ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October 2005
© Marisa Roman, Daily Progress and Richmond Times Dispatch with thanks to moy and Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Van Halen tour is ... on! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
24th August 2007 05:15 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Gonna watch Monday Night Football?

no. not tonight.
24th August 2007 05:16 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

no. not tonight.

Your post...

The rim...
24th August 2007 05:30 PM
Saint Sway Have a "Sammy Hagar Weekend", Tater!

29th August 2007 04:13 PM
Saint Sway VAN HALEN TOUR UPDATE:

this just in....

Exlusive track from the VH tour rehearsals

its true - they sound "better than ever"

[Edited by Saint Sway]
29th August 2007 04:16 PM
Some Guy postin...
29th August 2007 04:21 PM
Saint Sway question of the day:

is it live?
Or is it Michael Anthony's vocals being piped in?
29th August 2007 04:33 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
postin...

Thanks Tater .....

30th August 2007 06:46 PM
Some Guy Citi/AAdvantage sponsors Van Halen concert tour

After two decades years of offering customers air miles as a reward, the Citi/AAdvantage credit card is now in tune with the music industry.

The Citi/AAdvantage card, which is a joint co-branded credit card from Citi Cards and American Airlines, is the official credit card of the upcoming Van Halen concert tour — the band’s first tour with original lead singer David Lee Roth in 22 years.

There is “a growing trend for card marketers to look for these types of exclusive relationships,” because they can differentiate a brand in the competitive field of credit card loyalty programs, said Rick Ferguson, editorial director at Colloquy.

Ferguson predicted we will see more credit cards sponsoring major entertainment vehicles in the future — whether it’s a Broadway musical, TV program or something else — since these deals also offer these entertainment vehicles new promotional channels and a new revenue source.

“Ten years ago, this type of deal would have been viewed as a sell-out by a band,” Ferguson said. “Today, bands see it as another marketing opportunity, and an avenue to reach their audience.”

By offering exclusive access to concert events rather than a product or air miles, Citi Cards, New York, is also trying to make the Citi/AAdvantage brand “emotionally appealing to a core group of consumers,” Ferguson said.

“[This strategy] is very in line with a trend we see in affluent rewards, which is to sell an experience,” he continued.

Some of the unique benefits that the Citi/AAdvantage card is offering to cardholders as a result of the sponsorship include exclusive access to pre-show parties for the Van Halen concert, backstage passes and premium seating.

Citi Cards is most likely targeting a middle-age audience in its prime spending years that grew up with Van Halen in the ’80s, Ferguson notes.

“It’s a big market,” he added.

However, Citi Cards is harnessing the power of music to reach a much broader audience with other efforts.

Last year, Citi/AAdvantage launched a card member-only concert series called Traveling Through Life.

In its first year, the concert series featured Aerosmith, Dave Matthews, Mary J. Blige and Tony Bennett. This year’s lineup includes Prince, Christina Aguilera and Dave Matthews with Tim Reynolds.

Programs like these reflect Citi Cards efforts to expand experiential benefits, according to the company in a statement.

Citi/AAdvantage’s campaign is also, in part, an acquisition vehicle for the companies. The campaign encourages Van Halen fans to sign up for the card in exchange for the access it provides.
31st August 2007 10:33 AM
Saint Sway Subway got hosed.
5th September 2007 08:33 PM
Nellcote Michael Anthony Says He's 'Not Going To Whine About' Van Halen Reunion Snub
'It would have been cool to get onstage with Dave again,' original bassist tells MTV News.
By Chris Harris

You've got to hand it to Michael Anthony: The dude is all about taking the high road.

While Anthony, Van Halen's original bassist, wasn't asked to participate in the band's long-awaited reunion trek with inaugural frontman David Lee Roth (see "Van Halen Reunite With David Lee Roth -- Tour Kicks Off September 27"), he doesn't seem all that miffed. Eddie Van Halen's 16-year-old son, Wolfgang, will be taking over on bass (see "Michael Anthony Says He Wasn't Invited To Van Halen Reunion, But Calls His Replacement 'A Great Kid' ").

So is Anthony disappointed? You betcha — but he's not going to let it ruin his fall.

