ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
You rule Chief!!
KeyArena, Seattle, Washington - October 30, 2005
© 2005 Chief Moon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rocks Off Rolling Stones Bit Torrent Thread (Part 3) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
October 26th, 2005 09:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
interzone wrote:

Funny you should mention that. After realizing that my external hard drives were filled with numerous dead torrents that duplicated the same studio outtakes, but in varying quality. And wanting to delete only the poorest quality versions (I had 7-8 copies of many of the Exile outtakes, for example), I began to make folders based on the year and studio location, based on Nico's Complete Works database. Then the work began, since it is often hard to tell what is "Slave I," "Slave II," or "Slave III." Where Nico has indicated a defining characteristic, it's been easy, but so many of the tracks could be one of several versions. Will your project attempt to shed some light on which versions were started or worked on at which studio session?

yeah. Thats basically it. I'll try and differentiate between each recording and associate it with a version thats on a certain bootleg. Nico's page is a main reference of info but it doesnt state which version is which in terms of providing a sample bootleg title as a reference point

To give an abridged example, using "Slave"

#1 - RSM, Rotterdam Jan/Feb. 1975.
Bootleg : "From Rags To Excess".
Notes : Instrumental, with more prominent keyboards (8:30)

#2 - RSM, Rotterdam Jan/Feb 1975
Bootleg : "Tattoo Too"
Notes : Instrumental (7:00)

#3 - Pathe-Marconi, Paris, Oct-Nov. 1980
Bootleg : "Tattoo Too"
Notes : First vocal version. No sax, but guitar solos instead. Longest available version (9:40)

#4 - Atlantic Studios, New York, April-June 1981
Bootleg : "All Mixed Up"
Notes : Long version (8:38) with different sax and different, earlier lyrics to released take.

(theres also a 8:17 version on "Tattoo Too" which sounds to me like it could be the same take as #4. Still checkin' that out. I suspect it could be the same take as Nico has only listed four known outtakes of this song, not five)

quote:
Also, I too own an early Nico book, and discovered his site when I went looking for a more up-to-date one. I was more than a little surpised that he seems to have made the entire contents of what would be a $75-$100 purchase available for free. Or do the books contain info not found on the site?

dont know. Its his 'pre internet' work I own too...! I wouldnt imagine he would call a site "The Complete Works" and then omit information knowingly. Plus the website gets updated regularly, so its the better source of info.
October 27th, 2005 12:17 AM
interzone
quote:
the worst kinda guy wrote:
can some one provide info on the Alive and Dressed to kill torrent on the tracker.
thanks

I am not th seeder, but I have this info file from a Dimeadozen seed from months ago. Not sure if this is an exact fit to the one on the Rocks Off tracker, though:

Rolling Stones
Alive and Dressed To Kill - Pignose Records PGN 032
New York - Madison Square Garden
January 16 2003

soundboard reacording
complete concert

tracklist (as per artwork)

disc 1
1-intro
2-street fighting man
3-start me up
4-if you can't rock me
5-don't stop
6-monkey man
7-angie
8-let it bleed
9-live with me
10-midnight rambler
11-tumbling dice
12-band intro
13-slipping away

disc 2
1-before they make me run
2-gimme shelter
3-you got me rocking
4-can't you hear me knocking
5-honky tonk women
6-satisfaction
7-bridge intro
8-it's only rock ' roll
9-when the whip comes down
10-brown sugar
11-sympathy for the devil
jumping jack flash
October 27th, 2005 02:04 AM
interzone
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
Not sure what the problem is with the Louisville 11-03-81 show i seeded but i will post a "FIX" shortly.......cabledogg2

I, too, can't get the three tracks (D1 T8 & 15 and D2 T5) from the 11-03-81 torrent to decode. I can play them as flac files, but get errors when trying to decode those three tracks to an aiff or wav file. When you get a chance can you try posting those three tracks again?

Thanks for the show, regardless.
October 27th, 2005 05:59 AM
cabledogg2 Interzone , I have posted a "FIX" torrent on the tracker.........cabledogg2
October 27th, 2005 04:42 PM
interzone I hate to bring up the Fenway DVD confusion again, but I cannot access part 2 of this thread, where the bulk of the original converstion took place.

