ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Springsteen album & tour October 2nd (NSC) PT. II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18th November 2007 05:14 PM
Gazza Meg got wristband #76. I think they're waiting on the lottery draw to find out how close they're going to get down front.
18th November 2007 08:53 PM
parmeda Bless our little Meg... She got a great spot!

Photo isn't too clear, but she's up there!

18th November 2007 09:27 PM
parmeda As I texted Meg back after receiving this, "I'd know that ass in a line-up of 1000...".

Blurry or not, I'd know it!

18th November 2007 09:28 PM
LadyJane WTF???
Is she ON STAGE???

GO MEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
18th November 2007 09:33 PM
parmeda I'm sure she had to run like a fricken gazzelle to get that spot. She might not be "on" the stage, but her body has to be on a first named basis with the damn framework by now! LOL
18th November 2007 09:53 PM
LadyJane she Does appreciate Bruce's ass.
I'll give her that.
I can see that lil firecracker running to the front.
ROCC is proud, Meg.

LJ.
18th November 2007 10:09 PM
parmeda Hey, LJ - still need help tomorrow?
Let me know...

You just GOTTA see that ass
18th November 2007 10:15 PM
Mel Belli "Jungleland" tonight! Did someone record for Gazza?!
18th November 2007 10:22 PM
parmeda Mel, please stay on topic; for which it is at this moment: Bruce's ass

(I'm kidding!)
Gazza is going to do backflips over Jungleland - Meg just hooked me up with a brief clip (Thanks, Meg!)

So, you have any backside pics of Bruce to share, or what???
18th November 2007 10:36 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Mel, please stay on topic; for which it is at this moment: Bruce's ass

(I'm kidding!)
Gazza is going to do backflips over Jungleland - Meg just hooked me up with a brief clip (Thanks, Meg!)

So, you have any backside pics of Bruce to share, or what???

My profuse apologies! I'm wondering, given TomL's thread today, how limber Bruce is in that general area
19th November 2007 07:57 AM
Nellcote Terrific 1st night.
We got Jackson Cage, as well as a magnificent Jungleland
Bigman's sax solo went went on forever.
Nils shines on Tunnel of Love.
Meg was that close, hanging on the rail, Silvio's side.
We were above the clouds, touching the roof, one row from the top, tough to get 4 good seats together. Meg noted she saw Peter Wolf prowling around, wonder what this will bring for 2nite...
Met up with Meg, Queen and Meg's friend, as well as Left Shoe Shuffle was an extreme hoot. More quality time today...
Watching Bruce fire off terrific tuneage live, getting text updates of the Pats game from Buffalo, does not get much better than that.....
19th November 2007 10:58 AM
Gazza Lucky bastards all of ya. Meg texted me in advance last night to say she'd seen 'Jungleland' on the setlist, so I knew you were probably getting it. Got a couple of clips on the cellphone too.

Have a great night tonight. I predict Peter Wolf as guest on 'Dirty Water' and at least one tour premiere for the 2007 US finale and the last gig before they come over here to enthrall us..
[Edited by Gazza]
19th November 2007 11:19 AM
jostorm
quote:
parmeda wrote:
As I texted Meg back after receiving this, "I'd know that ass in a line-up of 1000...".

Blurry or not, I'd know it!

The question is, Meg, did you take the picture of his ass 1) on purpose or 2) because of the delay on your digital camera ? If 1) then could we please have our own "50 great male asses of Rock'n Roll" thread soon???
19th November 2007 12:38 PM
SweetVirginia Make no mistake, Jo...that was meant to be an ass shot.

19th November 2007 06:12 PM
Gazza Colder today in Boston it seems.

Some pics of the gang. Same mob as before but with Left Shoe Shuffle this time.

Just got a text from Meg. Dont expect any pics later as she says the ban on cameras is being strictly enforced (I THINK she was being serious) but the good news is that they're all in the pit tonight.

19th November 2007 09:25 PM
Gazza Lucky buggers have just got "This Hard Land", "Sandy" and "E Street Shuffle" back to back.
[Edited by Gazza]
20th November 2007 04:41 AM
Ade great to see Meg is getting such good shows.

