ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October 2005
© Marisa Roman, Daily Progress and Richmond Times Dispatch with thanks to moy and Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Van Halen tour is ... on! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
22nd September 2007 12:39 PM
_Boomy_ Van Halen's backing vocals have always blown, imo.

Now they're throwing in Wolfie's puberty-laden vocals? Did you hear that?

"Running with the deeviiiil!"
22nd September 2007 01:06 PM
Lord (Hetero) VH have that sterile BU vocal sound that is obviously by design but IMO bites. Same with that snare sound.
I cn't imagine going to a mega rockshow anymore but I would really like to go see this one.
22nd September 2007 02:32 PM
Olompali VH's B.U. vox is producer Ted Templeman's trademark ca. The Doobie Brothers 1972.
22nd September 2007 05:48 PM
sammy davis jr. I do hate that phase that's on Al's drums all the time.....
22nd September 2007 06:19 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
a lil collage of goodness-

[Edited by Some Guy]

Yeah skee, some Van Halafontaine right there.
23rd September 2007 01:10 AM
Poison Dart Roth's vocals sound pretty weak. Plus, it looks like they have Andy Milonakis on bass and w/out Michael Anthony the backing vocals are going to suck more than the lead vocals.

I'm surprised they actually made it to through the first dress rehearsal.

That said, I can't keep my eyes off this train wreck waiting to happen.
24th September 2007 12:55 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Roth's vocals sound pretty weak. Plus, it looks like they have Andy Milonakis on bass and w/out Michael Anthony the backing vocals are going to suck more than the lead vocals.

I'm surprised they actually made it to through the first dress rehearsal.

That said, I can't keep my eyes off this train wreck waiting to happen.

that is some solid open field postin.
24th September 2007 01:03 PM
Gimme Shelter I got my tickets for the Sacramento show on Nov. 27th.
24th September 2007 01:05 PM
mojoman how many m&m's will wolfie down?
24th September 2007 01:11 PM
Some Guy
quote:
mojoman wrote:
how many m&m's will wolfie down?

obscure reference lost on younger posters.
24th September 2007 01:51 PM
doo doo doo Dude Just got my L.A. Staples tix (already sold out). Gonna be an awesome homecoming!

Van Hallelujah!!!
24th September 2007 02:11 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

obscure reference lost on younger posters.

Don't hate.

I've heard of the color segregation. But why would you want to eat an M&M that was touched by a roadie?

I also know that VH used to super-glue furniture to the ceilings in their hotel rooms.
24th September 2007 02:16 PM
Some Guy
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
Just got my L.A. Staples tix (already sold out). Gonna be an awesome homecoming!

Van Hallelujah!!!

nizzleism!

I just got my 79 Tour T-shirt by mail!
24th September 2007 02:25 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

nizzleism!

I just got my 79 Tour T-shirt by mail!

SUP my Nizzles
24th September 2007 02:29 PM
Some Guy week off, Jag is maxed, gucci loafers on snap- look out Charlotte I'm all up in yer grill.
24th September 2007 02:54 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
week off, Jag is maxed, gucci loafers on snap- look out Charlotte I'm all up in yer grill.

There is a storm rueing...
24th September 2007 02:58 PM
Some Guy Marley Undaunted By Van Halen Opening Slot

Ky-Mani Marley

September 14, 2007, 10:15 AM ET

Wes Orshoski, N.Y.

The throngs of rock-loving Van Halen fans who show up early to the band's long-anticipated reunion tour this fall will be greeted with an unlikely opening act in reggae royalty Ky-Mani Marley. But those expecting to hear copycat versions of his father's "One Love" or "Exodus" are in for a surprise, he says.

With a seven-piece band in tow, Marley -- the 31-year-old son of the iconic Bob and one-time table tennis champion Anita Belnavis -- will be performing tracks from his forthcoming "Radio" disc," which he says is not a reggae album.

