ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Parmy
Soldier Field, Chicago, IL - 10th September 2005
© 2005 Parmeda, thansk a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hurricane Katrina (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
September 2nd, 2005 03:11 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

The trillion dollar question is whether they learn from their mistakes or rebuild in the same spot.

I say rebuild and charge the trillion dollars to the national debt ( now already approaching ten trillion ) .

I say , " Sell Corn " !!!!

[ Edited by Baby Steelie ]
[Edited by Joey]
September 2nd, 2005 03:12 PM
glencar Joey, please, the adults are talking. Come back later.
September 2nd, 2005 03:14 PM
tumbled
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joey, please, the adults are talking. Come back later.

rudeness is not necessary glen car you are showing your true colors and they aint pretty
September 2nd, 2005 03:15 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joey, please, the adults are talking. Come back later.

September 2nd, 2005 03:16 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Racism sucks but it shouldn't provide the excuse for people shooting at helicopters that are coming to save their black elders & children.

how do you know it was blacks that shot at the hellicopters? Is it b/c we kept seeing all those black looters? That's my point, watch TV see blacks doing bad things. Tens of thousand are trying to stay alive and maybe a few hundred have gone berzerko.
There's people dying in places that aren't under threats to prevent getting help in, your argument doesn't hold water with me.
How come on TV shows like Cops we only see the negros and white trash folks getting arrested? It's b/c it feeds into our national mindset of prejudices and expected beghaviors from certain groups.
When the relaity is that these groups are being represented in a way that goes back to the days of human slavery. I don't expect people to just change the ways we think. I think it would help if we at least take it into our brains when approaching these situations. At least try to step into their shoes.
The gangs who were shooting before this happened are still shooting now. It's sad, but these very gangs have been theatening their own communities for years and years. I see no reason to let that be important now, when collectively we didn't give a shit about them last week. They stay away from us, it's their problem attitude. Black on black violence is a problem, more so it's the symptom of much larger problems.
There's reason why the steam on pot blows up when it's trapped inside and boiling. It's also a natural fear to step back from the pot thinking it might blow up.
Race is a huge issue... I'm just saying we need to accept the reality that we have a really long way to go... Throwing money at the problem won't help. I see it as a spiritual malady, that will be healed with people like SS who are willing to be of service to other humans in need. The only thing is we need to be like this in areas that aren't immeadiate disasters, the wonds I'm talking about run deep.
September 2nd, 2005 03:20 PM
glencar
quote:
tumbled wrote:

rudeness is not necessary glen car you are showing your true colors and they aint pretty

Uh, that's called a joke. I often say that to Joey when he posts non-sequiters on a serious thread. Take your offended sense of propriety elsewhere & shove it!
September 2nd, 2005 03:23 PM
glencar Pdog, I agreed that racism is still a major problem in my previous post. Why does "Cops" show mostly blacks & white trash getting arrested? Because white collar crime is dull TV. And most middle class people couldn't be bought off with $100 to sign that release form.
September 2nd, 2005 03:24 PM
glencar And I agree that racism is a spiritual/attitudinal malady & that throwing money at it won't solve anything. Not enough, at any rate.
September 2nd, 2005 03:30 PM
Jumping Jack Where is Jessie when we need him? The race card will clearly improve this situation.
September 2nd, 2005 03:31 PM
glencar Jackson or Helms?
September 2nd, 2005 03:32 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Pdog, I agreed that racism is still a major problem in my previous post. Why does "Cops" show mostly blacks & white trash getting arrested? Because white collar crime is dull TV. And most middle class people couldn't be bought off with $100 to sign that release form.

That's true...
So, why does a show like that need to exist, if not to only exploit and increase our believes these people are made that way and should be feared. It's not what i call entertainment. Unfortunately I see our national media leading this way of delivering these messages, and the pundits on all sides exploit it.
Democrats say, throw money at the problem.
Republicans say, the problem is gone, we're all equal now, get over it.
It's a problem living in our minds! I wish We, as a people took a more mindful approach. Looked at the problem for what it is, and actually treated it like a sickness. I don't see it any different than my alchoholism. I got a broken brain, my problem isn't booze. Booze was my solution. It takes a change in the way we view ourselves and the racism to even begin to accept it's really there. I maybe alone in my thinknig on this, BUT!!! I think alot of us are in a big state of denial about what's the real problem. We live in fear. I think a solution is possible, and it'll take a long time. I just hope that both political parties would accept the fact that it's not gone and money isn't the solution.
I'm v=coming from a very lonely feeling POV, most people I know seem to pretty fucking prejudice in these matters or in complete denial they even exist.
September 2nd, 2005 03:34 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
And I agree that racism is a spiritual/attitudinal malady & that throwing money at it won't solve anything. Not enough, at any rate.

Dude! I really, really like you!
glencar The show exists because enough people still want to see it. I happen to like those true crime shows on Court TV & most of those killers are middle class whites.
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Uh, excuse me sir....HOW ABOUT GO FIND SOME MORE FUCKING CHOPPERS!!!! GO FIND MORE AMPHIBIOUS TRUCKS!!! GET FOOD WATER AND MEDICINE WHERE IT'S NEEDED!!!! LEAD GODDAMMIT!!

What the FUCK is this guy doing????

Be PATIENT, my friend. He's almost done reading "My Pet Goat". Then he'll get right on it.
September 2nd, 2005 03:36 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

Dude! I really, really like you!

And I like you even if we disagree about W & other things. I look forward to greeting you in a couple of weeks!
September 2nd, 2005 03:40 PM
pdog
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Where is Jessie when we need him? The race card will clearly improve this situation.

