ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, September 26, 2002.
REUTERS/Jeff Christensen

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Catwalk debut of my new girlfriends!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
09-22-02 02:16 PM
Moonisup
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Like poopdeck. Is poopdeck in here? Well it is now, by golly. I am very proud of poopdeck. Wouldn't you be?

I don't understand the time delay that people notice on the poopdeck. What is the distance from the poopdeck to the amps and speakers on the main stage? 30 yards? 50 at most? How could there be an electronic delay detectable by human eyes and ears in that short an amount of cable? Someone please 'splain.

the pooper is very cool and it will be in MSG
09-22-02 02:20 PM
Riffhard Hey SirStonesalot and simoonie no offense intended.It's just that an 11 page thread is a bit intimidating ya know?It's like grabbing a copy of Tolstoy's War and Peace for a bit of lite reading.Although,I must concur with you guys on some of the posts contained within this monster thread.I enjoyed the Pattie meltdown in particular.Psst...hey Pattie,we oldtimers know who the real Queen is and it ain't you darling!

Annie,I think we are goona get at least one night of Some Girls.It's just so freaking NYC.I can't see them not doing it.As for Black and Blue.That would be a real treat!Hand of Fate,Crazy Mamma,Fool to Cry,Hey Negrita,oh yeah,that could be very nice indeed!

Riffhard
09-22-02 02:24 PM
sirmoonie Oh you bet it will my little dyke-building buddy. All stadium and arena shows will feature the poopdeck. Mick has personally guaranteed it.

Which reminds me. Did they have them big giant ass fire bombs going off at the Vet? Comsikey? I don't recall anyone mention them since Boston. God, I hope they didn't drop those big ass fucking fire bombs from the show.

They go like this:
"pfizzzzz.........WhhhhhooooooooosssSSSSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!! KAAABOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then everyone goes: "Yaaayyyy!" or "Ooooooooohhhhhh!" or "Stonnnnnnesssssssssssssssss!!!" or something like that.
09-22-02 02:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot Riffy...Is that you in the header pic? You musta been so impressed with the Blimp that you decided to try and look like one! Hit the SlimFast my man!

sirmoonie....There was lots of fire bombs going off at The Vet. It was cool.
09-22-02 02:40 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Riffy...Is that you in the header pic? You musta been so impressed with the Blimp that you decided to try and look like one! Hit the SlimFast my man!

sirmoonie....There was lots of fire bombs going off at The Vet. It was cool.

I don't see that as PR for the stones, he is Huge! 10 of his size and the Roseland ballroom will be filled,
hahahah

rik
09-22-02 03:17 PM
~AzQb

i bet KeysToYerLove on Thurs. Sir!!!

~
09-22-02 03:19 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Riffy...Is that you in the header pic? You musta been so impressed with the Blimp that you decided to try and look like one! Hit the SlimFast my man!

What?

Of course that's not Riffy!

It's Mick Taylor!

After five months of Dieting!

-tSYX --- Gimme! Gimme! Gimme - the honky tonk blues!
09-22-02 03:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hmmmmmm. What's the bet? I may just take some of that action...
09-22-02 03:25 PM
~AzQb

They'll debut something at the Garden.

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmm...what should we bet....on Keys...lessee...
who's hoarsest post-gig?

Maybe just a few Guinness ; ) how bout that fer a bet. If they do Keys you owe me one.

~RoTfL
09-22-02 03:28 PM
Moonisup Well I think AZ could be right about 'keys', they always do something special in MSG, remember 'might as well get juiced' during the BTB tour! And MSG is the most played venue by the stones!!

Rik

gimme gimme gimme a wooden shoe
09-22-02 03:35 PM
sirmoonie Is MSG really their most visited venue?

Later this evening, I am having myself cryogenically frozen and shipped overnight to the cooler at the ye Old Triple Inn (coincidentally located just minutes away from MSG). I can't take this any longer.
09-22-02 03:38 PM
~AzQb

It's called the "StonesJones" Sir Moonie.

We have a few days, knowing that this is important to them, as well as for us.

So some Black&Blue, some Some Girls, a spoonful of Raggedy Goat ; )

And Keys.

~
09-22-02 03:51 PM
Riffhard Now,now Sir Stonesalot you know damn good and well that's not me on the header!For one I don't smoke anymore,cigarettes that is,and two I would never be caught dead in a three quarter length jersey!I am considerably more svelt than that guy.That shirt could shelter five young children or three average size adults!

I might have more chins than he does though.

Riffhard
09-22-02 03:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, his hair is greasier, stringier, and longer than yours too.
09-22-02 03:57 PM
~AzQb

SiRRiFfErBoy~!

Thanks for the encouragement; i needed that.

I think yer right about Some Girls, and i think they'll do some Black&Blue. They'll pull 1-2 new ones and we may have a set. Who knows.

"...and the meat i ate for dinner...it must be hung up for week"

So maybe some LIB too.

~RoTfL
p/s i'm glad people were amused at this thread rather than TOO pissed at the wasted space.
09-22-02 04:25 PM
sirmoonie Remember that stupid song by Right Said Fred about the catwalk? Man, was that annoying. "Shake my little tush on the catwalk..." What kind of fucking guy.....goddam, it aggravates me to this day that I never got a chance to smack that sonofabitch. Anyone know what band he is in these days?

The ole T, huh? The big T. C10 in the big T. Banging down Guinscuds at the ole T. Whacking back some Jack at the ole T. Chiseling hootch-smack at the T. Man, the regular patrons ain't gonna know what hit them. 3 plus hours of non-stop Stones!

