ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Parmy
Soldier Field, Chicago, IL - 10th September 2005
© 2005 Parmeda, thansk a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hurricane Katrina (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
September 2nd, 2005 09:24 PM
glencar LJ, I don't think anyone disagrees with you. I certainly don't. But when crazy people are saying crazy things, whether it's Denny Hastert or Michael Moore, I will point it out. It's the American Way, right?
September 2nd, 2005 09:28 PM
LadyJane Blue I'm so tired of all the fighting.

I'm so drained from watching this horror.

I come here and see more ridiculous behavior.

I'm just asking for a truce.....for a little perspective.

Besides...a week from tonight we'll be in Parmeda's backyard celebrating.

LJ.

PS..I watch Rock Star INX too. Marty is THE man!!!!!
September 2nd, 2005 09:34 PM
glencar LOL Only a week away! Looking forward...Still ahven't settled on a hotel. I've got 3 reservations. One's at Midway Airport, one's N. Mich Ave & the other's in the "medical district." Parmeda told me the 1st & 3rd have access to the El (or whatever they call it these days) & I'm sure the 2nd does. Least I have show tix & an airline tick!
September 2nd, 2005 09:39 PM
LadyJane The "medical district"?????

LMFAO.

Better keep that one "just in case".

We are going to have so much fun....will Joshy show????

LJ.
September 2nd, 2005 09:40 PM
glencar I hope not!
September 2nd, 2005 09:42 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Blue I'm so tired of all the fighting.

I'm so drained from watching this horror.

I come here and see more ridiculous behavior.

I'm just asking for a truce.....for a little perspective.

Besides...a week from tonight we'll be in Parmeda's backyard celebrating.

LJ.

PS..I watch Rock Star INX too. Marty is THE man!!!!!

Honey I think you are dead on right. This event has everyone's nerves frazzled. I just get very upset at people(on either side of the political fence) trying to put all the blame on one person,or one party. That picture says more about the utter incompetance of the local pols in NO than any words ever could,but I have said from the begining that Bush's team bears plenty of their own share of blame. Everyone dropped the ball on this thing. I just hope that some very valuble lessons were learned,because this has made the USA look like a third world country. I feel like I'm watching some horrible events unfold in Bangladesh or Somolia. Yet the buses sit. Flooded. Empty. Useless. Like tits on a bull. Worthless.

Riffhard
September 2nd, 2005 09:42 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
I hope not!

You hope JB doesn't show???????????????

You have no idea howe much fun it was to order the best drink at the Four Seasons and tell the bartender "charge it to Mr L."

Simply delicious.

I know you meant the medical part....alcohol poisoning came to mind, nothing else.

LJ.
September 2nd, 2005 09:48 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Honey I think you are dead on right. This event has everyone's nerves frazzled. I just get very upset at people(on either side of the political fence) trying to put all the blame on one person,or one party. That picture says more about the utter incompetance of the local pols in NO than any words ever could,but I have said from the begining that Bush's team bears plenty of their own share of blame. Everyone dropped the ball on this thing. I just hope that some very valuble lessons were learned,because this has made the USA look like a third world country. I feel like I'm watching some horrible events unfold in Bangladesh or Somolia. Yet the buses sit. Flooded. Empty. Useless. Like tits on a bull. Worthless.

Riffhard

Amen.....I agree with everything you said.

Ahem....Mr. Riffy. Do I understand you are hosting A Bigger Bang listening party???

Do tell......

LJ.
September 2nd, 2005 09:59 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Look at the picture FatFuck and tell me who's fault it is that those buses sit a municipal lot?!<

Just so you know...a school bus will not work in any kind of standing water. You get a deisel engine wet and it craps out. They don't have spark plugs to keep the engine firing and running. Moving people in a school bus would have run the risk of blocking the evacuation routes. I would be willing to bet, someone from his EMA team told him he couldn't use those school busses.

Army dueces are built to keep the engine compartment dry in standing water. An Abrams tank is equiped with snorkeling for the engine so it can operate in standing water. A school bus is not.

We didn't use school busses when we did evac for Ivan.
September 2nd, 2005 10:01 PM
Riffhard Did Macky let the Rat out of the bag? Yes,indeed,Lady Jane,I will be hosting "A Very Special Episode" of RatTracks with A Bigger Bang!! It will go down this Sunday,and you,and everyone else are invited,nay encouraged,to listen. You know the drill go to www.wrat.com and listen via live stream. I will be giving props to Rocks Off as well as The Couch!!!

Riffhard
September 2nd, 2005 10:07 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Look at the picture FatFuck and tell me who's fault it is that those buses sit a municipal lot?!<

Just so you know...a school bus will not work in any kind of standing water. You get a deisel engine wet and it craps out. They don't have spark plugs to keep the engine firing and running. Moving people in a school bus would have run the risk of blocking the evacuation routes. I would be willing to bet, someone from his EMA team told him he couldn't use those school busses.