Still hoping for a London ticket 'drop'
20th November 2007 07:48 AM
Gazza great setlist to close the first US leg. 24 songs, 2 and a half hours and tour premieres for both "this Hard land" and "10th Avenue Freeze out". That 1-2-3 punch of This Hard land/Sandy/E Street Shuffle would have knocked me cold, and I doubt i would have come 'round in time for 'Kittys Back in the encore.

On a more sobering note, last night appeared to confirm a lot of recent internet rumours that Danny Federici is leaving the tour for medical reasons. A lot of reliance on early E Street Band songs (3 from the 2nd album)and Bruce bringing him out to the centre for the final bow.

(Pic by baerb/Greasylake.org)

Here's hoping its nothing too serious and he'll be able to rejoin the band as soon as possible.
[Edited by Gazza]
20th November 2007 10:56 AM
Joey

Gazza ...........................

Bruce Springsteen will be performing at THE QWEST ( The Q ) on 03/14/08 .

Yes , you SHALL be greeted :

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2620&u_sid=10189544

" Springsteen will play at Qwest Center in March "

" Better clear March 14 on your calendar. "

" Tickets for the Bruce Springsteen concert March 14 go on sale Dec. 8. Springsteen last played in Nebraska in 1984.The Boss is coming to town.

That's right. Rock star Bruce Springsteen is scheduled to play the Qwest Center Omaha at 7:30 that Friday night.

And he's bringing the E Street Band with him.

Springsteen and the group will be in the middle of their first full-scale tour of the U.S. and Europe since 2003.

Tickets for the Omaha show are $67 and $97 and will go on sale at 10 a.m. Dec. 8 at the box office, Ticketmaster outlets, www.ticketmaster.com or 422-1212.

The capacity of the show is expected to be a little over 17,000.

The concert is one that arena officials have been wanting to land "since the day we opened," said Tom O'Gorman, vice president of corporate sales and marketing for the Qwest Center Omaha.

"It's a big deal," he said, adding that more high-profile shows are planned for 2008.

Springsteen joins a growing list of superstar acts at the arena since it opened four years ago. Paul McCartney, U2, the Rolling Stones, Billy Joel and Elton John all have played there.

The tour, which kicked off Oct. 2, is in support of the new Springsteen album, "Magic."

The CD, which debuted at No. 1, is the band's first new studio album since 2002's Grammy Award-winning "The Rising."

The 58-year-old Rock and Roll Hall of Famer last played in Nebraska in November 1984 at the Devaney Center in Lincoln.

At that show, he performed the haunting title track off his 1982 masterpiece, "Nebraska." The song recounts Charles Starkweather's 1958 murder spree from the killer's point of view. Springsteen dedicated the song to Ninette Beaver, a former newswoman at Omaha's KMTV-Channel 3, who had reported on the case. He called her when he was writing the song to ask her about Starkweather.

At the 1984 concert, Springsteen donated $10,000 to be split between the Omaha and Lincoln food banks.

In his four-decade career, the New Jersey singer-songwriter has won acclaim for his exuberant rock music, eloquent, thought-provoking lyrics and knack for making his live shows a celebration.

As a teenager in the mid-1960s, Springsteen played in several rock and blues bands. In the early '70s, he performed acoustic folk shows in Greenwich Village. He was signed in 1972 to Columbia Records, the label he continues to work with today.

Time magazine proclaimed him "Rock's New Sensation" on the cover of its Oct. 27, 1975, issue. Shortly after that, he played at the Civic Auditorium Music Hall.

In June 2006, Springsteen performed in Des Moines as part of a tour in support of the Pete Seeger tribute album, "We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions."

Because of a scheduling conflict at the Qwest Center Omaha, the tour went to the Wells Fargo Arena, where it drew about 5,000 fans.

His current tour features a two-hour-plus show of new and vintage material.

In a review of his Nov. 11 concert in Washington, D.C., the Baltimore Sun wrote: "The show featured Springsteen in an exuberant mood. Gone was the somberness that characterized much of the Devils and Dust tour of 2005 and the hootenanny feel of last year's Seeger Sessions tour, with its emphasis on folk, gospel and blues. This was The Boss, back as rock legend."

