ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© purepeople.com with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Springsteen (NSC) ...Yes... Part III Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19th March 2008 03:05 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Jesus, no. Much as I'd love to, my finances won't stretch to that. I think my days of transatlantic concert trips are over to be honest. I have to be sensible occasionally.

I've a nice little trip to see him in Milan and Paris in June, however.

27,28 & 31 July are the 3 Giants shows. The European tour ends on July 20th.
[Edited by Gazza]

Aw, too bad. Milan and Paris sounds like a sweet little trip though. Hope you and Mrs. Gazza have a good time.

19th March 2008 04:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Voted for 'My Love'.

Gotta hear Bruce take a crack at a Macca ballad...

LOL

I'd prefer to hear his take on The Crazy World of Arthur Brown's "Fire", myself....

Remember it?

[Edited by Gazza]
19th March 2008 06:28 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL

I'd prefer to hear his take on The Crazy World of Arthur Brown's "Fire", myself....

Remember it?

Hells yeah.
I just changed my vote!
19th March 2008 06:37 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle backstreets.com has posted an update on the 5/7 benefit show at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank NJ - minimum ticket bid is $1000.

Auction starts tomorrow.
19th March 2008 07:15 PM
PartyDoll MEG From Nassau:

19th March 2008 07:25 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL

Remember it?

[Edited by Gazza]

You are a very distoibed individual.
I gotta admit that he could probably tear that one up though.
19th March 2008 07:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
From Nassau:

Bruce's site are teasing bastards, offering snippets like that.

One of the songs I've most longed to see performed live. I may need the use of incontinence pads if he plays that one.
19th March 2008 07:47 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Bruce's site are teasing bastards, offering snippets like that.

One of the songs I've most longed to see performed live. I may need the use of incontinence pads if he plays that one.

Well with your 5 fricken shows this summer, Pal, you'd better have them ready!
19th March 2008 11:08 PM
sweetcharmedlife I've known that Shine A Light opens on the same day as Bruce's Sacramento show for a while now. But the closer it gets and the more reports coming out about the movie. I still feel a bit torn. See a movie about my favorite band or go to a live show from my second favorite band. Silly question of course,I already have Springsteen tics for Sac. Now the question is,do I try and go see SAL first then go see Bruce?....Man that would take some serious pacing issues on the alcohol/substance abuse front. Not to mention the mental anguish. What's a poor boy to do?.......Rock & Roll....That's what I'm gonna do! Man I love when a plan comes together.
19th March 2008 11:13 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
I've known that Shine A Light opens on the same day as Bruce's Sacramento show for a while now. But the closer it gets and the more reports coming out about the movie. I still feel a bit torn. See a movie about my favorite band or go to a live show from my second favorite band. Silly question of course,I already have Springsteen tics for Sac. Now the question is,do I try and go see SAL first then go see Bruce?....Man that would take some serious pacing issues on the alcohol/substance abuse front. Not to mention the mental anguish. What's a poor boy to do?.......Rock & Roll....That's what I'm gonna do! Man I love when a plan comes together.

You can't miss Bruce, sweetcharmed life!!!
After all it is just a movie....
But if you can catch the movie and jet to the show..by all means forgo the alcoholic consumption and do both.

Sounds like fun to me...
19th March 2008 11:18 PM
sweetcharmedlife Indeed Meg, indeed. I'm just having fun. Of course I'm going to Bruce. Just bouncing off the walls waiting for it to get here.
20th March 2008 08:51 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
Indeed Meg, indeed. I'm just having fun. Of course I'm going to Bruce. Just bouncing off the walls waiting for it to get here.

Monday for me, Baby!!!! And now I am doubting the one time in my life I used financial frugality by not going to Cincy!
20th March 2008 09:41 AM
LadyJane Has anyone heard from Pam?
More importantly, has Bruce been seen since the Milwaukee show??

LJ.
20th March 2008 11:53 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Has anyone heard from Pam?
More importantly, has Bruce been seen since the Milwaukee show??

LJ.

Got one text message during the concert..She was dancing with someone from Green Bay and loved Streets and Cadillac..

Maybe she is still recovering
20th March 2008 04:44 PM
glencar
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Monday for me, Baby!!!! And now I am doubting the one time in my life I used financial frugality by not going to Cincy!

The one time I don't practice frugality is when the Stones are on tour. I did withstand the need for a "Boss" t-shirt as I have way too many t shirts as it is.
20th March 2008 04:46 PM
glencar
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
backstreets.com has posted an update on the 5/7 benefit show at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank NJ - minimum ticket bid is $1000.

Auction starts tomorrow.

You going for it?
20th March 2008 06:54 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
glencar wrote:
You going for it?

No.

You?
20th March 2008 07:09 PM
mac_daddy i looked for this thread yesterday, and couldnt find it, so i posted the following in a new thread (that i have since deleted)...

i thought this might be something a few of you would be into. it will be pricey, but it could be a pretty cool deal...

quote:

Count Basie Theatre Auction

Welcome to the Make Your Best Offer online auction for tickets to An Evening with Bruce Springsteen to benefit the Count Basie Theatre.

