ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Springsteen album & tour October 2nd (NSC) PT. II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18th December 2007 07:13 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ade wrote:
still looking for a ticket, for tomorrow nights show
(wednesday 19th) at the o2, London.

if anyone knows of a spare, or an impending 'drop',
i'd appreciate a 'heads up'

many thanks!

as well as www.ticketmaster.co.uk, you might want to try www.ticketmaster.ie. For some reason, there were (apparently) tickets dropping for London last night on the Irish site at a time when they WERENT available on the UK one.

Also, try the 02's own site - http://www.theo2.co.uk/web/guest/home - which seemed to have an allocation (even though its linked to TM). very strange anomalies indeed!

You might also find a few people offloading spares on the Bruce forums, like greasylake.org or Backstreets.

At a last resort, go up there on the day. Belfast sold out in about a minute, yet on the evening of the show they were selling some at the box office - presumably unused complimentaries or just tickets that had been held back to beat the touts.
[Edited by Gazza]
18th December 2007 07:53 AM
Gazza Newlyweds spend night with the Boss

Paula Hull arrived at the concert in her wedding gown

Few men can drag a bride away from her wedding day, but for one Belfast newlywed the thought of a night with 'the Boss' was just too good to turn down.

Paul and Paula Hull thought they had missed out on the chance to see Bruce Springsteen playing in Belfast when the concert date was announced on the same date as their wedding day.

But, after some discussion the couple decided it was just too good an opportunity to miss and decided to go to the concert at the Odyssey Arena on Saturday.

The couple did not manage to get tickets to the sold-out performance, but were given complimentary tickets by the show's organisers, Aiken Promotions.

So as soon as the wedding speeches were finished, the happy couple left the reception in their wedding outfits to go dancing in the dark.

"When we got into the arena a spotlight appeared, everyone cheered and we thought Bruce had come onto the stage, but it was us they were cheering," Paula said.

"When he came onto stage, he said: 'Are there any lovers in the audience'.

"The whole crowd began to cheer and we saw ourselves up on the big screen.

"I don't know if Bruce had been tipped off, but he did dedicate a song to us and at the end he came over to where we were and bowed to us and wished us all the best."

The couple also left the concert with a special memento to remember their evening after E Street Band member Clarence Clemons gave them his maracas at the finale of the show.

Paul said it was an experience he and his new bride would never forget.

"It made it a wee bit special for us. It was a perfect way to end a brilliant day for Paula and I," he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7147640.stm

18th December 2007 08:17 AM
Ade Thanks for your help-
i've got a couple of 'maybe's', over at iorr, so fingers crossed i'll get a spare, if i don't catch a 'drop'
18th December 2007 08:18 AM
Ade
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I hope you get in, Ade!

P.S. Merry Christmas.

SV

thanks!
have a great xmas, too
18th December 2007 08:33 AM
Gazza corect link for 02 arena site is http://www.theo2.co.uk/web/guest/home

(amended in above post too)
18th December 2007 11:05 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Nice work. I know you were gutted to miss out in October. I'm sure ya cant wait!

You bet I can't wait! Looks like you got a real cracker of a show the other night! BTW, here are the pics that didn't show up.

18th December 2007 11:07 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
So glad you FINALLY got your Bruce tickets, GTRM!!!

Thanks MEG! It took me awhile but perseverance finally paid off!
19th December 2007 11:58 AM
Gazza Lsst minute bump to help Ade get a ticket for the 02 tonight...the final show of the year

and for those of you in the UK, a second London show for Emirates Stadium (31/5/08) goes on sale tomorrow.
19th December 2007 04:04 PM
Martha Congrats on seeing the Boss in your town Gazza. And to the rest of you scoring tickets YAY! The Boss rocks.

xxoo,
Martha
[Edited by Martha]
19th December 2007 04:10 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Lsst minute bump to help Ade get a ticket for the 02 tonight...the final show of the year

and for those of you in the UK, a second London show for Emirates Stadium (31/5/08) goes on sale tomorrow.

Emirates? LOL
19th December 2007 06:29 PM
PartyDoll MEG Last concert this leg at London O2

Have a nice rest Bruce and the Band. See ya back real soon...

Radio Nowhere
No Surrender
Night
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason to Believe
Because the Night
She's the One
Livin' in the Future
The Promised Land (Inc People Get Ready)
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
Working on the Highway
Racing in the Street
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands
Girls in Their Summer Clothes
Jungleland
Born to Run
Dancing in the Dark
American Land
Santa Claus is Comin' to Town

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
19th December 2007 06:30 PM
glencar Reason To Believe? The old Rod Stewart song?
19th December 2007 06:32 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
glencar wrote:
Reason To Believe? The old Rod Stewart song?

No Glenny.. This one

19th December 2007 07:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Emirates? LOL

Yes. Arsenal's new stadium. In keeping with the horrendous current tradition of naming rights - in this case, an airline.
19th December 2007 10:55 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Yes. Arsenal's new stadium. In keeping with the horrendous current tradition of naming rights - in this case, an airline.

Well aware of it around here. They are a big sponsor of the Breeders Cup Horse Racing Championships we have over here every Fall. Many a Sheik has tried to win the Kentucky Derby. But failed.

