ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Springsteen album & tour October 2nd (NSC) PT. II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
21st November 2007 07:08 PM
Gazza The Bruce fan forums have set up an e-mail address for fans to send Danny Federici your best wishes for his recovery. You can do so at :

[email protected]
21st November 2007 10:01 PM
LadyJane Meggy.

Your review gave me the luck to be in the House in Buffalo on 03/07. Just bought two tickets.
I think I need to see this Band.

So Nelly.
I see you take ALL the ROCC members to your favorite store on Newbury St.

Artie Lang? From Stern. Is that a piss stain? I need to hear this ENTIRE story. Only our Queenie. LOL.

Great story Meg. I'm happy for you. You made me feel like I was in that pit, and it sounded damned fun!!

Time to print my tickets.
Yay

LJ.
21st November 2007 10:48 PM
PartyDoll MEG Glad ya made the leap of faith, LJ!!!

You will have no regrets!
22nd November 2007 12:02 AM
LadyJane No leap Meggy.
Just faith that YOU and the rest of the ROCC cannot be wrong.
Your enthusiasm is infectious, my friend.

LJ
22nd November 2007 11:59 PM
erikjjf Dublin, May 22nd 2008.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/eg8119?spotlight_ren_od=1&tm_link=tm_home_4_f1
23rd November 2007 10:16 AM
PartyDoll MEG Hope the whole European tour is announced soon.

Dublin..Gazza must be drooling!!!

This is a good photo of Danny. Look really close and you can see Queenie(Peggy) and part of my face peeking out behind the 2 tall black shirted guys.
23rd November 2007 10:47 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Your enthusiasm is infectious, my friend.

Just like her smile.

You won't regret going to see Bruce and the ESB, LJ.
23rd November 2007 02:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
Dublin, May 22nd 2008.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/eg8119?spotlight_ren_od=1&tm_link=tm_home_4_f1

Dublin it seems will be the tour opener, with (so I've been told) a 2nd date probably added on the 23rd.

It's officially the only Euro date announced so far although a Spanish newspaper has today confirmed that he's playing the Nou Camp in Barcelona on July 19th. Maybe thats the Euro finale?
24th November 2007 01:28 PM
PartyDoll MEG Here are 2 very shaky videos from Sunday nite, but the audio is from the bootleg recording which is excellent as you can tell! If you get seasick, please don't vomit on your keyboard!!!

Taken in the Pit. I'll Work For Your Love (the Proposal)

Jungleland:

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
24th November 2007 02:00 PM
gimmekeef Just read where Federici his keyboardist has to take a leave for cancer.Being replaced with someone who played on Seeber Sessions tour.Hope the fellow pulls through and makes a return...
25th November 2007 11:05 AM
Martha
quote:
Joey wrote:

Gazza ...........................

Bruce Springsteen will be performing at THE QWEST ( The Q ) on 03/14/08 .

Yes , you SHALL be greeted :

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2620&u_sid=10189544

" Springsteen will play at Qwest Center in March "

" Better clear March 14 on your calendar. "

" Tickets for the Bruce Springsteen concert March 14 go on sale Dec. 8. Springsteen last played in Nebraska in 1984.The Boss is coming to town.

That's right. Rock star Bruce Springsteen is scheduled to play the Qwest Center Omaha at 7:30 that Friday night.

And he's bringing the E Street Band with him.

Springsteen and the group will be in the middle of their first full-scale tour of the U.S. and Europe since 2003.

Tickets for the Omaha show are $67 and $97 and will go on sale at 10 a.m. Dec. 8 at the box office, Ticketmaster outlets, www.ticketmaster.com or 422-1212.

The capacity of the show is expected to be a little over 17,000.

The concert is one that arena officials have been wanting to land "since the day we opened," said Tom O'Gorman, vice president of corporate sales and marketing for the Qwest Center Omaha.

"It's a big deal," he said, adding that more high-profile shows are planned for 2008.

Springsteen joins a growing list of superstar acts at the arena since it opened four years ago. Paul McCartney, U2, the Rolling Stones, Billy Joel and Elton John all have played there.

The tour, which kicked off Oct. 2, is in support of the new Springsteen album, "Magic."

The CD, which debuted at No. 1, is the band's first new studio album since 2002's Grammy Award-winning "The Rising."

The 58-year-old Rock and Roll Hall of Famer last played in Nebraska in November 1984 at the Devaney Center in Lincoln.

At that show, he performed the haunting title track off his 1982 masterpiece, "Nebraska." The song recounts Charles Starkweather's 1958 murder spree from the killer's point of view. Springsteen dedicated the song to Ninette Beaver, a former newswoman at Omaha's KMTV-Channel 3, who had reported on the case. He called her when he was writing the song to ask her about Starkweather.

At the 1984 concert, Springsteen donated $10,000 to be split between the Omaha and Lincoln food banks.

In his four-decade career, the New Jersey singer-songwriter has won acclaim for his exuberant rock music, eloquent, thought-provoking lyrics and knack for making his live shows a celebration.

