ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
You rule Chief!!
KeyArena, Seattle, Washington - October 30, 2005
© 2005 Chief Moon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rocks Off Rolling Stones Bit Torrent Thread (Part 3) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
October 16th, 2005 05:49 AM
Moonisup
quote:
charlotte wrote:
security patch download-reboot-Tracker-Green Light
[Edited by charlotte]

?
October 16th, 2005 06:25 AM
ßloody red ®ooster how come when i download (what i think is) Fenway 1 disc 2 i get Fenway 2 disc 2?

Fenway 1 disc 2 = the show from 23rd of August disc 2
so what are the other two torrents on the tracker:
Fenway 1 disc one and Fenway 2 disc 1????

i need the 2nd disc from August 21st, is it even up there?
in that case under which name?
and if not is it coming up soon?

TIA

ßloody
October 16th, 2005 08:04 AM
MRD8 The other two torrents are fine...its only the Fenway 1 Disc 2 that is defective...I sent for a replacement copy from the trader and it was defective too...as was his original...so now we are trying to find one that will create a torrent...it'll have to wait for a while though...tomorrow I'm going to start seeding MSG Disc 1...then I'll be away for a day to see the Stones in Tampa on Wednesday...so it'll be a while till you get disc 2 from opening night!
October 16th, 2005 08:10 AM
Andy L
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
The other two torrents are fine...its only the Fenway 1 Disc 2 that is defective...I sent for a replacement copy from the trader and it was defective too...as was his original...so now we are trying to find one that will create a torrent...it'll have to wait for a while though...tomorrow I'm going to start seeding MSG Disc 1...then I'll be away for a day to see the Stones in Tampa on Wednesday...so it'll be a while till you get disc 2 from opening night!

In what way is the disc 'defective' - does the disc not extract properly, or can you not create a torrent from it? What error messages are you getting, and from which software? I'm sure there'd be a lot of people here willing to help you torrent the disc.
October 16th, 2005 04:06 PM
Andy L
Rolling Stones
Western Springs Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand
1973-02-11

Master Cassette > Denon UDR-F07 > Philips CDR765 > CD-R (M) > EAC (secure mode, offsets corrected) > WAV > FLAC Frontend > FLAC (Level 8, SBE aligned, verified)

1. Brown Sugar
2. Bitch
3. Rocks Off
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Happy
6. Tumbling Dice
7. Love In Vain
8. Sweet Virginia
9. You Can't Always Get What You Want
10. You Can't Always Get What You Want
11. All Down The Line
12. Midnight Rambler

Many thanks to Gazza for transferring and sending this to me. Here are his notes:

YCAGWYW is cut towards the end due to the taper changing sides on the tape. I've recorded it exactly as it is on the master tape, so you have a part 1 and part 2 - I'd say there's about 20-30 seconds missing. Other songs are complete and uncut - total playing time is 63:23. There's a few speed problems on Brown Sugar as well as a couple of shorter and similar glitches elsewhere and the sound quality goes up and down a bit at various points. Overall it's a bit bass-heavy, but still pretty good for a 1973 audience tape.

The recording ends at the close of Midnight Rambler. The band intros and the final 3 songs of the concert (Bye Bye Johnny/JJ Flash/Street Fighting Man) were not recorded as the taper's batteries ran low. Note that although Honky Tonk Women doesn't feature on this tape, it was NOT performed at this concert (the taper actually sent me a newspaper review of the show which specifically mentions its omission).

This was the first and so far only version of this show to circulate - I received it in 1995 and it had never even been traded until then.
October 16th, 2005 04:31 PM
charlotte Thanks Andy L and gazza!!
October 16th, 2005 07:37 PM
Gazza I've just finished downloading Vol.2 of "Hot August Night - Knebworth Fair 1976" which mickijaggerroo kindly uploaded

However, Vol.2 is been listed as a 2-DVD set. All thats on my download is what is listed as "Disc Two" (ie, the "special edit - exclusive sorted version")

Is this right? Presumably "Vol.1" therefore is merely whats listed on the torrent as "Disc 1" of Vol.2 - ie, the "Exclusive Stereo Mix" and "Reel Two" ??

If so, has that been torrented anywhere?