Can you do the YOTI like your mama taught you? Moof.
09-22-02 04:27 PM
Moonisup
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Remember that stupid song by Right Said Fred about the catwalk? Man, was that annoying. "Shake my little tush on the catwalk..." What kind of fucking guy.....goddam, it aggravates me to this day that I never got a chance to smack that sonofabitch. Anyone know what band he is in these days?

The ole T, huh? The big T. C10 in the big T. Banging down Guinscuds at the ole T. Whacking back some Jack at the ole T. Chiseling hootch-smack at the T. Man, the regular patrons ain't gonna know what hit them. 3 plus hours of non-stop Stones!

Can you do the YOTI like your mama taught you? Moof.

Yeah rock on Moonie!!
Wich fool would call his band "right said Fred" It was a gay band, not that I hate gays, but they where gays, but did not say that!! ugh Just hit Fred would be better!!

RIK
09-22-02 04:41 PM
sirmoonie Thats right my red-lighting buddy! Right Bitchslap Fred! What a ponce. Little lord Fauntleroy. Fontanel head.

Its like Boy George singing "Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me cry?" What? Is that one of them there 'rhetoricalistic' types of questions? I'll tell you what I'd like to do, I'd like to kick your fucking ass backwards, you mongo-zip pissing boofpunter!

Hey Mupp, as soon as I finish my Thin Lizzy starter CD kit, you can have one. So far, its got Whiskey in the Jar (covered recently by Metallica), Boys Are Back in Town, Cowboy Song ("bruddah, bruddah...."), and Lynott's tear-jerking Ode to a Black Man. Thats my fave, right before ole Philly Dog coked himself over and died, he sang Ode to a Black Man. "Ohhh, black man...."
09-22-02 04:51 PM
Moonisup Whiskey in a jar is a great song!! Always liked thin lizzy with Gary, it is a pitty that the singer died!!

rik
09-22-02 04:52 PM
~AzQb

C'mon everybody.

Lessee if'n we can make this thread an even 4-00

~ ; )
09-22-02 04:56 PM
Moonisup
quote:
~AzQb wrote:
C'mon everybody.

Lessee if'n we can make this thread an even 4-00

~ ; )

it will go on! I am listening to Parachute women from Orphuem, hmmmmmmm nice it is great, the link for the download is here on the board, by bedspringsonic, bless the man

RIK
09-22-02 04:59 PM
sirmoonie Its also got Jailbreak on it. Its the Mother of all Thin Lizzy starter kits. The only one of its kind in the world.

Thin Lizzy was as good as 70s hard rock got at times. Dass da fuckin' troof! I dig Thin Lizzy! Chicks dig guys like me who dig Thin Lizzy!

I wonder what the Stones thought of Thin Lizzy? Probably digged them a lot.

And that jukebox over in the corner of the YOTI cranking out my favorite song, the nights are getting warmer, it won't be long, won't be long before the summer comes, now that the C10 boys are here again!
[Edited by sirmoonie]
09-22-02 05:41 PM
sirmoonie I'll have to include some stuff from Johnny the Fox, which was Lizzy's "Tommy" although I thought it was weaker than most of their albums, Jailbreak, of course, being their best.

Yep, Lizzy rocked cocks. If you ain't heard the Lizz, you ain't heard pizz. Lynott and Gorham definately kept the band firmly rooted in the blues, even if it did turn bloozy at times, and prevented it from straying into pathetic heavy metal territory.

I never saw them, but a buddy of mine did, I think with Blue Oyster Cult. He said everyone was yelling "Lizzy! Lizzy! Lizzy!" just like you would imagine people doing if they were seeing a band called "Thin Lizzy."
09-22-02 05:44 PM
Moonisup Ah man, I was born in the wrong year, I've missed the action!! That's bad man, it really is, would have given years of my live to see the stones in the sixties ore seventies

ROLLING STONES ====> RULE

RIK ===> ROLLING STONES FAN,

PROFESSION ===> ROLLING STONES FAN
09-22-02 05:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot >mongo-zip pissing boofpunter! <

I have no idea what that means, but somehow, I'm glad you don't mean me!
09-22-02 06:08 PM
Factory Girl SS, I'm putting you in charge of sirmonnie's misbehaving.

I look forward to your reviews of the shows and of P, J (or whomever MJ is boinking now) and J.W.

Please make sure sirmoonie does not say "poopdeck" in front of the ladies. Or, maybe, that would work for HIM.
09-22-02 06:15 PM
sirmoonie Hell no Stoney! You're my man! I watched Cocksucker Blues last night thanks to you! You're C10! I could go on and on, singing your praises.

I save mongo-zip pissing boofpunter for people I can't stand. Like Boy George and the Eagles and Eagles fans and people who go to Eagles' shows and opposing counsel and people who declare Jihad.

So whats with ole FPM? That bummed me out, because he is obviously a good guy in addition to being C10. Wait, I know, to cheer him up, remind him that he'll see me in 4 days! If that doesn't make ole FPM smile, nothing will! He really digs me!
09-22-02 06:21 PM
sirmoonie FG, "poopdeck" is a nautical term. Something on a ship. Like the front or the control house or starboard or some aqualistic deal. I dunno, I haven't bought a boat yet. But coincidentally, it also happens to be what Australians call the B stage, although they seem to be embarrased about it for some reason.

Are you ok, FG? You posts have taken on a rather surly, aloof tone.
09-22-02 06:43 PM
Moonisup
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Hell no Stoney! You're my man! I watched Cocksucker Blues last night thanks to you! You're C10! I could go on and on, singing your praises.

Hey sirmoonie! Are u talking to me? Well if ya are, that is nice to say then, yeah cocksuckers is very good, I've said that to you indeed, I am very happy to have it myself, some groovy scenes in that one!!

MoUpie
09-22-02 06:55 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Where is zees linkenzie for zee Orpheum?

-tSYX --- Don' stop!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17