ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© purepeople.com with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Springsteen (NSC) ...Yes... Part III Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
7th March 2008 10:43 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Well, if she was to be broken in correctly - I'd say Bruce did quite a number on that cherry of hers

You know I am just shakin my head and wishin I had been there....

well in couple more weeks we get our fix, Pammy!!!
7th March 2008 10:45 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle 1. Ties That Bind
2. Radio Nowhere
3. Lonesome Day
4. Be True
5. Gypsy Biker
6. Magic
7. Reason To Believe
8. Night
9. Because The Night
10. She's The One
11. Livin' In The Future
12. The Promised Land
13. I'll Work For Your Love
14. Working On The Highway
15. Devil's Arcade
16. The Rising
17. Last To Die
18. Long Walk Home
19. Badlands

20. Buffalo Gals
21. Girls In Their Summer Clothes
22. Thunder Road
23. Detroit Medley
24. Born To Run
25. Dancing In The Dark
26. American Land

Looks like Buffalo got an absolute smoker -
Ties, Be True, and love that 7-10!

Plus a bonus for the local ladies in the house AND Detroit Medley!!!

My guess is that Bruce made a True Believer out of a certain somebody tonight.
And he made the rest of us wish we'd trucked up to Buffalo.

CNN reports that Christ was spotted pedalling a bicycle on the snowy streets outside of HSBC Arena...

[Edited by Left Shoe Shuffle]
7th March 2008 10:47 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

CNN reports that Christ was spotted pedalling a bicycle on the snowy streets outside of HSBC Arena...

If Gazza wasn't sound to sleep...I am sure we would have seen his photo!!
7th March 2008 10:47 PM
parmeda
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

LMFAO! I just dropped my coffee dammit!
7th March 2008 10:52 PM
PartyDoll MEG four text messages one after another:

WOW
GREAT SETLIST
devils arcade babe
ha

Interpret please
7th March 2008 10:54 PM
parmeda
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
four text messages one after another:

WOW
GREAT SETLIST
devils arcade babe
ha

Interpret please

It's called, "I'm in shock" and "I can't fucking believe what I just saw".
8th March 2008 12:00 AM
LadyJane
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
four text messages one after another:

WOW
GREAT SETLIST
devils arcade babe
ha

Interpret please

1)Wow...as in WOW what a performance.
2)Great setlist..as in "Bruce knows how to make a gal feel REAL special, especially when he breaks her cherry"
3)Devil's Arcade, babe..as in "What an amazing fucking song. I think YOU (Meg)really like this one"
3)Ha..in reply to YOUR (Meg's) "You bitch. I'd kill for that one."

Thank you Meg.
Without your CD's as a "primer" it would not have been as enjoyable.

Crowd is my section was dull.
Very disappointed that Patti couldn't make it.
Bruce is mezmerising and yes, he's got a great ass.

E Street Band is not to be missed, gang.

But in the end, seeing all the Bruce fans singing and jumping in the pit, I felt the overwhelming sense of "I miss MY Band. I want MY Band, dammit." Cause as good as this was, and it was GREAT, nothing will ever come close to The Rolling Stones live.

I need a drink. Any of you bitches up and want to chat, call my cell.

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
8th March 2008 08:29 AM
PartyDoll MEG well..took a look out my window and I'm not going anywhere for awhile..

Glad you enjoyed it LJ!! Here is backstreets take on it..

MARCH 7: BUFFALO GALS IN THEIR WINTER CLOTHES
Rosalita, come out tonight? Nah, she came out last night. How about Buffalo Gals, won't you come out tonight? Well, considering the locale... why the hell not? Yep, as Bruce started to introduce "Girls in Their Summer Clothes" by saying "This is for the Buffalo girls," he let that take him right into an impromptu version of the Seeger Sessions fave. Not a full-blown E Street Band rendition, but as Bruce continued singing he got Soozie to help out on fiddle, and soon Max and Nils were playing along, too -- an off-the-cuff treat that kicked off a seven-song encore. A few songs later, Bruce kept 'em dancing by the light of the moon with the surprise tour premiere of the "Detroit Medley." And what a "Medley" it was -- though an audible, it was note-perfect, as opposed to the raggedly riotous "Rosalita" the night before.

