ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Dave Hogan with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Obama's Speech-a fraud (NS) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
21st March 2008 02:58 PM
glencar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

I just don't see what the end game is for these threads. The MS Media has covered the story, you have spent much time researching and providing examples of Wrights' statements. Any discussion of his political views are thrown out the window. By all accounts you don't agree with any of the potential presidential candidates. What's your stake in keeping this thread at the top of the pile?

In the background I've got CNN on. They're babbling on about issues of little import. Barry O'Bama wants to "take back" this country. I'd like to know what this presumed usurper is REALLY thinking. The Rev. Wright videos are scary evidence. Barry's continued support for the guy is troubling.
21st March 2008 03:07 PM
texile
quote:
glencar wrote:
"arch-conservative"? Like Goldwater? I haven't heard that term for decades.

like that one?
here's one for riffy,
i used to love archie bunker's 'pinko-commie-cronkite' (as in walter)
however, i don't hear zionist often.
21st March 2008 03:12 PM
Riffhard
quote:
texile wrote:

like that one?
here's one for riffy,
i used to love archie bunker's 'pinko-commie-cronkite' (as in walter)
however, i don't hear zionist often.

What Krauthammer argues in that article can not be debated at all. What he says is spot on true! What part of that aritcle plays to this supposed "arch-conservative drumbeat of paranoia and propaganda". For that matter what the hell are you talking about?

Riffy
21st March 2008 03:16 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
In the background I've got CNN on. They're babbling on about issues of little import.

That's why I avoid all TV news as much as possible!
21st March 2008 03:26 PM
glencar I'm curious, Monkey Man - do you think this Rev. wright story is unimportant? O'Bama's taken a tumble in the polls, he had to do a big speech to repair the damage & the good Rev's been emasculated. Clearly, O'Bama's folks thought it mattered. This is different from a supporter of O'Bama's calling Hilary a "monster" in an off-the-record comment.
21st March 2008 03:52 PM
monkey_man In all honesty, I've really tried to tune out the election process this time around. The media creates these faux conflicts that dominate the news. I'm not necessarily putting the Wright thing in the same category but so much of what the media focuses on has nothing to do with what a candidate's policy decisions might be. The manufacturered crisises that the cable news people focus on really do nothing to elevate the discussion but they do sell a lot of ad dollars for the stations.
21st March 2008 03:55 PM
monkey_man This country has some major financial problems at the moment and what someones preacher did or did not say seems really unimportant. What happened at Bear Sterns in the last 10 days should send major shivers down any thinking persons spine.
21st March 2008 03:57 PM
glencar I worry about Bear Stearns/the economy AND Rev. Wright. I have a big heart & a big mind. And I think that even if this topic has died down, it'll come back in the fall.
21st March 2008 04:01 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
This country has some major financial problems at the moment and what someones preacher did or did not say seems really unimportant. What happened at Bear Sterns in the last 10 days should send major shivers down any thinking persons spine.

True... and there's a war and people are dying. You know, I miss terror alerts. Those were good times, planning my daily fear and color cordinating an outfit for it.
Will someone, who understands religion, please explain to me the difference between religous hatred, like that of the Rev. and how christianity is not effected. Because I have no idea what religion he is besides christian. And while you're helping me with that, tell me how it is different from the christians who have pushed for legislation against gay people, and the churches and leaders who have been a part of that. Maybe someone who sees a difference between these two, can expalin it to me, b/c I just see hate! FYI, I know the not all christains harbor this hate, yet, it is safe to say they're affiliated with this hate until they denounce it!!!
I'm all Ears!!! Eyes!!!!
21st March 2008 04:03 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I worry about Bear Stearns/the economy AND Rev. Wright. I have a big heart & a big mind. And I think that even if this topic has died down, it'll come back in the fall.

How does the Rev. make you worried? I too am worried about the economy, and race in America. But for me, the only colors that ever keep mu up at night are pink and green. Pussy and money. Black, brown, white, yellow... don't keep me up at night!!!
21st March 2008 04:07 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

How does the Rev. make you worried? I too am worried about the economy, and race in America. But for me, the only colors that ever keep mu up at night are pink and green. Pussy and money. Black, brown, white, yellow... don't keep me up at night!!!

