ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Cardinals Stadium Phoenix, AZ - 8th November 2006
© Ralph Freso / East Valley Tribune
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Liveshot Kerry at it again!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
1st November 2006 04:53 PM
SheRat
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm voting Green next week. The GOP has pissed me off & the Dems will win everything in my area.

Is this a joke?

Come to the dark side, oh my dear friend Blue...;-)
1st November 2006 04:55 PM
glencar
quote:
SheRat wrote:

Is this a joke?

Come to the dark side, oh my dear friend Blue...;-)

Nope. I'm still a tax cutting type o' guy but I also care about the environment. The Bush admin is treating me badly & honestly, as I said above, my area's going Dem anyway.
1st November 2006 04:59 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nope. I'm still a tax cutting type o' guy but I also care about the environment. The Bush admin is treating me badly & honestly, as I said above, my area's going Dem anyway.

You care about the environment?...Dude...you drive a dump truck to work

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
1st November 2006 05:00 PM
Joey " You care about the environment?...Dude...you drive a dump truck to work"

1st November 2006 05:02 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:

Envoirmental dangers are a bigger threat than nukes or terorists...
1st November 2006 05:05 PM
Fiji Joe Joey?

1st November 2006 05:06 PM
pdog Joey
1st November 2006 05:09 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Envoirmental dangers are a bigger threat than nukes or terorists...

Automobile emissions kill...it's a straight up fact...I sincerely hope all concerned are doing their part

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
1st November 2006 05:10 PM
Joey " Automobile emissions kill...it's a straight up fact...I sincerely hope all concerned are doing their part"

1st November 2006 05:13 PM
Fiji Joe Cafe Hostess Jill?

1st November 2006 05:14 PM
Joey " Cafe Hostess Jill?"

http://www.timekiller.com/index~search~sex_tape.htm

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
1st November 2006 05:15 PM
rasputin56 This hasn't reached 500 yet?
1st November 2006 05:16 PM
sirmoonie Thread quality deterioration alert - RED.
1st November 2006 05:17 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Thread quality deterioration alert - RED.

1st November 2006 05:20 PM
rasputin56
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Tele's back?
1st November 2006 05:26 PM
pdog Telecaster
1st November 2006 06:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Well, I tried to spice it up with some Foley stuff. Nellcotte pointed out to me that this was off topic, so not being one to hijack a thread, I graciously backed off. Even though I do find the Foley story much funnier that this Kerry one.
1st November 2006 06:15 PM
Nellcote TTM, it's a free board, we are all off topic!
1st November 2006 06:18 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well, I tried to spice it up with some Foley stuff. Nellcotte pointed out to me that this was off topic, so not being one to hijack a thread, I graciously backed off. Even though I do find the Foley story much funnier that this Kerry one.

Foley is played out, you need something that can compete with John Kerry's stupidity, like maybe if OJ killed someone again today. Or something like that. You know, all currentwise.
1st November 2006 06:22 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Foley is played out, you need something that can compete with John Kerry's stupidity, like maybe if OJ killed someone again today. Or something like that. You know, all currentwise.

Man we DEMS can sure FRIG things up , Huh ?!?!

Hope this Lil' Miscue does NOT cost us the Senate .
1st November 2006 06:24 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

Man we DEMS can sure FRIG things up , Huh ?!?!

It already cost you the Senate. Its still costing.
1st November 2006 06:27 PM
Joey
"Education is very important...without it you might end up spending your day posting with other retards on a Rolling Stones message board"

1st November 2006 06:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:

In reality control of the Senate was never in play. Just alot of hype for the pundits to spout off. The Dems still might get the House but even that's a best case senario. They will pick up seats though.
1st November 2006 06:28 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:

"Education is very important...without it you might end up spending your day posting with other retards on a Rolling Stones message board"

I have noticed that your posting patterns are no longer contained within the 8-5 parameters as they were for so many years....did you go and get you a private sector job?
1st November 2006 06:33 PM
Joey " I have noticed that your posting patterns are no longer contained within the 8-5 parameters as they were for so many years....did you go and get you a private sector job? "

Funny ! .... it is called ' Joey be working longer hours for THE MAN ' .

Fij , you got your QWEST CENTER WHO TICKET yet ?!

1st November 2006 06:34 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I have noticed that your posting patterns are no longer contained within the 8-5 parameters as they were for so many years....did you go and get you a private sector job?

Budget surplus allowed local library to expand its hours. I blame George Walker Bush III.
1st November 2006 07:28 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Cafe Hostess Jill?"

http://www.timekiller.com/index~search~sex_tape.htm

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]

SNIFF..stinks in here
1st November 2006 07:30 PM
Nellcote Just heard this guy on the radio, talking about how this story was broken. Thought the 1st person account might shed additional light of the circumstances...

Wednesday, November 1, 2006
How the John Kerry/Iraq Story Really Broke

The way that the story of John Kerry’s comments about education and getting “stuck in Iraq” became blockbuster news is rather humorous and tells us a lot about the nature of our modern news media. Believe it or not, there was a very excellent chance that Kerry’s comments could have been made without creating anything close to even a minor incident. There are many reasons why that rather likely scenario was not allowed to occur. Here is how it really all went down.

