ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Springsteen album & tour October 2nd (NSC) PT. II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
26th November 2007 12:10 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
March 3 Hamilton, ONT Copps Coliseum (Nov. 23)

...at long last, my first Springsteen gig!
26th November 2007 06:01 PM
Gazza Long overdue, LB!!

27th November 2007 03:10 PM
PartyDoll MEG Euro dates are popping up now....
From Backstreets.com

TICKET ALERTS
E Street Band goes open-air in Europe for 2008
Be sure to keep an eye on our Tour/Ticket Info page, as 2008 European dates are starting to fill in. First up is the Dublin opener on May 22: tickets go on sale tomorrow (Wednesday) at 0900, with the possibility of two more Dublin dates to be added. Also now on the schedule: two dates in Germany, Dusseldorf (6/16) and Hamburg (6/21 -- tickets available now!); San Siro stadium in Milan (6/25); Paris (June 27); and the likely leg-closer at Camp Nou in Barcelona (7/19).
27th November 2007 06:26 PM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Euro dates are popping up now....
From Backstreets.com

TICKET ALERTS
E Street Band goes open-air in Europe for 2008
Be sure to keep an eye on our Tour/Ticket Info page, as 2008 European dates are starting to fill in. First up is the Dublin opener on May 22: tickets go on sale tomorrow (Wednesday) at 0900, with the possibility of two more Dublin dates to be added.

Apparently, ticketmaster.ie jumped the gun a few hours ago and listed shows for Friday 23/5 and Sunday 25/5 as well - with tomorrow as the onsale date - and then removed them.

I know Bruce is very popular in Ireland, but I cant believe even he can shift 100,000 tickets.

I knew there would be two shows, now I suppose it makes sense why the two projected shows were just on a Thursday and Friday as weekend nights made more sense.
28th November 2007 07:25 AM
Gazza Looks like I was wrong about his ability to sell tickets.

First show sold out in about 20-30 minutes.
Second show went on sale at 9.15 and has now sold out. Third show on sale at 9.45 and going fast.

In for all three!
28th November 2007 07:37 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Looks like I was wrong about his ability to sell tickets.

Second show went on sale at 9.15 and has now sold out. Third show on sale at 9.45 and going fast.

In for all three!

Way to go, Gazza!!!!..not that I had any doubts you would miss any of the shows!!!
28th November 2007 08:12 AM
Gazza I've never missed a Bruce show in Ireland, north or south. I think this will be 17 out of the 17 he's played since 1985.

he also guested with Joe Ely in Dublin twice - I got in to one of them
28th November 2007 11:07 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

In for all three!

Damn! Remind me to enlist your services next time I'm trying to get tickets...you're a little bulldog!
Nice going, kid!
28th November 2007 12:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Damn! Remind me to enlist your services next time I'm trying to get tickets...

Er..you did. Remember? It didn't work, unfortunately.

You'll get a nice little run of stadium shows around your way next August/September though, I'd imagine.
28th November 2007 03:29 PM
robpop A little gift from the "burgh".

Highlight of the night:

Oh yeah:

28th November 2007 04:42 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Er..you did. Remember? It didn't work, unfortunately.

Oh hell...damned synapses aren't firing again...
28th November 2007 06:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG Milan got a great show: Adam, Incident, Shuffle, 10th Avenue, and Thunder Road!!!!
28th November 2007 06:40 PM
PartyDoll MEG This is from Madrid:

28th November 2007 08:50 PM
Gazza Placid bunch, arent they? LOL
28th November 2007 10:26 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
This is from Madrid:

great classic songs.

i remember back in the 80's when he did these....we were dancing fools.
those were the 4 hour concerts......oh the good ol days

28th November 2007 11:45 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
Gazza wrote:

In for all three!

Good for ya Gazza. Glad to hear it. You inspire me to follow Bruce around CA to those notorious vacation hot spots...Sacramento,San Jose and Anaheim.....Oh what a glamourous life.LOL....It's Only Rock & Roll.
29th November 2007 07:21 AM
Gazza Come to Europe!