Army dueces are built to keep the engine compartment dry in standing water. An Abrams tank is equiped with snorkeling for the engine so it can operate in standing water. A school bus is not.

We didn't use school busses when we did evac for Ivan.

True SS,but remember there was three days notice prior to the storm about the likelyhood of a massive flood. Plus there were an additional 36 hours prior to the floods after the hurricane. In other words,had any decent contigancy plans been put into affect the buses would have encountered no standing water at all. The mandatory evacuation order was put into affect long before the levees broke. The buses would have done yeomans work on moving those without transportation had a contingancy plan been put into affect prior to the floods. Coulda,shoulda,woulda.

Riffhard
September 2nd, 2005 10:19 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Did Macky let the Rat out of the bag? Yes,indeed,Lady Jane,I will be hosting "A Very Special Episode" of RatTracks with A Bigger Bang!! It will go down this Sunday,and you,and everyone else are invited,nay encouraged,to listen. You know the drill go to www.wrat.com and listen via live stream. I will be giving props to Rocks Off as well as The Couch!!!

Riffhard

Oh yeah,I forgot to mention the time. Here's all the details.

RatTracks
Sunday Sept. 4th
8:30 pm EST.
A Bigger Bang from start to finnish.
With commentary from The Rat's own Stonesphile Steve Hook (that's me)
www.wrat.com via live stream.

Riffhard
[Edited by Riffhard]
September 2nd, 2005 10:21 PM
LadyJane Cool...I'll be listening.

Psssst...Ladies...Riffy has a very sexy voice.

LJ.
September 2nd, 2005 10:25 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Sorry, Riffy, I only see 3 people in this picture!

"FAVORITE BANDS: THERE ARE NO BANDS..THERE ARE THE ROLLING STONES, AND THEN THE WORLD STOPPED."

...atta boy!
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
September 2nd, 2005 10:26 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Cool...I'll be listening.

Psssst...Ladies...Riffy has a very sexy voice.

LJ.

Oh,Lady Jane you're too kind. You are a very intelligant woman with a worldclass rack,and gorgeous red hair!

Riffhard
September 2nd, 2005 10:28 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Sorry, Riffy, I only see 3 people in this picture!

"FAVORITE BANDS: THERE ARE NO BANDS..THERE ARE THE ROLLING STONES, AND THEN THE WORLD STOPPED."

...atta boy!
[Edited by Lazy Bones]

LOL! I'm the blond with the worldclass rack!

Riffhard
September 2nd, 2005 10:30 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

...sorry. What?
September 2nd, 2005 10:31 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Oh yeah,I forgot to mention the time. Here's all the details.

RatTracks
Sunday Sept. 3rd
8:30 pm EST.
A Bigger Bang from start to finnish.
www.wrat.com via live stream.

Riffhard

Damn, I'm out tomorrow night. 2.30 AM... I'll be in the bar drinking. Too bad, would have loved to listen!
September 2nd, 2005 10:33 PM
Angiegirl "THE WORST THING ABOUT BEING STEVE: NOT BEING MICK."

LMAO!
September 2nd, 2005 10:37 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

yup

Saw that earlier on Drudge, that pic pretty much says it all right there, dont it

Any of you people ever driven thru Louisiana, I know when I've crossed the state lines from Tx to La just by the piss poor conditions of the roads, LA roads haven't been paved in ages, rough, full of holes and shit, real crap to drive on and their pretty indicative of La's infrastructure as a whole

La's is one of the poorest states in the union, they got the oil & gas in the southern areas, fishing, and tourism industries and that's really about it

Every year a hurricane hits that region and everyone talks about this one being "the big one" that gonna wipe 'Nawlins of the map, and it never has, people have got too comfy living with the lack of disaster that I think most of them felt they were impervious to it by now.

Nobody evacuates just outta blind courage, but this time it really happened, thankfully most did evacuate mainly due to the magnitude of the hurricane, but it wasn't the hurricane that caused the dammage. It was what, a 200 year old levee system that busted from all the buildup of water after the hurricane was over

They've known the entire thing has been in dire need of an upgrade for decades, but just like every other piece of La's infrastructure its been ignored

This things exactly like 9/11, people sat on their asses and ignored the problem for years hoping it'll solve itself or will go away until it took a serious catastrophe and people's lives to open their eyes to the fact that there's a serious problem that needs to be fixed

as for the rioters, looters and thieves in the streets of the big easy....I say shoot the bastards, they're only obstructing the relief efforts for the victims that are innocent and need help

you'd think La's governor would have contingency plans in place for these kinda emergancy, but I'm sure its been ignored cause no one thought it would really happen, maybe next time they'll get on the stick and at least get the buses out in time...

