ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
You rule Chief!!
KeyArena, Seattle, Washington - October 30, 2005
© 2005 Chief Moon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rocks Off Rolling Stones Bit Torrent Thread (Part 3) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
November 13th, 2005 02:56 PM
mac_daddy there is a second philly dvd (10-10-05) on the ro tracker. who seeded it..? it is around 4 gigs in size...
November 13th, 2005 04:56 PM
kidrocklive
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
there is a second philly dvd (10-10-05) on the ro tracker. who seeded it..? it is around 4 gigs in size...

is it like a forum policy to have dvds as an ISO rather than a video_ts folder or something like that? I think that if it was a video_ts it would be better because you could put an info file in there so that this type of problem wouldn't have to be addressed. You could just select to download the info file, read that and decide if you want to d/l it or not. idk, just offering my 2 cents on the matter and trying to help out
November 13th, 2005 05:54 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
kidrocklive wrote:

is it like a forum policy to have dvds as an ISO rather than a video_ts folder or something like that?

no.

we are open, so as to make it easier for the seeders. it just som happens that a very prolific seeder of dvds, prefers to seed *is images for dvds. that is the way it is...

but he also alwyas posts and lets us know what is up...

it is tracker policy (if you can call it that) to post an announcement in this thread if you are seeding a new source...

November 13th, 2005 07:41 PM
kidrocklive ah well hopefully we will find out what's up with that new philly dvd. thanks for explaining it all to me
November 14th, 2005 12:36 AM
gonzalo76 Hi everybody,

I need to finish downloading "Get Satisfaction, if you want .. Best of BBC 63'-65". I'm stuck in 65%. Could someone please help me and seed this torrent ?
Thank you very much !
November 14th, 2005 05:06 AM
ßloody red ®ooster so what's the deal with this 2nd Philly dvd?

people seems to go for the one with only 2.27 gigs, i can see why but is there any difference between the two of them, except for the size?

any bonus material?
November 14th, 2005 06:03 AM
silkcut1978 just my 2 cents...

I was sceptical in the beginning with the *.ISO-files - my Nero doesn't even recognize that it's an ISO-file but once it's burned I haven't had any problems with these discs - they're working great and I enjoy to have one compact file instead of a directory with a dozen of files.

It seems that somebody upped the 4GB-version of Philadelphia and then couldn't connect. It would be great if this guy could let us know what it's all about:-)

What I really would like to say is that this tracker needs a mod (or two) and a few rules. People are bringing fantastic stuff up here (MANY THANKS by the way!!) but the tracker is still a f*uckin mess. Everybody has its own standard of naming a torrent, some people are really going nuts when giving a name and each time I enter I have to look at every single torrent to be able to decide if I have it or not. I know I don't pay for it so why am I bitching? Hm, maybe because it works fine on any other tracker I know (even on Dime).

Another question comes to my mind: will "dead" torrents be ever deleted ?

Thanks again to everybody who's responsible for the tracker and to everybody who upped great stuff - I'm only dreaming of an "easy-to-handle" tracker ;-)

PS: anybody here who knows the famous LedZep-tracker? Put up a torrent with the wrong date-format and you'll get a virtual kick in your ass...
[Edited by silkcut1978]
November 14th, 2005 08:36 AM
Andy L I couldn't agree more, the tracker is a mess at the moment. It's so disorganised and there are still a lot of people jumping off straight away after they've finished downloading.

Ideally, I'd like to see different tracker software used, with registration required and share ratios, although I don't think a minimum ratio should be enforced. It would also allow more detailed info on each torrent, and you would be able to tell straight away who uploaded a torrent. It's a pain having to search through a 12-page thread if you want to find info on an older torrent.

At the very least, some mods and rules on naming (and maybe lineage?) are definitely needed. I'd be willing to help out if necessary.

Also, could the torrents be sorted by date instead of name? It would make it easier to find the latest ones. With the number of torrents on there now, it's nearly impossible to find a new torrent if somebody doesn't bother announcing it in this thread.
November 14th, 2005 02:01 PM
stewed & Keefed It all works fine as it is.
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
November 14th, 2005 06:17 PM
MRD8 New on the tracker this evening is the second show from 1981 tour.....I'm going to put up all of the '81 soundboards that I have...doing the rarer ones first...this one is complete, no cut songs as far as I can tell(no Take The A Train, but I'm not sure they used it on the first few shows.)