So, answer me this:

The tracker currently list these 4 torrents

1) Fenway 1 Disc 2 FIXED!!! 4.36 GB
2) Fenway 1 Disc 2.ISO 4.10 GB
3) Fenway 1 Disc One.ISO 3.87 GB
4) Fenway 2 Disc 1 DVD.ISO 4.05 GB

It is my understanding, from memory, that Torrents 3 and 1 are disc 1 and 2 of the August 21 show. And that leaves torrents 4 and 2 as part 1 and 2 of the August 23 show. Am I correct?

Lastly, is there any info on which show had better audio quality, and which one provided the best viewing experience? Or were they both about equal?

Thanks in advance to any who can assist.
[Edited by interzone]
October 27th, 2005 07:37 PM
giarc Hey Guys,
I downloaded the Buenos Aires 1995 set, disc two is fine but disc 1 seems out of sync. I went and re-downloaded it (thought maybe my original got corrupt) and still the same issue. Has anyone else had this issue? If so could the original seeder check their copy? You can notice the sync problem very well around Midnight Rambler.

Any info let me know,
[email protected]
October 27th, 2005 09:12 PM
Gazza
quote:
interzone wrote:
The tracker currently list these 4 torrents

1) Fenway 1 Disc 2 FIXED!!! 4.36 GB
2) Fenway 1 Disc 2.ISO 4.10 GB
3) Fenway 1 Disc One.ISO 3.87 GB
4) Fenway 2 Disc 1 DVD.ISO 4.05 GB

It is my understanding, from memory, that Torrents 3 and 1 are disc 1 and 2 of the August 21 show. And that leaves torrents 4 and 2 as part 1 and 2 of the August 23 show. Am I correct?

Lastly, is there any info on which show had better audio quality, and which one provided the best viewing experience? Or were they both about equal?

You're correct in your description of each torrent. the original problem was that there was a fault with disc 2 of the first Fenway show, so disc 2 of the 2nd show was uploaded instead, but the title wasnt amended to indicate that it came from the 2nd show

The recently uploaded "FIXED" torrent is part 2 of the 1st show.

The two shows are pretty much equal in terms of quality. Both are worth getting and pretty well filmed
October 28th, 2005 01:58 AM
Pauli
quote:
giarc wrote:
Hey Guys,
I downloaded the Buenos Aires 1995 set, disc two is fine but disc 1 seems out of sync. I went and re-downloaded it (thought maybe my original got corrupt) and still the same issue. Has anyone else had this issue? If so could the original seeder check their copy? You can notice the sync problem very well around Midnight Rambler.

Any info let me know,
[email protected]

I haven't downloaded this version myself because I alreday have it. My copy is RSVP version and can't spot any synch problems during the MR.

What version is in RO tracker?
[Edited by Pauli]
October 28th, 2005 06:01 AM
giarc
quote:
Pauli wrote:

I haven't downloaded this version myself because I alreday have it. My copy is RSVP version and can't spot any synch problems during the MR.

What version is in RO tracker?
[Edited by Pauli]

Just a General copy. isn't the RSVP version. It has some visa Commercial added as a bonus feature but that is the only noticable identifier.

do you think you could post the rsvp version when you get a chance?
October 28th, 2005 07:23 AM
silkcut1978 as there's a new torrent on the tracker with the clever name "VIDEO_TS" I would like to ask what it's about ?

THANKS!
October 28th, 2005 07:47 AM
Gazza Noticed that myself and was gonna bring it up, but the info is in the 'notes' part of the torrent (I cant access the tracker from work, so cant recall what it was - but its there!)

PLEASE folks, when you're seeding a torrent, give it a title that gives an adequate indication of its contents
October 28th, 2005 12:57 PM
charlotte From the file:

"VIDEO_TS"

Rolling Stones-2003 November 7 Hong Kong Harbour Fest
October 28th, 2005 07:35 PM
MRD8 While I'm waiting for the 10-10 Philly and 10-17 Miami DVD's to arrive I've decided to torrent one of my favorite Stones DVD's...Jointrips amazing quality version of Stripped! I hope you enjoy it...here's the tracklist:
Wild Horses
Like A Rolling Stone
Angie
Dead Flowers
Live With Me
The Spider And The Fly
Shine A Light
Sweet Virginia
Rip This Joint
Gimme Shelter
Love In Vain
Street Fighting Man
Let It Bleed
October 28th, 2005 07:42 PM
charlotte Thanks MRD8...