My show’s standard policy is to be taping at least one local TV newscast in the hours before my program just in case some extraordinary happens. On most nights we tape the local NBC affiliate (Channel 4 in Los Angeles) mostly because they are right across the street from KFI’s studios and we know a lot of the performers who work there. On some nights we forget to roll any tape at all or there is a technical problem with the tape itself.

On Monday evening around 6 pm I was prepping for my show when I saw a report on KNBC from Conan Nolan (an excellent reporter who has been on my show before). The taped package focused on a Phil Angelides campaign event that including, among others, Senator John Kerry. I listened to the story with only half interest because Angelides has zero chance of being Governor and is usually so boring I often fall asleep before he is finished speaking. Nolan’s package was presented in as routine a fashion as possible with absolutely zero indication that anything out of the ordinary had occurred. He stated in his voiceover that Kerry had told the crowd at Pasadena City College that if more Democrats got elected that more kids could go to college. Immediately after that lead in, the packaged piece played the now infamous clip of Kerry appearing to say that if you don’t study you could end up being a failure, forced to join the military, and “get stuck in Iraq.” Nolan’s report rolled on as if Kerry had said nothing more noteworthy than “the sky is blue and the grass is green” and no further mention of the remark was made.

I was immediately thunderstruck by what I thought I had heard. My show plays a lot of sound bites from public people saying really stupid things, but this one appeared to me to be simply off the charts. It sounded to me like he just said that if you are too dumb to be a success you may end up at the bottom of the barrel and held against your will fighting as a soldier in Iraq. Even as low an opinion as I have for John Kerry, I was not totally confident that I had not just misunderstood what I had heard. After all, not even John Kerry is THAT stupid. Heck, everyone knows that Yale graduates aren’t dumb (unless of course they are named Bush).

I quickly asked my producer Lisa Goich whether we were, in fact, taping Channel 4 and thankfully she told me we were. We then found the clip and realized that what I thought I heard Kerry say was exactly what he had really said. Everyone on my show, as well as Justin Levine a producer for Bill Handel’s morning show, agreed that this statement was outrageous and very news worthy.

I decided to take a chance and lead my program with the news of the Kerry gaffe that only one local TV station who was at the Angelides event had even bothered to play (and again that was totally without fanfare or context). Over the next three hours I played the clip at least 10 times and predicted (laughably now) that no outlet other than KFI would disseminate what was clearly an disgraceful comment made by a man who two years ago was about 100,00 votes in Ohio from being the Commander in Chief.

But as played the clips I was struck by the enormous number of e-mails I received from listeners urging me to please post the audio on our website so that they could send it to other people and news outlets. It quickly became apparent to me that this statement had hit a nerve in a very big way.

After some initial frustration in our attempt to post the audio on the KFI website (thanks to the efforts of Lisa Goich, a liberal who needed to first learn the secret handshake to be part of this “vast right-wing conspiracy,” and our promotions person Kristin Osborn, it finally got done), the audio soon began spreading like a wildfire across the internet. First, it was posted on Michelemalkin.com and Hotair.com where it got national exposure. Then, through the efforts of us at KFI and many others who bombarded the Drudge Report with links to the audio on our website, within about four hours of being aired on our show the story went absolutely nuclear when around midnight Pacific Time when it was prominently placed on the preeminent news website in the world.

Getting on Drudge when it did was critical not just because of the massive media play that any link there automatically receives, but because it was vitally important that the story get legs before sunrise on the east coast. Since Kerry had made the statement on Monday evening, had it not made Drudge until after noon on Tuesday it very well may never have caught fire and would have been considered “old” or at least inherently “suspicious,” especially so close to an election. Instead, the entire national news cycle was dictated by John McCain’s very early morning call for an apology from Kerry which NEVER would have happened without the Drudge link to the audio (as well as one of our listeners putting the video up on YouTube.com).

After McCain’s statement the story had turbo power (after all, if McCain says it the “mainstream” media must take it seriously) and then Kerry sent it into orbit with his bizarre and nonsensical attempts to explain the comment away without an apology.

I am certainly not the only reason why this story became the monster it currently is. Heck, if Conan Nolan had not been the ONLY reporter at the actual event who didn’t have his head in some liberalism-induced fog and therefore the only one who even bothered to allow his viewers to even be exposed to the statement, it never would have had any chance to even get off the launching pad. However, if I had changed the channel or gone to do any one of a hundred things that I normally do in the hour before a show, or if the KFI staff had not been able to get the audio clip on our website in time, I sincerely believe that, for better or worse, the chances of John Kerry’s statement become major news would have been about as great as his current opportunity to be a significant Presidential candidate in 2008.

http://www.johnziegler.com/
1st November 2006 08:04 PM
PeerQueer John Kerry is an asshole.

No way that fuckwit should have been given the pass to run for President. Unfucking believable.

The entire 48-hour news cycle has now shifted to, "Did you hear what John Kerry said about our soldiers?" Republicans are gaining back momentum at this most crucial time during an all-out battle for control of the House and Senate.

The Democratic Party is in a complete shambles.

The Republicans are as vulnerable as they have been since Watergate, and the Dems still can't capitalize.

Give me a legitimate 3rd party please!

Enough of this shit!

Even France laughs at us...
1st November 2006 08:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The Dems can't cope with Lee Atwater tactics. If anyone ever let a genie out of a bottle it was him.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)