ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Cardinals Stadium Phoenix, AZ - 8th November 2006
© Ralph Freso / East Valley Tribune
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Liveshot Kerry at it again!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
2nd November 2006 03:15 PM
pdog Joey!
2nd November 2006 03:15 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:
people get offended to easy by lightweight shit, and not offended enough by stuff that actually matters in this country!

That's because most folks, including politicians, are far too consunmed with their own path to even give 10 seconds of thought to the path of the collective...that's a phenomenon that will not change anytime soon...people become concerned, politically, with whatever the media decides they should be concerned with...the people do not set the topic of American political debate...they have not for some time...people wanna talk Iraq...Foley...Kerry...or whatever flavor of the month...there is a bigger picture...most haven't seen it
2nd November 2006 03:17 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!

2nd November 2006 03:22 PM
Fiji Joe
2nd November 2006 03:28 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!

2nd November 2006 03:43 PM
SheRat
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nope. I'm still a tax cutting type o' guy but I also care about the environment. The Bush admin is treating me badly & honestly, as I said above, my area's going Dem anyway.

Just getting to this thread, now. I was joking, Blue, I'm not a Green--though I have voted so in previous elections.

Funny that you and pdog should say the same things about libertarians and greens, respectively.

I think that has to do with context, right? Like, on the Left Coast, it's sort of expected that people are "Green" so they're the extremist whackos, while the Libertarians try to provide a more practical alternative...same exact opposite conditions of NY, I'd imagine.

No?
2nd November 2006 03:50 PM
sirmoonie What? You mean like whacked? Whacky, whacky?

2nd November 2006 03:52 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

2nd November 2006 03:55 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
SheRat wrote:

Just getting to this thread, now. I was joking, Blue, I'm not a Green--though I have voted so in previous elections.

Funny that you and pdog should say the same things about libertarians and greens, respectively.

I think that has to do with context, right? Like, on the Left Coast, it's sort of expected that people are "Green" so they're the extremist whackos, while the Libertarians try to provide a more practical alternative...same exact opposite conditions of NY, I'd imagine.

No?

I liken greens and libertarians to goths...just a buncha attention seeking whores who, in the end, have no influence on the culture/climate with which they have become dissatisfied...but o yay...vote your conscience...I guess

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
2nd November 2006 03:56 PM
glencar
quote:
SheRat wrote:

No?

Exactly correct. The libertarians here are tin foil types.
2nd November 2006 03:58 PM
sirmoonie
2nd November 2006 04:05 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Nice prom pic...where's your date?
2nd November 2006 04:08 PM
SheRat
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
"I am convinced a volunteer army would be an army of the poor and the black and the brown,"

John Kerry - 1972

Wrong again...I served for 11 years and met not one jew

LMAO. you're bad.
2nd November 2006 04:14 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Nice prom pic...where's your date?

Lincoln High

2nd November 2006 04:15 PM
SheRat
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I liken greens and libertarians to goths...just a buncha attention seeking whores who, in the end, have no influence on the culture/climate with which they have become dissatisfied...but o yay...vote your conscience...I guess

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

I can completely see this analogy.

San Francisco is a town with Goths running amok! Refugees from places that may have kept them more in touch with like, the REAL world--Kansas, Oklahoma, etc. Goths/punks/hippies, whoever, that come here from places where they've been marginalized react one of two ways: realize they're FINALLY in a place where they can be themselves and no one gives a shit and calm the fuck down (these are the smart ones), OR realize that EVERYONE here is weird, so they step up their weird action to satisfy their craving for attention (the stupid ones--unless they become performers, in which case, that is the acceptable route through which to channel your attention-whoring).

I think leftist politics in general is filled with "attention whores"--the "scholarly" defintion for which is "identity politics"--people who are involved politically for self-aggrandizing reasons (ie, to say "I'm more revolutionary than thou") who have no regard for strategy as it relates to the ultimate politcial goal.

I'm sure the Christian Right has these people too---"I'm more Christian than thou." Those types are always found in religious communities of every stripe.

This is the reason I no longer engage in political activism. It is tiring to deal with people who just want to make a bunch of stupid useless noise, or make ridiculous stands on minute issues, regardless of the efficacy.

[Edited by SheRat]
2nd November 2006 04:17 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Lincoln High

Very nice my man...tell me you sprung for a room and just didn't hang in the El Camino
2nd November 2006 04:17 PM
_Boomy_
2nd November 2006 04:20 PM
SheRat
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Very nice my man...tell me you sprung for a room and just didn't hang in the El Camino

If that's moonie's high school-era El Camino, it's fucking TRICKED OUT!
2nd November 2006 04:22 PM
_Boomy_ Here's it is:

2nd November 2006 04:23 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
SheRat wrote:

I think leftist politics in general is filled with "attention whores"--the "scholarly" defintion for which is "identity politics"--people who are involved politically for self-aggrandizing reasons (ie, to say "I'm more revolutionary than thou") who have no regard for strategy as it relates to the ultimate politcial goal.