"It's really edgy, really urban. It's not reggae," he tells Billboard.com. "I don't want to call it hip-hop, and it's not R&B. I like to call it 'Ky-Mani.' I think I've created my own sound now, where you can identify me from everything else. I don't like to stick to one genre. And that's the reason I call it 'Radio,' because the radio is where all genres of music meet."

In fact, it was through America radio, and the music played by his mom, that he was exposed to music of Van Halen as a child. Born in Falmouth, Jamaica, he moved to Miami in the early 1980s, where he grew up listening primarily to rock and pop music.

"In Jamaica, we only had one radio station, so when I came to America, my mom bought me a boom box, and I switched it onto the first channel I heard and left it there, thinking that's all there was,¡± he says. ¡°It ended up being Y100. So in my early years, I'm listening to 'Love in an Elevator,' Guns N' Roses, Bon Jovi. My favorite record growing up was George Michael¡¯s 'One More Try.'"

To be released Sept. 25 by the New York-based Vox Music Group, "Radio" is Marley's fourth disc, and the follow-up to 2001's Grammy-nominated "Many More Roads." It features appearances by Mya, Young Buck and rising Jamaican singer Tessanne Chin.

"It has an edgy feel to it," says Marley, who co-produced with Jason "J-Vibe" Famer, Ky Miller and Red Spyda. "It touches on a little bit of everything. You have the party song, the song that's a little more serious, the love songs for the ladies and the songs that touch the soul."

Marley, who also made strides as an actor in recent years, says he's not worried about the classic-rock audience he'll face on tour with Van Halen. "I'm not nervous because I'm not going there to play reggae,¡± he says.¡± I have music for everybody. There's definitely going to be some people surprised, I promise you. Of course, everybody's not going to like it, but everybody can't hate it. So my thing is, if I can capture one fan, then I've done my job."
[Edited by Some Guy]
24th September 2007 05:31 PM
mojoman how high was eddie when they approved marley for the opening slot? hope marley is gonna be wearing some body armor.
24th September 2007 05:54 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:
how high was eddie when they approved marley for the opening slot? hope marley is gonna be wearing some body armor.

I am now so excited for this tour that I could literally , LITERALLY drop a friggin LOG !!!!!

** ABRUPT END TO TRANSMISSION ****

Phew ! ™
25th September 2007 05:23 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mojoman wrote:
how high was eddie when they approved marley for the opening slot?

MIGHTY HIGH
25th September 2007 07:13 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

MIGHTY HIGH

Yo check it, sniff...

25th September 2007 07:24 PM
Saint Sway thanks T.

I laugh hard everytime the camera pans onto the fat kid pluckin on the bass

Pug?
25th September 2007 09:14 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Pug?

Waldo?

25th September 2007 11:07 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

MIGHTY HIGH

looks like skid row eddie brown baggin it with bruce&demi and some dude huffin it in back and one of the golden girls lookin on
26th September 2007 02:10 AM
Lethargy OH...MY...GOD...

I'm so embarassedand empathetic of those of you who have been looking forward to this must feel...

This isn't even high school battle of the bands material. This sucks beyond words...

Anyone who is honest will admit it...

Good night.

quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Yo check it, sniff...

26th September 2007 11:08 AM
Some Guy man I think the clock is slow.
26th September 2007 11:12 AM
Saint Sway Gypsy & Eddie!

photo courtesy of Jeep
26th September 2007 11:16 AM
Some Guy Look at all the people here tonight!
26th September 2007 11:21 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Look at all the people here tonight!

l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
hold on...
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
v
wait for it...
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
v

[Edited by Saint Sway]
26th September 2007 12:38 PM
claudiomoraleida Only one thing came into my mind when I saw that kid playing the bass:

Remember that "Hollywood" guy from that "2 stupid dogs" cartoon ?? What was his favorite phrase ?

Re:

isn't that cute ? BUT IT'S WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)