ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine a Light" World Premier
The 58th Berlinale International Film Festival - February 7, 2008
© Andreas Fechner with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hillary Leads ................. ( Stones Content ) ..... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
29th January 2008 03:33 PM
glencar
29th January 2008 03:34 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

Fuck the goddam Flag-Burning Amendment, what we really needed was a goddam Flag-Dragging Amendment!
29th January 2008 03:36 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Nazis? It sure as hell isn't conservatives!

And the GOP is no longer a true conservative party---instead supporting State intervention into people's sex lives, the substances they do at home, the doctor-patient relationship...shit they even reversed fifty years of opposition to Keynesian econmics by not only supporting this BS 'stimulus' package but actually advocating for it in the extreme. The GOP is just a big government/big business conglomerate nowadays....so, yes, they are most similar to the Nazis nowadays.....

29th January 2008 03:37 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
glencar wrote:
BTW It should be noted that except for Portugal & Spain, fascism didn't last too long in most countries.

Franco saved Spain.
29th January 2008 03:38 PM
mojoman
quote:
glencar wrote:

funny!!!
29th January 2008 03:40 PM
mojoman
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Franco saved Spain.

Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead
29th January 2008 03:41 PM
gimmekeef Riffy, its the generalizations that irk me most.I'm liberal in many ways yet tend to be tough on crime and support the fact we need to fight terrorism or be doomed.But my point was Coulter and others want to brush anyone such as me in a totally negative way...and it pisses me off.They've been very adept at making the word liberal mean anti American to further their agenda and I feel its a gross injustice to many centrists.
29th January 2008 03:47 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:

I knew you'd like that one, Blue.

LJ.
29th January 2008 03:47 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
BTW It should be noted that except for Portugal & Spain, fascism didn't last too long in most countries. Unlike say, communism...

It depends on how strict a definition you have of fascism. I include authoritarian and totalitarian states in my definition. By that measure, fasciscm is alive and well today.
29th January 2008 03:48 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Riffy, its the generalizations that irk me most.I'm liberal in many ways yet tend to be tough on crime and support the fact we need to fight terrorism or be doomed.But my point was Coulter and others want to brush anyone such as me in a totally negative way...and it pisses me off.They've been very adept at making the word liberal mean anti American to further their agenda and I feel its a gross injustice to many centrists.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
29th January 2008 04:06 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Anne once made the comment that we should invade other countries, kill their leaders, and convert them all to Christianity. The libs went nuts in typical lib fashion. However, her point was that that is exactly what radical Islamists are trying to do. Are they not trying to kill world leaders and convert the masses to their own brand of 7th century Islam?! Of course they are!! Where is the liberal outrage over that?! So her point is well taken.

Riffy

Her point is well-taken? You mean, that we should be the moral equivalent of fanatical adherents of medieval religious philosophies? Okally-dokally.
29th January 2008 04:25 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Her point is well-taken? You mean, that we should be the moral equivalent of fanatical adherents of medieval religious philosophies? Okally-dokally.

No. That's not what she meant at all. The context of what she said went like this, paraphrasing here-"Maybe we should just invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them all to Christianity. Then maybe liberals would go along with it. After all they are not raising any hell about the thousands of people that have died at the hand of Islam by this very same method!

It was meant in a tongue in cheek snarky way to get a rise out of liberals. It worked. Yet still I don't hear shit about the thousands of dead innocents that radical Islam is fully responsible for. Rather the hard left points at the USA and says we caused them to hate us therefore we are to blame for the results of their actions.

I am talking about people like this guy here.

Gee, he kinda looks like a Nazi to me.

Riffy
29th January 2008 05:42 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Gee, he kinda looks like a Nazi to me.

no way man...wahtever you might say about the Nazis...they were always very snappy dressers
29th January 2008 05:52 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

no way man...wahtever you might say about the Nazis...they were always very snappy dressers

Word.

29th January 2008 07:02 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I knew you'd like that one, Blue.

LJ.

LOL You have a keen eye, LJ. I couldn't log into www.maxlugar.com but I should have credited it you here...
30th January 2008 01:05 AM
Brainbell Jangler Riffy presents a classic strawman argument. That nutjob Ward Churchill is no liberal; he's a self-described radical, who despises liberals the same way Limbaugh's ditto-heads hate moderate Republican "squishes." And please remember that all decent people, including liberals and even the French, were united against the 9/11 atrocities. Bush destroyed that unity with his Iraq adventure. Iraq was no threat to the US and Saddam was no friend of al Qaeda, no matter how many times the linkage lie is repeated. Opposing the Iraq invasion is not sympathy for the Tikriti devil. I assume Riffy doesn't support the Darfur genocide or the Mugabe regime any more than I do, yet I doubt he wants to see us invade Zimbabwe or Sudan. Coultergeist enrages liberals--and conservatives with consciences--not because she is clever or insightful, but because she is an unscrupulous demagogue with no concern for truth, decency or logic.
30th January 2008 05:28 AM
lotsajizz it's always easier for the feeji & rifftards of the world to argue against what they wish was said rather than what was actually said---they never let facts get in the way of a good pontification.....
30th January 2008 11:25 AM
TampabayStone Photobucket
30th January 2008 12:34 PM
monkey_man I loved Newsdays headline yesterday : Goodbye Rudy Tuesday
30th January 2008 12:49 PM
sirmoonie Only John McCain can lead us out of the easily forseen George Walker Bush III created recession that he single-handedly caused because he's a big government, big spending, big deficit, debt exporting retard.
30th January 2008 02:49 PM
gimmekeef Seriously..would anyone leave the room with their own $5 on table top with any of these candidates there?..What a joke
30th January 2008 02:54 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Only John McCain can lead us out of the easily forseen George Walker Bush III created recession that he single-handedly caused because he's a big government, big spending, big deficit, debt exporting retard.

This election will be about the past vs. the future. With Edwards out, the Dems will nominate the future: Obama. Let's hope the GOP nominates the Grumpy Old Person.
30th January 2008 02:55 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Seriously..would anyone leave the room with their own $5 on table top with any of these candidates there?..What a joke

I'd trust McCaine w/my pin #.
30th January 2008 02:58 PM
glencar
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Seriously..would anyone leave the room with their own $5 on table top with any of these candidates there?..What a joke

I'd trust McC with it.
30th January 2008 03:04 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

This election will be about the past vs. the future. With Edwards out, the Dems will nominate the future: Obama. Let's hope the GOP nominates the Grumpy Old Person.

Why do you hate old people?...Seriously, for a hippy, you sure do spend a lot of time hating...
30th January 2008 03:06 PM
gimmekeef Well 2 quick votes for McCain...interesting as I spose the trust factor may carry the day when all is said and done.
30th January 2008 03:13 PM
glencar I think I trust Obama too. I disagree with him but I find him honest. Can't say that about any Clinton...EVER!
30th January 2008 03:14 PM
glencar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Why do you hate old people?...Seriously, for a hippy, you sure do spend a lot of time hating...

BJ's gotta be in his late 40's. And the hag is just past 60. We're all getting older.
30th January 2008 03:14 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

I'd trust McCaine w/my pin #.

Google "Keating Five" amd then tell me you'd still do that

OK now
30th January 2008 03:15 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Why do you support child molestation?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)