That is hitting the nail on the head...my thoughts exactly...I've never really tried to articulate the thought...but that about sums it up for me...I've never really appreciated bucking the status quo just for bucking the status quo's sake...it was status quo for a reason in the first place...generally the end result of a utilitarian drift...buck the quo...OK...but have a good reason for doing it...and know what you're gonna get after it's bucked to death...and be damn sure that the new quo is better than the old one
2nd November 2006 05:06 PM
SheRat
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

...and know what you're gonna get after it's bucked to death...and be damn sure that the new quo is better than the old one

It is interesting that you say this...there was, when I was in school, a trend amongst the PCers to diss separatists--whether lesbian, black power, or hippie as "chickening" out.

In my mind this was ridiculous.

Firstly, the people who want to go separatist are usually the biggest whackos anyways---let em go! They only want to deal with their own kind, more power to em! Keeps them away from me!

Second, separatists serve an important function, when we're talking about imagining new ways to "be" on the planet. It's one thing to talk about how it would be great if we all lived on a consensus-based, self-sustaining farm (see, Tenessee's "The Farm") but until someone actually goes and DOES it, we don't know if it's better. I respect the people that have come out of these "utopian imaginings" to report the problems they ran into immensely. They're trying to help make sure that the "new quo" as you put it, isn't just the "old quo" with a different haircut.

If this "new quo" they tried turned out to be the same or worse than the old, we should fucking know about it! These people went and put their money where their mouths were, instead of just talking at people acting superior about something they've never laid eyes on or experienced.

[Edited by SheRat]
2nd November 2006 05:34 PM
SheRat Are we killing the thread, Feej?

Sorry, folks.

JOHN KERRY IS AN ASSHOLE!

ANN COULTER POSSIBLY FACES PRISON TIME!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/01/coulter.voting.ap/index.html

See, I used a pic of her where she actually looks hot, because I am not partisan.

Also, I hate her, but I think this story is a bunch of bullshit mudslinging.

2nd November 2006 06:51 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

P.O.S.T.I.N. !

You are what they say , " Postin ' "
2nd November 2006 06:58 PM
glencar
quote:
SheRat wrote:
Are we killing the thread, Feej?

Sorry, folks.

JOHN KERRY IS AN ASSHOLE!

ANN COULTER POSSIBLY FACES PRISON TIME!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/01/coulter.voting.ap/index.html

See, I used a pic of her where she actually looks hot, because I am not partisan.

Also, I hate her, but I think this story is a bunch of bullshit mudslinging.

Yeah that whole story is bullshit. Felony???
2nd November 2006 07:01 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yeah that whole story is bullshit. Felony???

2nd November 2006 09:36 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Drewby wrote:
Bush is sincere when he talks about troops and i believe him. he truly believes this war is the right thing to do and so does cheney. I trust our elected officials to do the right thing and I dont think they need to apologize for doing the right thing. Although It does break my heart to see all of the deaths this war has caused. that is the hardest thing to deal with.
[Edited by Drewby]

You really aren't old enough to remember Vietnam, are you, kid? I'm guessing you have no idea who Dean Rusk (the man Joey quoted) was. "I trust our elected officials to do the right thing . . ." It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. To think I would live long enough to see a person claiming to be a Rolling Stones fan express such blind allegiance to authority. Who'd a-thunk it back in '68?

2nd November 2006 10:01 PM
Riffhard Terrorists say vote Democrat! Not that any limpwristed lib would admit it,but liberals hopes of voting out Republicans is exactly what the radical Islamists want them to do. That anyone would be stupid enough to comply is rather startling to me. These Dems are trying to blame all the world's problems on Bush,and the Islamists are laughing while they continue to plot the destruction of the free world and the death of Israel. Feel good about that libs! Feel real good.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/a...RTICLE_ID=52747

Riffy
2nd November 2006 10:28 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Terrorists say vote Democrat! Not that any limpwristed lib would admit it,but liberals hopes of voting out Republicans is exactly what the radical Islamists want them to do. That anyone would be stupid enough to comply is rather startling to me. These Dems are trying to blame all the world's problems on Bush,and the Islamists are laughing while they continue to plot the destruction of the free world and the death of Israel. Feel good about that libs! Feel real good.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/a...RTICLE_ID=52747

Riffy

Howe do we know if they are using reverse psychology when they say that? Its a common terrorists tactic, you know.
2nd November 2006 10:51 PM
pdog Being of terrorist decent myself, we always vote for Vader!
2nd November 2006 10:53 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Howe do we know if they are using reverse psychology when they say that? Its a common terrorists tactic, you know.

Howe crazy is it, for anyone to even imply a terorsit cares either way... That's the logic I don't get!
They hate Americans and capitilism and sex, booze rock and roll. They could give a rats ass about our politics, anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid, anyone who speaks it, is proving they are stupid!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)