ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Springsteen album & tour October 2nd (NSC) PT. II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
15th November 2007 04:32 AM
robpop What an incredible night. I'll be back later to fill in.
[Edited by robpop]
15th November 2007 06:48 AM
Nellcote I'm A Rocker-Bruce Springsteen

I got a 007 watch and it's a one and only
It's got a I-Spy beeper that tells me when you're lonely
I got a Batmobile so I can reach ya' in a fast shake
When your world's in crisis of an impendin' heartbreak

Now don't you call James Bond or Secret Agent Man
Cause they can't do it, like I can
I'm a rocker, baby, I'm a rocker - every day
I'm a rocker, baby, I'm a rocker

If you're hanging from a cliff or you're tied to the tracks, girl
Columbo split and you can't find Kojak
True love is broken and your tears are fallin' faster
You're sufferin' from a pain in your heart or some other natural disaster

Now I don't care what kind of shape you're in
If they put up a roadblock, I'll parachute in
I'm a rocker, baby, I'm a rocker - I'm in love
I'm a rocker, baby, I'm a rocker - every day
I'm a rocker, baby, I'm a rocker - with you

So you fell for some jerk who was tall, dark and handsome
Then he kidnapped your heart and now he's holdin' it for ransom
Well, like a mission impossible I'm gonna go and get it back
You know I would'a taken better care of it, baby, than that

Sometimes I get so hot girl, well, I can't talk
But when I'm with you I cool off , and I walk
I'm a rocker, baby, I'm a rocker, and I talk
I'm a rocker, baby, I'm a rocker, every day

Just because......

15th November 2007 07:08 AM
Gazza
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Hopin' so.

I'm making a buncha "From Small Things" signs to hand out to every little kid I see.

And if that doesn't work, Im hopeful that waving Dave Edmunds himself over my head will...

By sheer coincidence, I'm listening to Dave Edmunds right now. The first Springsteen show I ever saw (Wembley '81) was the same night that he gave Edmunds the demo for 'From small things big things come'. When I saw Edmunds about a year later, I shouted for him to play it, and he did!
15th November 2007 07:12 AM
Nellcote Great story!
I see Edmunds is touring with Joe Brown?
Good to see him back out & about.
15th November 2007 08:28 AM
Gazza For Gottorollme and any other "Joisey girls" out there

"Girls in Their Summer Clothes"
We are casting for a new music video for Bruce Springsteen - his new song,"Girls in Their Summer Clothes."

We're looking for "real people" women, all ages, ethnicities, age 15-80. We encourage NON-Actors, as well! (Sorry, no SAG)
The shoot will be this weekend, November 17 or 18 in New Jersey, and there will be compensation for this.

If interested and available, please e-mail a picture of yourself (including phone number) ASAP to: brucevideo@gmail.com

No Phone Calls please.
Nov 13 2007

http://heerycasting.com/index.php
15th November 2007 10:42 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
For Gottorollme and any other "Joisey girls" out there

"Girls in Their Summer Clothes"
We are casting for a new music video for Bruce Springsteen - his new song,"Girls in Their Summer Clothes."

We're looking for "real people" women, all ages, ethnicities, age 15-80. We encourage NON-Actors, as well! (Sorry, no SAG)
The shoot will be this weekend, November 17 or 18 in New Jersey, and there will be compensation for this.

If interested and available, please e-mail a picture of yourself (including phone number) ASAP to: brucevideo@gmail.com

No Phone Calls please.
Nov 13 2007

http://heerycasting.com/index.php

Thank you, dahling, I'll look into it. I'm "real" (and no SAG!)
15th November 2007 03:50 PM
robpop Ok guys, here goes, I have so much to say. I'll try to keep it brief.

On a personal note, my father called me and he needed some help moving some heavy items out of the house. So I stopped over on my way to the show. Needless to say I twisted the hell out of my knee and could hardly walk. I almost did not make the show. But then I remembered I had some Vicodins left over from earlier in the year. Took two and I was as good as can be. (I'm in some serious pain now).

Before the show, my girlfriend and I stopped at the Super Bowl Bar. It is a tradition to stop there before any shows at the arena. I ran into my X. She blew me off at first, but after a few drinks she talked to me. She actually told me that it was the biggest mistake she had ever made by leaving me. The guy she left me for ended up treating her like shit. I did not know what to say.

