ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
You rule Chief!!
KeyArena, Seattle, Washington - October 30, 2005
© 2005 Chief Moon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rocks Off Rolling Stones Bit Torrent Thread (Part 3) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
October 23rd, 2005 02:00 AM
gonzalo76
quote:
beer wrote:
Can someone PLEASE recommend a good DVD burner and brand of DVDr's? I have lost all my patience with the DVD burner I just had installed. I believe it is posessed by Satan. I'm not even kidding, it's making me crazy. 3 good burns and 8 unacceptable / flawed ones. Any advice regarding excellent DVD burners would be appreciated. thanks.

I have a PIONEER DVR-110D
High Speed DVD-R/RW, +R/RW, CD-R/RW Writer (Bulk Drive)
The DVR-110D offers writing support for Dual & Double Layer media types at 8X speed, along with 16X writing to DVD-R/+R, 6X writing to DVD-RW and 8X writing to +RW. The drive’s combined specifications deliver the one of the highest levels of all-round DVD-writing performance currently available.
http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/product_detail.jsp?product_id=11165&taxonomy_id=43-92

About the DVD-Rs I use Verbatim DVD-R.
http://www.verbatim.com/products/products.cfm?pc_parent=76F06320-48F1-485E-8E286B6E0039C276&pc_id=376289FC-0DA6-4CDC-A1AEEE40C39DC2D9

Good Luck.
Greetings
Gonzalo
October 23rd, 2005 11:25 AM
interzone
quote:
beer wrote:
Can someone PLEASE recommend a good DVD burner and brand of DVDr's? I have lost all my patience with the DVD burner I just had installed. I believe it is posessed by Satan. I'm not even kidding, it's making me crazy. 3 good burns and 8 unacceptable / flawed ones. Any advice regarding excellent DVD burners would be appreciated. thanks.

The only media I use is that of Mitsui (now called Mam-A), available at www.mediasupply.com. As for burners, the Plextor brand seems to be held in very high regard.

October 23rd, 2005 11:44 AM
interzone
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Correct

Interzone - I have the master of the only circulating recording from the Auckland show. All of the bootlegs that have subsequently been made are sourced from my tape.

The show was not completely recorded. The last 3 songs are missing. Any bootlegs that purport to have the full show are misleading and have used songs from other concerts.

I received this response from the guy at The Complet Works site, when I queried him about the listing on his site, and its discrepancy with the comments on this list. I provide it as an FYI, for what it's worth. The following is copied from an e-mail, so the conversation is in reverse chronological order:

On 10/19/05 11:52 AM, [email protected] wrote:

> Hello Kerry,
>
> the Auckland tape came in circulation many years ago, first with a lack of
> the last three tracks, then a complete show. Don't know what's on the VGP,
> but I guess the complete tape is authentic. This bit torrent site probably
> has the incomplete recording. I guess the taper cut the last songs away to
> sell his show twice, which was also the case with Sydney and
> Perth73-recordings.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Nico
>
>
> http://www.nzentgraf.de/books/tcw/1973.htm
>
> You list the following set list for the Feb 11 Aukland show:
>
> 730211A 11th February: Auckland, New Zealand, Western Springs Stadium
> (Brown Sugar/Bitch/Rocks Off/Gimme Shelter/Happy/Tumbling Dice/Love In
> Vain/Sweet Virginia/You Can’t Always Get What You Want/All Down The
> Line/Midnight Rambler/Rip This Joint/Jumping Jack Flash/Street Fighting
> Man)
>
>
> Someone just uploaded a tape of this show on the Rocks Off bittorrent
> tracker, though, that listed different tracks at the end of the show (
> http://www.novogate.com/board/968/216521-6.html):
>
>
> Rolling Stones
> Western Springs Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand
> 1973-02-11
>
> Master Cassette > Denon UDR-F07 > Philips CDR765 > CD-R (M) > EAC (secure
> mode, offsets corrected) > WAV > FLAC Frontend > FLAC (Level 8, SBE aligned,
> verified)
>
> 1. Brown Sugar
> 2. Bitch
> 3. Rocks Off
> 4. Gimme Shelter
> 5. Happy
> 6. Tumbling Dice
> 7. Love In Vain
> 8. Sweet Virginia
> 9. You Can't Always Get What You Want
> 10. You Can't Always Get What You Want
> 11. All Down The Line
> 12. Midnight Rambler
>
> Many thanks to Gazza for transferring and sending this to me. Here are his
> notes:
>
> YCAGWYW is cut towards the end due to the taper changing sides on the tape.
> I've recorded it exactly as it is on the master tape, so you have a part 1
> and part 2 - I'd say there's about 20-30 seconds missing. Other songs are
> complete and uncut - total playing time is 63:23. There's a few speed
> problems on Brown Sugar as well as a couple of shorter and similar glitches
> elsewhere and the sound quality goes up and down a bit at various points.
> Overall it's a bit bass-heavy, but still pretty good for a 1973 audience
> tape.
>
> The recording ends at the close of Midnight Rambler. The band intros and the
> final 3 songs of the concert (Bye Bye Johnny/JJ Flash/Street Fighting Man)
> were not recorded as the taper's batteries ran low. Note that although Honky
> Tonk Women doesn't feature on this tape, it was NOT performed at this
> concert (the taper actually sent me a newspaper review of the show which
> specifically mentions its omission).
>
> This was the first and so far only version of this show to circulate - I
> received it in 1995 and it had never even been traded until then.
>
>
> ---------------
>
> I have a Vinyl Gang Product boot of this show (VGP 315) and listening to it
> shows that the last two songs, after Midnight Rambler, are clearly from a
> different tape source. Whether they are from a different show I do not
> know.
>
> I wanted to make you aware of the contradiction in case you could clarify
> the matter.
>

