ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Springsteen album & tour October 2nd (NSC) PT. II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
14th December 2007 07:44 PM
Nellcote MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARHTA!!!

My dear how are you? Is Johnny psyched 'bout the nomination?

Gazza, have a Wicked Pissah time!!

OK, a little late, however, here's a few more pix from my openah night in Hahtfud....

These four are from my cell phone, dodging from security, from the front vantage point....

This last one, along with the others from the pit, were taken by a cat from Shidobee, Nanker Phelge, thanks Nank!
This is my favorite...

Ok, back to work I go.....Good luck to all whom are scoring tix this weekend.....We're hoping for another Fenway!!
[Edited by Nellcote]
14th December 2007 07:50 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Martha wrote:
Oh no, JOEY!!!! I've hit a bump in the ticketbastard road to Bruce. Now I REALLY have to pray. Shit.

Here's what is posted:

Additional Information:
Sales to this event have been restricted to the regional selling area during the first 15 minutes of the on sale. Please try again at fifteen past the hour.

Not sure if that applies to internet sales.
TM did that with phone sales for Hannah Montana.

I'd recommend logging in and taking a crack.
Might get lucky, or maybe they'll check the shipping addy and ding your order.
14th December 2007 07:54 PM
PartyDoll MEG Good luck with tickets..

And I know you will enjoy YOUR show, Gazza!!
14th December 2007 08:02 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Err, um, uh...no.
Gonna see what plays out on the Winter/Spring leg first.

Hahtfud ain't too far, and I hear OH is beautiful in the early spring.

Well I would never call Ohio beautiful..But be my guest!!
15th December 2007 10:31 AM
Martha
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARHTA!!!

OK, a little late, however, here's a few more pix from my openah night in Hahtfud....

These four are from my cell phone, dodging from security, from the front vantage point....

This last one, along with the others from the pit, were taken by a cat from Shidobee, Nanker Phelge, thanks Nank!
This is my favorite...

Ok, back to work I go.....Good luck to all whom are scoring tix this weekend.....We're hoping for another Fenway!!
[Edited by Nellcote]

Hey Sir Nellcote! I am doing much better than this time last year...so Yes! And thanks for asking!

Johnny's nod surely makes me smile, now if I can just get him to come out here and PLAY some gigs! Los Lobos is touring with him and he's skipped Denver....so far.

Gazza, I am so HAPPY for you darlin'. Have a spectacular show.

I did not get tickets for Omaha. I am going to have to wait it out and pray he comes here in the summer.

Howe did you do Joey?

peace out,
Martha
15th December 2007 11:19 AM
PartyDoll MEG Just heard from Gazza..He is in the PIT!! They are letting in the first 500 to get bracelets. Might get some photos later, but I doubt any Ass shots, Pammy!
15th December 2007 02:22 PM
Joey
quote:
Martha wrote:

I did not get tickets for Omaha. I am going to have to wait it out and pray he comes here in the summer.

Howe did you do Joey?

peace out,
Martha

Hello My Stonesian Queen .........

I scored a ' Main Floor ' Ticky

....gonna try for ' The Pit ' .

YES !!!!!!!!!!

Joeykins
15th December 2007 02:26 PM
Joey
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Just heard from Gazza..He is in the PIT!! They are letting in the first 500 to get bracelets. Might get some photos later, but I doubt any Ass shots, Pammy!

Does one have to arrive early to get into ' THE PIT ' ?!

How does it work ? .... I believe there are some opening acts that I would rather avoid in order to drink with me mates in the VIP Lounge .

Developing ...........................

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !!!!!!

15th December 2007 02:35 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hello My Stonesian Queen .........

I scored a ' Main Floor ' Ticky

....gonna try for ' The Pit ' .

YES !!!!!!!!!!

Joeykins

Yippee!!!!!
Joeykins you rule!!

What they did the first leg was that the venue announces a time to go pick up wristbands with numbers. Usually it is between 2-5 PM. You don't need to wait in line once you have it ..Go drink. Then at 5pm or so they pick a number. If you are that number and/or the 200-300 or so after it, you are in the pit and need to stay and line up. Otherwise you can go drink some more and just take your spot somewhere on the floor later. For the Europeans it is first come first in..

