ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© purepeople.com with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Springsteen (NSC) ...Yes... Part III Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
29th January 2008 08:59 PM
robpop The B USA album was played to death, but I never got sick of this one.

31st January 2008 11:15 AM
Bitch
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Not really.
The shows weren't instant sellouts, and still aren't sold out.

There'll be plenty of tickets available outside for pennies on the dollar.

Its almost sold out now ~ there are no pairs for the $95 tickets, only singles. Yes there are $65 seats that are available but in the upper levels. Since there is still 6+ months till the gigs, I think there is a good chance they will sell out. So if you want a ticket in the lower levels, those are almost gone. FYI. Its always possible to buy a ticket outside Giants Stadium for any gig, but you cant always get good seats. Anyway I think these tickets are cheap at $100 compared to the Rolling Stones who normally dont have any $100 seats.
31st January 2008 11:31 AM
Gazza Bruce prety much always tends to hold tickets back until near the show time anyway. Often good ones too.

16 weeks exactly until the first of my five shows this summer. Can't wait.
31st January 2008 11:56 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Bruce prety much always tends to hold tickets back until near the show time anyway. Often good ones too.

16 weeks exactly until the first of my five shows this summer. Can't wait.

I am looking forward to ' The Pit ' on March 14th .

What time do individuals start queueing up for the Lottery System ?!

J. Kins
31st January 2008 12:13 PM
Nellcote Get your wrist band at 2
From that point, gig with the others till 5P, when the number is determined.
If you are chosen for the pit, it's lights out for anything outside the arena at that point, as you will then line up for the pit drill.
Thank you for your continued support & cooperation.
31st January 2008 02:27 PM
PartyDoll MEG Sounds like Pit 101...

Nelly ..you make a good teacher. We will need to hold Joey's hand through this ordeal!!!

March 24 for me!! And who knows..maybe March 22 if the stars align correctly!
31st January 2008 03:12 PM
Gazza This was posted on Greasy lake a couple of days ago. From the 1998 Rolling Stone 'State of the Union' special.

Never seen it before. Deserves a wider audience, I think.

[Edited by Gazza]
31st January 2008 03:34 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Get your wrist band at 2
From that point, gig with the others till 5P, when the number is determined.
If you are chosen for the pit, it's lights out for anything outside the arena at that point, as you will then line up for the pit drill.
Thank you for your continued support & cooperation.

Bless You Nellcote ..................

You are much loved by The Joey .

" Get your wrist band at 2 "

Er , does this take place RIGHT in front of the Box Office ?! .... please , I's needs more ' coaching & counseling

Joeykins
31st January 2008 03:35 PM
Joey
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Sounds like Pit 101...

Nelly ..you make a good teacher. We will need to hold Joey's hand through this ordeal!!!

Damn Straight PartyDoll MEG

J'kins
31st January 2008 04:29 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for the videos, Gazza!! Missed those..Good stuff
31st January 2008 04:32 PM
PartyDoll MEG Oh I almost forgot this oldie...
If only they would do it again....

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
31st January 2008 07:23 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Its always possible to buy a ticket outside Giants Stadium for any gig, but you cant always get good seats. Anyway I think these tickets are cheap at $100 compared to the Rolling Stones who normally dont have any $100 seats.

Agree.

Not a fan of stadium shows, so I didn't feel compelled to buy the day they went on sale.

Figure that if I'm jonesing for a Bruce fix day of show I'll take a whack...
31st January 2008 09:35 PM
robpop
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Agree.

Not a fan of stadium shows, so I didn't feel compelled to buy the day they went on sale.

Figure that if I'm jonesing for a Bruce fix day of show I'll take a whack...

Lefty, I agree, if you want to attend a stadium show, its best to wait until almost the day of the show if you want to buy a ticket. Great seats become available.
2nd February 2008 05:36 PM
PartyDoll MEG Bruce playing with Exit 105 (Hey, Leftie..Is that a NJ exit?)

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
2nd February 2008 07:22 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Bruce playing with Exit 105 (Hey, Leftie..Is that a NJ exit?)

Yeah, it's the Garden State Parkway exit for Long Branch, where they're from.
2nd February 2008 11:22 PM
sweetcharmedlife Well I'm all set for the Tour Of California(suburb leg). Sacramento,San Jose,Anaheim. 3 shows in 5 days. Can't wait to see what setlist changes he will make....But there better be at least 1 Jungleland in there somewhere.
3rd February 2008 08:32 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
Well I'm all set for the Tour Of California(suburb leg). Sacramento,San Jose,Anaheim. 3 shows in 5 days. Can't wait to see what setlist changes he will make....But there better be at least 1 Jungleland in there somewhere.

Happy for you!! Should be great fun. Now why are ya even worried about the setlists??!!
3rd February 2008 04:32 PM
sweetcharmedlife Not really worried about setlists Meg. But it was funny when I posted my review on here after the first Oakland show. I mentioned that I hope he does either Tunnel Of Love or Racing in the Street the next night. He did both back to back. So just in case Bruce is reading this......Awww,nevermind he's gonna kick ass no matter what.
5th February 2008 06:14 PM
PartyDoll MEG Needed a little bump...

6th February 2008 10:54 PM
Joey
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Needed a little bump...

Meg .......................

I am looking forward to ..... ' The Pit !!! '

6th February 2008 11:33 PM
ebmp When I first heard trapped I was sure it was a Springsteen tune. He really made it his own
7th February 2008 04:01 PM
PartyDoll MEG another good one, little played, off a great album, and from a great concert

7th February 2008 04:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
ebmp wrote:
When I first heard trapped I was sure it was a Springsteen tune. He really made it his own

I was there the first night he ever played it (my first ever Bruce show..Wembley Arena 29/5/81). It was a relatively obscure Jimmy Cliff song that he'd picked up when buying a cassette at Amsterdam airport, decided he could do something with it and then rearranged it beyond recognition.

He didnt introduce it - just started playing it and let the performance speak for itself. It brought the house down. People were streaming out that night raving about it with pretty much everyone assuming it was a song he'd just written.
7th February 2008 04:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
another good one, little played, off a great album, and from a great concert

Best song he's done in the last 15 years, IMO
7th February 2008 09:04 PM
ebmp
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I was there the first night he ever played it (my first ever Bruce show..Wembley Arena 29/5/81). It was a relatively obscure Jimmy Cliff song that he'd picked up when buying a cassette at Amsterdam airport, decided he could do something with it and then rearranged it beyond recognition.

He didnt introduce it - just started playing it and let the performance speak for itself. It brought the house down. People were streaming out that night raving about it with pretty much everyone assuming it was a song he'd just written.

Wow! Very cool story! That song really is very powerful! And the lyrics too, are so springteen-ish

I'm so jealous of you right now
7th February 2008 10:02 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Best song he's done in the last 15 years, IMO

I hate to sound ignorant. But what song was that? I've never heard that one. Great performance though.
7th February 2008 10:23 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:

I hate to sound ignorant. But what song was that? I've never heard that one. Great performance though.

That is "World's Apart" from Rising.
7th February 2008 10:35 PM
sweetcharmedlife Had a feeling it was off of The Rising. Thanks meg.
12th February 2008 06:18 PM
PartyDoll MEG bump...

12th February 2008 10:00 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
bump...

I road my bike over to my neighbor's today and noticed their 10th Ave street sign. So, of course I started singing it. And, just dusted off the Born to Run cd. Got to start somewhere.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)