ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine a Light" World Premier
The 58th Berlinale International Film Festival - February 7, 2008
© Andreas Fechner with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hillary Leads ................. ( Stones Content ) ..... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
15th January 2008 06:16 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I'm closest to Ron Paul, furthest from Thompson, but voting from Hillary.

Hi Jizzy !!!!!

15th January 2008 07:13 PM
lotsajizz hey Joey!!

I'm about to be weedin'! et tu?

15th January 2008 11:00 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
hey Joey!!

I'm about to be weedin'! et tu?

Yes Jizzy .............. Weedin' !

Weedy

15th January 2008 11:13 PM
MikeyC613
quote:
texile wrote:

obama may seem naive, but the party's foundation has always been built in part by that idealism and sense of hope.
at least that's a thousand miles from the clinton's masturbatory sense of entitlement.

A-fucking MEN
16th January 2008 09:50 AM
Joey
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:

A-fucking MEN

What ?!

...are we not Corky's ?!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16th January 2008 12:03 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:

What ?!

...are we not Corky's ?!

Best Eagles ever lil' pumpkin...lil' Joey...now...be a dear and help mommy draw a foot bath

W-W-W-What???...Oh sure

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
16th January 2008 12:33 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

******** ? *************

Goodbye Everyone !!!!

*** cue ' Late Show ' theme song !!! ***

JJJJJJJJJJJACKY CAKES
16th January 2008 12:37 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:

Goodbye Everyone !!!!

later freakshow
16th January 2008 12:39 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

later freakshow

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*** Joey now busts out laughing here at the office !! ***
16th January 2008 01:36 PM
tumbled Hi Joey.

Correction Appended
Sir Edmund Hillary, the lanky New Zealand mountaineer and explorer who with Tenzing Norgay, his Sherpa guide, won worldwide acclaim in 1953 by becoming the first to scale the 29,035-foot summit of Mount Everest, the world’s tallest peak, died Friday in Auckland, New Zealand. He was 88.