Rolling Stones Philadelphia September 26, 1981 Soundboard

Disc 1

Under My Thumb
When The Whip Comes Down
Let's Spend The Night Together
Just My Imagination
Shattered
Neighbor's
Black Limousine
Down The Road Apiece
Mona(AWESOME!!!)
Twenty Flight Rock
She's So Cold
Time Is On My Side
Beast Of Burden
Band Introductions
Waiting On A Friend

Disc 2

Let It Bleed
YCAGWYW
Tumbling Dice
Little T&A
Hang Fire
Start Me Up
Miss You
Honky Tonk Women
All Down The Line
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man
Outro(School Days)
November 14th, 2005 09:16 PM
charlotte Thanks!!
November 14th, 2005 11:48 PM
mac_daddy anaheim is up on ezt...
November 15th, 2005 12:38 AM
gonzalo76
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
New on the tracker this evening is the second show from 1981 tour.....I'm going to put up all of the '81 soundboards that I have...doing the rarer ones first...this one is complete, no cut songs as far as I can tell(no Take The A Train, but I'm not sure they used it on the first few shows.)

T H A N K Y O U !!!
November 15th, 2005 03:26 AM
joguema Is this identical to:

Rock'n'Roll Animals - VGP-374 ???

quote:
MRD8 wrote:
New on the tracker this evening is the second show from 1981 tour.....I'm going to put up all of the '81 soundboards that I have...doing the rarer ones first...this one is complete, no cut songs as far as I can tell(no Take The A Train, but I'm not sure they used it on the first few shows.)

Rolling Stones Philadelphia September 26, 1981 Soundboard

Disc 1

Under My Thumb
When The Whip Comes Down
Let's Spend The Night Together
Just My Imagination
Shattered
Neighbor's
Black Limousine
Down The Road Apiece
Mona(AWESOME!!!)
Twenty Flight Rock
She's So Cold
Time Is On My Side
Beast Of Burden
Band Introductions
Waiting On A Friend

Disc 2

Let It Bleed
YCAGWYW
Tumbling Dice
Little T&A
Hang Fire
Start Me Up
Miss You
Honky Tonk Women
All Down The Line
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man
Outro(School Days)

November 15th, 2005 12:06 PM
G. The Cock Just put the Miami DVD audio rip on this tracker. It's been deleted on dime, hope it's ok here!

For further information just check the 2005 recordings history thread here!
November 15th, 2005 01:01 PM
cc Is there something about this tracker that shows seeders when there actually are none? It's happening to me again, with Voodoo Brew. There's supposedly a seeder, but I haven't been able to connect to him over 5 days. I'm stuck at 98%, and when I finish sharing to 4 other guys, they will be, too.

cc
[Edited by cc]
November 15th, 2005 01:56 PM
gimmerob I have the same problem as CC. Downloading "Fargo" the tracker says that there is one seeder but he (or she) is not seeding. Stuck at 99.7% and with me a few others. What's going on??

Rob
November 15th, 2005 02:03 PM
gimmerob Now I'm downloading Philly 1981 soundboard but that is running fine!! Can anybody tell me where I can find the covers for this boot? It's not Rock and Roll Animals because that's a four cd boot.

Rob
[Edited by gimmerob]
November 15th, 2005 07:42 PM
MRD8 New on the tracker tonight, the Miami 10-17-05 DVD...held up by hurricane Wilma it finally got here today...and here it is for you all! Hope you enjoy it...)
. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. She's So Cold
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Oh No, Not You Again
6. Ruby Tuesday
7. Rain Fall Down
8. Midnight Rambler(KILLER!!!)
9. Night Time (with Joss Stone)
10. --- Introductions
11. The Worst (Keith)
12. Infamy (Keith)
13. Miss You (to B-stage)
14. Rough Justice (B-stage)
15. Get Off Of My Cloud (B-stage)
16. Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
17. Sympathy for the Devil
18. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
19. Jumping Jack Flash
20. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
21. You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
22. Brown Sugar (encore)
November 15th, 2005 09:43 PM
Schooner333 I just uploaded to the tracker Philly 10-10-05 DVD - Edited.

This is the same version that was originally uploaded by MRD8 to the Rocks Off tracker. Using TMPGEnc DVD Author, I created new chapter points to align with the songs, and created a menu (not that great but it works). I also trimmed off the 20 minutes of screen saver that was at the end.

Whoever shot this footage to begin with did a very nice job, but after that I'm not sure what happened. For some reason it has been compressed down to 2GB, I've done nothing to change the video. The copy that MRD8 uploaded looks like it was copied from a stand alone DVD player to a recordable dvd player, when the dvd was over, it went on to record all that nice screen saver footage.

