ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October 2005
© Marisa Roman, Daily Progress and Richmond Times Dispatch with thanks to moy and Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Van Halen tour is ... on! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
2nd October 2007 11:30 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Smokin hot...

....and flamingly gay

2nd October 2007 11:33 AM
glencar
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Fantastic.

maxlugar.com is not working today?
2nd October 2007 11:59 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
glencar wrote:
maxlugar.com is not working today?

Huh? Oh crap! I forgot to plug it in. Give it a try in 2 minutes.
2nd October 2007 12:18 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

....and flamingly gay

bose de bose de bop.
2nd October 2007 12:20 PM
gypsy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

....and flamingly gay

Damn, that is one gay ass jacket. I can't decide if it's gayer than some of the sparkly jackets Mick has donned over the past couple of years.
2nd October 2007 12:56 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Give it a try in 2 minutes.

Ahem !!!!

M- Material ?!

2nd October 2007 01:03 PM
doo doo doo Dude My dear peeps, I'm happy to say that The Mighty Van Halen has taken flight once again to reclaim its perch near the very top of the hard rock pantheon. From Pollstar:

Off & Runnin' Like The Devil

For all of its fits and starts, the Van Halen tour appears to be off to a rip-roaring start.
The Police are getting good reviews. So is Stevie Wonder. But if reviewers in Charlotte, N.C., are any indication, it is the reunited Van Halen that is the coolest show of the year.
To some, Van Halen was going to be a great show no matter what. Hardcore fans just wanted to see David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen back together again, and they snatched up tickets without any other concern. A show at Los Angeles' Staples Center in November sold out in minutes, prompting a second night to be added for December. There are also multiple nights in Philadelphia, Las Vegas and Anaheim.
To others, though, like snarky music bloggers, VH ran a chance of imploding before the tour launch. And if the volatile personalities made it to a stage, would they bring it?
"Early into their first concert together in more than 23 years - the show no one thought they'd see - Van Halen was doing its best to erase years of soap opera feuding, false starts and long-fading hopes for a reunion," the Post & Courier of Charleston said of the tour opener. "And if there was any doubt they could live up to the band's considerable legend or the unbelievable hype - and there was plenty of that - they were viciously putting those concerns to rest. And they seemed to know it."
The band was said to have ripped through its 26-song set, with Eddie Van Halen and Roth all smiles (the latter was said to have a grin on his face all night). Wolfgang Van Halen - Eddie's 16-year-old son - was given props.
Two nights later, VH visited the Greensboro Coliseum in North Carolina to the same applause.
"There's just something so right about seeing Roth up there where he belongs again, even without the mane of hair he used to sport," the News & Observer said.
"By the end of the very first song (a crushing "You Really Got Me"), Roth was scatting his vocal and Eddie Van Halen was duplicating it syllable for syllable on his guitar. That goofy sense of fun is exactly the dimension Van Halen lacked during those long, dark Sammy Hagar years."
2nd October 2007 01:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
... with Eddie Van Halen and Roth all smiles (the latter was said to have a grin on his face all night).

umm... isnt that freak ALWAYS like that?
2nd October 2007 01:36 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Pollstar wrote:
To others, though, like snarky music bloggers, VH ran a chance of imploding before the tour launch.

The writer from Pollstar was obviously referring to "snarky" Saint Sway who is now facing his own form of "HumiliSwaytion" as the Mighty Van Halen prove the snarky naysayers wrong.
2nd October 2007 01:49 PM
Saint Sway Something tells me that as long as Dave keeps correcting Eddie and telling him "No! No! No Ed! Play it like Steve Vai would" ... then I am going to have the last laugh

2nd October 2007 01:50 PM
Some Guy Oh this baby is gonna be huge. I predict big things. Bigger than Star Wars some one said.
2nd October 2007 01:55 PM
Some Guy You might want to open the door, cause its about to get blowed!

2nd October 2007 01:59 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Something tells me that as long as Dave keeps correcting Eddie and telling him "No! No! No Ed! Play it like Steve Vai would" ... then I am going to have the last laugh

You are a Snarky Machine, my friend
2nd October 2007 02:09 PM
BILL PERKS I HAVE BEEN TO 30 SOME CONCERTS OVER 22 YEARS...
LAST NIGHT WAS FAR AND AWAY THE BEST I'VE EVER SEEN..
ALL GLOATING ASIDE,YOU'RE MISSING A FANTASTIC SHOW..IT STILL MAY BLOW BLOW UP,BUT I'M GLAD I SAW BEFORE IT DID
2nd October 2007 02:24 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I HAVE BEEN TO 30 SOME CONCERTS OVER 22 YEARS...
LAST NIGHT WAS FAR AND AWAY THE BEST I'VE EVER SEEN..
ALL GLOATING ASIDE,YOU'RE MISSING A FANTASTIC SHOW..IT STILL MAY BLOW BLOW UP,BUT I'M GLAD I SAW BEFORE IT DID

Perks .....................................

Are you serious ?!

Developing ....................

H.R. Puffin Joe !
2nd October 2007 02:50 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

Perks .....................................

Are you serious ?!

Developing ....................

H.R. Puffin Joe !

YEP-EVERY WORD
IF I HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE STONES AND VH(THE WAY THEY PLAYED LAST NIGHT),I'D CHOOSE VH EASILY.
2nd October 2007 02:58 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
You might want to open the door, cause its about to get blowed!

They are definitely piping in Michael Anthony on tape!
2nd October 2007 03:46 PM
Some Guy
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

YEP-EVERY WORD
IF I HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE STONES AND VH(THE WAY THEY PLAYED LAST NIGHT),I'D CHOOSE VH EASILY.

PERKS, THATS A BOLD STATEMENT.
2nd October 2007 03:47 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

They are definitely piping in Michael Anthony on tape!

you think so? there is a lot of debate regarding that.
2nd October 2007 03:51 PM
gypsy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

It's great to see Eddie looking so healthy. Good for him.
2nd October 2007 03:56 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

you think so? there is a lot of debate regarding that.

YES! That last clip seals it for me.
2nd October 2007 03:57 PM
Some Guy PERKS?

2nd October 2007 03:58 PM
Some Guy This seems familiar somehow-

2nd October 2007 04:11 PM
Jumping Jack
2nd October 2007 04:13 PM
Jumping Jack Mick's was bigger and his was first!
2nd October 2007 04:15 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

nice...
2nd October 2007 04:24 PM
Jumping Jack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znu4qT_7lHo
2nd October 2007 04:46 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

That's some default judgment with a finding of extreme egregiousism posting right there.
2nd October 2007 05:03 PM
Dan They sound okay according to the shows on Dime. I would pay in the $20 range to see this if at all possible. Maybe there will be a second leg if they are interested in milking this further.
2nd October 2007 05:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
This seems familiar somehow-

step aside, Spinal Tap, the Van Humiliation is now complete.

oh yeah. That definately blew doors...

and chunks...

and goats...

[Edited by Saint Sway]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)