Bruce has no opening act....He is the SHOW. If you get selected for the pit you go in earlier than the masses and have plenty of time to get refreshment and pee breaks before the show. Unless you are right front and center at the stage..you might not want to leave that spot unprotected!!
15th December 2007 02:37 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Joey wrote:
Does one have to arrive early to get into ' THE PIT ' ?!

How does it work ? .... I believe there are some opening acts that I would rather avoid in order to drink with me mates in the VIP Lounge .

Opening acts!?!
Dude, really...

Check out www.backstreets.com/tour.html for GA info.
[Edited by Left Shoe Shuffle]
15th December 2007 03:19 PM
PartyDoll MEG Looks like Gazza has a great place to see Brooooce!!

15th December 2007 04:00 PM
PartyDoll MEG Heres a photo from Gazza's phone...and listened to parts of Reason to Believe and Because the Night...

and during Waiting on a Sunny Day.. DAMN!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
15th December 2007 05:01 PM
SweetVirginia I just heard from Gazza, too. Hard to hear very well, but still the next best thing to being there!

I'm happy for our friend, Meggie.

15th December 2007 06:07 PM
PartyDoll MEG From Gazza: "Unbefuckinlievable"

This is from a few days ago.. Makes me want to dance the snow away....

15th December 2007 06:23 PM
Joey " What they did the first leg was that the venue announces a time to go pick up wristbands with numbers. Usually it is between 2-5 PM. You don't need to wait in line once you have it ..Go drink. Then at 5pm or so they pick a number. If you are that number and/or the 200-300 or so after it, you are in the pit and need to stay and line up. Otherwise you can go drink some more and just take your spot somewhere on the floor later. For the Europeans it is first come first in..

Bruce has no opening act....He is the SHOW. If you get selected for the pit you go in earlier than the masses and have plenty of time to get refreshment and pee breaks before the show. Unless you are right front and center at the stage..you might not want to leave that spot unprotected!! "

Cool . Thanks Meg -- I had no idea .......

I am taking the day off work --- looks like my very first Bruce Springsteen Concert is going to be REALLY special .

YES !!!!!!!

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

Jazzy Cakes !

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
15th December 2007 06:56 PM
Erik_Snow Bruce's 88.000. tickets for next years Oslo concerts were sold out in 1 hour. New record for Norway....he beat Pink Floyd 's ticket sales for 1994 by a mile.

Hope you had fun in Dublin, Gazza !

Unfortunately I don't have a ticket...I'm in Hawaii in July
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
15th December 2007 07:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:
Hope you had fun in Dublin, Gazza !

It was in Belfast - not Dublin. First ever E Street Band show in my hometown (although Bruce's 3rd show here)

Almost lost for words. Outstanding show from start to finish, and I was in the pit about 3 rows from the front. My back and ribs need a serious massage.

Will post some more pics later, although it was hard to take any digital ones with the tight security and also very hard to send any out by cellphone as the connection wasnt always good.

Show lasted just short of 2 and a half hours.

1. Radio Nowhere
2. No Surrender
3. Lonesome Day
4. Gypsy Biker
5. Magic
6. Reason To Believe
7. Because The Night
8. She's The One
9. Living In The Future
10. Promised Land (into Curtis Mayfield's 'People Get Ready')
11. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
12. The River
13. I'll Work for Your Love
14. Devils Arcade
15. The Rising
16. Last To Die
17. Long Walk Home
18. Badlands

encores:

19. Girls In Their Summer Clothes
20. Kitty's Back
21. Born To Run
22. Dancing in The Dark
23. American Land
24. Santa Claus is Coming to Town

[Edited by Gazza]
15th December 2007 08:21 PM
Erik_Snow Hi Gazza, thanks for the brief review ! In Belfast ?? Way cool ! Funnily enough, I've been listening to Bruce Springsteen for 6 hours today, after buying Magic on vinyl this morning....and checking out the Chicago 1980 recording
Look forward to a longer review from you !
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
15th December 2007 09:03 PM
Dan Great! At least you didn't get ripped off with Santa Claus as track #20 like some recent shows!
15th December 2007 09:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
Dan wrote:
Great! At least you didn't get ripped off with Santa Claus as track #20 like some recent shows!

Ripped off? All the recent shows have been 23-24 songs, although sometimes its been a little earlier in the encore than of late
15th December 2007 09:59 PM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Ripped off? All the recent shows have been 23-24 songs, although sometimes its been a little earlier in the encore than of late

I saw some encores that went like this

20. Santa Claus is Coming to Town
21. Born To Run
22. Dancing in The Dark
23. American Land

without the rare track they sometimes do in the encore but I am not much of a fan of Christmas music so at least now it's an additional song instead of an alternat.
16th December 2007 06:29 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARHTA!!!