[Edited by Bloozehound]
September 2nd, 2005 10:37 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

LOL...the hanging yellow sign in the background should read - "The Rack Rocks"!
September 2nd, 2005 10:41 PM
glencar Angie, It's Sunday night. Surely you won't be drinking then too?!? Luckily I'll be home & listening to WRAT if I can get it to work.
September 2nd, 2005 10:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Excepts from this article http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8CCBJ0G0.htm?campaign_id=apn_home_down&chan=db

Total donations passed the $200 million mark by Friday, four days after the storm slammed into the Gulf Coast. The bulk of those funds were collected by The American Red Cross, which said it has already raised $196.9 million from individuals and corporations.

But with needs still impossible to estimate and likely to stretch on for months, relief groups say they don't know how much will be enough. And they caution that, for all the desperation to help the victims, they are facing numerous complications, including being barred by government officials from distributing aid in New Orleans.

------------------

But all the groups said their efforts were limited in important ways.

"We are not in New Orleans," the Red Cross' Dodge said. The federal Department of "Homeland Security has basically told us they don't want us, our Red Cross folks, in New Orleans because our presence would keep people from evacuating."

Other groups also reported that they were not being allowed into the city. MAP International said it was working to send medical supplies to a New Orleans hospital, but that the shipment was being held up by a difficulty in getting the credentials needed for drivers to get through roadblocks set up by the National Guard.
September 2nd, 2005 10:44 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
"THE WORST THING ABOUT BEING STEVE: NOT BEING MICK."

LMAO!

Pretty funny bio huh? Just so guys know I did not write it,but I stand by every word of it. Well,every word except the parts about politics! LOL! A very wiseass promotions director wrote that.He thought that I would rewrite it,but me,being the lazy fat fuck I am,chose to let it ride.

Riffhard
September 2nd, 2005 10:44 PM
Angiegirl Well, it's either Saturday Sep 3 or Sunday Sep 4! Which is it? If it's indeed Sunday then I'll be able to tune in! At least for a little bit anyway.
September 2nd, 2005 10:51 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Well, it's either Saturday Sep 3 or Sunday Sep 4! Which is it? If it's indeed Sunday then I'll be able to tune in! At least for a little bit anyway.

Oops! I meant Sunday Sept. 4th!

I'll edit that post. Thanks Angie! So can I count on your attendance then?

Riffhard
[Edited by Riffhard]
September 2nd, 2005 10:54 PM
Angiegirl Cool! Yeah, I'll put a note up on my stereo equipment so I don't forget, sounds really fun, especially the idea of being so far away from it and still listening live lol!
September 2nd, 2005 10:54 PM
glencar
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Excepts from this article http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8CCBJ0G0.htm?campaign_id=apn_home_down&chan=db

Total donations passed the $200 million mark by Friday, four days after the storm slammed into the Gulf Coast. The bulk of those funds were collected by The American Red Cross, which said it has already raised $196.9 million from individuals and corporations.

But with needs still impossible to estimate and likely to stretch on for months, relief groups say they don't know how much will be enough. And they caution that, for all the desperation to help the victims, they are facing numerous complications, including being barred by government officials from distributing aid in New Orleans.

------------------

But all the groups said their efforts were limited in important ways.

"We are not in New Orleans," the Red Cross' Dodge said. The federal Department of "Homeland Security has basically told us they don't want us, our Red Cross folks, in New Orleans because our presence would keep people from evacuating."

Other groups also reported that they were not being allowed into the city. MAP International said it was working to send medical supplies to a New Orleans hospital, but that the shipment was being held up by a difficulty in getting the credentials needed for drivers to get through roadblocks set up by the National Guard.

I just hope Kanye West's dumb remarks don't hurt relief efforts!
September 2nd, 2005 10:57 PM
Nellcote Hey SS!
School busses would've worked Sunday, as there was no rain!
If we are going to be armchairquarterbacking, the blame pie better include hizzhonor the Mayor Nagin. Alas, as Blooze put it, everyone in Nawlins never thought they'd get hit with the big one. Look, it's basic like this. You see problems around your house, you fix them. Local and state governments should act the same way. Louisiana is a tragic example of how a state & city got sidetracked of the important items. Ignoring a problem for the greater part of the 20th century does not give Nawlins or Louisiana a free pass.

BTW, as I'm not posting as much as I used to starting this week, should I not get a chance to, if you get called to go to Nawlins to help out, best of luck.

[Edited by Nellcote]
September 2nd, 2005 11:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
I just hope Kanye West's dumb remarks don't hurt relief efforts!

I don't think they will.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)