ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© purepeople.com with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Springsteen (NSC) ...Yes... Part III Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19th February 2008 09:24 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
robpop wrote:

As many times I have seen it live I must say that song is like sex. It never gets old and you never get sick of it. Even if its bad that night its still good.

Ya stepped right in the middle of that one! I actually got goose bumps watching that just now and I could feel my heart racing. Goddamn.
19th February 2008 09:41 PM
robpop I had to add this one. He is no Dylan (doing this song), but he is up there.

[Edited by robpop]
19th February 2008 09:55 PM
robpop I did not see Bruce and the SSB on their tour. I saw their setlist, and I did not want to travel. Especially since they were closing with a song I did not like. Once I heard their version of it my jaw dropped, and I regret not going.

19th February 2008 10:20 PM
PartyDoll MEG Robpop..you missed good concerts.
If you don't have Live in Dublin from the SSB..get it!!!

Another one that always gives me goosebumps, brings tears to the eyes, and makes me give everyone I am standing around a big hug(a date probably would get sex later).
I did get to hear it in Boston(no date though..)

19th February 2008 11:15 PM
robpop
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Robpop..you missed good concerts.
If you don't have Live in Dublin from the SSB..get it!!!

Another one that always gives me goosebumps, brings tears to the eyes, and makes me give everyone I am standing around a big hug(a date probably would get sex later).
I did get to hear it in Boston(no date though..)

I bought it a while ago. Damn, you ain't so bad for a Browns fan.
20th February 2008 06:59 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I was at that one! Oh what a beautiful buzz...

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night..."

[Edited by GotToRollMe]

The greatest song of all time! Yep!
[Edited by Ronnie Richards]
20th February 2008 05:44 PM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I was at that one! Oh what a beautiful buzz...

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night..."

Eh? I never knew this....So yu were at the Bottom Line '75, Passaic '78, Meadowlands opening shows '81 AND 'No Nukes' '79 too?

No wonder you 'retired' from Bruce shows after that lot!
20th February 2008 09:18 PM
robpop I would love to make Giants. Since it may be the only time this song is done. I would love to see it live in person.

20th February 2008 10:44 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Eh? I never knew this....So yu were at the Bottom Line '75, Passaic '78, Meadowlands opening shows '81 AND 'No Nukes' '79 too?

No wonder you 'retired' from Bruce shows after that lot!

Yeah, and some of them weren't even on purpose - just stumbled in at the right place/right time. Saw the New Barbarians at MSG in '79 too. One of the perks of being an old bastid, I guess.
20th February 2008 10:47 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
robpop wrote:
I would love to make Giants. Since it may be the only time this song is done. I would love to see it live in person.

You should go!
20th February 2008 11:02 PM
robpop
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

You should go!

I really would like to, but with me changing jobs within the next few months, I really can't commit.

FYI this will be the last job change of my life.

If I can make it I will be there.
[Edited by robpop]
21st February 2008 09:03 AM
PartyDoll MEG From Backstreets:

1973 "KING BISCUIT" SHOW STREAMING ONLINE NOW
A classic Greetings-era E Street Band performance has come to Wolfgang's Vault: the original King Biscuit Flower Hour recording from January 31, 1973. Springsteen and the E Streeters were opening for Biff Rose at NYC's Max's Kansas City, and this is an hour's worth of music -- six songs from the early show ("Mary Queen of Arkansas," "Bishop Danced," "Wild Billy's Circus Story," "Spirit in the Night," "Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street?," and "Thundercrack"), and two from the late show ("Saga of the Architect Angel," "Song to the Orphans").

"Bishop Danced" is the only song here that was officially broadcast, and it also turned up on Tracks; though the rest of the material has circulated among collectors, this is a clear upgrade. One of our, um, "audio experts" reports: "I've compared the Wolfgang's Vault version, and it is an improvement over all of the boots I've heard of this show. Previously available recordings sound like really good soundboards; the WV version sounds like a commercial CD with much more high end, without any hiss at all, the vocals crisper and more forward. Unlike a lot of their King Biscuit shows there is no sound overloading and boominess."

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/...051997-993.html

P.S. Yes, it is the show you sent me a while ago, Nelly. But I'll take a listen anyway..

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
22nd February 2008 08:59 PM
PartyDoll MEG
22nd February 2008 10:40 PM
robpop 6 days to go. I can't wait to see the opening night setlist.
23rd February 2008 09:22 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
robpop wrote:
6 days to go. I can't wait to see the opening night setlist.

Here..some tips to get yourself ready...

23rd February 2008 03:11 PM
robpop
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Here..some tips to get yourself ready...

Thanks, that was funny, even though it hurts when I laugh. This flu thing has me crushed.

Anyway can somebody post the link for live setlist updates. TIA. I should be back in action come Thursday,
23rd February 2008 03:52 PM
PartyDoll MEG Well a couple of Bruce sites follow setlists, robpop..
like we do here..but not as entertaining

http://www.backstreets.com/btx/view...229aa24a21ffc59

http://www.greasylake.org/the-circu...fbb&showforum=9

or this one, which used to be hard to read. Seems they have updated it a little:
http://www.spl-messages.net/forums/...&Board=1&page=1

24th February 2008 12:01 PM
PartyDoll MEG Best ever Prove it All Night..and GTRM was there?!!!