OK, who is uploading Video_TS??? one is 2.06GB and the other is 3.80GB...I am sure they are vol 1 and 2 but please id properly the torrent...Thanks!!!
October 28th, 2005 07:51 PM
charlotte From Drake!!!!

Rolling Stones-Nashville 2002-Drake

On Monday Nov. 25, 2002 the Rolling Stones performed at the Gaylord Entertainment Center in Nashville, TN. The place holds around 18,000 people, which compared to most venues where they play (60,000+ stadiums) it was very intimate. I sat directly under the main PA stacks, row 1, seat 1. The view was great, the sound was great and the performance was killer, not to mention the song selection.

There were alot of recordings from the Licks tour but most of them were complete garbage. I acquired a recording of this show from another taper and while it was very listenable it sounded over-compressed, muffled, and the highs and lows were dramatically chopped. The main reason for this is every taper out there has the mindset that they should use cardiod mics and a bass rolloff when they record. This is a pisspoor decision on recording gear. Cardiods chop off both ends of the sound frequency (due to the fact that they're very directional and created solely for taping when you're far away from the speakers). IMHO, if you're not close to the speakers its not worth your effort to tape a show. No one wants to hear a shitty recording from far away. Second mistake, the rolloff adapter. Sure, the bass might kick a bit more than you want but dammit thats how it sounded at the show. If you want to mix it down afterwards and get rid of the bass, fine, but why ruin a good recording with a bassrolloff switcher.

I dont claim to be the uberbootleger, but I do know a thing or two about good recording techniques. For starters this was recorded on a killer Sharp MD recorder on SP. Why people use LP2 or LP4 is beyond me. Secondly, I use stealth binaural mics. Most people love cardiods because they're directional but personally I hate them. Binauarals capture the full sound frequency range, have lower distortion and the capsules do not cause any compression. Put on some good headphones and you'll hear EXACTLY what I heard at the show.

The only drawback to this recording is the fact that I sat in seat 1 row 1, which means I was right infront of several security guards. (occasionally you'll hear one of the guards talk to us about taking pictures - he wanted doubles of our disposable camera... i sent him a copy of this along with it. ) This prevented me from switching discs while in my seat. I went to the restroom during The Worst (Keith's set) and switched discs. Unfortunately the line in the restroom made me miss Happy as well. So two songs are missing from it, but if you really want those I'm sure you can find the other recording.

The sound for the first few songs is a bit overblown but that is entirely the PA system. Someone working on stage goofed on the first song and while the intro usually goes on for several minutes somehow someone sent the band on early. Keith started playing the opening riffs to Street Fighting Man in the middle of the intro and the whole band followed. You can hear the amps on stage right before the PA kicks in full gear. Obviously the sound techs were scrambling to get everything going when the band suddenly came on. The PA was amazingly loud. It knocked everyone off their feet. Thankfully the techs balanced it out a bit and by the time they played Monkey Man the mix was finished. I love a loud concert but this was unreal.

I never released this disc. It is FAR superior to the source that has been traded over the past 3 years, not to mention the asskicking it gives to most every other Licks show currently circulating in trader circles. A few of my friends have heard it, one guy has a copy of it and I think its about time everyone on here had the opportunity to enjoy it. Can't You Hear Me Knocking by itself is worth the download.

Please, if you share this, do not rip it to mp3.
For the love of all things glorious, keep it in wav.