October 23rd, 2005 02:28 PM
Gazza >Hello Kerry,
>
> Perth73-recordings.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Nico

Thanks for posting this.

Nico's wrong. The taper - who was called Marc and who lives in Auckland, but who originally came from the Pacific North West of the US - gave me the master tape. The guy isnt even a Stones collector...I was trading Dylan tapes with him at the time (he was a relative newbie to collecting) and he casually mentioned that he had a Stones tape from Auckland '73 which he'd recorded and which was gathering dust in his cupboard. He'd never circulated it or traded for it and didnt even know that not only was the show rare but that no copy of it was in circulation. I sent him a few Dylan shows in exchange for his master tape.

He specifically told me that he had not recorded the last 3 songs because his battery ran out.

If Nico's saying that someone left off the last 3 songs "to sell the show twice" then, as I own the master tape, he's accusing me of being a bootlegger, which is nonsensical. You cant compare with the Sydney and Perth shows as these are soundboards - and the concerts arent even in the same country. To link the shows together like this is ridiculous

The fact that hes never heard the VGP recording proves that hes just guessing, based on the track listing of a "composite" bootleg.

I would imagine that Nico may have got his copy from Dieter Hoffmann of "Basement News" magazine, because he was one of the only two people I made copies of that recording for in the first 6 months after I got it. It appeared on bootleg a few months later

If the 3 missing songs ARE in circulation, then theyre from a different recording of this show. But I doubt very much that they are.
[Edited by Gazza]
October 24th, 2005 05:25 PM
interzone
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>Hello Kerry,
>
> Perth73-recordings.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Nico

Thanks for posting this.

Nico's wrong. The taper - who was called Marc and who lives in Auckland, but who originally came from the Pacific North West of the US - gave me the master tape. The guy isnt even a Stones collector...I was trading Dylan tapes with him at the time (he was a relative newbie to collecting) and he casually mentioned that he had a Stones tape from Auckland '73 which he'd recorded and which was gathering dust in his cupboard. He'd never circulated it or traded for it and didnt even know that not only was the show rare but that no copy of it was in circulation. I sent him a few Dylan shows in exchange for his master tape.

He specifically told me that he had not recorded the last 3 songs because his battery ran out.

If Nico's saying that someone left off the last 3 songs "to sell the show twice" then, as I own the master tape, he's accusing me of being a bootlegger, which is nonsensical. You cant compare with the Sydney and Perth shows as these are soundboards - and the concerts arent even in the same country. To link the shows together like this is ridiculous

The fact that hes never heard the VGP recording proves that hes just guessing, based on the track listing of a "composite" bootleg.

I would imagine that Nico may have got his copy from Dieter Hoffmann of "Basement News" magazine, because he was one of the only two people I made copies of that recording for in the first 6 months after I got it. It appeared on bootleg a few months later

If the 3 missing songs ARE in circulation, then theyre from a different recording of this show. But I doubt very much that they are.
[Edited by Gazza]

I thought that the comment about selling the show twice might rub you the wrong way, as it would me. I assume that Nico had in mind the many mercenary bootleggers that provided so many shows from this era, and not the hardcore fans on this list. I'll forward the factual info from your post to him. I have relied on his site more than once, and would simply like for it to be accurate.