25th February 2008 05:35 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Best ever Prove it All Night..and GTRM was there?!!!

Seems like I was everywhere back then. No wonder I'm so tired now. BTW, I have yet another new, improved version of that one I'll be sending you soon!

Egad...$8.50! Extortion!
25th February 2008 06:16 PM
PartyDoll MEG I'm so jealous..

You were at my all time favorite Bruce concerts!!!

Rehearsals today in Asbury Park. In and out by 2:30PM. Nothing new was rehearsed. Danny was not there. This from Backstreets.com

25th February 2008 06:41 PM
ebmp $8.50 for a legendary show like that

wtf
26th February 2008 07:14 AM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Seems like I was everywhere back then. No wonder I'm so tired now. BTW, I have yet another new, improved version of that one I'll be sending you soon!

Egad...$8.50! Extortion!

THIS is sickening. The first Springsteen live boot I ever heard was the one from the Bottom Line in 1975...and the one that REALLY started me off obsessively collecting everything was the 19.9.78 Passaic boot ("Piece de Resistance"). And the first video clip I ever got of him on my new VCR (he was NEVER on TV back then) was from "No Nukes", which I then proceeded to play over and over again...and YOU were at all of these shows!!
26th February 2008 07:35 AM
PartyDoll MEG Seems Pit procedure to be like last leg from this Backstreets.com news:

News updated February 25, 2008

"THIS WEEK: ONCE AGAIN, THERE'S MAGIC IN THE NIGHT
Is there anybody alive out there? Hell yeah! After a two-month break for the holidays, Bruce and the E Street Band are back in the saddle this week, with the first Magic concert of 2008 just three days away. Thursday night in Hartford, with stops in Quebec and Ontario following shortly thereafter, kicks off a two-month trek around North America. See our Tour/Ticket Info page for the itinerary as it currently stands.

Today, Bruce and the E Streeters reconvened to warm up for the tour with a closed rehearsal. After Charlie Giordano filled in on organ for the last European leg, many fans have been wondering when Danny Federici might able to return to the stage. We're wondering, too, with high hopes and continued best wishes for Danny, but there's yet to be any official word. While we won't speculate about Danny's health, Charlie's presence at today's tour rehearsal at least seems to indicate that Bruce still plans to make use of the Sessions Band player's talents. Otherwise, time will tell.

The G.A./pit entry policy should be the same as this past fall: general admission ticketholders can arrive before 5:00 to get a numbered wristband to be part of the pit lotter; a random number will be drawn shortly thereafter to determine where the line starts; the line moves in around 5:30, filling up the pit first, and then the main floor. Watch this page for any further, venue-specific details prior to each show, as well as setlists and reports afterwards, as usual."

26th February 2008 12:02 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

THIS is sickening. The first Springsteen live boot I ever heard was the one from the Bottom Line in 1975...and the one that REALLY started me off obsessively collecting everything was the 19.9.78 Passaic boot ("Piece de Resistance"). And the first video clip I ever got of him on my new VCR (he was NEVER on TV back then) was from "No Nukes", which I then proceeded to play over and over again...and YOU were at all of these shows!!

Ya mean yer not thrilled for me?
26th February 2008 01:04 PM
PartyDoll MEG jealousy is a funny thing, GTRM!!! He'll get over it.

Meanwhile today in rehearsals, from Backstreets(capitals are mine):
1. LOOSE ENDS (played it twice).
2. Radio Nowhere
3.LOOSE ENDS(again). Patti did some of the lead vocals with Bruce.
4. Lonesome Day
5. SO YOUNG AND IN LOVE.
At one point during the song Bruce stopped to say "Welcome to this beautiful city. Are you ready for some sexual healing?"
They played this a couple of times.
6. RENDEZVOUS
Sounded great They worked on the end of it a coujple of times.
7. TAKE EM' AS THEY COME
Really glad to hear this one again. I enjoyed this when Bruce played it on The Reunion Tour.
They again worked on the ending of the song a couple of times.
8. Tunnel of Love
Sounded real good. Patti worked on her part a few times.

That was it for the music for the day. They were done by 11 a.m.

Loose Ends and Rendezvous.....OH YES, PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!!
26th February 2008 04:17 PM
GotToRollMe Ah, I'm just messin' around, MEG...lol.
Some nice stuff they went over at rehearsals today!
26th February 2008 06:39 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Rendezvous - nice!

26th February 2008 07:16 PM
PartyDoll MEG Love that song, Leftie!!

And this one...

26th February 2008 08:11 PM
LadyJane Meggy, tomorrow I start my preparation for next Friday's show.

I'll be bringing all the CD's you sent me to the office.

My cherry will be burst on March 7th.

LJ.
26th February 2008 09:49 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Meggy, tomorrow I start my preparation for next Friday's show.

I'll be bringing all the CD's you sent me to the office.

My cherry will be burst on March 7th.

LJ.

A Springsteen virgin! You lucky girl. Yer in for a treat. Bring plenty of whipped cream for that cherry!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)