As a teenager in the mid-1960s, Springsteen played in several rock and blues bands. In the early '70s, he performed acoustic folk shows in Greenwich Village. He was signed in 1972 to Columbia Records, the label he continues to work with today.

Time magazine proclaimed him "Rock's New Sensation" on the cover of its Oct. 27, 1975, issue. Shortly after that, he played at the Civic Auditorium Music Hall.

In June 2006, Springsteen performed in Des Moines as part of a tour in support of the Pete Seeger tribute album, "We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions."

Because of a scheduling conflict at the Qwest Center Omaha, the tour went to the Wells Fargo Arena, where it drew about 5,000 fans.

His current tour features a two-hour-plus show of new and vintage material.

In a review of his Nov. 11 concert in Washington, D.C., the Baltimore Sun wrote: "The show featured Springsteen in an exuberant mood. Gone was the somberness that characterized much of the Devils and Dust tour of 2005 and the hootenanny feel of last year's Seeger Sessions tour, with its emphasis on folk, gospel and blues. This was The Boss, back as rock legend."

E Street Band members are Roy Bittan (keyboards); Clarence Clemons (saxophone, percussion); Danny Federici (keyboards); Nils Lofgren (guitar); Springsteen's wife, Patti Scialfa (vocals, guitar); Garry Tallent (bass); Steven Van Zandt (guitar); and Max Weinberg (drums). "

www.QWESTCENTER.com

HEY! I'll come to YOUR Qwest Center for this show darlin'! ;-)
25th November 2007 11:13 AM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Many more sping dates now confirmed

February 28 Hartford, CT HCC Arena (On sale now)
March 2 Montreal, QC Bell Centre (Nov. 24)
March 3 Hamilton, ONT Copps Coliseum (Nov. 23)
March 6 Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena (Sold out)
March 7 Buffalo, NY HSBC Arena (On sale now)
March 10 Hempstead, NY Nassau Coliseum (Jan. 19)
March 14 Omaha, NE Quest Center (Dec. 8)
March 16 St. Paul, MN Xcel Center (On sale now)
March 17 Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center (Nov. 26)
March 20 Indianapolis, IN Canseco Center (Dec. 8)
March 22 Cincinnati, OH U.S. Bank Arena (Dec. 1)
March 24 Columbus, OH Schottenstein Center (Dec. 1)
March 28 Portland, OR The Rose Garden (Dec. 8)
March 29 Seattle, WA Key Arena (Dec. 8)
March 31 Vancouver, BC GM Place (Nov. 30)
April 4 Sacramento, CA Arco Arena (Jan. 19)
April 5 San Jose, CA HPPavillion at San Jose (Jan. 21)
April 7 Anaheim, CA Honda Center (On sale now)
April 8 Anaheim, CA Honda Center (On sale now)
April 13 Dallas, TX TBA (TBA)
April 14 Houston, TX TBA (TBA)
April 18 Ft Lauderdale, FL Bank Atlantic Center (Dec. 1)
April 19 Orlando, FL Amway Arena (Dec. 1)
April 21 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum (Dec. 1)
April 25 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena (On sale now)
April 27 Charlotte, NC Charlotte Bobcat Arena (Dec. 7)
April 28 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum (Dec. 7)
April 30 Charlottesville, VA John Paul Jones Arena (TBA)

Where the FUCK is DENVER?????? Po dunk Wild West town.
25th November 2007 03:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
Martha wrote:

Where the FUCK is DENVER??????

I believe it's in Colorado..

Oh, I see what you mean...I think theres a couple of gaps in there where they could fit in some more midwest shows (after Anaheim)

Failing that, there will be a 3rd US leg from around August 2008 onwards

[Edited by Gazza]
25th November 2007 03:40 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Just read where Federici his keyboardist has to take a leave for cancer.Being replaced with someone who played on Seeger Sessions tour.Hope the fellow pulls through and makes a return...

see previous page of this thread. yes, its hoped his absence will be temporary, going by the press release.
25th November 2007 03:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Martha wrote:

HEY! I'll come to YOUR Qwest Center for this show darlin'! ;-)

Hello My Stonesian Queen .........................

Yes , we shall party on March 14th .

Er , tickets go on sale December 8th ... Does anyone have the ' Fan Club Pre-Sale Passcode ' for the Omaha , NE -- QWEST CENTER --- gig .. ?!

Developing .....................................

www.QWESTCENTER.com

'kins , Est. 1999

25th November 2007 04:11 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Martha wrote:
Where the FUCK is DENVER?????? Po dunk Wild West town.

Bruce might still be smarting from the woefully undersold 03 Rising show @ Invesco Field.
25th November 2007 04:14 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Joey wrote:
Does anyone have the ' Fan Club Pre-Sale Passcode ' for the Omaha , NE -- QWEST CENTER --- gig .. ?!

Springsteen doesn't do fan club pre-sales.
25th November 2007 05:27 PM
Joey
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Springsteen doesn't do fan club pre-sales.

