ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, September 26, 2002.
REUTERS/Jeff Christensen

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Catwalk debut of my new girlfriends!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
09-24-02 01:06 PM
Moonisup Yeah Grolsch, heineken, amstel, oranjeboom, dommelsch are great bears!! I like them all, maybe a bit to much
09-24-02 01:10 PM
Factory Girl Who is Raging Goat? A new poster at Rocks Off?
09-24-02 01:12 PM
Pants Make the Man I just wanted to put that in there, Kennedy, "going at it like cats and dogs." That, and, "a real donnybrook." But jb should post there more often, I think. Maybe I shouldn't laugh, but it seems funny to me when he gets people going. There is obviously some history there that I've missed. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off in search of Jade Jagger photos. Good day.
09-24-02 01:13 PM
Scot Rocks I have tried the first 3 Rik, however not the last 2, Sir Moonie, Tennents Lager is allright, 4.5% I think that cos everyone drinks it here everywhere, that you tend to wanna try something a bit stronger, the stuff from the continent I much prefer.

Mark
09-24-02 01:16 PM
sirmoonie Hey Scot Rocks, how about McEwan's? Tennant's will always hold a special place in my liver though. I love Tennies!

One beer that get a lot of acclaim, that I just can't stand is NewCastle Nut Brown. Does nothing for me. Tastes like sour rat piss.
09-24-02 01:16 PM
jb Good evening Sir Rik....How ya all doing in Holland today....How do ya like that German election!!! Very anti-american feelings...not like the wonderful dutch!!!!
09-24-02 01:19 PM
sirmoonie Pretty bad, comparing our President to their uni-ball Fuhrer. I think we oughta Dresdenize the damn place and start over. Once again.
09-24-02 01:22 PM
Moonisup If everyone would drink beer, I prefer wodka, their would be know war!! Drink beer, no war
09-24-02 01:23 PM
jb What bothers me is that the anti-american stance was very popular among the electorate and pretty much facilitated Schroeder's win...
09-24-02 01:24 PM
jb Rik, you are working too hard in the garden...are you planting those special plants for home consumption?
09-24-02 01:24 PM
scope Since this seems to be the post that just won't die, I figured I'd join in.
Beer is the nectar of the gods. While I do enjoy a nice wine with dinner, or cocktails now and then, beer is the anytime liquid refreshment.
Laying around at the beach = Beer
Doing some work around the house = Beer
Watching NY football teams = BEER (okay, this weekend a shot or 2 was needed)
Getting ready to see the greatest rock n' roll band = Beer, Beer and Beer.

And you FG, you gotta love a girl that knows and likes her beer.

09-24-02 01:26 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
Rik, you are working too hard in the garden...are you planting those special plants for home consumption?

No, not those plants!! A friend of mine does that, well I never get high anyway, so I almost never do those things!!
I am fine, How are you josh??? Feeling ok I hope?

MOUP
09-24-02 01:27 PM
Moonisup
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Pretty bad, comparing our President to their uni-ball Fuhrer. I think we oughta Dresdenize the damn place and start over. Once again.

Well, I would not disagree with that! Dresdenize is too hard, but Schroder is a loser, a bradwurst!
09-24-02 01:29 PM
jb Very good, thank you Rik....I recieved my Stones baseball shirt and bandana yesterday and it's very cool....I am wearing it tonight to my little boy's football game(not to be confused with Europena futbol anfdthe accompanying hooligans!).
09-24-02 01:30 PM
sirmoonie The German electorate is quite well know for electing fucked up politicians. Ole Schicklegrubbie being the most notable. Nothing surprising there.

They can brew some choice beers though. And they came up with the brilliant idea of drinking beer in steins as big as my dick. They should quit politics and focus on beer.

They shouldn't do rock and roll either. The Scorpions were there best, and they were only so-so, before falling of the radar screen a decade or so ago.

Thats just, IMHFO.
09-24-02 01:30 PM
Factory Girl Why thank you scope, you are most kind. I do love beer. I also love vodka-Stolichnaya. I love to do shots. Its good to drink vodka, and then mellow down with beers.
09-24-02 01:32 PM
jb Thanks Geraldo!!!! I hope this avatar does not offend anyone!!!LOL
09-24-02 01:33 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Why thank you scope, you are most kind. I do love beer. I also love vodka-Stolichnaya. I love to do shots. Its good to drink vodka, and then mellow down with beers.

Oh yeah, ya know how to work it girl!
09-24-02 01:33 PM
sirmoonie Who is that Josh? You? Its too small to see.
09-24-02 01:34 PM
Riffhard I gots to go with Guinness.It's just so damned tasty.It is also suprisingly light.Did you know that Guinness has less colories than skim milk.That is the god's honest truth.I have always refered to Guinness as mother's milk myself.

As for domestic beers in America.Nothing beats Samuel Adams.I was in Boston the week before the tour kicked off attending the Sam Adams Summer Jam.It was my stations second year to attend.I broadcast my show from the loading dock of the Boston Beer Co.(Sam Adams).It was great I interviewed the 2002 Playboy Playmate of the year Dalene Curtis.She is the hottest looking woman I have ever met in my entire life and I've met some nice ones!Gene Simmons just tried to sell anything and everything Kiss related....but,back to my point.Jim Koch(pronouced Cook)gave me a sample of this very rare high dollor beer he brews called Samual Adams Utopius.This stuff is truly a work of brewing art.He had to have a special strain of yeast bio engineerd just to brew this ass kicking beer.It is the strongest beer in the world.It has an alcohol content of %25.You read that right!That means it's 50 proof!It is a beer though,as it is brewed and not fermented(wine)or distilled(spirits).You drink it at room temp out of a brandy sniffter.It's unbelievablely good!No chugging this stuff!They sell it for $140-$160.00 per 750ml bottle.Check it out on the Sam Adams website.I drank about three 6oz cups of this stuff and I was flying!Ofcourse,I was supplementing this fine libation with plenty of ice cold pints of Samuel Adams Summer Ale and Boston Lager!

This thread is begining to make me very thirsty!

Riffhard

09-24-02 01:35 PM
jb Me and the boys...notice the aging from the earlier wedding photo and the goatee!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17