Ok on with the show.

The show was incredible. MEG, Leftshoe, Mel, I will meet up with you guys during the spring tour. I wish I could meet up with you all in Beantown, but that is impossible at this time.

The new songs were great to hear live. They were performed with the upmost confidence, unlike a band that brought us all together. "Girls in their Summer Clothes" did not let me down.

"Code of Silence" was good, but I had heard it better from Bruce and Joe. "Youngstown" was a pleasant suprise. Always a favorite here. I grew up in, and moved back to the Monongahela Valley mentioned it that song. It will always be home.

I agree with Mel. "Night" and "She's the One" was a perfect combo. Kitty had to be the highlight of the night. I was hoping for "Thundercrack", but I was not let down by its replacement.

Overall it was a great night. I wish you guys all the best in Boston. I look foreward to meeting you all a Bruce show next year. I will be attending as many as I can.
15th November 2007 09:38 PM
Mel Belli "Sandy" in Albany tonight. Nice!
15th November 2007 09:59 PM
Mel Belli Now "The E Street Shuffle"! Hope someone's YouTubein'.
15th November 2007 10:03 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Now "The E Street Shuffle"!

You eyein' up the Sunday Acela schedule yet, Mel?
15th November 2007 10:08 PM
robpop Hey guys, can you post the link that has the live set list updates?

Thanks.
15th November 2007 10:09 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
robpop wrote:
Hey guys, can you post the link that has the live set list updates?

Thanks.

www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopic.php?t=57744
15th November 2007 10:11 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

You eyein' up the Sunday Acela schedule yet, Mel?

Ha! If only. Heading to Memphis for the holiday, as it happens.
15th November 2007 10:13 PM
robpop
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopic.php?t=57744

Thanks my friend. Still on a buzz from last night. I wish I could make it to Boston with you guys. Maybe next year sometime.
16th November 2007 06:19 AM
PartyDoll MEG Last nite from Backstreets.com:

11/15, ALBANY: THE MAN GIVES THEM A DOUBLE SHOT
A stunner of a setlist, and a start-to-finish smoking performance to match. First of all, the "Reason to Believe"/"She's the One" sandwich was a double-decker, with both "Darkness on the Edge of Town" and "Candy's Room" in the middle -- cool on paper, and incredibly powerful in performance. But it wasn't the jaw-dropper of the set. For that, we direct your attention forward a few songs, to what Bruce called a "double shot from Wild & Innocent!" It was a passionate "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)" into "The E Street Shuffle," both rarities in their own right, and back-to-back like this we're talking hen's teeth. This was a crowd that appreciated what they were getting, too. For "Sandy," it was spotlight on Danny Federici, literally -- Phantom Dan was bathed in light as he stepped out from behind the organ for some beautiful accordion playing. "Sandy" was last played at Giants Stadium in 2003, but for the last E Street Band performance of "E Street Shuffle," you've got to go back to the end of the reunion tour, July 1, 2000. In the encore, Springsteen dedicated "Thunder Road" to Matty Delia, "one of my best friends in the whole world," on his 53rd birthday. And after the spirited crowd held their own, singing out the beginning of the song up to "that's alright with me," Bruce stepped back to the mic and said, "Me too!"

Next: No Patti tonight, but we hear she'll be back for Boston -- and that's the last stop on this leg, wih the final two U.S. shows of 2007 on Sunday and Monday nights at the TD Banknorth Garden.

Setlist:
Radio Nowhere
No Surrender
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason to Believe
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Candy's Room
She's the One
Livin' in the Future
The Promised Land
I'll Work For Your Love
4th OF JULY, ASBURY PARK(SANDY)
E STREET SHUFFLE
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands
Girls in Their Summer Clothes
Thunder Road
Born to Run
Dancing in the Dark
American Land

Wonder what is in store for us??!!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
16th November 2007 06:50 AM
Ade sounds great!
16th November 2007 07:09 AM
Gazza >4th OF JULY, ASBURY PARK(SANDY)
>E STREET SHUFFLE

That is simply taking the piss. He's just showing off now.
16th November 2007 02:26 PM
Child of the Moon Are we talking rhe fast, groovin' E Street Shuffle from thw album, or that painfully long, slow version that he'd taken to do doing for so long?