As two-fers go -- and especially if you like snow (tonight Bruce recalled a Buffalo visit after the Blizzard of '77)-- Rochester and Buffalo were thus far the back-to-back shows of the tour. Venue-wise, from the intimate, old Blue Cross Arena to the cavernous HSBC, it was day and night from Thursday to Friday. But Bruce has been having a blast and pulling out the stops. At 26 songs total, Buffalo offered the most yet, and the shake-ups weren't just saved for the encore. The main set offered "The Ties That Bind" to open; "Be True," previously played only in Cleveland on this tour; and the return of "I'll Work for Your Love." The climax of "Long Walk Home" has truly become a tour de force. Still no Patti, with Bruce stressing the need for adult supervision back home: "As I was leaving, 100 kids with beer kegs were rushing up the driveway... Patti'll take care of that!"

Next: Monday night at Nassau Coliseum.
8th March 2008 09:48 AM
PartyDoll MEG Indeed, from our fellow Bruce fanatic, who is at football:
"DETROIT FUCKING MEDLEY"!!!??

8th March 2008 10:14 AM
glencar >>Still no Patti, with Bruce stressing the need for adult supervision back home: "As I was leaving, 100 kids with beer kegs were rushing up the driveway... Patti'll take care of that!"

Next: Monday night at Nassau Coliseum.<<

Can't they hire security for their house?

I hope Nassau gets a great show. And starts at a good hour!
8th March 2008 10:41 AM
Martha I know Bruce Rocked hard for you LJ! I was watching the clock and thinking of you all evening. What a great set. I could just cry knowing he won't be coming to Denver. My only chance to see him now would be Joey's first show this coming Friday in Omaha. I can't make that drive at this time though. Denver blows.

xxoo,
Martha
8th March 2008 10:54 AM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Martha wrote:
I could just cry knowing he won't be coming to Denver.

Wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.

There's a month of dates open between Giants Stadium and Milwaukee.
8th March 2008 11:08 AM
glencar
quote:
Martha wrote:
I know Bruce Rocked hard for you LJ! I was watching the clock and thinking of you all evening. What a great set. I could just cry knowing he won't be coming to Denver. My only chance to see him now would be Joey's first show this coming Friday in Omaha. I can't make that drive at this time though. Denver blows.

xxoo,
Martha

Martha, GO! For the fingerlight, if not the music!
8th March 2008 01:51 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

...But in the end, seeing all the Bruce fans singing and jumping in the pit, I felt the overwhelming sense of "I miss MY Band. I want MY Band, dammit." Cause as good as this was, and it was GREAT, nothing will ever come close to The Rolling Stones live.

LJ.

I know just how you felt, kid. Bruce is in my Top 10, and I've been blessed to see some amazing shows by him and the E Street boys, but the Stones do spoil us for anyone else. They're simply in a class by themselves. Not only are you seeing rock and roll history (45 years worth), but we bring our own history and emotional investment to it. Besides, it's the love of the Stones that have brought us all together here. I've made friendships on this board that will last a lifetime.

Having said that, I can't wait to see Bruce this summer...lol.
8th March 2008 02:49 PM
Joey
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I know just how you felt, kid. Bruce is in my Top 10, and I've been blessed to see some amazing shows by him and the E Street boys, but the Stones do spoil us for anyone else. They're simply in a class by themselves. Not only are you seeing rock and roll history (45 years worth), but we bring our own history and emotional investment to it. Besides, it's the love of the Stones that have brought us all together here. I've made friendships on this board that will last a lifetime.

Having said that, I can't wait to see Bruce this summer...lol.

Friday evening will be Bruce Springsteen's first visit to Omaha since 1978 . Word .

" Oh , He is in THE PIT , Ronnie Cakes "

FLY !
8th March 2008 03:13 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Joey wrote:

Friday evening will be Bruce Springsteen's first visit to Omaha since 1978 . Word .

" Oh , He is in THE PIT , Ronnie Cakes "

FLY !

Prepare to be rocked, rolled and ravished, Weedykins!
8th March 2008 05:04 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Martha, GO! For the fingerlight, if not the music!