I think the idea that we have black churches wherein this hate speech is being spewed is an astonishing thing. I don't make church every week but when I ahve, I don't hear any hate speech against gays, blacks or even Chinese.
21st March 2008 04:09 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think the idea that we have black churches wherein this hate speech is being spewed is an astonishing thing. I don't make church every week but when I ahve, I don't hear any hate speech against gays, blacks or even Chinese.

Do you agree or disagree with this statement:

Christian churches in the USA make hateful remarks regarding gays, muslims or mexicans.

You can use all or any one of the groups, if in your answer they don't all apply.
21st March 2008 04:12 PM
monkey_man Photobucket
21st March 2008 04:19 PM
glencar

Barry O'bama's Christian church in the USA made hateful remarks regarding typical white people...

21st March 2008 04:19 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

Christian churches in the USA make hateful remarks regarding gays, muslims or mexicans.

You can use all or any one of the groups, if in your answer they don't all apply.

Not the one I attend...
21st March 2008 04:27 PM
Jumping Jack Obama's granny, typical white woman, Hillary supporter, LOL!

21st March 2008 04:30 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Not the one I attend...

I think you made that point. You still didn't answer the question. I'm not a christian, jesus christ isn't my saviour. It is true that you, and the Rev. Wright are both Christians. For all I know you're of the same denomination, how would I know. All I hear is this thing about religous hatred, aligned with him. Well, what about the churches who are preaching hatred of gays for example. Can you at least see my perspective on how there's many aspects of hatred in christianity? Perfect example, these churches and the leaders have pushed for legislation against gays, that the current president has supported. How is this not religous hatred as well. Explain the difference to me, please. Is gay, black, white or anything else, not the same when it comes to what we're calling hatred speech from a religion? In some ways, it seems really simple, even though, we know it is really complex.

Am I discriminated, as a white. When my kids isn't put in a school two blocks from my house, that has less than 5% white kids? On top of that, we have to drive our kid to school, wasting fuel, polluting the envoirment and costing us alot of money. Ironically, the system set up to make schools in SF, diverse and economically mixed, is why we're in this position. I feel discrimated. and it's white guilt liberals who created this bueacracy. How stupid do I look complaining about it, because i'm white? There's been a part of me who wanted to make a stink. If i was black, yellow or brown, it would be a no-brainer.
21st March 2008 04:31 PM
glencar
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Obama's granny, typical white woman, Hillary supporter, LOL!

I bet she loves this video...

21st March 2008 04:37 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

I think you made that point. You still didn't answer the question. I'm not a christian, jesus christ isn't my saviour. It is true that you, and the Rev. Wright are both Christians. For all I know you're of the same denomination, how would I know. All I hear is this thing about religous hatred, aligned with him. Well, what about the churches who are preaching hatred of gays for example. Can you at least see my perspective on how there's many aspects of hatred in christianity? Perfect example, these churches and the leaders have pushed for legislation against gays, that the current president has supported. How is this not religous hatred as well. Explain the difference to me, please. Is gay, black, white or anything else, not the same when it comes to what we're calling hatred speech from a religion? In some ways, it seems really simple, even though, we know it is really complex.

Am I discriminated, as a white. When my kids isn't put in a school two blocks from my house, that has less than 5% white kids? On top of that, we have to drive our kid to school, wasting fuel, polluting the envoirment and costing us alot of money. Ironically, the system set up to make schools in SF, diverse and economically mixed, is why we're in this position. I feel discrimated. and it's white guilt liberals who created this bueacracy. How stupid do I look complaining about it, because i'm white? There's been a part of me who wanted to make a stink. If i was black, yellow or brown, it would be a no-brainer.