[Edited by interzone]
October 24th, 2005 06:01 PM
cabledogg2 Can anyone comment on the torrent "Celebration to the Blues". Like the track list and sound quality? Thanks guys............cabledogg2
October 24th, 2005 06:20 PM
Poplar
i'm gonna be a punk and go ahead and ask...

anyone know if Charlotte was recorded?
October 24th, 2005 06:39 PM
cabledogg2 New on Dime: Rodgers Centre
Toronto , Canada
Sept 25th , 2005

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=65508&hit=1
October 25th, 2005 03:01 AM
joguema I found this using Google:

http://cds.jrd.org.uk/list/cd.mic3.acttb.shtml

quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
Can anyone comment on the torrent "Celebration to the Blues". Like the track list and sound quality? Thanks guys............cabledogg2

October 25th, 2005 07:44 AM
campino001
Can someone say me when the second DVD of the MSG show comes. Are there yet other DVDs of the tour???
October 25th, 2005 11:24 AM
Mickijaggeroo
quote:
campino001 wrote:

Can someone say me when the second DVD of the MSG show comes. Are there yet other DVDs of the tour???

When the first disc has enuff seeders I am sure disc 2 will show up. Patience
October 25th, 2005 05:42 PM
campino001 can anyone make torrents from other DVDs from the Tour
What is with Miami ???

October 25th, 2005 06:47 PM
Archibald J Leach Anyone else having a problem with the Louisville 11-03-81 torrent ? My torrent completed successfully, but I have 3 files that fail FLAC verify and don't play through. D1 T8 & 15 and D2 T5.

A shame, cause it's a nice sounding show.

Can we get a fix ??
October 25th, 2005 08:07 PM
MRD8 I just put up MSG DVD Disc Two.ISO on the tracker....here's the tracklist:
Oh No, Not You Again (B-stage)
Satisfaction (B-stage)
Honky Tonk Women (from B-stage)
Sympathy For The Devil
Paint It Black
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Jumping Jack Flash
You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
Brown Sugar (encore)
Next up is either Philly 10-10-05 or Miami 10-17-05, depending on which one comes in first! I hope you all are enjoying these DVD torrents...
October 25th, 2005 08:18 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
I just put up MSG DVD Disc Two.ISO on the tracker....here's the tracklist:
Oh No, Not You Again (B-stage)
Satisfaction (B-stage)
Honky Tonk Women (from B-stage)
Sympathy For The Devil
Paint It Black
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Jumping Jack Flash
You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
Brown Sugar (encore)
Next up is either Philly 10-10-05 or Miami 10-17-05, depending on which one comes in first! I hope you all are enjoying these DVD torrents...

wow!!!

you have got this thing down now!!!!

i went offline for two weeks, and i am THRILLED to see 42 torrents on our tracker! sh*t, that thing was a germ of an idea several months ago...

and now we have one of the most prolific seeders in the community dialed into the torrent thing!!! we are truly a fortunate group...

nice work, y'all!

_____

edit:

holy sh*t!

you got la blues and gm l+g up there, too..? i am clearing harddrive space now...

i see some people have still not learned to leave their clients open, eh..? oh well, that life in da city, i guess!!!

many, many thanks for these.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
October 25th, 2005 08:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
interzone wrote:

I thought that the comment about selling the show twice might rub you the wrong way, as it would me. I assume that Nico had in mind the many mercenary bootleggers that provided so many shows from this era, and not the hardcore fans on this list. I'll forward the factual info from your post to him. I have relied on his site more than once, and would simply like for it to be accurate.

Oh, I wouldnt say it pissed me off. It's not an unreasonable assumption in many cases as far as bootleggers are concerned. I certainly dont take it personally.

Nico's site is the greatest source of Stones information on the web. I've owned some of his books from way before I had the internet and he's someone whose work I admire greatly. I found it a great help when preparing research for this site (most notably the setlists page) and continue to do so with another project I'm working on at the minute.

However, there are cases when you're researching material like this where you're having to rely on at bests econd or thir hand information and sometimes you have to make an educated guess. It just happens that on this occasion his information is incorrect.
October 25th, 2005 09:47 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Oh, I wouldnt say it pissed me off. It's not an unreasonable assumption in many cases as far as bootleggers are concerned. I certainly dont take it personally.

Nico's site is the greatest source of Stones information on the web. I've owned some of his books from way before I had the internet and he's someone whose work I admire greatly. I found it a great help when preparing research for this site (most notably the setlists page) and continue to do so with another project I'm working on at the minute.