October 16th, 2005 10:11 PM
kingwass17 does anyone know where i can get the pittsburgh show from 8-28-2005? it was my first stones show and i would love to listen to it again. thanks in advance!
October 17th, 2005 02:29 AM
Mickijaggeroo No, Gazza, sorry if I mislead you. The textfile describe both VOL1 and VOL2 (meaning disc 1 and disc 2), I did this because I could not seed both discs at once. Of course, it would have been correct by me to name them Disc 1 and Disc 2. The text is taken directly from the infofile I did, but lazy as I am, I included it in both uploads, without modification. So in order to get the complete Knebworth, you need to download VOL1 too (wich is, as we now know, Disc 1 ). Sorry for the confusion, I should have thought about the difference between VOL and Disc. But I hope you get it. There should be plenty of seeders left for VOL 1 (disc 1)!
[Edited by Mickijaggeroo]
October 17th, 2005 07:44 AM
charlotte Needing Seeds:
Durham
Pittsburgh needs to re- upload as a seed...

Thanks!!!!
October 17th, 2005 10:48 AM
joguema Please help me to understand the FENWAY-DVD-mix on the tracker.

Fenway 1 Disc 2 FIXED!!! is: .... ?

Fenway 1 Disc 2.ISO is: .... ?

Fenway 1 Disc One.ISO is: .... ?

Fenway 2 Disc 1 DVD.ISO is: .... ?

Which one is
Aug 21 - Disc 1 ?
Aug 21 - Disc 2 ?

Aug 23 - Disc 1 ?
Aug 23 - Disc 2 ?

Thanks.

October 17th, 2005 10:55 AM
joguema Sorry, disregard my last post.

I just found the other FENWAY-Topic, which answered my question.
October 17th, 2005 10:58 AM
interzone
quote:
Andy L wrote:

Rolling Stones
1973-02-11

Master Cassette > Denon UDR-F07 > Philips CDR765 > CD-R (M) > EAC (secure mode, offsets corrected) > WAV > FLAC Frontend > FLAC (Level 8, SBE aligned, verified)

1. Brown Sugar
2. Bitch
3. Rocks Off
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Happy
6. Tumbling Dice
7. Love In Vain
8. Sweet Virginia
11. All Down The Line
12. Midnight Rambler

Many thanks to Gazza for transferring and sending this to me. Here are his notes:

YCAGWYW is cut towards the end due to the taper changing sides on the tape. I've recorded it exactly as it is on the master tape, so you have a part 1 and part 2 - I'd say there's about 20-30 seconds missing. Other songs are complete and uncut - total playing time is 63:23. There's a few speed problems on Brown Sugar as well as a couple of shorter and similar glitches elsewhere and the sound quality goes up and down a bit at various points. Overall it's a bit bass-heavy, but still pretty good for a 1973 audience tape.

The recording ends at the close of Midnight Rambler. The band intros and the final 3 songs of the concert (Bye Bye Johnny/JJ Flash/Street Fighting Man) were not recorded as the taper's batteries ran low. Note that although Honky Tonk Women doesn't feature on this tape, it was NOT performed at this concert (the taper actually sent me a newspaper review of the show which specifically mentions its omission).

This was the first and so far only version of this show to circulate - I received it in 1995 and it had never even been traded until then.

If this is the only version, then what is this Vinyl Gang Product boot? Are you saying the VGP release is from the same tape, but with extra tracks? Also, according to The Complete Works site (http://www.nzentgraf.de/books/tcw/1973.htm) the final 3 songs of the concert were not "Bye Bye Johnny/JJ Flash/Street Fighting Man" but "Rip This Joint/Jumping Jack Flash/Street Fighting Man":

Winter Tour Auckland 1973

1 CD
Version 1
VGP 015

Live in Auckland February 11, 1973. Very good audience quality. No soundboard recording as often claimed!

1st covers with misprinted title 'Aukland' on front and wrong concert date (January 11, 1973) on back.

setlist (as per cover art)
1.brown sugar
2.bitch
3.rocks off
4.gimme shelter
5.happy
6.tumbling dice
7.love in vain
8.sweet virginia
9.you can't always get what you want
10.all down the line
11.midnight rambler
12.jumping jack flash
13street fighting man
October 17th, 2005 11:42 AM
Andy L Yes, the VGP bootleg is made from the same tape. The 'extra tracks' are actually taken from a different Australia '73 show - I can't remember which one though.
October 17th, 2005 12:03 PM
interzone
quote:
Andy L wrote:
Yes, the VGP bootleg is made from the same tape. The 'extra tracks' are actually taken from a different Australia '73 show - I can't remember which one though.

Then that is distressing that the Complete Works site doesn't list that fact. God knows they have every other detail . . .

I'll e-mail them to alert them of the error. Listening to the VGP boot, the last two tracks are indeed from a different source. VGP must have done a little EQ work on the main show, though, as it seems to have more bass than the tape your are uploading.

Thanks for the clarification.
October 17th, 2005 01:12 PM
Andy L No problem, enjoy the torrent
October 17th, 2005 01:35 PM
TornAndFrayed
quote:
Andy L wrote:
Yes, the VGP bootleg is made from the same tape. The 'extra tracks' are actually taken from a different Australia '73 show - I can't remember which one though.