E Street Band members are Roy Bittan (keyboards); Clarence Clemons (saxophone, percussion); Danny Federici (keyboards); Nils Lofgren (guitar); Springsteen's wife, Patti Scialfa (vocals, guitar); Garry Tallent (bass); Steven Van Zandt (guitar); and Max Weinberg (drums). "

www.QWESTCENTER.com

20th November 2007 11:18 AM
Nellcote How could the 2nd night out-do the 1st?
Meg, Peggy & I got picked for the pit, that's how!
One row from the Boss, with such a terrific selection
of songs, energy from the band, it was outstanding.
Looking back on the night, it was evident that a focus
was made towards Mr. Federici, as he was being lauded
by Bruce quite frequently. When he strapped on the accordian for Sandy, it was about the highlight of any Bruce show I've seen. At that, it's not fair to note that as the highlight, as the song selection was superb. Even Peter Wolf made an appearance, harmoninzing on Tenth. With the evening that it was, it was a wise choice not to have played Dirty Water, a signature duet when Bruce comes to Bahston, as he always performs this with Wolf. It was a special, magical night, enjoyed with some special folks, indeed. Met up with Left Shoe on both nights, here's lookin at you Leftie, we had a great time!

I waited until the show was over to confront the lout who tried to muscle his way between myself & the stage. The guy had an unobstructed view where he was, and he got greedy.
Tried to push thru me, I told him to "adjust his thinking" in so many words. He waited for me as we were walking out. I replied to his banter, which, in hindsight was dumb, however, it is what it is. Security recognized he was a bit of a fool, let the 3 of us out a different exit so as not to further the joust. Earlier in the night, it was not hard to hear this windbag crowing how he attempted to insult Arite Lange & Ba Ba Booey, they of the Howard Stern show, who were behind us in the pit. He kept saying they were going to put him on the show. He was a real handful, this guido, and that's coming from a authentic Paisan!
As Tony Soprano once said, "all in all, it was a good visit..."
20th November 2007 11:27 AM
GotToRollMe So happy for you guys. Nellie, Meg, Leftie, and Queenie - gold rings on yuz!
20th November 2007 12:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

Gazza ...........................

Bruce Springsteen will be performing at THE QWEST ( The Q ) on 03/14/08 .

Yes , you SHALL be greeted :

Christ, whats going on down there?

The Stones, The Who, Dylan, Springsteen/E Street Band

Has word got around the entertainment biz that Cafe Hostess Jill is putting out on 'all fours' for every passing rock legend or something?
20th November 2007 12:36 PM
Gazza Many more sping dates now confirmed

February 28 Hartford, CT HCC Arena (On sale now)
March 2 Montreal, QC Bell Centre (Nov. 24)
March 3 Hamilton, ONT Copps Coliseum (Nov. 23)
March 6 Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena (Sold out)
March 7 Buffalo, NY HSBC Arena (On sale now)
March 10 Hempstead, NY Nassau Coliseum (Jan. 19)
March 14 Omaha, NE Quest Center (Dec. 8)
March 16 St. Paul, MN Xcel Center (On sale now)
March 17 Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center (Nov. 26)
March 20 Indianapolis, IN Canseco Center (Dec. 8)
March 22 Cincinnati, OH U.S. Bank Arena (Dec. 1)
March 24 Columbus, OH Schottenstein Center (Dec. 1)
March 28 Portland, OR The Rose Garden (Dec. 8)
March 29 Seattle, WA Key Arena (Dec. 8)
March 31 Vancouver, BC GM Place (Nov. 30)
April 4 Sacramento, CA Arco Arena (Jan. 19)
April 5 San Jose, CA HPPavillion at San Jose (Jan. 21)
April 7 Anaheim, CA Honda Center (On sale now)
April 8 Anaheim, CA Honda Center (On sale now)
April 13 Dallas, TX TBA (TBA)
April 14 Houston, TX TBA (TBA)
April 18 Ft Lauderdale, FL Bank Atlantic Center (Dec. 1)
April 19 Orlando, FL Amway Arena (Dec. 1)
April 21 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum (Dec. 1)
April 25 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena (On sale now)
April 27 Charlotte, NC Charlotte Bobcat Arena (Dec. 7)
April 28 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum (Dec. 7)
April 30 Charlottesville, VA John Paul Jones Arena (TBA)
20th November 2007 12:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

Looking back on the night, it was evident that a focus
was made towards Mr. Federici, as he was being lauded
by Bruce quite frequently.

