ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Cardinals Stadium Phoenix, AZ - 8th November 2006
© Ralph Freso / East Valley Tribune
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Liveshot Kerry at it again!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
2nd November 2006 01:27 PM
Drewby
quote:
jb wrote:
- over 6yrs of power and little to show for it....
[Edited by jb]

I completely disagree with that because we are at war and look at what we have accomplished in the middle east. Freed afaganistan and Iraq and they now have a constitution and can make their own decisions, which will benefit the middle east and america in the long run. Yes, Iraq may be bloody, but thats what its going to take to accomplish our goal of peace throughout the world and to rid the world of terror...
2nd November 2006 01:31 PM
Joey
quote:
Drewby wrote:

Yes, Iraq may be bloody, but thats what its going to take to accomplish our goal of peace throughout the world and to rid the world of terror...

" I believe we made two mistakes in judgment regarding the war , we underestimated the sheer TENACITY of the insurgency and we overestimated the patience of the American People " ( Dean Rusk , former Secretary of State : 1961 - 1969 ) .

2nd November 2006 01:36 PM
Drewby And the patience of the AMerican people part is the most right. Our troops are more tenacious than the insurgents in my opinion.
[Edited by Drewby]
2nd November 2006 01:42 PM
jb I think an objective view of the middle-east is that is is certainly a much more dangerous place than when W took over. Bush made it a point to do the complete opposite oif anything that Clinton started. From ignoring the Middle-East peace plan to discussions with N. Korea, this administration chose to ignore and thus, we live in a much more dangerous world. As far as Iraq, we can agree to disagree about whether we should have gone in..Nonetheless, we did so with out adequate man power and failed to have any plan for post war insurgecy. Many generals, unheard of in the past, have stated publicly that Rumsfeld had no rationale plan for this post war period(and no, the generals were not all democrats). We sent men without proper armour, filed equipment, and most importanly, not enough man power..thus, we are stuck in a colassal mess. We have no choice now but to win...if we lose, this will have ramifications that will make or withdrwal from Vietnam look like a day in t he park.
On top of allof this, Iran moves faster towards nukes, N. Korea already has them, and Russia and China block any attempt to sanction these nations. Even you republicans have to be a bit concerned.
Lastly, this fake economy, only maintained b/c of our unsatiated appetite to spend, is not helping the middle-class. Too many people look at the stock market, and fail to realize that the majority of Americans are not being benefiited by Wall Street re-emergence. More jobs are beinbg created, but they are low paying , minimum wage jobs, not the stronger jobs in the manufacturing sect. Yes, guys like me, in the top 2% earning bracket are doing great, but 95% of the rest of the country is struggling from pay check to pay check. Yet, Bush and the republicans keep spending, have asked our troops to make the ultimate sacrifice, while we at home are asked to do nothing....
2nd November 2006 01:46 PM
Fiji Joe "I am convinced a volunteer army would be an army of the poor and the black and the brown,"

John Kerry - 1972

Wrong again...I served for 11 years and met not one jew
2nd November 2006 01:49 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
"I am convinced a volunteer army would be an army of the poor and the black and the brown,"

John Kerry - 1972

Wrong again...I served for 11 years and met not one jew

Your point? My Mom's 6 brothers all fought for this country in WW2 and Korea. The are thousands of Jewish War Vets from all eras...
2nd November 2006 01:51 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

The are thousands of Jewish War Vets from all eras...

True...but they are disproportionately underrepresented in the United States Arms forces....my point?...I don't have a fucking point!...just posting botched jokes and looking for an apologist
2nd November 2006 01:52 PM
Drewby
quote:
jb wrote:
I think an objective view of the middle-east is that is is certainly a much more dangerous place than when W took over. Bush made it a point to do the complete opposite oif anything that Clinton started. From ignoring the Middle-East peace plan to discussions with N. Korea, this administration chose to ignore and thus, we live in a much more dangerous world. As far as Iraq, we can agree to disagree about whether we should have gone in..Nonetheless, we did so with out adequate man power and failed to have any plan for post war insurgecy. Many generals, unheard of in the past, have stated publicly that Rumsfeld had no rationale plan for this post war period(and no, the generals were not all democrats). We sent men without proper armour, filed equipment, and most importanly, not enough man power..thus, we are stuck in a colassal mess. We have no choice now but to win...if we lose, this will have ramifications that will make or withdrwal from Vietnam look like a day in t he park.
On top of allof this, Iran moves faster towards nukes, N. Korea already has them, and Russia and China block any attempt to sanction these nations. Even you republicans have to be a bit concerned.
Lastly, this fake economy, only maintained b/c of our unsatiated appetite to spend, is not helping the middle-class. Too many people look at the stock market, and fail to realize that the majority of Americans are not being benefiited by Wall Street re-emergence. More jobs are beinbg created, but they are low paying , minimum wage jobs, not the stronger jobs in the manufacturing sect. Yes, guys like me, in the top 2% earning bracket are doing great, but 95% of the rest of the country is struggling from pay check to pay check. Yet, Bush and the republicans keep spending, have asked our troops to make the ultimate sacrifice, while we at home are asked to do nothing....

How can it be more dangerous with sadaam in a jail cell?

We have destroyed the infrastructure of al queda and it is
only a matter of time before damage their system so bad, they wont be able to function anymore.

It does concern me about the nukes tho. that is scary and I am very worried about the long term effects of this.