I just gotsta know!

Sparks fly on E Street when the boy prophets walk it handsome and hot,
All the little girls' souls grow weak when the manchild gives them a double shot,
The schoolboy pops pull out all the stops on a Friday night,
The teenage tramps in skin-tight pants do the E Street dance and everything's alright,
Little kids down there either dancin' or hooked up in a scuffle,
Dressed in snake-skin suits packed with Detroit muscle
They're doin' the E Street Shuffle.

Now those E Street brats in twilight duel flashlight phantoms in full star stream,
Down fire trails on silver nights with blonde girls pledged sweet sixteen,
The newsboys say the heat's been bad since Power Thirteen gave a trooper all he had in a summer scuffle,
And Power's girl, Little Angel, been on the corner keepin' those crazy boys out of trouble,
Little Angel steps the shuffle like she ain't got no brains,
She's deaf in combat down on Lover's Lane
She drives all them local boys insane.

Little Angel says, "Oh, everybody form a line.
Oh, everybody form a line."

Sparks fly on E Street when the boy-prophets walk it handsome and hot,
All them little girls' souls grow weak when the manchild gives them a double shot,
Little Angel hangs out at Easy Joe's. it's a club where all the riot squad
goes when they're cashin' in for a cheap hustle,
But them boys are still on the corner loose and doin' that lazy E Street Shuffle,
As them sweet summer nights turn into summer dreams Little Angel picks up Power and he slips on his jeans as they move on out down to the scene
All the kids are dancin'.

-Springsteen
16th November 2007 02:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
Are we talking rhe fast, groovin' E Street Shuffle from thw album, or that painfully long, slow version that he'd taken to do doing for so long?

Fast, I'd imagine. Thats how its been done for many years now.
16th November 2007 02:44 PM
ebmp
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
Are we talking rhe fast, groovin' E Street Shuffle from thw album, or that painfully long, slow version that he'd taken to do doing for so long?

Are you saying you don't like the slow version he used to do in the 70's? Man that version fucking rocks!
16th November 2007 02:53 PM
Gazza It was good, but it does go on a bit. I think I've a version from about 1975 that lasts about 17 minutes.....
16th November 2007 05:08 PM
fireontheplatter i live an hour and a half from albany and i didn't go last night.
i asked 4-5 people if they wanted to go, but no one was remotely interested....to much money.
i am sure it was a banging show tho.
hopefully giants stadium next summer.

everybody say ow
16th November 2007 06:25 PM
Gazza Milwaukee now added for St Patricks Day (17/3/08). Tickets on sale Monday 26th.
16th November 2007 08:15 PM
Nellcote "I live an hour and a half from albany and i didn't go last night. i asked 4-5 people if they wanted to go, but no one was remotely interested....to much money.
i am sure it was a banging show tho.
hopefully giants stadium next summer."

Surely, you are not proud of this? Break loose, enjoy life! I drove two hours each way to Hahtfud, by myself. Got home @ 130A after one of the best shows I've spent $100 bucks on, ever....If you've got other reasons, so be it, however, you've got to get on the train.......Don't miss out next time....
16th November 2007 09:04 PM
Mel Belli $100 bucks is a bargain for someone at Springsteen's level!
16th November 2007 09:10 PM
Nellcote If, one is lucky to cut thru the Ticketbastard haze (thanks meg!), face price for The Boss is the best entertainment value for a talent of such stature. Getting a GA ticket, as well as being 14th in line after the pit number is drawn only increases the value.
17th November 2007 01:11 PM
PartyDoll MEG Sandy..

Youngstown...

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
17th November 2007 09:16 PM
PartyDoll MEG Off to Boston..very, very early tomorrow morning..

See Ya there Nelly and Leftie.. Just a wee RO gathering!!

BRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCE!!!!!!
18th November 2007 04:57 PM
Gazza First pic from todays "mini summit" in Bahston (it was a little too dark, but did the best I could with it)

Nellcote, Meg, Queenofunderground
[Edited by Gazza]
18th November 2007 05:00 PM
robpop All my best wishes on a great show!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)