--Intro--
Street Fighting Man
Start Me Up
If You Can't Rock Me
Don't Stop
Monkey Man
Gimme Shelter
Sweet Virginia
Loving Cup
Rocks Off
Tumblin' Dice
--Band Introductions--
The Worst (partially recorded)
Happy (missing due to disc switch)
Sympathy for the Devil
You Got Me Rockin
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Honky Tonk Women
Satisfaction
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (B-stage)
Little Red Rooster (B-stage)
Brown Sugar (B-stage)
Jumping Jack Flash (encore)

Play it loud.
[email protected]

Thanks drake for putting this torrent on the RO Tracker!!!!
October 28th, 2005 08:36 PM
campino001 Hy

I need shows from 2005
Have anyone Information or can say when the Show online
Excist a record of this shows

2005-09-03 Moncton
2005-09-06 St' Paul
2005-09-15 East Rutherford (I have the DVD) Search Audio
2005-09-26 Toronto
2005-10-01 Hershey
2005-10-10 Phili (DVD)
2005-10-12 Phili (DVD)
2005-10-15 Atlanta
2005-10-17 Miami (Audio & DVD)
2005-10-19 Tampa
2005-10-21 Charlotte

[Edited by campino001]
October 28th, 2005 09:08 PM
Gazza see this thread!

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/215187-1.html
October 29th, 2005 04:03 AM
drno12
quote:
charlotte wrote:
From Drake!!!!

Rolling Stones-Nashville 2002-Drake

On Monday Nov. 25, 2002 the Rolling Stones performed at the Gaylord Entertainment Center in Nashville, TN. The place holds around 18,000 people, which compared to most venues where they play (60,000+ stadiums) it was very intimate. I sat directly under the main PA stacks, row 1, seat 1. The view was great, the sound was great and the performance was killer, not to mention the song selection.

There were alot of recordings from the Licks tour but most of them were complete garbage. I acquired a recording of this show from another taper and while it was very listenable it sounded over-compressed, muffled, and the highs and lows were dramatically chopped. The main reason for this is every taper out there has the mindset that they should use cardiod mics and a bass rolloff when they record. This is a pisspoor decision on recording gear. Cardiods chop off both ends of the sound frequency (due to the fact that they're very directional and created solely for taping when you're far away from the speakers). IMHO, if you're not close to the speakers its not worth your effort to tape a show. No one wants to hear a shitty recording from far away. Second mistake, the rolloff adapter. Sure, the bass might kick a bit more than you want but dammit thats how it sounded at the show. If you want to mix it down afterwards and get rid of the bass, fine, but why ruin a good recording with a bassrolloff switcher.

I dont claim to be the uberbootleger, but I do know a thing or two about good recording techniques. For starters this was recorded on a killer Sharp MD recorder on SP. Why people use LP2 or LP4 is beyond me. Secondly, I use stealth binaural mics. Most people love cardiods because they're directional but personally I hate them. Binauarals capture the full sound frequency range, have lower distortion and the capsules do not cause any compression. Put on some good headphones and you'll hear EXACTLY what I heard at the show.

The only drawback to this recording is the fact that I sat in seat 1 row 1, which means I was right infront of several security guards. (occasionally you'll hear one of the guards talk to us about taking pictures - he wanted doubles of our disposable camera... i sent him a copy of this along with it. ) This prevented me from switching discs while in my seat. I went to the restroom during The Worst (Keith's set) and switched discs. Unfortunately the line in the restroom made me miss Happy as well. So two songs are missing from it, but if you really want those I'm sure you can find the other recording.

The sound for the first few songs is a bit overblown but that is entirely the PA system. Someone working on stage goofed on the first song and while the intro usually goes on for several minutes somehow someone sent the band on early. Keith started playing the opening riffs to Street Fighting Man in the middle of the intro and the whole band followed. You can hear the amps on stage right before the PA kicks in full gear. Obviously the sound techs were scrambling to get everything going when the band suddenly came on. The PA was amazingly loud. It knocked everyone off their feet. Thankfully the techs balanced it out a bit and by the time they played Monkey Man the mix was finished. I love a loud concert but this was unreal.

I never released this disc. It is FAR superior to the source that has been traded over the past 3 years, not to mention the asskicking it gives to most every other Licks show currently circulating in trader circles. A few of my friends have heard it, one guy has a copy of it and I think its about time everyone on here had the opportunity to enjoy it. Can't You Hear Me Knocking by itself is worth the download.

Please, if you share this, do not rip it to mp3.
For the love of all things glorious, keep it in wav.