Still, this is a must have DVD for any Stones fan.

PS: A big thank you to MRD8 for the original upload, and for all the other goodies he's given us.
November 15th, 2005 10:04 PM
voodoostones Hello everyone,

I ask again my question...
Anyone notice the errors in the FLAC files of the Dallas Nov. 1st 1981, some files are not working...Anyone got a fix ?
November 15th, 2005 10:17 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
voodoostones wrote:
Hello everyone,

I ask again my question...
Anyone notice the errors in the FLAC files of the Dallas Nov. 1st 1981, some files are not working...Anyone got a fix ?

no.

November 16th, 2005 12:34 AM
kidrocklive MRD8, do you have any plans of possibly redoing the dvd, without the 20mins of screen saver footage? I think that with that, it would force the dvd into 4 hr mode (which would be why the video is 2gb) and if you re-did it, it would still be in 2 hr mode. If not, no big deal I was just curious so I know to be on the look out for it or what exactly. Thanks again nonetheless and also for hte miami 05 dvd, i'm sure a lot of us will enjoy it.

**note** if this is what the 4gb philly dvd is, that is still un-identified to my knowledge, I'm sorry for the confusion and thanks for your help and effort.
[Edited by kidrocklive]
November 16th, 2005 01:53 AM
marko is anyone interested,if seed,a compilation set.
Best of New York 1969-2005.Anyone wasn´t interested treeing
it.What about here?
November 16th, 2005 05:30 AM
Flairville Hi all! I'm really getting into the torrenting thing at the minute but there's one thing I'd like help with. I'd like my ratio to be higher than it is but it's sometimes difficult. If i'm downloading at 226kb's a second but only uploading 9kbs a second how can my upload rate be increased? Any help would stop my pangs of guilt. Oh and I think torrenting will be bad for the environment because they'll be making trees extinct!! Thanks in advance for any help.
November 16th, 2005 06:19 AM
charlotte After downloading just sit back, relax, drink a beer, take a smoke, listen to a decade of stones material, read War and Peace or engage in a day of sex with your favorite playmate...in other words download for a day and just seed for a day(till 100%)...the torrents are not going anywhere!

and a big thanks for wanting to get your upload ratio higher!!!

we could use more seeding, sometimes I am the only seed for a number of torrents and I just do not have enough juice to please the world(sigh)...

Thanks to everyone who is uploading torrents and those who hang around to seed!!!!

A big welcome to our stones brothers/sisters from Japan! We look forward in your future reviews and uploads when the boys hit your country!!
November 16th, 2005 07:59 AM
ks87 I almost completed downloading Lexington 81 at 81%!
But now I need at least one seed who could help me completing this torrent.
Many thanks in advance!!
November 16th, 2005 08:02 AM
wooden ...can someone PLEASE put the Anaheim,2005-11-04 show on the RO tracker !!

Would be GREAT !

thanks
November 16th, 2005 08:12 AM
Gazza
quote:
charlotte wrote:
we could use more seeding, sometimes I am the only seed for a number of torrents and I just do not have enough juice to please the world(sigh)...

if I can get one of you guys to walk me through this in idiot-speak on yahoo messenger sometime (yeah, I know..I've received e-mails and read posts about it but I'm still obviously missing something - mostly a few brain cells) I'll be more than happy to help out - plus I have hundreds of shows I can share on request when I do.
November 16th, 2005 09:12 AM
drno12
quote:
ks87 wrote:
I almost completed downloading Lexington 81 at 81%!
But now I need at least one seed who could help me completing this torrent.
Many thanks in advance!!

When i saw your post I thought I could seed cause I got that torrent. Si I did and found that there are 2 others "seeding". Come on guys! Do one thing after the other!!! While I upload 60 MB those other 2 are uploading around 8 and 20 MB. And I got an asynchronous DLS!!! And not the fastest one. It is a shame here. People are sucking down that stuff and leave! And those who seed do it with very small amount! It has to happen something with this tracker. When you read all the posts here one wants this the other wants that, but none wants to seed after they downloaded. And some guys here are more in uploading as much as they can ( I really appreciate that!! don't get me wrong!!!) as in the quality. That are my thoughts. Who is in charge to get rid of old stuff???? I think I stop here! I will seed for that guy to finish his download but then its up to him to seed for the next!!
Best
drno12
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)