"It's not like it was totally unexpected," he told MTV News during a recent interview, "only because of the strain from the 2004 tour and how everything's been since then." Anthony is referring to the band's 2004 reunion jaunt with Roth replacement Sammy Hagar, which grossed almost $55 million before ending on a sour note (at the conclusion of the run's final gig, guitarist Eddie Van Halen smashed one of his guitars and quickly walked offstage).

"That's the one thing that's really kind of sad," Anthony continued. "It would have been cool to get onstage with Dave again, but I'm not going to whine about it, because that's the way it is. Why waste my time trying to make a stink about it?"

Instead, Anthony is going to be hitting the road with Hagar this fall for a tour that kicks off in Biloxi, Mississippi, on October 19, and runs through November 17 in Sioux City, Iowa. The tour will feature Anthony's Mad Anthony Express, Los Tres Gusanos, the Other Half, and Sammy and the Wabos.

"I just want to go out and play for the fans," Anthony explained. "Sammy sold part of his tequila company and made a lot of money on that, so he doesn't have to do anything if he doesn't want to. But that's what it's all about — getting out there and playing. I'm not doing the Van Halen tour, so Sammy asked me to come out with him again."

He said everyone "and their mother" has been asking him why he's not doing the VH reunion run, and he's not sure what to tell them. Anthony dismissed rumors that his exclusion from the reunion tour had anything to do with his partnering with Hagar in the Other Half.

"I was touring with Sammy when Van Halen wasn't doing anything, and people said that got under their skin, and they felt like I was betraying them or whatever, which I really wasn't," Anthony explained. "I wasn't going to sit home and do nothing. My wife wanted my ass out of the house. So when Sammy called and said, 'Hey, want to come out and jam a song or two?' that's how it started. I don't know why I wasn't asked to do the tour."

In fact, he admits he hasn't spoken to Eddie since 2004 and agrees with many of the band's fans, who reject the notion that the forthcoming Roth run is a bona fide reunion.

"I know in the past there's been a lot of fighting and drama, but I'm not into all of that, especially now," he said. "And I'm not going to sit there and whine about it and call these guys mother------s and the whole bit. It is what it is, and if [Eddie] wants his kid to play with him, fine. But they're really throwing him into the lion's den right off the bat. This is going to be a tough enough tour for those three guys, having not played for so long, and then throwing [Wolfgang] in the mix? ... I hope he does OK. It's sad that the fans aren't going to see the original lineup."

But Anthony was most upset by Van Halen's reported attempts last month to erase him from the band's 35-year history. Fans lashed out at the band after photos of Anthony on Van Halen's official Web site were allegedly removed or replaced by an image of Wolfgang. The pictures were restored within hours, soon after fans took notice and began sounding off on various VH message boards.

"When I went on the Web site, that was probably more upsetting than anything else," he said. "On the first album especially, they replaced my picture with a picture of Wolfgang, and I was like, 'What's someone trying to do here?' I am proud of Van Halen's history, be it good or bad or whatever. I love everything about the band. I guess the fans spoke out, because the next day, they changed it back. I really don't know what to say to that. If that's the way they want to play it out, then that's the way they'll play it out."

The tour, he said, is "going to be interesting this year, because earlier in the year, Sammy did this cruise down to Cabo San Lucas, and he asked me if I wanted to play on the ship. I thought, 'Yeah, that'd be cool to do,' but I didn't want to get up there and just play with his band and do Hagar songs as I always do," Anthony said. "So I thought, 'I'll grab his guitarist Vic Johnson and his drummer David [Lauser], and we'll learn some early Van Halen stuff,' and somebody called it the Mad Anthony Express. We did a couple of shows and played the really old stuff: 'D.O.A.,' 'Atomic Punk.' I lead-sang it, and it was so much fun. So we did it again Father's Day weekend in Lake Tahoe, and I put this thing together. We opened the show, and everybody loved it so much, Sammy's going, 'Hey, we need to go out on tour and open with the early stuff.' So here I go."

Anthony said the tour with Hagar will run for about a month. Then there will be a brief break before the tour commences. They plan to keep it going up through next summer. He also said there's a chance he and Hagar will start working on music together and that it's possible the duo might release a record some point down the line.