I would contend that churches like O'Bama's aren't truly Christian. Someone had a quote from Rev. Wright's mentor about how the "white God" hurt black people or something equally idiotic. I don't see any reasoning in there whatsoever. As for gays, I think disagreeing about marriage rights for them isn't quite on a par with what that asshole preacher was saying. Reasonable people can disagree reasonably about marriage whites for gays. Most people would say that Rev. Fred Phelps (his people are pictured above in a monkey man post) isn't a real Christian because his message is one of hate. I agree. That doesn't mean that all Christian churches (or even many) engage in hate. Church doesn't equal madrassa.
21st March 2008 04:38 PM
pdog oh gleeny... that is so bad. We need a shot of rock and roll and a puke bucket.
21st March 2008 04:41 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
oh gleeny... that is so bad. We need a shot of rock and roll and a puke bucket.

I think CNN said her campaign is dead today(because of the Bill Richardson endorsement). That video is not going to save it. It's worse than the will.i.am effort for Barry. I shudder at the prospects for a McCain team effort. Unless his daughter Megan strips in it!
21st March 2008 04:46 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I would contend that churches like O'Bama's aren't truly Christian. Someone had a quote from Rev. Wright's mentor about how the "white God" hurt black people or something equally idiotic. I don't see any reasoning in there whatsoever. As for gays, I think disagreeing about marriage rights for them isn't quite on a par with what that asshole preacher was saying. Reasonable people can disagree reasonably about marriage whites for gays. Most people would say that Rev. Fred Phelps (his people are pictured above in a monkey man post) isn't a real Christian because his message is one of hate. I agree. That doesn't mean that all Christian churches (or even many) engage in hate. Church doesn't equal madrassa.

Reagan was in full support of a ban of inter racial couples at Bob Jones Univ. another example of race and religion and sex. Not much different than the gay marriage thing. Reagsn thing went to the supreme court. Bush called for a change to our Constitution.
Once again... I have a friend, who when her lover of 20 plus years became terminally ill, was forced out of the picture by the same family who had rejected her for her sexuality, and literally stole away property and assets, the couple had shared. I see that a direct consequence of religous hatred towards gays, since they are the ones pushing the agenda. I've yet to meet a non religous person who gives a fuck! I got a feeling Rev. Wright hates gay equality as well. At least I find his hatred equally repulsive!
Remeber riffy talking about his niece and work she did in South america with her church, well, we both know many do good, but when they are of the same religion as these haters, someone like me asks questions. Do you need a church to be agood and do great acts of good with others? The answer is no, b/c many charitable groups exist outside of religions. Yet, how many groups against gays exist w/o any religous affiliation? Huh!!!
21st March 2008 04:48 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think CNN said her campaign is dead today(because of the Bill Richardson endorsement). That video is not going to save it. It's worse than the will.i.am effort for Barry. I shudder at the prospects for a McCain team effort. Unless his daughter Megan strips in it!

CNN has been giving Obama back rubs. They could see Obama lighting crosses on fire on white peoples lawns and would describe it as Obama has a Bbq in a white neighborhood!
21st March 2008 04:49 PM
glencar Actually, Rev. Wright is a strong gay rights backer. And I know quite a few agnostics who hate gays, or more accurately, don't want "special rights" for them. I have to go but I'm glad the discussion is civil again. I think 8 more months until the general election means we have to watch how we deal with each other. I got through 8 years of Clinton, you'll get through 8 years of Bush & no matter what, we'll both be happier with whoever wins in November.
21st March 2008 04:50 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

CNN has been giving Obama back rubs. They could see Obama lighting crosses on fire on white peoples lawns and would describe it as Obama has a Bbq in a white neighborhood!

LOL Funny stuff. And MSNBC is even worse. Have a good one!
21st March 2008 05:21 PM
the good The news coverage of Richardson's endorsement is so funny. Every talking head says this is an indication that Obama has survived the Wright controversy. They don't realize its all over but the shouting.
21st March 2008 05:50 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

I just don't see what the end game is for these threads. The MS Media has covered the story, you have spent much time researching and providing examples of Wrights' statements. Any discussion of his political views are thrown out the window. By all accounts you don't agree with any of the potential presidential candidates. What's your stake in keeping this thread at the top of the pile?

