took the pressure of Ed to be out of the limelight, something that clearly stresses him.

Dave quit.

They got Sam, but he's more the supporting player. When he does the gimp run across stage on clips, he looks like a retard. They all look like idiots on the "Van Hagar shuffle."

Sam would be a great back-up singer in a Motown group, but he's no talent to let run free - every impulse he has is stolen and well worn out.

So of course Ed looked nervous, because he knows they are looking like a bunch of fools up there (Would you like to sing about cake products). That's how I would be feeling standing up there with Sam - maybe the guy has big pipes -- but his stage presence is white-man-can't-jump 100%. His lyrics back it up.

I saw Van Halen in Chicago last year, and one thing was clear: the weight was well off Ed to be the focus of the show - he let Dave handle it - maybe that made him rub a little - but it still played out that way.

Roth is the only guy from Van Halen's generation that can stand up next to Ed and really really front their show - not play sideman - front the show and deliver the Mighty Van Halen.

That's why they brought him back.

Its going to take Ed a little while longer to figure it out, but letting Dave manage the shit is what makes him happy.

He can show up and play, write tunes, and go home to relax. Dave leaving in 1984 put too much weight on Ed to become something he isn't (rock star, guiding force, Beatle) and he has to let that go.

All he has to do is what he wants, and let Dave package it.

Van Halen is the result.
-VH Links
[Edited by Some Guy]
27th March 2008 03:55 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Roth is the only guy from Van Halen's generation that can stand up next to Ed and really really front their show - not play sideman - front the show and deliver the Mighty Van Halen.

That's why they brought him back.

Its going to take Ed a little while longer to figure it out, but letting Dave manage the shit is what makes him happy.

He can show up and play, write tunes, and go home to relax. Dave leaving in 1984 put too much weight on Ed to become something he isn't (rock star, guiding force, Beatle) and he has to let that go.

You are much loved by Joey

Joey Roth ! ™
27th March 2008 03:59 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
Joey, an underwater blowjob is gay snorkeling, no?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
27th March 2008 05:25 PM
Starbuck
quote:
You raise some interesting points there. However, to obtain the Presidential Physical Fitness Award in the late 1970s and early 1980s, one had to be in the 85th percentile in the following events: pull ups, sit ups (V ups), shuttle run, mile run, and something else. My anecdotal experience was that a significantly disproportionate number of black youth obtained the reward, compared to whitey. Some of that may be attributable to relatively earlier onset of puberty in black youth. Some of it may have to do with the downside of white privilege. Shades of George Walker Bush III at Andover. There are other reasons as well.

i did two pull ups in the 8th grade for the aforementioned presidential physical fitness test. that was after about two weeks of busting my ass out on the swingset so i wouldn't look like sean bradley in front of the middle school gym class. mrs bullard, who, i believe, was fired for making "advances" toward a student later in her career, congratulated me on doubling my output on all previous pull up attempts since kindergarten. however, i didn't even come close to winning the award.

i did, however, consistently win the presidential "academic" fitness award, which, as my mother told me, was a far greater honor.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)