I once had a glimmer for this show, however, not now.
Not how one of the founding members was treated.

Sorry, tater, they are not getting my bread...

5th September 2007 09:37 PM
guitarman53 it all goes to show how Van Halen is family tied, Eddie has got an ego as big as the grand canyon, he named his son after Mozart, as if he's going be another musical mozart, he's full of ego, that treatment center didn't really treat him for that.
6th September 2007 01:14 AM
glencar Artie Lange said that he's really looking forward to the VH show but then Howard cut him off right away with, "I'm not!" Has said tour started yet?
6th September 2007 08:44 AM
Some Guy 9-27-07 in Charlotte NC.

NFL kicks off tonight!!
6th September 2007 09:51 AM
BILL PERKS y'all will soon rue the day
6th September 2007 10:34 AM
Joey " ..y'all will soon rue the day "

6th September 2007 10:48 AM
Saint Sway the world will one day be right again...

Van Halen will reunite as one...

I have not given up faith...

no sir..

I believe..

there is still hope...

but..

there is ONLY one thing left that can be done...

6th September 2007 11:56 AM
Some Guy I get up and nothing gets me down.
6th September 2007 11:57 AM
glencar Has it begun yet?
6th September 2007 11:59 AM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Has it begun yet?

Not yet.
6th September 2007 12:14 PM
mojoman
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I get up and nothing gets me down.

Youve got to roll with the punches to get to whats real
6th September 2007 12:29 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mojoman wrote:

Youve got to roll with the punches to get to whats real

6th September 2007 10:36 PM
Some Guy ALBANY, N.Y., Aug. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- AAO Music, Inc., the home of REALITY and its label partners, Vox Music Group and Purfek Storm Productions, are pleased to announce that Ky-Mani Marley has been selected to support Van Halen on the group's highly anticipated North American tour.

"This is truly a great opportunity for Ky-Mani, not only to support his new release, but to present his considerable musical talent to a mainstream audience," said Peter G. Kuys, Chairman of AAO Music, Inc. Kuys was instrumental in brokering the deal with Monterey International to represent Marley's personal appearances.

The tour will coincide with the release of Ky-Mani Marley's CD titled Radio. The CD will be his first release since his Grammy nominated album, Many More Roads, five years ago. Radio features several key singles including "One Time," "The March" and "Conversation" among others. All of the singles contain Marley's unique sound of classical reggae beats mixed with contemporary hip hop. Each song will be promoted heavily at radio, in print and other media and at retail. In addition to his exploding musical career Marley has also starred in several feature films including the cult favorite Shottas.

Son of the legendary Bob Marley, Ky-Mani continues the exodus in a different, but difficult world after 30 years. Radio by Ky-Mani Marley will be available from AAO Music, in conjunction with Vox Music Group and Purfeck Storm Productions beginning September 25th.

North American Dates

Sep. 27 Charlotte, NC Charlotte Bobcats Arena
Sep. 29 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum
Oct. 01 Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center
Oct. 07 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Oct. 10 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena
Oct. 14 Indianapolis, IN Conseco Field House
Oct. 16 Chicago, IL Allstate Arena
Oct. 18 Chicago, IL United Center
Oct. 22 Auburn Hills, MI Palace of Auburn Hills
Oct. 24 Minneapolis, MN Target Center
Oct. 26 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center
Oct. 28 St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center
Oct. 30 Boston, MA TD Banknorth Garden
Nov. 03 E. Rutherford, NJ Continental Airlines Arena
Nov. 13 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
Nov. 20 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center
Nov. 23 Glendale, AZ Jobing.Com Arena
Nov. 25 San Diego, CA Cox Arena
Nov. 27 Sacramento, CA Arco Arena
Nov. 29 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion at San Jose
Dec. 01 Portland, OR Rose Garden
Dec. 03 Seattle, WA Key Arena
Dec. 05 Vancouver, BC General Motors Place
Dec. 09 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
Dec. 11 Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome

***PLEASE NOTE ALL DATES/CITIES SUBJECT TO CHANGE***

About Vox Music Group

Vox Music Group is an independent New York City based record label which caters to all genres of music. Vox Music Group is co-owned by Arie Deutsch, President of Voxonic Inc., innovators of the voice conversion technology which translates any person's voice into any known language in the world, and Norman "Storm" Bell of Purfek Storm Management who manages the legendary Hip-Hop group Mobb Deep amongst others.

