ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Springsteen album & tour October 2nd (NSC) PT. II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
6th December 2007 01:44 PM
jb Truth be told, not a great album...
6th December 2007 01:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Truth be told, not a great album...

I gave it a listen as well, I wasn't very impressed. As a Stones Fan, to me Bruce's current material doesnt cross over to me very much. He's just not bringing anything new to the table for me and I am just not as big a fan of his to accept the same old Bruce. If he wins a grammy it will be because the feel they "owe" him, certainly not because of the quality of work here.
6th December 2007 01:50 PM
glencar It's a solid B. That "Last To Die" song sucks & many others are okay. I do quite like Radio Nowhere. I'm guessing it's better than whatever piffle Fogerty put out.
6th December 2007 01:52 PM
jb I have recently got satellite radio and that all day Springsteen channel plays it all the time.
6th December 2007 01:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's a solid B. That "Last To Die" song sucks & many others are okay. I do quite like Radio Nowhere. I'm guessing it's better than whatever piffle Fogerty put out.

I'll agree with everything except the grade, I give it a C-.
6th December 2007 01:53 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
I have recently got satellite radio and that all day Springsteen channel plays it all the time.

Do you listen to Ho Stern?
6th December 2007 01:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I have recently got satellite radio and that all day Springsteen channel plays it all the time.

in the seventies, I can only assume I preferred Nursery Rhymes and Taylor Era Boots ergo was not old enough to understand "Bruce"
6th December 2007 03:08 PM
Nellcote Radio Nowhere revisits the big, bold Phil Spector sound of Bruce's earlier work on several numbers. Those numbers are all winners. The lyrics on many of the cuts are a bit stark. There are themes thru the lp which are dark, sometimes desparate. The songs work great live. He's a real Dem on much of this, however, live, he pulls back to letting the music do the talking, which is how it should be. Bruce will bring you stories about times in America, there's no fantasy going on here. Stories about Vets returning home, girls on the boardwalk, etc. I'm not crazy about his producer, as there are times where instruments do not step out as they should, or, are cut off prematurely, as in Clarence's solo at the end of Long Time Coming. B+, better than the Rising.
6th December 2007 03:38 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I'm not crazy about his producer, as there are times where instruments do not step out as they should, or, are cut off prematurely, as in Clarence's solo at the end of Long Time Coming. B+, better than the Rising.

I think you mean "Long Walk Home" here - but I could see how one could be mistaken for the other.
6th December 2007 03:43 PM
Nellcote Mel, I need a dope slap, as this is at least the 3rd time I've referred to that song as that. Thanks for tuning me up
6th December 2007 03:46 PM
PartyDoll MEG Agree with a lot of what my buddy Nellcote has to say..
And who cares about the damn Grammy's anyway..

Not a happy album by any means, but then we do not live in happy times. What I admire about Bruce is his ability to write rock and roll lyrics of stark reality, somewhat tongue in cheek, and always with hope. The album works wonderfully live and it is so reminiscent of old Bruce that his concerts seem to flow seamlessly between old and new songs. No need to give a grade to music I love..
6th December 2007 03:47 PM
jb
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Agree with a lot of what my buddy Nellcote has to say..
And who cares about the damn Grammy's anyway..

Not a happy album by any means, but then we do not live in happy times. What I admire about Bruce is his ability to write rock and roll lyrics of stark reality, somewhat tongue in cheek, and always with hope. The album works wonderfully live and it is so reminiscent of old Bruce that his concerts seem to flow seamlessly between old and new songs. No need to give a grade to music I love..

"not just nerdy, Fiji Joe nerdy".
6th December 2007 04:40 PM
Joey
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

...at long last, my first Springsteen gig!

My very first Springsteen concert will take place on March 14th .

Tickets go on sale next Saturday .

www.QWESTCENTER.com

I am now so excited that I am currently typing this with me penis , nipples & fingers .

Little Friskies !!!
6th December 2007 04:49 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

See...this why you get nothing but Hickory Farms gift packs every year...It's the answer to the age old question...What do you get a man who smokes sausage?

6th December 2007 04:53 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

See...this why you get nothing but Hickory Farms gift packs every year...It's the answer to the age old question...What do you get a man who smokes sausage?

******** SIGH ***********

fiji ( f ) ............................

It really is over , ..... isn't it ?!

Even the crickets have found some thing better to do :

6th December 2007 05:00 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
jb wrote:

6th December 2007 05:03 PM
Nellcote MMM, dat pork looks tasty.
I think smoked pork for the Pats game Sunday is a given.
All are invited.
6th December 2007 05:38 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
MMM, dat pork looks tasty.
I think smoked pork for the Pats game Sunday is a given.
All are invited.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=071206175544.6x5v0npo&show_article=1

New York store red faced over 'Hanukkah hams' :

" A posh food store in New York's Greenwich Village has found itself red faced after offering hams for sale with the slogan "Delicious for Hanukkah," the current Jewish religious holiday.
The non-kosher labelling was spotted at the weekend by Manhattan novelist Nancy Kay Shapiro, 46, who decided instead of alerting management to take a picture of the unorthodox sign and post it on the Internet.