Anyway, some more Euro dates announced :

29/6 Copenhagen
4/7 Gothenburg
7/7 Oslo
11/7 Helsinki

A few gaps in there for additional shows, no doubt.
29th November 2007 08:06 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Come to Europe!

Anyway, some more Euro dates announced :

29/6 Copenhagen
4/7 Gothenburg
7/7 Oslo
11/7 Helsinki

A few gaps in there for additional shows, no doubt.

The dollar-euro exchange is a killer these days...
30th November 2007 07:06 AM
Gazza Tonight's show in Arnhem, Netherlands has been postponed for 24 hours as Bruce has 'flu, it seems.

On a more positive note, after selling out the Camp Nou Stadium in Barcelona yesterday - the biggest stadium in Europe with a seating capacity for football of 99,000 - a second show on July 20th has been added, which will probably be the Euroepan tour finale.
[Edited by Gazza]
30th November 2007 08:31 AM
PartyDoll MEG Hey Mr. Springsteen expert....

Has Bruce ever cancelled a show before this one?
30th November 2007 02:20 PM
Gazza He actually postponed his entire European tour in spring 1981 due to nervous exhaustion. I had tickets to one of the 6 Wembley shows scheduled for early April, couldnt go to the rescheduled date as it clashed with my French A-Level exam. but got it changed to 29 May instead. My first ever Bruce show. And still the best one. For another 15 days anyway.

Since then? I remember him postponing one on the BITUSA tour in 1984 for 24 hours because he had flu - I think it was in Tacoma or somewhere like that.

Off the top of my head I cant think of too many since that were pulled due to ill-health. Some have had to be rescheduled for logistical reasons though.

(Edit - just read that he pulled one in Lexington, KY - not too far from you - in 1992 due to illness, and there was one on the 'Rising' tour postponed as the Big Man had a detached retina.)

[Edited by Gazza]
1st December 2007 11:34 AM
PartyDoll MEG Got my floor tickets for Columbus this AM..without a problem. Why did it have to be such a hassle for Cleveland and Boston??!!

Sure ya don't wanna come to Cowtown, my Brucey Buddies?
1st December 2007 12:00 PM
Gazza Bruce in London - confirmed date

Friday 30 May - Emirates Stadium (Arsenal FC)

Tickets on sale next week
1st December 2007 01:11 PM
Ade thanks Gazza -
hugely suprised he's booked the Arse
and not Wembley....must be a sponsors thing?
1st December 2007 01:24 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Ade wrote:
thanks Gazza -

Oh..just forget it's the Arse, Ade and get your Arse to it!!!!

Any luck with the upcoming London show? Get a ticket any means you can and go..don't miss it!
1st December 2007 01:27 PM
Ade not yet honey - must be a 'drop' in the next week or so!!
1st December 2007 02:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ade wrote:
thanks Gazza -

Maybe - and as its a new stadium, theres been no shows there until now, so its a bit of a leap in the dark. Tickets on sale wednesday, I'm hearing. The show is also on my birthday but I might be elsewhere that weekend. I think I would lose my testicles if we went to this show as well, especially as I may have a continental excursion for a show or two later in the summer.

the fact that its a Friday would make me think there'll be a second show next day - which would end up with more people seeing him in London over 2 nights at the Emirates than would see one show in London.

I guess its a bit similar to what he's doing in Dublin. He could have played 1 night at Croke Park which holds about 82,000 for a sporting event - but instead hes playing 3 shows at a stadium less than half that size. Very fan friendly as opposed to just taking the money and playing the biggest place posible - and good news for those of us who like multiple shows.
1st December 2007 02:33 PM
Ade all good points sir
- will keep fingers crossed for the ticket sales
1st December 2007 04:09 PM
PartyDoll MEG "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" for Arnhem tonite.
Aren't ya sorry ya missed it Mel and Leftie?
1st December 2007 08:03 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
"Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" for Arnhem tonite.
Aren't ya sorry ya missed it Mel and Leftie?

In a word, no.

Looks like he's ditched Thundercrack.
Hasn't been played since LA.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)