The race card makes me sick!
Exploiting your own people.
Admitting I watch Rockstar INXS, is bringing me great shame. LOL!
The other night the only black performer on the show, pulled out the race card when he was eliminated. I never thought he wasn't right for INXS b/c of his color, I just thought he wasn't that good. Pointing out racism isn't a bad thing, but using it as an excuse all the times is a huge part of the problem...
Racism goes both ways, and being prejudice back, no matter how justified is just as wrong. Unfortunaltely we've been traveling this way for a very long time.
I should get back to just feeling bad for those suffering in New Orleans. I don't want to forget what's really important right now is bigger than our national issue of prejudice and pride!
I'm so gay for watching this show!
September 2nd, 2005 03:42 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
When I saw footage, I saw mostly black people, in the streets, on the rooftops, in the stadium/dome. Must be extra hard on the poor people right? I feel for them.

Truer words...

BTW: by now, nearly every civilized country in the world has offered help, from emergency relief stuff (tents, vehicles, water-cleaning units...) to technical personnel, or in the form of money. And there are several ways to help. European countries are sending also fuel for the vehicles, since so many US refineries have shut down. Europe, Canada, Japan, China, Australia, Arab Emirates, several Caribeen or South American countries responded to yesterday's official statement that the USA would accept help. UN and NATO offered their emergency expert teams, of course. Even poor Sri Lanka made a gesture in donating $50,000 to the American Red Cross.
September 2nd, 2005 03:47 PM
Jumping Jack That is very good news and the gesture and help is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!!!

In the wise words of our fearless leader:
'prreciate that! :-)
September 2nd, 2005 03:50 PM
monkey_man
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Be PATIENT, my friend. He's almost done reading "My Pet Goat". Then he'll get right on it.

LOL too true!
September 2nd, 2005 04:02 PM
monkey_man Why isn't Donald Rumsfeld on the TV saying "Freedom is untidy!" the way he did about the looting in Baghdad. "You're seeing the same Plasma screen TV being stolen over and over again on the news"
September 2nd, 2005 04:06 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

The race card makes me sick!
Exploiting your own people.
Admitting I watch Rockstar INXS, is bringing me great shame. LOL!
The other night the only black performer on the show, pulled out the race card when he was eliminated. I never thought he wasn't right for INXS b/c of his color, I just thought he wasn't that good. Pointing out racism isn't a bad thing, but using it as an excuse all the times is a huge part of the problem...
Racism goes both ways, and being prejudice back, no matter how justified is just as wrong. Unfortunaltely we've been traveling this way for a very long time.
I should get back to just feeling bad for those suffering in New Orleans. I don't want to forget what's really important right now is bigger than our national issue of prejudice and pride!
I'm so gay for watching this show!

LOL Pdog, I almost brought this up earlier but I didn't know if you watched the show too. Ty was too theatrical for a rock band. Perhaps he should've tried out for Queen instead. But pulling the race card was horrible although I think MiG should've been gone long ago, certainly before Ty.
September 2nd, 2005 04:06 PM
egon
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

Truer words...

BTW: by now, nearly every civilized country in the world has offered help, from emergency relief stuff (tents, vehicles, water-cleaning units...) to technical personnel, or in the form of money. And there are several ways to help. European countries are sending also fuel for the vehicles, since so many US refineries have shut down. Europe, Canada, Japan, China, Australia, Arab Emirates, several Caribeen or South American countries responded to yesterday's official statement that the USA would accept help. UN and NATO offered their emergency expert teams, of course. Even poor Sri Lanka made a gesture in donating $50,000 to the American Red Cross.

and you must mention FRANCE my dear monkey.
Yes France too has offered to help!
September 2nd, 2005 04:08 PM
glencar
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

Truer words...

We in America appreciate this. Over at a conservative site I frequent, the writers are blaming the locals but no one is giving our Prez a fee pass. He has been slow to react & he needs to kick it into gear. The local authorities have screwed the pooch but that's water under the bridge.
September 2nd, 2005 04:09 PM
glencar
quote:
egon wrote:

France, all is forgiven!
September 2nd, 2005 04:09 PM
The_Worst I can't believe a fucking hurricane has turned into a race issue... New Orleans is one of the poorest cities in the country. In addition, most of it's residents are black. As a result, the majority of the people stranded are black. HOWEVER, it's not like the whites have been all helicopter lifted & the blacks have been left to die. Anyone who was in the city when the levee broke is in the same situation whether they were black, white, red, or yellow. I cannot believe that people are make this a race issue!!! I honestly cannot believe the bullshit that is being spewed by the so-called "intelligent posters" on this board...

UNFUCKINGBELIEVEABLE!!!
September 2nd, 2005 04:12 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
egon wrote:

I did. I said European countries.
September 2nd, 2005 04:13 PM
egon you know france is not Europe. not really anyway
September 2nd, 2005 04:14 PM
glencar The_Worst, I think it's just part of an ongoing discussion. I just read stuff at DU.com which is much, much worse.
September 2nd, 2005 04:26 PM
Poplar thank god all the liberal bitches are out today.
cause now is certainly the time for sarcastic jabs and tired old shtick.

what kind of moron can hold ONE MAN responsible for all of this, and yeah, mention 9/11 like he can be blamed for that too. Fine, have it your way: THIS IS ALL W'S FAULT!!!!

never in my life can i remember a poorer lot of shrill cry-babies.

[Edited by Poplar]
September 2nd, 2005 04:27 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
The_Worst, I think it's just part of an ongoing discussion. I just read stuff at DU.com which is much, much worse.

You SHALL be greeted !!!!!!

**** One hour and counting till ' Pub Time ' !!! ****
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)