I would love to glenny. I blew my wad on Bob, not to mention it's a lot of miles to drive to and from for just one show. And to see Joey in the mosh pit.....that should be more than worth the price of admission. :-)

xxoo,
MM
8th March 2008 05:51 PM
Joey
quote:
Martha wrote:

I would love to glenny. I blew my wad on Bob, not to mention it's a lot of miles to drive to and from for just one show. And to see Joey in the mosh pit.....that should be more than worth the price of admission. :-)

xxoo,
MM

My Stonesian Queen ........................

Come to Joey !

I remain ...... forever ....... your Weedykins !

Weedy ! , Est. 1999 and loved by Everybody
8th March 2008 06:20 PM
Lavendar Bruceified.

MAX-ed

Clair-ANced

Van Zand-ted

Nils-zed

Susie-fied

Pianosssse

YOWZA
the House Was on FIRE ands ROCKIN...!!!!!

The Ties that Biii-iii-iii-iiiind
Oh oh oh...

excuse me Im still re-couping *****

I feel like I've been primed for St. Patricks Day.
[Edited by Lavendar]
8th March 2008 07:04 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Lavendar wrote:
Bruceified.

MAX-ed

Clair-ANced

Van Zand-ted

Nils-zed

Susie-fied

Pianosssse

YOWZA
the House Was on FIRE ands ROCKIN...!!!!!

The Ties that Biii-iii-iii-iiiind
Oh oh oh...

excuse me Im still re-couping *****

Sorry we didn't connect last night. That damn snow made it a little difficult.
Got your voicemail and will be in touch.
Bruce treated us "Buffalo Gals" well!

LJ.
8th March 2008 07:34 PM
SweetVirginia I'm so glad you got a great show, LJ.

He is amazing to watch, isn't he?
8th March 2008 07:56 PM
LadyJane
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I'm so glad you got a great show, LJ.

He is amazing to watch, isn't he?

I'm just now realizing how very special it was.
Detroit Medley was a tour debut? Cool.

yes, Miss SV, for some odd reason you, parmeda and Meg kept coming to mind when the video screen would display a shot of Bruce's ass. And a nice ass it is.

LJ.
9th March 2008 01:12 AM
sweetcharmedlife Glad you had fun LJ. Can't wait for my 3 show tour of California in April.
9th March 2008 08:48 AM
PartyDoll MEG Only a snippet..
but all there is so far...

9th March 2008 11:36 AM
LadyJane From the Buffalo News written by Jeff Miers:

The best Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band shows are about balance.

Part bacchanal, part thoughtful reflection; part rock ’n’ roll party, part gospel-style yearning; part joyful optimism, part unflinching realism — Springsteen rolls all of this up into a critical mass and presides over it all as the interaction between artists and listener, band and audience.

It’s so hard to get a grasp on one of these shows until after it’s over and you’re looking back on it. While in the thick of it, you’re required to surrender to the moment. Just like the people up on stage.

On Friday, Springsteen and the band wrapped up a trio of shows in our area, which commenced with Monday’s show in Hamilton, Ont., reached a fevered crescendo on Thursday night in Rochester, and plateaued with grace and grit inside HSBC Arena Friday.

Rochester’s show was, by Friday morning, already being cited as the strongest of this leg of the “Magic” tour, now five dates old, but the Buffalo show was equally visceral from the beginning. Springsteen’s long-standing reputation for delivering some of his finest shows to Buffalo audiences was met — and then some.

Since reorganizing the E Street Band nearly a decade back, Springsteen has constructed his shows conceptually, with core material — the stuff that is responsible for carrying the message of the moment, the dialogue Springsteen wants to engage in with his listeners — finding augmentation via a rotating cast of tunes from throughout his history, some surprising, some not.

This tour revolves around material from “Magic,” Springsteen’s darkly intricate examination of the American psyche during the Bush years. It’s one of his strongest albums, both in terms of the writing and the ensemble E Street Band performances, and its material frames the set. The surprises on Friday included “Because the Night,” “Be True,” the new “I’ll Work For Your Love,” and a rockabilly teardown during the “Born in the USA” track, “Working On the Highway.”

“Is there anybody alive out there?” Springsteen screamed, as the band launched into the indelible hooks careening throughout “Radio Nowhere.”