My parents are middle class people and they are making more money than they ever have. i dont know a lot about th eeconomy tho.
2nd November 2006 01:54 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

True...but they are disproportionately underrepresented in the United States Arms forces....my point?...I don't have a fucking point!...just posting botched jokes and looking for an apologist

Considering we are less than 3% of the general population, I think the proportion serving is about right. The "apologist' should be Chickenhawks like Cheney and Bush who rush to send other kids to die, while actively avoiding service. They all everyone an apology.
2nd November 2006 01:58 PM
Drewby Bush is sincere when he talks about troops and i believe him. he truly believes this war is the right thing to do and so does cheney. I trust our elected officials to do the right thing and I dont think they need to apologize for doing the right thing. Although It does break my heart to see all of the deaths this war has caused. that is the hardest thing to deal with.
[Edited by Drewby]
2nd November 2006 02:03 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

Considering we are less than 3% of the general population, I think the proportion serving is about right. The "apologist' should be Chickenhawks like Cheney and Bush who rush to send other kids to die, while actively avoiding service. They all everyone an apology.

The United States military is nowhere close to 3% jewish...bullocks...But this I know...that chickenhawk administration, the one you feel owes everyone apology, is comprised of a hell of a lot more than 3% jews...right?...as has been every administration in the last 60 years...more so than any other ethnicity on the planet the jews have held a grossly disproportionate membership in our government while the opposite being true of their membership in our military...I think this backdrop is what allows you to be an apologist for the man who pissed on MY people
2nd November 2006 02:08 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

The United States military is nowhere close to 3% jewish...bullocks...But this I know...that chickenhawk administration, the one you feel owes everyone apology, is comprised of a hell of a lot more than 3% jews...right?...as has been every administration in the last 60 years...more so than any other ethnicity on the planet the jews have held a grossly disproportionate membership in our government while the opposite being true of their membership in our military...I think this backdrop is what allows you to be an apologist for the man who pissed on MY people

WHAT IS YOUR POINT? And upon further review, the actual Jewish population in the US is only 2%.
[Edited by jb]
2nd November 2006 02:12 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

It's all just botched jokes and whatnot...you should take it as compliment that I think your people are too educated and smart to end up stuck in "Irak"...Much better to be the ones who send other men to war than to be the one who actually has to fight it

This stuff does not bother you does it?
2nd November 2006 02:20 PM
glencar Did Kerry have that much disrespect that long ago? And why wasn't that quote played 2 years ago?
2nd November 2006 02:23 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

I find it highly offensive and resent it to be honest...last I knew Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld are not jews..

You resent it?...good we're square...because I resent your wholly illogical defense of Kerry's comments...you know damn well what he meant...yet you think so little of our fighting men and women that you go to kooky Oliver Stone like lengths to defend that statement and explain it away...I can see how baseless stereotypical comments about your people might offend you...but again, no offense should be taken...my apologist will be here any minute and demonstrate to you, with excerpts from my prepared speech, that this was all just a botched joke and that in reality, I have the utmost respect for jews and jew sympathizers
2nd November 2006 02:23 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Did Kerry have that much disrespect that long ago? And why wasn't that quote played 2 years ago?

Were the republicans offended by Bush's "joke" at the press corp. dinner a few years ago when he repeatedly joked about the location of weapons of mass destruction? I think that is a hell of a lot more disrespectful considering that was, obstensibly, the reason we went in Iraq. You have to be, as Fox news says, "fair and balanced" in your crticism.
2nd November 2006 02:29 PM
Fiji Joe "And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the - of - the historical customs, religious customs"

John F. Kerry----

This from the party that gave us this...

and this...

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
2nd November 2006 02:29 PM
glencar Bush took his criticism at the time for it. Try to keep the focus on "Liveshot Kerry" because that's who's in the title of this thread. I remember a certain monkey used to always change the subject too.
2nd November 2006 02:39 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!

2nd November 2006 02:42 PM
pdog When I enlisted I didn't put down a religion, I went in Agnostic, knowing in the foxhole I would find God!
2nd November 2006 02:44 PM
Joey " And the patience of the AMerican people part is the most right. "

Dean Rusk felt that the Amercian People will give you EXACTLY THREE YEARS to win a War .

After that ....... you had better just CHUCK IT !!!!

Ho " CHI " Joe !
2nd November 2006 02:44 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:
When I enlisted I didn't put down a religion, I went in Agnostic, knowing in the foxhole I would find God!

My apologist is here...good...I was beginning to think these folks weren't getting my botched jokes
2nd November 2006 02:47 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

My apologist is here...good...I was beginning to think these folks weren't getting my botched jokes

All your jokes are botched, it's what makes you Feej!
2nd November 2006 02:47 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
I remember a certain monkey used to always change the subject too.

You talking to me???
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
2nd November 2006 02:58 PM
glencar LOL No, the one that ran away.
2nd November 2006 03:01 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL No, the one that ran away.

I get a kick out of Glenn Beck being offended by Charlie rangel calling Cheney an SOB...did he forget about Cheney telling Sen. Patrick Leahy of Vermont to "fuck off"?
2nd November 2006 03:05 PM
pdog people get offended to easy by lightweight shit, and not offended enough by stuff that actually matters in this country!
2nd November 2006 03:06 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

I get a kick out of Glenn Beck being offended by Charlie rangel calling Cheney an SOB...did he forget about Cheney telling Sen. Patrick Leahy of Vermont to "fuck off"?

Glenn Beck? I think I agree with him but he seems rather dull. Like that Nanny Grace. Can't watch 'em.
2nd November 2006 03:08 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Glenn Beck? I think I agree with him but he seems rather dull. Like that Nanny Grace. Can't watch 'em.

Nancy Grace is soooo lame! Imagine if her and Bill O'Reilly had kids together...
2nd November 2006 03:12 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)