About Voxonic

The New York-based Voxonic has developed some of the most innovative software since windows revolutionized the computer industry in the early nineties.

This exciting technology is able to convert any person's voice into any known language in the world. The applications are endless streaming from international business, politics, Hollywood and even the video game industry.

About AAO Music, Inc.

2004 marked the launch of a new music label named REALITY. REALITY was born out of a concept that music can, and should be made, for the sake of artistry and the love of music. Our concept cuts out much of the excessive glitz, glamour and expense and brings to market great music from talented, proven recording stars that is valued priced. REALITY artists are some of the most influential and successful artists in the world. The REALITY label is founded on the premise of a direct relationship between the artist and the retail stores. This translates to more aggressive pricing, better in stock positions and more artist meet & greets which ultimately benefit the music buying customer.

EXCLUSIVE: Van Halen to appear at MTV music awards.
Don't tell anyone, but Geno's World has discovered that the newly reformed Van Halen will be making a "surprise" appearance at the MTV music awards on September 9. Initial plans are for the band to perform a medley of classic VH tunes. But the band may just present an award. Everyone remembers the last time the reformed Van Halen with David Lee Roth appeared at the MTV awards in 1996. This appearance may turn out to be better.....

[Edited by Some Guy]
7th September 2007 10:41 AM
Saint Sway the smart money says the tour won't make it to October

quote:
Some Guy wrote:

North American Dates

Sep. 27 Charlotte, NC Charlotte Bobcats Arena
Sep. 29 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum
Oct. 01 Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center
Oct. 07 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Oct. 10 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena
Oct. 14 Indianapolis, IN Conseco Field House
Oct. 16 Chicago, IL Allstate Arena
Oct. 18 Chicago, IL United Center
Oct. 22 Auburn Hills, MI Palace of Auburn Hills
Oct. 24 Minneapolis, MN Target Center
Oct. 26 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center
Oct. 28 St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center
Oct. 30 Boston, MA TD Banknorth Garden
Nov. 03 E. Rutherford, NJ Continental Airlines Arena
Nov. 13 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
Nov. 20 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center
Nov. 23 Glendale, AZ Jobing.Com Arena
Nov. 25 San Diego, CA Cox Arena
Nov. 27 Sacramento, CA Arco Arena
Nov. 29 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion at San Jose
Dec. 01 Portland, OR Rose Garden
Dec. 03 Seattle, WA Key Arena
Dec. 05 Vancouver, BC General Motors Place
Dec. 09 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
Dec. 11 Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome

quote:
Some Guy wrote:

^ big time
7th September 2007 10:44 AM
Some Guy I knew you would latch on to that like a pit bull.
7th September 2007 10:49 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I knew you would latch on to that like a pit bull.

settle down Whoopi
7th September 2007 11:14 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

settle down Whoopi

postin in full pads.

Wolf, in order to slim down a bit, are you requesting that ALL M&M's be removed from the M&M bowl ?- VH links

[Edited by Some Guy]
7th September 2007 03:32 PM
Jumping Jack http://youtube.com/watch?v=-yuVu0N0qGk
7th September 2007 04:16 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

postin in full pads.

Thanks Tater .
7th September 2007 04:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Wolf, in order to slim down a bit, are you requesting that ALL M&M's be removed from the M&M bowl ?- VH links

Damn it Wolfie!!! Not only are the brown M&M's gone - but it looks like the entire backstage scene has gone completely to shit!!

where are the hot groupies???

for fucks sakes!! Eddie brings his nerdy 14 yr-old kid out on tour and the once mighty Van Halen backstage party is reduced into an awkward high school gleek club meeting!

WTF is going on???

I'm telling ya the fat kid has to go!!! Whats the point in Dave even wearing the ass chaps anymore??

[Edited by Saint Sway]
7th September 2007 06:38 PM
Some Guy Yo sniff, it's on and poppin!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)