ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© purepeople.com with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Springsteen (NSC) ...Yes... Part III Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
26th February 2008 09:52 PM
PartyDoll MEG LJ....

You go girl!

It is with high anticipation, I await your reaction to what I call the "Bruce Experience"!!!
26th February 2008 11:02 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Meggy, tomorrow I start my preparation for next Friday's show.

I'll be bringing all the CD's you sent me to the office.

My cherry will be burst on March 7th.

LJ.

LJ have big fun. Needless to say,I am pretty sure you will be blown away by Springsteen's stage presence and performance. Even more so than the studio recortdings.
27th February 2008 09:40 PM
ebmp http://youtube.com/watch?v=0AfvzVO1eBc
28th February 2008 07:23 AM
PartyDoll MEG Opener to night in Hartford!
Sorry you won't be there, Nelly, to give us updates.

If you are like me and can't get "Bruce Sirius" on your computer at work, here is a new "bosscast" you can stream!!

http://soul-shack.blogspot.com/2008...returns-to.html
28th February 2008 07:30 AM
PartyDoll MEG OK..for you LJ..
I know you love this song. Sorry you will not see it at Buffalo. So you can watch it here!

the whole video

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
28th February 2008 07:55 AM
LadyJane Thanks Meg.
Beautiful song.
Too bad it is forever associated with Tom "the Freak" Cruise.

LJ.
28th February 2008 09:15 AM
PartyDoll MEG Interesting read

And if you wanna see what is on Bruce's iPod...
http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/...ringsteen_N.htm
28th February 2008 11:50 AM
Gazza 'During rehearsals in Asbury Park earlier this week, Springsteen took some time to speak with USA Today's Elysa Gardner; the interview runs today as Bruce and the band gear up for tonight's kick-off in Hartford. "On any given night, what allows me to get to that higher ground is the audience," he tells the paper. "I look for an audience that's as serious about the experience as we are, which, after all these years, continues to be pretty serious."

Gardner also reveals what Bruce has been up to during the break: "He's been in the studio with E Street, along with Brendan O'Brien, who manned the boards for both Rising and Magic. The singer also is 'recording on my own, for an acoustic record. I work on a lot of projects at once.'" '

www.backstreets.com
28th February 2008 11:55 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
'During rehearsals in Asbury Park earlier this week, Springsteen took some time to speak with USA Today's Elysa Gardner; the interview runs today as Bruce and the band gear up for tonight's kick-off in Hartford. "On any given night, what allows me to get to that higher ground is the audience," he tells the paper. "I look for an audience that's as serious about the experience as we are, which, after all these years, continues to be pretty serious."

Springsteen's first trip back to Nebraska since 1984 promises to be quite memorable .

..... on a side note , thanks to this beloved board , I remain , REMAIN the only individual in the state who has heard about ... ' The Pit ' .

Developing ..................

www.QWESTCENTER.com

www.Omaha.com

" HIT Me Ronnie Cakes ! "

J.
28th February 2008 12:08 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Joey wrote:

Springsteen's first trip back to Nebraska since 1984 promises to be quite memorable .

..... on a side note , thanks to this beloved board , I remain , REMAIN the only individual in the state who has heard about ... ' The Pit ' .

Developing ..................

www.QWESTCENTER.com

www.Omaha.com

" HIT Me Ronnie Cakes ! "

J.

Well, you just gotta hope the Bruce fanatics don't decide to visit the QWest, Joey.
28th February 2008 01:45 PM
Joey
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Well, you just gotta hope the Bruce fanatics don't decide to visit the QWest, Joey.

It is my very FIRST Bruce Springsteen concert MEG .

I am so excited ( .... and on a Friday Evening too )

" YES !!!! "

J. Fly 'kins
28th February 2008 02:23 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Joey wrote:

It is my very FIRST Bruce Springsteen concert MEG .

I am so excited ( .... and on a Friday Evening too )

" YES !!!! "

J. Fly 'kins

here is a little trip down memory lane for the two "Bruce Virgins"-LJ and You

28th February 2008 04:25 PM
Joey
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

here is a little trip down memory lane for the two "Bruce Virgins"-LJ and You

Thanks MEG .

You are much loved by Joey .

What time do I start to ' queue up ' again " Day - of - Show " in order to get my wrist band for the ' Pit Lottery ' ?

Jacky !

www.QWESTCENTEr.com

28th February 2008 04:44 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Joey wrote:

Thanks MEG .

You are much loved by Joey .

What time do I start to ' queue up ' again " Day - of - Show " in order to get my wrist band for the ' Pit Lottery ' ?

Jacky !

www.QWESTCENTEr.com

How about....

28th February 2008 08:59 PM
PartyDoll MEG Setlist from Hartford:

1. SO YOUNG AND IN LOVE
2. Radio Nowhere
3. Lonesome Day
4. Gypsy Biker
5. Magic
6. Reason To Believe
7. LOOSE ENDS
8. She's The One
9. Living In The Future
10. The Promised Land
11. Waitin On A Sunny Day
12. JANEY DON'T YOU LOSE HEART
13. The River (1st time in the States this tour)
14. Devil's Arcade
15. The Rising
16. Last To Die
17. Long Walk Home
18. Badlands

19. Girls In Their Summer Clothes
20. Backstreets
21. Kitty's Back
22. Born To Run
23. American Land

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
28th February 2008 10:25 PM
sweetcharmedlife Wow,your fast MEG. I was just about to post that.LOL....But it looks like a pretty good set list. Not that much different than the last leg. But it's still early.
28th February 2008 10:26 PM
robpop
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
Wow,your fast MEG. I was just about to post that.LOL....But it looks like a pretty good set list. Not that much different than the last leg. But it's still early.