--Intro--
Street Fighting Man
Start Me Up
If You Can't Rock Me
Don't Stop
Monkey Man
Gimme Shelter
Sweet Virginia
Loving Cup
Rocks Off
Tumblin' Dice
--Band Introductions--
The Worst (partially recorded)
Happy (missing due to disc switch)
Sympathy for the Devil
You Got Me Rockin
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Honky Tonk Women
Satisfaction
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (B-stage)
Little Red Rooster (B-stage)
Brown Sugar (B-stage)
Jumping Jack Flash (encore)

Play it loud.
[email protected]

Thanks drake for putting this torrent on the RO Tracker!!!!

I also like to thank Drake for putting this on the Tracker.

While downloading I created some covers for that show. But I don`t know how to upload! So if anybody is interested in the covers and/or knows how to upload please let me know ([email protected])and I gladly will send you the covers by e-mail.
Best
drno12
[Edited by drno12]
October 29th, 2005 07:32 AM
stonesmachine So whats in the 3.8 Gb VIDEO_TS torrent? Hello Uploader!! Why keep it a secret?
[Edited by stonesmachine]
October 29th, 2005 08:13 AM
MRD8 I'm sorry about the phantom T_S file...I tried to upload the Jointrip Stripped in that format but couldn't get it to work so had to use the trusty ISO file instead...
Charlotte, please remove it for me...thanks!
October 29th, 2005 12:11 PM
G. The Cock Thanks a lot for seeding those great recordings, especially Louisville and Nashville (drake, you're great!)!!!

Any artwork available?

"Truth is stranger than fiction"

stoned greetings
G. The Cock
October 29th, 2005 12:13 PM
drno12
quote:
G. The Cock wrote:
Thanks a lot for seeding those great recordings, especially Louisville and Nashville (drake, you're great!)!!!

Any artwork available?

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

4 posts above!!!!
[Edited by drno12]
October 29th, 2005 12:15 PM
G. The Cock By the Way: There seem to be recordings from Moncton, Hershey and Giants Stadium (all 2005 audio) in circulation. Anybody out there planning to upload them on RO or DaD torrent trackers? If not, I'll try to buy and upload them myself for sharing with all of you.

stoned greetings
G. The Cock
October 29th, 2005 12:18 PM
drno12
quote:
G. The Cock wrote:
By the Way: There seem to be recordings from Moncton, Hershey and Giants Stadium (all 2005 audio) in circulation. Anybody out there planning to upload them on RO or DaD torrent trackers? If not, I'll try to buy and upload them myself for sharing with all of you.

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Giants and Moncton will be seeded as soon as my discs arrive in the USA!
October 29th, 2005 12:22 PM
G. The Cock Thanks a lot drno12!!! Just missed your thread above, sorry.
I'd be very happy if you'd send me the artwork!

E-Mail: [email protected]

And, for all of you here, I've got the artwork for ANY show from ABB tour in circulation (torrents). If you miss one just send e-mail!
October 29th, 2005 12:23 PM
drno12
quote:
G. The Cock wrote:
Thanks a lot drno12!!! Just missed your thread above, sorry.
I'd be very happy if you'd send me the artwork!

E-Mail: [email protected]

And, for all of you here, I've got the artwork for ANY show from ABB tour in circulation (torrents). If you miss one just send e-mail!

Just sent you a mail!!!!!
October 29th, 2005 12:29 PM
G. The Cock Thanks a lot drno! Me too!
October 29th, 2005 02:35 PM
deuce Can someone please seed the Get Satisfaction If You Want it torrent?
October 29th, 2005 04:26 PM
qwer Great that the fans of "the greatest band on earth"
have now a place for trading.
Other band have such a place already for years!
Hope this place will grow bigger and bigger!

But this place is a little bit unorganized.
It's very hard to find some information about the staff on the tracker.
Isn't it possible to make it more easy?
Other board show us how it works!
Any ideas?

I hope, it will not be too much work for the webmasters of this site. But some simple changes could make life much easier on this "info-search-problem".
October 29th, 2005 04:56 PM
cabledogg2 ~While downloading I created some covers for that show. But I don`t know how to upload! So if anybody is interested in the covers and/or knows how to upload please let me know and I gladly will send you the covers by e-mail.~
Best
drno12

drno12 , I would love the artwork. You can e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks!!!!!!!!
[Edited by cabledogg2]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)