At one point in his career, this query was simply an exhortation to submit to the spirit of rock ’n’ roll in full abandon mode. Today, it’s a more pointed question, referring not just to what Springsteen sees as a soullessness and lack of true communal potential in modern music, but to the waking nightmare that has been much of American life over the past seven years. Perhaps most importantly, the tune rocks like a house on fire, and achieves its in-concert aim as statement of intent rather handily.

The show kicked into gear immediately with the opening burner from “The River,” “The Ties That Bind,” but hit the first of many elevated points during the swamp-blues, John Lee Hooker-informed take on “Reason To Believe,” Springsteen’s examination of against-the- odds faith from the “Nebraska” album. Singing through his distorted harmonica microphone in the manner of Howlin’ Wolf, Springsteen sounded like a man with a pack of hellhounds on his trail, and the band swung mightily behind him.

The skeleton of the “Magic” tour set is the four-song suite comprising “Devil’s Arcade,” “The Rising,” “Last To Die” and “Long Walk Home,” which together form the crux of Springsteen’s concerns regarding hard-won faith in the face of war, loss and what he sees as the betrayal of the country’s promise.

This is not light material, but Springsteen never preached, instead letting his songs speak on many levels simultaneously, leaving listeners to discern meaning for themselves. This is the core of his genius, and it was evident in abundance on Friday.

All of this heaviness did not preclude a helluva lotta fun, of course.

We were granted a houselights- on-full version of “Dancing in the Dark,“ which appeared to be at least as much fun for the musicians as it was for the audience.

Naturally, we got a killer “Born To Run,” because what Bruce show would be complete without it? That take on “Thunder Road” was a bonus, though, as was the “Detroit Medley” Springsteen and company tore through for the first time in eons.

Clearly, this was a nod to the many times the band appeared here in the ’70s. It was a nice touch to cap off a perfect evening.

LJ.
9th March 2008 01:05 PM
PartyDoll MEG Here is a longer version...

9th March 2008 02:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I'm just now realizing how very special it was.
Detroit Medley was a tour debut? Cool.

Its not only a tour debut but has been exceedingly rare in the last 20 years. He played it the first time I saw him in 1981 and I havent seen it played since. Its only been played 8 times in Europe since then (all of them in 2003).

http://www.greasylake.org/shows_all_performances.php?s_song_title=Detroit+Medley&s_keyword=Detroit+Medley

On a Bruce forum last week, someone asked what we'd like to hear on this tour. I picked Rosalita and the Detroit Medley as both hardly get played now and he's now played them on back to back shows. I'm going to see if he can give me next week's lottery numbers!

'Be True' was a 1981 non-album b-side (also released on the 'Tracks' boxed set in 1998). He played it once in 1984, it was a regular for the US leg of the 1988 tour, was then played 5 times on the 1999-2000 ESB reunion tour, 4 times on the 2003 leg of the Rising tour, 4 times on the solo Devils & Dust tour in 2005 and its only other appearance this tour was in Cleveland on 4th November. So, with just 13 appearances since June 1988, you got another genuine rarity.

I had a feeling he'd play 'Buffalo Gals' for obvious reasons, but even though its on the Seeger sessions album from 2006, it wasnt a regular on that tour (20 performances between April and June 2006 before being dropped for the rest of the tour). This was therefore the only time it's been played without the Seeger Sessions Band.

That, plus the fact that at 26 songs, you got the longest show of the tour so far, makes you pretty lucky!
9th March 2008 02:46 PM
LadyJane Wow!
Thanks for the history lesson, G!

It felt special as it was happening and now I have some more perspective.

I feel very very lucky. Great show to cap off a very draining week for me personally. I needed a good dose of Rock N Roll.

LJ.

9th March 2008 02:49 PM
Gazza I genuinely think he went the extra mile as a way of showing appreciation for fans coming out in such adverse weather.

In that case, I'm hoping for three nights of snow in Dublin in May.
9th March 2008 03:19 PM
glencar Ironically, Long island is supposed to get some snow tomorrow night just as the show is ending. I'm really hoping for a warhorses show as I don't know that much Springsteen.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)