You're concerned about end games in political threads now?...Have you raised that protest before?...People are venting...and I'm telling the truth...My stake?...Again, you're questioning stakes now?...I have never seen you complain about this before?...I've seen you start these types of threads...a lot...The one thread I started was the one and only political thread I've started here in over 3 years...I don't have to answer any questions from you about stakes...And apparently, this kind of discussion is still needed..as you seem to think this just about pastor pronouncements...Maybe you don't think that, but that's what you're saying...And as far as agreeing with any of the candidates, do I need to?...I've watched fence sitters bitch on this board for years...It's real simple...you can argue with people in this thread, or you can not read it...I don't think you're really curious as to why people want to talk about this issue...you just don't like what's be said...or the facts...I could be wrong...I've watched the MS media tout Obamarella for more than a year now..disgustingly giving him free passes while lynching Clinton and McCain...and they're still trying to sweep it under the rug...If you can't see why that would cause this kind of thread and my participation, I can't help you...but you questioning my "stake" isn't going to concern me...IMO, that's just you trying another intellectually dishonest trick to hush something you don't wanna know about...stakes and race cards...what you gonna throw out next?...Why don't you try defending Obama...I'd like to see it
21st March 2008 05:59 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:

Barry O'bama's Christian church in the USA made hateful remarks regarding typical white people...

If you want to call it a church...It's a hate industry...by most standards...not alone in that regard, but one would hope that a would-be president would have enough sense not to patronize it for 20 years and give tens of thousands of dollars to it....I've stated before that, for sake of argument, I'll assume Obama doesn't adhere to the core message of Black Liberation Theology...although the known facts make that wholly unbelievable to me...but, even assuming that, other scenarios display shockingly poor judgment and stupidity...or they show a deliberate choice to build his Chicago and Illinois constituency on the backs of, and with the direct help of, known bigots, anti-semites and race baiters
21st March 2008 06:21 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

You're concerned about end games in political threads now?...Have you raised that protest before?...People are venting...and I'm telling the truth...My stake?...Again, you're questioning stakes now?...I have never seen you complain about this before?...I've seen you start these types of threads...a lot...The one thread I started was the one and only political thread I've started here in over 3 years...I don't have to answer any questions from you about stakes...And apparently, this kind of discussion is still needed..as you seem to think this just about pastor pronouncements...Maybe you don't think that, but that's what you're saying...And as far as agreeing with any of the candidates, do I need to?...I've watched fence sitters bitch on this board for years...It's real simple...you can argue with people in this thread, or you can not read it...I don't think you're really curious as to why people want to talk about this issue...you just don't like what's be said...or the facts...I could be wrong...I've watched the MS media tout Obamarella for more than a year now..disgustingly giving him free passes while lynching Clinton and McCain...and they're still trying to sweep it under the rug...If you can't see why that would cause this kind of thread and my participation, I can't help you...but you questioning my "stake" isn't going to concern me...IMO, that's just you trying another intellectually dishonest trick to hush something you don't wanna know about...stakes and race cards...what you gonna throw out next?...Why don't you try defending Obama...I'd like to see it

My questioning your stake in this thread is that it seems to have struck something deep in you. 129 out of 500 posts seems a little personal. I'm not above starting/ participating in political threads but I don't think I have ever flogged something that is so well documented and covered in the MSM. My rants tend to be regarding stories that AREN'T being covered by the media. As far as defending Obama, well the strongest argument you'll get from me is that he is the least vile of the three remaining choices we have. That isn't saying much. McCain is batshit crazy and Clinton is a sickeningly political opportunist. I'd say the biggest story there is about Obama is his lack of any real experience to run the free world. Flog that story! The current and past Presidents have allied themselves with religious leaders with some sickening hate speech. I've never seen a thread maxed out on any of them.
21st March 2008 06:36 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

My questioning your stake in this thread is that it seems to have struck something deep in you. 129 out of 500 posts seems a little personal.

LOL...It was my thread..I felt obligated to carry it...Not to mention, the more I read on this "religion", the more disgusting Obama and his side-stepping have become to me

I'll tell you what seems a "little personal"...you taking God knows how much time counting the number of posts I made in that thread...that seems a little personal to me

I'm hardly the only one posting the position I've taken...Why not question someone else's end game?...Or, quit questioning mine and try and answer the questions I have raised...Borrow my answers if you have to
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)