Anyway,have good rest gang. Best of health to Danny Federici. Can't wait for the next leg.
21st December 2007 03:23 PM
Joey
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Opening acts!?!
Dude, really...

Check out www.backstreets.com/tour.html for GA info.
[Edited by Left Shoe Shuffle]

Thanks L.S.S.

Er , I have friends who would like to know if this " G.A. Queue " will be announced to the public ?

Developing .............................

" What's the deal with General Admission?
Most of us, understandably, would love to know what we're getting ourselves into before we buy a ticket. So we reached out to the tour powers-that-be, and while they're not ready to make an official statement just yet -- "our intent here is to have info from all the venues before we announce anything" -- we've got some informal comments to pass along that offer more insight into what to expect.
On the Rising tour, Springsteen concerts began regularly featuring a general admission floor (meaning the floor was standing-only, and unreserved), usually partitioned into a smaller G.A. section by the stage ("the pit") with a larger G.A. section behind it. Look for the same basic setup on this tour; seating charts from the individual venues typically show G.A. floors, with reserved seating in the rest of the arena.
Over the course of the Rising tour, the "rules" for the G.A. line (and specifically for entry into the pit) lacked consistency and organization, causing plenty of frustration. This time out, a tour source tells us that they are working to standardize the system as much as possible.
By the time the Rising tour reached the 2003 stadium leg, when the G.A. section was the pit, a pit lottery system was in place to randomize entry, offering G.A. ticketholders a fair shot at the front without the need to stand in line all day; it worked. While there's no guarantee that the Magic system will be indentical, we're told:
"Yes, in most cases the wristband lottery mode later in the day worked best, as it gave more people an equal chance. The other thing we're asking the venues is if we can give information out earlier where people can congregrate, as we know also a part of coming early is meeting other common friends you'd only see at these shows. We're hoping to arrange this so it at least seems a little more organized (and more importantly, safer) for the fans who come early to just hang with each other. But ultimately, the goal is not to have a situation where people think they're ahead of the game by coming way early or camping out."
If and when there's an official G.A. entry policy announced, we'll spread the news right away. In the meantime, hopefully this will help you figure out what to go for as you gear up for the ticket rush.
Will there be any open-to-the-public rehearsal shows?
We don't know yet. That's been standard operating procedure the last few tours, so we wouldn't be surprised if there were some rehearsal shows Somewhere in New Jersey in advance of the official Hartford opener. But there's no solid info at the moment. If and when there's any announcement along those lines, you'll see it both in the schedule above and on the news page. "

http://www.backstreets.com/tour.html

21st December 2007 06:45 PM
PartyDoll MEG Very impressive Joey.

You have done your homework.

Closer to show day, backstreets will also post what your great venue will be doing as far as handing out wristbands- The General Admission Procedure for Pit lottery. However you can always check at the venue..Usually, those folks are the last to know however...

Don't worry..
We have plenty of time to prepare you for this event.......
23rd December 2007 01:25 PM
Mel Belli
23rd December 2007 01:41 PM
Joey
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Closer to show day, backstreets will also post what your great venue will be doing as far as handing out wristbands- The General Admission Procedure for Pit lottery. However you can always check at the venue..Usually, those folks are the last to know however...

Don't worry..
We have plenty of time to prepare you for this event.......

Bless you MEG ...........................

You anticipated The Joey's next question .

" Show Day " is still months away so we do INDEED have some time to prepare . I like Pit Lottery ...I DO !!!!!

Developing ..............................

'kins ( Here in ' The Valley of the Sun ' )
23rd December 2007 07:24 PM
PartyDoll MEG Here is some really really old...Bruce

24th December 2007 10:02 AM
Gazza Wow..thats really ancient.

With two months to the next show, we will do well to keep this thread active until then (or reach 500. Pretty good though for an non-Stones thread to have got over 970 posts in 3 months.
24th December 2007 10:44 AM
SweetVirginia We must reach 500 in this thread----
if for no other reason than to drive JB crazy.

24th December 2007 11:05 AM
PartyDoll MEG Oh don't worry, SV!! We can keep it alive.....

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
26th December 2007 06:42 PM
PartyDoll MEG Gotta keep it on page 1
Watched some of this "78 concert this weekend. Which Badlands do you like best?

This One...
Embedding disabled...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jlmDCPtmCpo

Or this....

To me it is like a fine wine..just gets betterwith age...
26th December 2007 08:13 PM
Nellcote
26th December 2007 08:32 PM
PartyDoll MEG OK, "Head band"(BITUSA) era is good, Nelly..but I just loved this

26th December 2007 08:52 PM
Nellcote
26th December 2007 09:19 PM
PartyDoll MEG You been watching TIYL too, Nelly?!! Don't ya just love the beginning of "Growin Up"!!

One more early masterpiece...

26th December 2007 09:26 PM
Nellcote Great solo in that cut.

Another, promo's are great.

26th December 2007 10:23 PM
PartyDoll MEG Love this little "piece" of the Detroit Medley

Oh heck... the whole thing..earlier version

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)