His death was announced by Prime Minister Helen Clark of New Zealand.
In the annals of great heroic exploits, the conquest of Mount Everest by Sir Edmund and Mr. Norgay ranks with the first trek to the South Pole by Roald Amundsen in 1911 and the first solo nonstop trans-Atlantic flight by Charles A. Lindbergh in 1927.
By 1953, nearly a century after British surveyors had established that the Himalayan peak on the Nepal-Tibet border was the highest point on earth, many climbers considered the mountain all but unconquerable. The summit was 5 ½ vertical miles above sea level (up where today’s jets fly): an otherworldly place of yawning crevasses and 100-mile-an-hour winds, of perpetual cold and air so thin that the human brain and lungs do not function properly in it.
Numerous Everest expeditions had failed, and dozens of experienced mountaineers, including many Sherpas, the Nepalese people famed as climbers, had been killed — buried in avalanches or lost and frozen in sudden storms that roared over the dizzying escarpments. One who vanished, in 1924, was George Leigh Mallory, known for snapping when asked why climb Everest, “Because it is there!” His body was found in the ice 75 years later, in 1999, about 2,000 feet below the summit.
Sir Edmund and Mr. Norgay were part of a Royal Geographical Society-Alpine Club expedition led by Col. Henry Cecil John Hunt — a siege group that included a dozen climbers, 35 Sherpa guides and 350 porters carrying 18 tons of food and equipment. Their route was the treacherous South Col, facing Nepal.
After a series of climbs by coordinated teams to establish ever-higher camps on the icy slopes and perilous rock ledges, Tom Bourdillon and Dr. Charles Evans were the first team to attempt the summit, but gave up at 28,720 feet — 315 feet from the top — beaten back by exhaustion, a storm that shrouded them in ice and oxygen-tank failures.
Sir Edmund, then 33, and Mr. Norgay, 39, made the next assault. They first established a bivouac at 27,900 feet on a rock ledge six feet wide and canted at a 30-degree angle. There, holding their tent against a howling gale as the temperatures plunged to 30 degrees below zero, they spent the night.
At 6:30 a.m. on May 29, 1953, cheered by clearing skies, they began the final attack. Carrying enough oxygen for seven hours and counting on picking up two partly filled tanks left by Dr. Evans and Mr. Bourdillon, they moved out. Roped together, cutting toe-holds with their ice axes, first one man leading and then the other, they inched up a steep, knife-edged ridge southeast of the summit.
Halfway up, Sir Edmund recalled in “High Adventure” (1955, Oxford University Press), they discovered soft snow under them. “Immediately I realized we were on dangerous ground,” he said. “Suddenly, with a dull breaking noise, an area of crust all around me about six feet in diameter broke off.” He slid backward 20 or 30 feet before regaining a hold. “It was a nasty shock,” he said. “I could look down 10,000 feet between my legs.”
Farther up, they encountered what was later named the Hillary Step — a sheer face of rock and ice 40 feet high that Sir Edmund called “the most formidable obstacle on the ridge.” But they found a vertical crack and managed to climb it by bracing feet against one side and backs against the other. The last few yards to the summit were relatively easy.
“As I chipped steps, I wondered how long we could keep it up,” Sir Edmund said. “Then I realized that the ridge, instead of rising ahead, now dropped sharply away. I looked upward to see a narrow ridge running up to a sharp point. A few more whacks of the ice ax and we stood on the summit.”
The vast panorama of the Himalayas lay before them: fleecy clouds and the pastel shades of Tibet to the north, and in all directions sweeping ranks of jagged mountains, cloud-filled valleys, great natural amphitheaters of snow and rock, and the glittering Kangshung Glacier 10,000 feet below.
There was a modest celebration. “We shook hands and then, casting Anglo-Saxon formalities aside, we thumped each other on the back until forced to stop from lack of breath,” Sir Edmund remembered. They took photographs and left a crucifix for Colonel Hunt, the expedition leader. Mr. Norgay, a Buddhist, buried biscuits and chocolate as an offering to the gods of Everest. Then they ate a mint cake, strapped on their oxygen tanks and began the climb down.

(emph.added by tumbled)

Romney's Kendal Mint Cake to be precise --------}

[Edited by tumbled]
[Edited by tumbled]
16th January 2008 01:55 PM
glencar The real Hillary was a good guy. The other one is just an entitled twit.
16th January 2008 01:58 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
The real Hillary was a good guy. The other one is just an entitled twit.

It's true Blue...Joey = John Lee Hacker

Just when you thought he couldn't take his freakness up another notch...he's now conversing with himself using other people's posts

Cross country trip with mom my ass...that was an intervention...and it failed
16th January 2008 02:01 PM
tumbled Fiji Joe, would you mind cluing the other 1,000 people here as to why you and Joey hate ea other. I'm not talking to Glencar b/c he is voting on the dumb side but he has to {want to} change himself.
[Edited by tumbled]
16th January 2008 02:02 PM
glencar Just like every other attempt at Joey Intervention. The guy should have his own Intervention TV network...
16th January 2008 02:03 PM
glencar
quote:
tumbled wrote:
Fiji Joe, would you mind cluing the other 1,000 people here as to why you and Joey hate ea other. I'm not talking to Glencar b/c he is voting on the dumb side but he has to {want to} change himself.
[Edited by tumbled]

I ain't talking to you either. Ainchoo the one goes out with other gals' hubbies?
16th January 2008 02:03 PM
tumbled
just say no to drugs Joey .. go with Romney's Kendal mint cake
16th January 2008 02:08 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
tumbled wrote:
Fiji Joe, would you mind cluing the other 1,000 people here as to why you and Joey hate ea other. I'm not talking to Glencar b/c he is voting on the dumb side but he has to {want to} change himself.
[Edited by tumbled]

I don't hate joey...the question is, why is he so freakishly obsessed with certain people who post here?...If you will notice, he mentions my name constantly...yet, I only address him on rare occasions...roughly once every two weeks..so kindly address your questions to that cornhusker freak who has been following me around from post to post here for going on 5 years...seriously...ask him
16th January 2008 02:10 PM
glencar Fiji, did you ever meet Joey at that Omahahaha show? THAT would have been worthy of a thread.
16th January 2008 02:10 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
I ain't talking to you either. Ainchoo the one goes out with other gals' hubbies?