"I just thought it was funny," Shapiro, who described herself as an unobservant Jew, told the New York Post. "I wasn't offended in any way. I just thought, here's somebody who knows nothing about what Jews eat."

By the time Shapiro returned to the store on Tuesday, the first night of Hanukkah, the signs had vanished, the newspaper reported.

A manager at the Balducci's gourmet grocery store told the newspaper that the sign was a mistake and blamed it on a stock clerk.

Pork and shellfish are among the foods considered unclean under Jewish law. "

6th December 2007 05:45 PM
Nellcote See Joseph, that's along the lines of I did not know Heather was a hooker. Pork used to be unclean, thus the reason for extended cooking. Tricinosis is a thing of the past due to new farming techniques.
6th December 2007 05:46 PM
glencar Joey stole that from another thread. I expect Blowey to repeat it shortly.
6th December 2007 05:55 PM
Nellcote Yo, GC, how's everything?

I'm re-watching the Sopranos from the start.
Junior wants to tax Hesh
They have a sit down @ Satriale's
Junior agrees to 300, Hesh says 250
Junior says, "never trust those desert people"

I could watch this for eternity....
6th December 2007 06:26 PM
glencar LOL Anti-semitism was rampant in the mob back in the last century!
6th December 2007 06:32 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
See Joseph, that's along the lines of I did not know Heather was a hooker. Pork used to be unclean, thus the reason for extended cooking. Tricinosis is a thing of the past due to new farming techniques.

Nellcote ............................

I really , REALLY had no IDEA that Heather was a Hooker .

......... no IDEA !!!!!!!

....and you 's ?!

6th December 2007 06:41 PM
glencar What took you so long?
7th December 2007 12:09 PM
Gazza December 7, 2007

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND ANNOUNCE SERIES OF NEW JERSEY SHOWS IN 2008

NEW VIDEO FOR "GIRLS IN THEIR SUMMER CLOTHES" AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY ON iTUNES LATER THIS MONTH

EUROPEAN TOUR COMPLETELY SOLD OUT, YIELDING RAVE REVIEWS

'MAGIC' CERTIFIED PLATINUM IN U.S. AND SEVERAL OTHER COUNTRIES WORLDWIDE

Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band today announced that they will perform at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ July 27, 28 and 31, 2008. Springsteen is the number one selling artist at the Meadowlands having sold out 66 concerts to date, including 51 with the E Street Band. (Ticket information follows.)

The announcement is the latest in a string of recent and upcoming milestones spawned by Springsteen's critically acclaimed new album 'Magic' (Columbia Records).

* Later this month, the iTunes Store will offer an exclusive bundle of "Girls In Their Summer Clothes," the latest single from 'Magic.' It will feature the new video for the song, directed by Mark Pellington; a new "Winter Mix" of the song; and a recent audio concert performance.

* Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band's European tour leg, currently in progress, is completely sold out and has elicited rave reviews. Telegraaf (The Netherlands) called a show the "rock concert of the year" while The Parool (The Netherlands) raved, "Springsteen burned down the house in Arnhem." Meanwhile, NRK TV (Norway) proclaimed a "Springsteen victory."

* Bruce Springsteen's twenty-third album 'Magic' has been certified platinum by the RIAA in the United States. It was released October 2 on Columbia Records and debuted at number one on Billboard's Top 200 Albums chart. 'Magic' is also double Platinum in Norway; Platinum in Canada, Ireland, Italy, Holland and Sweden; and Gold in Australia, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Germany, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland and the U.K.

Ticket sales information for Giants Stadium concerts:

Tickets for these shows will go on sale December 15 at noon (Eastern Standard Time) via Ticketmaster only. Ticket prices will be $95 and $65. Tickets available at ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster locations and to charge-by phone, call 212-307-7171, 201-507-8900, 631-888-9000 or 866-448-7849 (Ticketmaster Express). Venue information is available at: http://www.meadowlands.com

http://www.shorefire.com

http://www.brucespringsteen.net
7th December 2007 03:11 PM
Gazza Supposedly this will be about 4 weeks of stadium shows, mostly in the North East US up to a couple of shows at Fenway Park, Boston on or around August 23/24

..and then another run of US arena shows to finish the tour. They have to wind things up before November (probably to tie in with Weinberg's TV commitments)
7th December 2007 03:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

My very first Springsteen concert will take place on March 14th .

Tickets go on sale next Saturday .

www.QWESTCENTER.com

I am now so excited that I am currently typing this with me penis , nipples & fingers .

Little Friskies !!!

Omaha ticket sale has been put back a week to the 15th, Joey.

Probably to do with the shootings.
7th December 2007 03:29 PM
Nellcote Red Sox are on the road 18-28 of August, this looks like it will drop nicely....
7th December 2007 03:41 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
this looks like it will drop nicely....

**** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION ****
7th December 2007 03:42 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Omaha ticket sale has been put back a week to the 15th, Joey.

Probably to do with the shootings.

Thanks Gazza ......................

Er , do you know of any ' Pre-Sale Passcodes ' for the Qwest Center gig ?!

Developing ...........................
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)