I have recently compared these two tracks with my Aussie 73 audience sources and they are taken from Adelaide 02-20-73 (available on VGP´s "Eat Meat On Stage").
October 17th, 2005 01:46 PM
Andy L
quote:
TornAndFrayed wrote:

I have recently compared these two tracks with my Aussie 73 audience sources and they are taken from Adelaide 02-20-73 (available on VGP´s "Eat Meat On Stage").

Yeah, I remember you mentioned that when the VGP version was seeded on DIME a while ago, but the torrent (and the comments) have disappeared from there now.
October 17th, 2005 03:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
Andy L wrote:

Correct

Interzone - I have the master of the only circulating recording from the Auckland show. All of the bootlegs that have subsequently been made are sourced from my tape.

The show was not completely recorded. The last 3 songs are missing. Any bootlegs that purport to have the full show are misleading and have used songs from other concerts.
October 17th, 2005 09:36 PM
UptownBedbug I have been on Dime, downloading the 10/12/05 show, for four days now(day & night).
I have a greenface,a new HP with shitloads of space, and only 45.6% of it is downloaded. I do have dialup.
Can anyone give me advice on how to speed things up??
Thanks,TheBug
October 17th, 2005 10:45 PM
beer
quote:
UptownBedbug wrote:
I have been on Dime, downloading the 10/12/05 show, for four days now(day & night).
I have a greenface,a new HP with shitloads of space, and only 45.6% of it is downloaded. I do have dialup.
Thanks,TheBug

The only thing i can think of is to get a high speed internet connection. With the amount of seeds you have on that torrent, it would only take a couple hours to download it, If that.

How many Kbs per second are you downloading / uploading?

I didn't even think it was possible to download bit torrent on dial up?

-
October 18th, 2005 12:04 AM
pdog DL a torrent on Dial Up is like traveling the USA coast to coast on foot.
DSL is like a plane and Cable is like a supersonic plane!
October 18th, 2005 12:33 AM
Mickijaggeroo I´m having a problem with Fenway 1 disc 2 FIXED, it says it´s a file, when it started out as a folder. So I can´t open it. It changed the icon from the folder icon, to (unknown) file icon, and when I try to open it, XP asks what program I would like to open it with...

I erased it all, and started to download it all again, but I get the same problem. ??
October 18th, 2005 02:37 AM
joguema When AZUREUS asked me, where and under which name I wanted to save the file, I manually added the file-extension .ISO.

So far everything looks fine with my download.

quote:
Mickijaggeroo wrote:
I´m having a problem with Fenway 1 disc 2 FIXED, it says it´s a file, when it started out as a folder. So I can´t open it. It changed the icon from the folder icon, to (unknown) file icon, and when I try to open it, XP asks what program I would like to open it with...

I erased it all, and started to download it all again, but I get the same problem. ??

[Edited by joguema]
October 18th, 2005 08:25 AM
Gazza
quote:
UptownBedbug wrote:
I have been on Dime, downloading the 10/12/05 show, for four days now(day & night).
Thanks,TheBug

Bug

I downloaded that show yesterday evening in just over two hours. It's a world of difference having broadband. If you get it, its well worth it.
October 18th, 2005 12:32 PM
Pauli
quote:
Andy L wrote:

Rolling Stones
1973-02-11

1. Brown Sugar
2. Bitch
3. Rocks Off
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Happy
6. Tumbling Dice
7. Love In Vain
8. Sweet Virginia
11. All Down The Line
12. Midnight Rambler

Thank You both, Andy L and Gazza!
October 18th, 2005 12:38 PM
Pauli About Auckland '73: There are two VGP releases which contains Auckland '73:

1) All Meat Music (VGP-055) 2CD
2) Winter Tour - Auckland 1973 (VGP-015) 1CD

Are they both from same master?

[Edited by Pauli]
October 18th, 2005 12:47 PM
Rolling Stones Argen Greattt, Bridges to Argentina DVD...!!! It's Great! Thank You Pauli!
October 18th, 2005 07:14 PM
stonesmik Hi everybody

I was downloading the torrent "Stones On TV 2005 DVD" using the Rocks Off bit torrent tracker, but it has now completely disappeared. I have downloaded 4210 MB (98,3% !) of it and I'm only missing 50 MB...

Can someone please help me and put this torrent online again for a while?
October 18th, 2005 08:56 PM
UptownBedbug Thank you!! I`ll look in to DSL & cable

BEER,
2.1 KB/s DL
700 B/s up
[Edited by UptownBedbug]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)