For the record...I hate meth heads and home wreckers...I hate them...neither are very responsible and both are very selfish...others are free to disagree with me
16th January 2008 02:14 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Fiji, did you ever meet Joey at that Omahahaha show? THAT would have been worthy of a thread.

Long Island whitebread please...that is a meeting that will never occur...if there is one thing that this board has taught me, it's that the internet is indeed filled with some genuine nutjobs...you have to tread lightly...I've had good experiences with the people I've met from this board...I can't think of one person I've met that wasn't down to earth and a pleasure to meet...I'd like to keep it that way...I'd also like to avoid being held captive in a man-love pit...so no...there will be no Joey meeting
16th January 2008 02:15 PM
glencar http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/01/16/kings_son_says_clinton_erred/
16th January 2008 02:16 PM
glencar "Long Island whitebread please..." I might have to "Joey" that at some point...
16th January 2008 02:34 PM
tumbled

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
[/quote]

wow the liver is in such an odd place on a kitty who knew?

why did joey do somethign to you PERSONALLY? if not, then why not let it go man if its not about you ? half stuff aint worth bogging down about. don't Bog !

[Edited by tumbled]
16th January 2008 02:37 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
tumbled wrote:

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

thanks feedge.
[/quote]

If you tie a sock around a cat's midsection, it cannot keep its balance very well...same thing happens when you cut one set of its whiskers off, and leave the other set be...you can also get the same results if you blow pot in their face...but wasting weed on a smelly cat is just stupid
16th January 2008 02:37 PM
Dan
quote:
tumbled wrote:

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

[/quote]

16th January 2008 02:39 PM
tumbled
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

thanks feedge.

If you tie a sock around a cat's midsection, it cannot keep its balance very well...same thing happens when you cut one set of its whiskers off, and leave the other set be...you can also get the same results if you blow pot in their face...but wasting weed on a smelly cat is just stupid
[/quote]

Fiji you need a laxative or something man..

maybe you should step away from the bong and go and have a little walk outside and get some fresh air hm?
16th January 2008 02:40 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
tumbled wrote:

why did joey do somethign to you PERSONALLY? if not, then why not let it go man if its not about you ? half stuff aint worth bogging down about. don't Bog !

Who's bogged down?...I'm just giving what I'm getting...so pipe down...seriously...or address the parties equally...when you get your own band of creepy stalkers, come talk to me
16th January 2008 02:41 PM
glencar Fiji, she's a bit like Crackers w/o the talent. I'd place her on "Ignore" & talk about her over on the other board. Definitely catshit crazy...
16th January 2008 02:45 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
tumbled wrote:

Fiji you need a laxative or something man..

maybe you should step away from the bong and go and have a little walk outside and get some fresh air hm?
[/quote]

It's obvious you are trying to start crap with me...and well, frankly, you haven't paid nearly enough dues for me to help you make a name...you suck at it anyway...oh yeah...I know...there's the members of Team Tardite that will you pat you on the back...but there's a reason they're on that team in the first place...you don't wanna be on that team...think about it...you don't
16th January 2008 02:50 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Fiji, she's a bit like Crackers w/o the talent. I'd place her on "Ignore" & talk about her over on the other board. Definitely catshit crazy...

I see...I think it took me all over 5 posts to figure that out...I love to spar...you know that...but for fuck's sake, lately, there's been nothing but one hand-picked retard after another thrown in the ring with me...the public is starting to get suspicious...shouts of "fixed...fixed"...shades of the Gulf of Tonkin
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)