This is my favorite...

[Edited by Nellcote]

Holy shit! Amazing shots, Nellie!
16th December 2007 06:33 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

It was in Belfast - not Dublin. First ever E Street Band show in my hometown (although Bruce's 3rd show here)

Almost lost for words. Outstanding show from start to finish, and I was in the pit about 3 rows from the front. My back and ribs need a serious massage.

Will post some more pics later, although it was hard to take any digital ones with the tight security and also very hard to send any out by cellphone as the connection wasnt always good.

Show lasted just short of 2 and a half hours.

1. Radio Nowhere
2. No Surrender
3. Lonesome Day
4. Gypsy Biker
5. Magic
6. Reason To Believe
7. Because The Night
8. She's The One
9. Living In The Future
10. Promised Land (into Curtis Mayfield's 'People Get Ready')
11. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
12. The River
13. I'll Work for Your Love
14. Devils Arcade
15. The Rising
16. Last To Die
17. Long Walk Home
18. Badlands

encores:

20. Kitty's Back
21. Born To Run
22. Dancing in The Dark
23. American Land
24. Santa Claus is Coming to Town

[Edited by Gazza]

I'm over the moon for ya, kid! A hometown show AND ya got in the pit! Couple of nice pics there too! Couldn't be more pleased for you.

Finally got through to Ticketbastardo after 45 minutes today and scored a couple tix in the first level section for Giants in July! Not too shabby!
16th December 2007 10:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Finally got through to Ticketbastardo after 45 minutes today and scored a couple tix in the first level section for Giants in July! Not too shabby!

Nice work. I know you were gutted to miss out in October. I'm sure ya cant wait!

Another one from last night - taken from the guy whose wife threw the hat onstage at the end of "American Land"

Hard to pick out highlights, really. There were so many. A fantastic 'No Surrender', the guitar duelling on "Gypsy Biker", the foot stomping "Reason to believe", a glorious "Because the night" with Nils' solo ripping the place apart, the singalongs of "promised land" and "shes the one", a beautiful version of "The River" (dedicated to his brother-in-law who was at the show and who he said inspired the song) which one minute had the entire crowd singing along before Bruce went into this falsetto wail, at which point you could have heard a pin drop (only a genius could do that) and the five song salvo which closed the main set. The encores just brought the house down. A really wild crowd - as you can imagine, with only 13 shows in Europe and this being one of only 2 in the UK, there were a lot of fans coming from outside Northern Ireland - which seemed to sing along with every word.

One special moment. Before the show, the crowd caught sight of a bride and groom arriving at their seats, who had quite obviously come direct from their wedding - she was still wearing her white dress and he was still in his wedding suit. Some of the bridal party were in tow as well. The entire arena rose and gave them a standing ovation. An hour later, Bruce was introducing "I'll Work For Your Love" asking if there were "any lovers in the house" and the crowd were pointing over to the wedding couple as the house lights shone on them. Bruce just looks at them in disbelief "You're kidding - what - (you just got married), tonight?" and then dedicates the song for them.

IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/Gazza63/Image145.jpg[/IMG]

[Edited by Gazza]
16th December 2007 10:52 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

So glad you FINALLY got your Bruce tickets, GTRM!!!
16th December 2007 04:13 PM
Gazza Some YouTube clips from last night

Intro/Radio Nowhere

Reason To Believe (complete)

Because the Night (complete - rip the roof off, Nils!)
16th December 2007 08:14 PM
sweetcharmedlife Hey Gazza. Glad you had a great time at Bruce. Good for you,a hometown show. Looks like a good setlist and you got Kitty.
17th December 2007 10:47 PM
PartyDoll MEG Very good interview here for anyone interested...

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2007/1217/springsteenb.html
18th December 2007 03:51 AM
Ade still looking for a ticket, for tomorrow nights show
(wednesday 19th) at the o2, London.

if anyone knows of a spare, or an impending 'drop',
i'd appreciate a 'heads up'

many thanks!
18th December 2007 06:45 AM
SweetVirginia I hope you get in, Ade!

P.S. Merry Christmas.

SV
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)