Begins Thursday, March 20th at 6 pm EDT
Ends Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 12noon EDT

Bids for the Make Your Best Offer online Auction will only be accepted via the online auction form.

Please review the information below carefully before submitting your bid.

* The minimum bid is $1,000 per ticket. All bids must be in dollar increments.
* Each person participating in the Make Your Best Offer online auction can bid on up to 6 tickets maximum.
* Approximately 1,000 tickets (from the front row in the right and left orchestra to the last row in the balcony) will be available through the Make Your Best Offer online auction. These seats will be located in the Right and Left Orchestra, Rear Center Orchestra, Right and Left Loge, Balcony and Upper Balcony. Click here for the Count Basie Theatre Seating Chart
* You are not bidding on specific tickets or tickets located in a determined row, section, etc.Your bid is for tickets to the show in the 1,543 seat Count Basie Theatre.
* To obtain wheelchair accessible seats, please contact Rachel O. Warnick at [email protected].
* The Make Your Best Offer online auction bid form submitted must contain all required fields including credit card information. Your card will not be charged until the Make Your Best Offer ends and your offer is accepted.
* By selecting the "Submit" button, you agree that if you have a winning bid on Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 12 Noon EDT, you will pay the per ticket price you indicated as your bid amount for the number of tickets indicated on the bid form.
* You cannot cancel a bid once it has been submitted.
* There is no way to automatically increase your bid, you must monitor the website and re-bid using the link provided for the Make Your Best Offer online auction.
* You can monitor your bid while the Make Your Best Offer online Auction is going on as updates on countbasietheatre.org will inform all of what best offer minimums are currently successful in winning tickets. It will also indicate the time of the bids being accepted.
* You will know that your bid is no longer a winner based on the information provided at countbasietheatre.org.
* You can re-bid to remain eligible, but be sure to enter the same email address as your previous bid. Doing so will ensure your previous bids will no longer be valid.
* Your bid will be ranked based on the amount bid per seat, not the total amount of your bid. When the Best Offer auction ends, those who have placed the highest bids for the number of available seats will be contacted via email. The email will indicate that you won in the auction. Please note that your bid/tickets are subject to verification and payment authorization.
* The Make Your Best Offer online auction seats will be assigned after the auction ends.
* Should multiple bids come in at the same amount, they will be handled on a first bid, first served basis. Each entry is date and time stamped to ensure accuracy and those bids placed earlier will receive priority. The theatre has pre-determined the seating in a manner of most desirable to least.
* If you have a winning bid on Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 12 Noon EDT, your credit card will be charged. It will only be charged the actual amount you bid per the number of tickets you indicated.
* Once your payment is successfully processed, you will receive a final email with your receipt and seat assignment.
* Please print your receipt, as it is required to enter the show. No exceptions.
* All purchased tickets will be available for pick up in the outer lobby the night of the show ONLY starting at 5:30pm. Ticket buyers will receive a receipt, which they will have to show at the door with photo ID on show night to claim their tickets.
* Questions surrounding the Make Your Best Offer online auction should be directed to Rachel O. Warnick at the Count Basie Theatre Foundation via email at [email protected] or 732.224.8778x118.
* The tax deductible portion of your purchase for this show is equal to the ticket price you pay less $45.

All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges. No exceptions.

732-842-9000 countbasietheatre.org 99 Monmouth St. Red Bank, NJ 07701
20th March 2008 09:01 PM
parmeda
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Got one text message during the concert..She was dancing with someone from Green Bay and loved Streets and Cadillac..

Maybe she is still recovering

*sigh*

...fucking cheeseheads, lol

We had a blast - just haven't had much time to catch up on anything since Monday.

You ready for next week, Meg?

Bruce and the boys are noticibly having the most fun this second time around!
20th March 2008 09:48 PM
PartyDoll MEG You bet I am ready, Girlfriend!! Did your sister like Bruce?

Just checked the setlist...special ones so far tonight: Rendezvous and Spirit in the Night!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
20th March 2008 09:52 PM
PartyDoll MEG And the big news

DANNY IS BACK!!!!!

1. Night
2. Radio Nowhere
3. Lonesome Day
4. Prove it All Night
5. Gypsy Biker
6. Magic
7. Reason to Believe
8. RENDEZVOUS (by request, the sign read "I want a rendezvous")
9. Because the Night
10. She's the One
11. Livin' in the Future
12. The Promised Land(with Danny)
13. Spirit in the Night (with Danny)
14. 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)(with Danny)
15. Devil's Arcade
16. The Rising
17. Last to Die
18. Long Walk Home
19. Badlands

20. Backstreets (with Danny for the whole encore)
21. Kitty's Back
22. Born to Run
23. Dancing in the Dark
24. American Land

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)