A video can speak a thousand words, Nellie

[Edited by Gazza]
20th November 2007 03:06 PM
PartyDoll MEG Home and still in a state of shock and sensory overload! Anyone who has seen Bruce and sees him 2 days in a row will understand what I mean! And it is all a good thing!!

Nelly was a great host for my friends and me and what a great time we had pubbing and site seeing. It was a pleasure to hang with Nelly and Leftie. We RO'ers do have some "special connection" thing going on...then you add Bruce and the PIT to the equation..well it almost ranks up there with mind blowing sex!!
Of course on our site seeing, we had to make a stop to get LJ and Parmeda the latest modeling shot of our RO Bahsten friend.

Back to Bruuuuccee... Sunday in the Pit was unbelievable and I wish my phone would not have flashed "out of memory" after the great ass shot I did have, girls. Being that close is an experience that has now spoiled me... Jungleland had me in goosebumps the enire 11 or so minutes it lasted. No tears LJ and Gaz..but hugging all around with the diehards I was standing with. Words not there to explain how good the show was...then comes Monday

We got together and had a few Guinness at a few pubs after more foot-wrecking sight seeing. Peggy had to get her photo taken by Paul Revere's grave..Just imagine the 3 of us walking around this old graveyard looking for it
Leftie joined us for some brews.

Well then off to the Gaahden.. It was much colder Monday. We were wondering how we would manage to survive 2 hours in this bitter cold if we did get into the Pit, as Sunday was bad enough. Peggy got a cheap hat from a street vendor(it is already falling apart) and we were told to "suck it up" as it wasn't that cold. Herded together like cattle before the Pit drawing, it was rather cozy and warm, so we were OK. And low and behold a second day of shock and wonder..PIT.. The management got it together the second night and didn't make us wait outside.

I wasn't sure how Bruce was gonna top Sunday's show..but he did. We stood on Clarence's side and my eagle eyes did spend time watching Danny . It was evident that the rumor was true about this being his last show as the Band gravitated towards him the entire night. And what a night! The energy level was off the wall. The threesome of Darkness, Candy and She's the One nearly knocked the wind out of my sails.. Oh but that wasn't enough we then add Sandy which produced goosebumps on both Nelly and my arms, and then add a little This Hard Land,E Street Shuffle, and 10th Avenue Freeze-out, topped off by Kitty. Unbelievable!! And then the final bow... and then the tears did flow.

P.S. Thanks for the video Gazza and the reminder of how poignant the final bow was. I see the tall assholes in black who stood in front of us far right of the drums and not sure if that is me or not. But that is where we were.

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
21st November 2007 10:44 AM
PartyDoll MEG Backstreets finally has review of Monday show up:

11/19, BOSTON
Amid rumors that Danny Federici's health would prevent him from making the trip to Europe next week, Bruce and the E Street Band closed out their North American leg with a stunner of a show in Boston. And while we believe strongly in respecting his privacy, we simply can't talk about this night without talking about Danny. His talent, the band's love for the man, the crowd's love for the man -- all were there for all to see. This show was all about Dan Federici. The setlist (and oh, what a setlist) was clearly crafted with him in mind. There were the two tour premieres -- "This Hard Land" giving Danny a stretched-out solo spot, "Tenth Avenue Freeze-out" recalling the formation of the E Street Band, of which Danny was of course a founding member (easy to forget that only he, Clarence, and Garry go all the way back). And then the three songs from those Wild & Innocent early days -- reprising the "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)"/"E Street Shuffle" two-fer from Albany, and adding "Kitty's Back" for good measure -- all of which gave Danny chances to shine.

Federici's "Kitty" solo, at Bruce's urging, went on and on. "Sandy," too, was a spotlight moment, with Danny strapping on the accordion; bringing him front and center, Bruce called out, "Ladies and Gentlemen, winner of the Ted Mack Amateur Hour!" Tossed-off ad lib that it was, that remains a significant moment to me as I think back on the show today. It was a night of good humor. It was a night of musicianship, of history, of shared history, and of the joy of making music together in the present moment. It wasn't a maudlin night. There was no overt reference to any leave of absence, certainly no mention of any health issues. What do you do in the face of those things instead? You get up there and play. And they played their hearts out. "Darkness" was ablaze. The whacked-out funk coda of "E Street Shuffle" was a killer, with Max going nuts on the drums. "The Rising" was more determined than I've heard it since '03. "Tenth Avenue Freeze-out" was a blast, and wicked tight, even with a way-loose Peter Wolf up there shakin' it with Patti.