However, there are cases when you're researching material like this where you're having to rely on at bests econd or thir hand information and sometimes you have to make an educated guess. It just happens that on this occasion his information is incorrect.

i cannot wait to hear this!!!! thanks andyl and gazza...

hey gazza - what is the " 'other project" on which you are working..? inquiring minds want to know
October 26th, 2005 06:20 AM
qwer
quote:
Archibald J Leach wrote:
Anyone else having a problem with the Louisville 11-03-81 torrent ? My torrent completed successfully, but I have 3 files that fail FLAC verify and don't play through. D1 T8 & 15 and D2 T5.

A shame, cause it's a nice sounding show.

Can we get a fix ??

I have the same problen with these files?
WE NEED A FIX!
October 26th, 2005 06:56 AM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

i cannot wait to hear this!!!! thanks andyl and gazza...

hey gazza - what is the " 'other project" on which you are working..? inquiring minds want to know

ha!

Since you asked - a studio sessions page, actually...(with a particular emphasis on producing a guide to what unreleased songs are in circulation)

Been meaning to do it ever since I first did the setlists page six years ago, but I was too much of a perfectionist to finish it.

I've started it from scratch again however and,as there is a better amount of information around now than there was then.

it's a case of collating what information is available (much of it contradictory) and digging through loads of tapes and CDs. Its not as exact a science as the setlists project was as the information is less likely to be as first hand as that from live recordings, but I'll give it a shot anyway...
October 26th, 2005 07:30 AM
cabledogg2 Not sure what the problem is with the Louisville 11-03-81 show i seeded but i will post a "FIX" shortly.......cabledogg2
October 26th, 2005 07:53 AM
Mickijaggeroo Mr D, excellent work, most appreciated!!
October 26th, 2005 09:23 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

ha!

Since you asked - a studio sessions page, actually...(with a particular emphasis on producing a guide to what unreleased songs are in circulation)

Been meaning to do it ever since I first did the setlists page six years ago, but I was too much of a perfectionist to finish it.

I've started it from scratch again however and,as there is a better amount of information around now than there was then.

it's a case of collating what information is available (much of it contradictory) and digging through loads of tapes and CDs. Its not as exact a science as the setlists project was as the information is less likely to be as first hand as that from live recordings, but I'll give it a shot anyway...

interesting. thanks for spilling the beans
October 26th, 2005 10:28 AM
MRD8 Cabledogg2,
As if you didn't have enough problems with torrenting the 1981 soundboards I've sent you so far...I'm going to mail you a copy of DAC's new 12-11-81 Lexington, KY 2CD soundboard set soon...
October 26th, 2005 10:39 AM
cabledogg2 Thanks Bob , i will get it seeded pronto!.........cabledogg2
October 26th, 2005 01:41 PM
Mickijaggeroo
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Cabledogg2,
As if you didn't have enough problems with torrenting the 1981 soundboards I've sent you so far...I'm going to mail you a copy of DAC's new 12-11-81 Lexington, KY 2CD soundboard set soon...

It must be christmas!! 81-82 are my favorite tours!!
October 26th, 2005 02:17 PM
interzone
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Funny you should mention that. After realizing that my external hard drives were filled with numerous dead torrents that duplicated the same studio outtakes, but in varying quality. And wanting to delete only the poorest quality versions (I had 7-8 copies of many of the Exile outtakes, for example), I began to make folders based on the year and studio location, based on Nico's Complete Works database. Then the work began, since it is often hard to tell what is "Slave I," "Slave II," or "Slave III." Where Nico has indicated a defining characteristic, it's been easy, but so many of the tracks could be one of several versions. Will your project attempt to shed some light on which versions were started or worked on at which studio session?

Also, I too own an early Nico book, and discovered his site when I went looking for a more up-to-date one. I was more than a little surpised that he seems to have made the entire contents of what would be a $75-$100 purchase available for free. Or do the books contain info not found on the site?
October 26th, 2005 06:51 PM
qwer
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
Not sure what the problem is with the Louisville 11-03-81 show i seeded but i will post a "FIX" shortly.......cabledogg2

Fine!

It's working now!

These 3 tracks running now without errors on my computer!

Thank you so much for this rare 1981 sbd recording!
October 26th, 2005 07:04 PM
mac_daddy cant wait to get on these 81 sbds...

but first, is there any chance someone can hop on and seed the pitt72 ("dragon") source. 6 peers and no seeds. i am at 95+% complete, and will take care of finishing the others off, if someone could just reconnect and top me off...

tia
October 26th, 2005 08:58 PM
Archibald J Leach
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
Not sure what the problem is with the Louisville 11-03-81 show i seeded but i will post a "FIX" shortly.......cabledogg2

Thanks very much for the fix !!
October 26th, 2005 08:58 PM
the worst kinda guy can some one provide info on the Alive and Dressed to kill torrent on the tracker.
thanks
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)