Naw, its late. BTR, AL, and maybe another song.
28th February 2008 10:42 PM
PartyDoll MEG Threee tour premieres, plus The River. No Patti or Danny according to BTX. I'd say Hartford got a good show. I wouldn't complain!
28th February 2008 10:47 PM
robpop
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Threee tour premieres, plus The River. No Patti or Danny according to BTX. I'd say Hartford got a good show. I wouldn't complain!

I'm going to complain, because I was not there.
29th February 2008 07:32 AM
Gazza Stunning setlist. "The River" was superb in Belfast. He goes into this wailing falsetto at the end of it which will make the hair on the back of your arse stand up.

Good to see him dipping into the 'Tracks' boxed set. Thats a pretty outrageous choice of opening song!

And letting Nils sing the second verse of "Janey Dont You Lose Heart" (when was THAT last played? Holy crap!)- being the first Bruce song he ever played on - was a nice touch.

Good news on Danny Federici too :

(from www.backstreets.com)

We'll admit it, for the first night back after more than two months off, we were expecting a standard show, maybe a little halting, as Springsteen and the E Street Band got their feet back under them. But from the beginning -- as Bruce hollered "Is there anybody alive out there!" and went not into "Radio Nowhere" but "So Young and in Love" to start -- he and the band were immediately up to speed, and Hartford was a hot, high-energy show. In mid-season shape from the moment they took the stage, they were also clearly determined to offer something new for this second swing around North America, with three top-tier tour debuts from Tracks. In addition to that surprise opener, "Loose Ends" was very well received, with Bruce and Steve sharing extended vocals at the end. The third premiere was played appropriately enough "for Janey," it was "Janey Don't You Lose Heart." Nils' first recorded vocal with the E Street Band, tonight the song put the spotlight on him once again, a great moment as he took over to sing the second verse.

Patti Scialfa was absent tonight, as was Danny Federici, with Charles Giordano continuing to fill in on organ as he did in Europe (tonight was his U.S. debut with the E Streeters). After telling the crowd that Patti sends her love, Bruce went on to say that Danny does too, offering a long-awaited update to fans who've been wondering about the Phantom: "He's doing all right. Hopefully he'll make it out for a few shows on this leg of the tour." Bruce also took the moment to recognize Charlie and give him a bow.

Working the stage and the crowd hard, Bruce added a few new thoughts to the often downbeat "Livin' in the Future" rap: "I feel some changes coming... I feel a new wind!" The set-closing five-pack remains intact, with some nice refinements to "Long Way Home" carrying over from its evolving arrangement on the European tour. Nils and particularly Steve get to step up on vocals at the end, to great effect. "Dancing in the Dark" dropped out of the encore to make room for an epic doubleshot, "Backstreets" into "Kitty's Back," where Charlie really got a chance to shine. And opening night -- not a warm-up by any means -- came to a familiar close with "American Land."

"This show just put a big dent in my bank account," a friend of mine told me afterward. How come? "Before, I was on the fence about how many I was going to see this time," he said. "After 'Loose Ends' I realized, dammit, I'm gonna have to see 'em all"

[Edited by Gazza]
29th February 2008 10:19 AM
Joey

I am now so excited for March 14th that I am typing this with me penis .

www.QWESTCENTER.com

29th February 2008 10:31 AM
glencar Why bother getting excited? It's only going to hurt when you get Omaha'd. I predict a night of dirges.
29th February 2008 11:28 AM
Joey " It's only going to hurt when you get Omaha'd. I predict a night of dirges. "

******* SIGH !!!! **********

29th February 2008 11:31 AM
glencar good luck widdat...
29th February 2008 11:33 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
good luck widdat...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J to the O to the E to the Y !!!!!!
29th February 2008 11:36 AM
glencar Mailing it in for de homeys of Omahaha!
29th February 2008 11:51 AM
glencar Back on topic: No tix available still for the 3/10 show at Nassau Col. I think I'd be unable to attend anyway due to working the overnight. So I'd have to leave the show at 1015 or so anyway.
29th February 2008 12:13 PM
glencar Joey, I wouldn't go to effing Omaha if I had a free lift in a Learjet. It just ISN'T gonna happen.
29th February 2008 01:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Back on topic: No tix available still for the 3/10 show at Nassau Col. I think I'd be unable to attend anyway due to working the overnight. So I'd have to leave the show at 1015 or so anyway.

There should be a ticket drop 24-48 hours beforehand as per pretty much every show on this tour.
29th February 2008 03:50 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Gazza wrote:
And letting Nils sing the second verse of "Janey Dont You Lose Heart" (when was THAT last played? Holy crap!)- being the first Bruce song he ever played on - was a nice touch.

Janey was played a handful of times on The Rising Tour.
Opened (!) one of the 03 Giants Stadium shows.
Also saw it at Fenway I.

Love that tune...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)