And what else do you do? If you're Nils, you spend as much time as you can up on the organ riser, playing shoulder-to-shoulder. If you're Bruce, you head over to Danny during the bows at show's end and throw your arm around him, with a look on your face that says "godammit, I know we said we weren't going to talk about this tonight, but you can't stop me from doing this," and you bring him to the center of the pack, and he takes a bow of his own. And if you're the crowd, you chant "Danny! Danny! Danny!" It was as spontaneous as the "E Street Band" chant at Madison Square Garden on July 1, 2000 -- with fewer dry eyes, I imagine, both onstage and off.
-Photograph by A.M. Saddler

21st November 2007 11:28 AM
PartyDoll MEG Another statement just in from backstreets:

From Chris:

Greetings!

Rumors about Danny's health -- not unfounded, sadly -- have grown louder in recent days, particularly since the moving Magic performance in Boston on Monday night [see my review of that night here].

We now have an official statement, and since a lot of fans are understandably concerned, I wanted to make sure you saw this right away:

Danny Federici, an original member of the E Street Band, is taking a leave of absence from the current Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band tour to pursue treatment for melanoma. Charles Giordano, who played with Bruce as a member of the Sessions Band, will temporarily fill in for Danny until he is able to return. Federici has been playing keyboards with Springsteen since the late Sixties. Said Springsteen, "Danny is one of the pillars of our sound and has played beside me as a great friend for more than 40 years. We all eagerly await his healthy and speedy return."

Federici has been actively supporting the Melanoma Research Foundation and its Wings of Hope Gala, honoring Dr. Paul Chapman.

"Impressed" seems like such a small word when I think back to the last two months of Danny rocking out night after night, cancer be damned. With Thanksgiving upon us, those nights with this band are high on my list of things I'm grateful for. So is modern medicine. Our thoughts are with Danny, with prayers and high hopes for successful treatment.

Our thoughts are with Charlie, too, as he prepares to step into some big shoes as the Magic tour rolls on. From what we saw on the Sessions tour, if anyone can do it, he can.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, with good food, good friends and family.

Chris Phillips
Editor & Publisher, Backstreets
21st November 2007 11:55 AM
Gazza sad to see it confirmed, but a relief that they're so hopeful he'll return soon.

What a trooper he is to have performed for the last two months with that hanging over him.

He'll be missed in Europe, but hopefully he'll be back to full health when they're back this way in the summer.

Get well soon, Phantom...

[Edited by Gazza]
21st November 2007 12:47 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Has word got around the entertainment biz that Cafe Hostess Jill is putting out on 'all fours' for every passing rock legend or something?

Actually , I believe she lives in St. Louis now .....

Recalling Distant Memories ...
Remembering other names ;
Travelling Down Cold Metal ...
Just a Tear in a Baby's eye .

JJJJJJJJACKY !
21st November 2007 05:51 PM
MRD8 THE best recording of the entire U.S. leg of the Magic tour showed up today on DIME!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=171492

Bruce Springsteen Boston, MA, USA November 19, 2007

Recorded from the Loge behind the stage
with excellent results. Couple of "Woo" guys
behind me but they only pop up sporadically.
Thanks to Bickle for "arranging" this seat for
me. I'll post the 18th soon. It's not as good as
this one, though. Enjoy...

CoreSound Binaurals (w/bass roll-off) >
Edirol R-09 > CD Wave > Cool Edit Pro
(for fades and some level adjustments) >
FLAC Frontend

disc one:

Radio Nowhere
Night
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason to Believe
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Candy's Room
She's the One
Livin' in the Future
This Hard Land
4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
The E Street Shuffle

disc two:

Working on the Highway
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands
(encore)
Girls in Their Summer Clothes
Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
Kitty's Back
Born to Run
American Land
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)