YOU MAKE JOEY WEEP AND SHIT LIQUID !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why ?!

FRIGGIN WHY ...................... ?!

WHY do you make young Joey use so much friggin toilet paper ?

WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?!

.... and then , Depression set in Ronnie !

*** Cue Bernstein Music ***

Joey " Bill " Murray !
25th November 2007 06:37 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Joey wrote:
.... and then , Depression set in Ronnie !

Look on the bright side.

You already know tix go on sale 12/8.
If you can pull yourself away from RO and posting WHY ad nauseum, you just might score some.

And with any luck, WHY will be your verification code word...

25th November 2007 07:13 PM
Joey
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Look on the bright side.

You already know tix go on sale 12/8.
If you can pull yourself away from RO and posting WHY ad nauseum, you just might score some.

And with any luck, WHY will be your verification code word...

Indeed you are wise Left Shoe Shuffle

Please do not tell anyone -- please -- let us keep this just between ourselves , but you are rapidly , RAPIDLY becoming one of my favorite posters around here .

I have got my eye on you this week

Joey !
25th November 2007 09:05 PM
Mel Belli Still ending with "American Land." I wonder if the song will have the same resonance outside the U.S. (and Ireland).
25th November 2007 09:14 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Still ending with "American Land." I wonder if the song will have the same resonance outside the U.S. (and Ireland).

Oh I think it is enough of a foot-tapper and hand-clapper for the European crowds, Mel!
26th November 2007 11:16 AM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I believe it's in Colorado..

Oh, I see what you mean...I think theres a couple of gaps in there where they could fit in some more midwest shows (after Anaheim)

Failing that, there will be a 3rd US leg from around August 2008 onwards

[Edited by Gazza]

LOL I see those gaps....maybe he'll show up then. However, it would be killer if he comes out in August and does several shows at the infamous Red Rocks. Now that would be the way to ROCK!

There will be more US dates and a 3rd leg? I knew you would help me feel better Gary. ;-)

I am still rushing back straight into Joey's arms for the Qwest Center gig. Just in case Denver gets stood up.

xxoo,
MM
26th November 2007 11:21 AM
Mel Belli Charles better do something about that shirt:

26th November 2007 11:41 AM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Still ending with "American Land." I wonder if the song will have the same resonance outside the U.S. (and Ireland).

The European audiences were well into it when it was played at the end of the Seeger sessions shows here this time last year.

In places like Italy and Spain, Bruce could probably fart "three blind mice" and you can guarantee the crowd would go nuts.
[Edited by Gazza]
26th November 2007 11:45 AM
jb Hello Lord Gazza....I will check out Bruce in April...I hope he keeps his wife to a minimum as she was really boring last time around with those long, sappy, ballads.
26th November 2007 11:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
Martha wrote:

LOL I see those gaps....maybe he'll show up then. However, it would be killer if he comes out in August and does several shows at the infamous Red Rocks. Now that would be the way to ROCK!

There will be more US dates and a 3rd leg? I knew you would help me feel better Gary. ;-)

I am still rushing back straight into Joey's arms for the Qwest Center gig. Just in case Denver gets stood up.

xxoo,
MM

Omaha may get the show this leg instead of Denver, I suppose. Theres still no dates for St Louis, Kansas City, Phoenix or New Orleans in that itinerary yet either - and Phoenix has always been a big market for Bruce.

there'll be a 3rd US leg after Europe - so maybe mid August onwards. I'd guess that - like the Rising tour - it'll be stadiums in major markets, though.
26th November 2007 11:48 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Hello Lord Gazza....I will check out Bruce in April...I hope he keeps his wife to a minimum as she was really boring last time around with those long, sappy, ballads.

"Lord" ? LOL

Been meaning to mail you about these shows,as I remember you were saying youd be interested.

I'm sure you'll have fun at them. Hope you're keeping well - good to see you back.
26th November 2007 12:05 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

"Lord" ? LOL

Been meaning to mail you about these shows,as I remember you were saying youd be interested.

I'm sure you'll have fun at them. Hope you're keeping well - good to see you back.

Thanks..I had a short hospital stay as I had a very bad reaction to anesthesia. It shut down my bladder function ( and developed urinary retention-what a horrible feeling)and I had to wear a "bag" for 3 weeks. It was the scariest thing I have ever experienced as they insert a tube in you penis and
you have to strap it on your leg and try to function. I thought "it" would never come back, but eventually, after what seemed like an eternity, it came off and I regained the flow. I would not even wish this Bono or Macca.
[Edited by jb]
26th November 2007 12:07 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Hello Lord Gazza....I will check out Bruce in April...I hope he keeps his wife to a minimum as she was really boring last time around with those long, sappy, ballads.

Babe ?!

Baby Josh Magnolia ?!

Josh ....... Is that really YOU ?!

Man , where in the HELL have you been these past few years ?! One thing about you Josh was that you were ALWAYS Minty Fresh and REALLY knew how to write a post .

Welcome Home My Brother .

Joey
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)