ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© purepeople.com with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Springsteen (NSC) ...Yes... Part III Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
12th February 2008 10:07 PM
robpop I started here:
12th February 2008 10:09 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:
I started here:

On F'in Fire, my Yintz friend!
Mel Belli
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

That is "World's Apart" from Rising.

Could never get into that one...
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

I road my bike over to my neighbor's today and noticed their 10th Ave street sign. So, of course I started singing it. And, just dusted off the Born to Run cd. Got to start somewhere.

You gonna go see him? He is coming your way in April?
12th February 2008 10:14 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

You gonna go see him? He is coming your way in April?

Did not know that. I def might. Always heard he was insane live and I thought that HBO special was real good, so I guess it's time. I know I sound like a rook, but I resisted everything NY/Jersey in my younger days.
12th February 2008 10:17 PM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Did not know that. I def might. Always heard he was insane live and I thought that HBO special was real good, so I guess it's time. I know I sound like a rook, but I resisted everything NY/Jersey in my younger days.

Go. He has slowed down a lot, but it is one greatest shows you will ever see.
12th February 2008 10:20 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

Go. He has slowed down a lot, but it is one greatest shows you will ever see.

Not my Fav venue, but I think I might. Do they have late ticket drops like Stones shows?
12th February 2008 10:21 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Can't go wrong, TBS!! I kinda enjoy taking "Bruce Virgins" to concerts...Every last one of them has become "hooked."
12th February 2008 10:22 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Can't go wrong, TBS!! I kinda enjoy taking "Bruce Virgins" to concerts...Every last one of them has become "hooked."

Come to Tampa Meg!!
12th February 2008 10:23 PM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Not my Fav venue, but I think I might. Do they have late ticket drops like Stones shows?

Wait until almost the day of the show to get tickets. I bought great seats to "sold out" shows just before the show in the past.
12th February 2008 10:27 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

Wait until almost the day of the show to get tickets. I bought great seats to "sold out" shows just before the show in the past.

Cool, that's what I was hopeing.
12th February 2008 10:29 PM
PartyDoll MEG Wish I could, TBS!! Your weather is much nicer than mine!!

Usually there are ticket drops. And behind the stage is not a bad ticket, but try to avoid the upper regions if you can. Closer the better..to take in the entire "Bruce Experience"
13th February 2008 03:12 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Wish I could, TBS!! Your weather is much nicer than mine!!

Usually there are ticket drops. And behind the stage is not a bad ticket, but try to avoid the upper regions if you can. Closer the better..to take in the entire "Bruce Experience"

Damn.. I know in that place particularly you have to be low.

Robpop?? Are you not due a trip to Sunny Fla?
14th February 2008 03:44 PM
PartyDoll MEG For Valentine's Day

15th February 2008 06:43 PM
PartyDoll MEG
16th February 2008 09:12 AM
PartyDoll MEG

And then, just one I love..

16th February 2008 01:12 PM
ebmp I can't understand how This Hard Land wasn't included on Born in the USA. It's definately top 15 Bruce for me.

Born in the USA could've been so much better! Take out Darlington Caounty, Working on the Highway, I'm going down and put in This Hard Land, Frankie and My Love will Not let You Down and you got a classic
16th February 2008 01:17 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
ebmp wrote:
I can't understand how This Hard Land wasn't included on Born in the USA. It's definately top 15 Bruce for me.

Born in the USA could've been so much better! Take out Darlington Caounty, Working on the Highway, I'm going down and put in This Hard Land, Frankie and My Love will Not let You Down and you got a classic

You and I think alike!!
16th February 2008 01:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
ebmp wrote:
I can't understand how This Hard Land wasn't included on Born in the USA. It's definately top 15 Bruce for me.

Born In The USA is one of the worst albums Springsteen ever recorded, yet its (by a mile) his biggest seller.

The whole 'axis' of the album changed by leaving out so many of the stronger, but 'darker', songs like the ones youve mentioned (plus the likes of Sugarland, Murder Inc and Shut Out The Light - the latter only released as a B side) in favour of FM radio fluff. 'This Hard Land' for me, is one of the best three or four songs he ever recorded.

An album with those songs would unquestionably have been one of the creative high points of his career.

That said, he did record approximately 80 songs for the album over two years, so no doubt he changed his mind several times as to what kind of record he wanted (about half of the songs were cut in early 1982 - over 2 years before the release date - yet the album's biggest hit 'Dancing in The Dark' was only written and recorded at the last minute after Jon Landau told him that the record needed a hit single)

Its a pity that such a relatively lightweight collection of songs makes up the work that he's probably best known for to the general public, because it doesnt really showcase for the most part what a superb writer he is, and what often outstanding songs he was recording at that time.
[Edited by Gazza]
16th February 2008 02:10 PM
PartyDoll MEG Nice dissertation, Gazza!! Totally agree.

Another gem....

17th February 2008 01:27 AM
Left Shoe Shuffle No Bruce, but Mighty Max sat in with Levon Helm on 'Rag Mama Rag' tonight at the Paramount in Asbury Park.

The buzz in AP is that rehearsals will be starting Wednesday, across the boardwalk at Convention Hall.
17th February 2008 09:02 AM
PartyDoll MEG Nice to finally be getting some "buzz"......
17th February 2008 10:12 AM
Lavendar "Majic" is so Mellow!
Hmmmmm been cleanin and listenin
Stirred- but no shakin
17th February 2008 12:02 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Nice to finally be getting some "buzz"......

The buzz from last night's show will hold me over for a while. Levon and friends brang it.

Crack band featuring Larry Campbell, his wife Teresa Williams, Jimmy Vivino and a great horn section.

And Levon - back from a battle with throat cancer, singing and playing as if his very life depended on it.

Who am I to say it doesn't?

Lots of Band stuff, of course - Rock & Roll Shoes, Ophelia, Long Black Veil, The Shape I'm In, Atlantic City, W.S. Walcott's Medicine Show, Rag Mama Rag, Evangeline, Tears Of Rage, Chest Fever, I Shall Be Released and The Weight.

Throw in a coupla tunes from the "Grammy Award winning" 'Dirt Farmer', some blues from Little Sammy Davis, and a roof raising guest spot from Phoebe Snow on 'Into The Mystic'.

It don't get much better...

17th February 2008 02:56 PM
ebmp http://youtube.com/watch?v=tzgBS_9NgPQ

best version ever
17th February 2008 03:11 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
ebmp wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tzgBS_9NgPQ

best version ever

Don't think Bruce could jump on the piano like that anymore!!
19th February 2008 06:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG
19th February 2008 09:04 PM
robpop Wembley 2002.

19th February 2008 09:11 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
ebmp wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tzgBS_9NgPQ

best version ever

I was at that one! Oh what a beautiful buzz...

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night..."

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
19th February 2008 09:19 PM
robpop
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I was at that one! Oh what a beautiful buzz...

As many times I have seen it live I must say that song is like sex. It never gets old and you never get sick of it. Even if its bad that night its still good.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)