ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October 2005
© Marisa Roman, Daily Progress and Richmond Times Dispatch with thanks to moy and Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Van Halen tour is ... on! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
28th September 2007 01:29 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Valerie Bertinelli's lawyers have requested that they start the shows no later than 7pm so that Wolfie isnt staying up past his 9:30 bed time.

ANOTHER GAY(AND TIRED) POST..VH JUST PLAYED FOR MORE FANS LAST NIGHT THAN THE CROWES WILL THIS YEAR
28th September 2007 01:30 PM
Saint Sway "ALL ABOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!.............. this is Charlotte station... first stop of the Van Humiliation Express Tour. Please watch your step getting on and off the train. Next stop: Greensboro... "

[/quote]
28th September 2007 02:02 PM
mojoman I took a mobile light, lookin' for a moonbeam. Ow!
Yeah, ya stand in line ya got lost in a jet stream
28th September 2007 03:02 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

ANOTHER GAY(AND TIRED) POST..VH JUST PLAYED FOR MORE FANS LAST NIGHT THAN THE CROWES WILL THIS YEAR

Mr. PERKS, your prophecy has come true. No ruer words were ever spoken.

Van Humiliation is over. We have been "VanDicated"!
28th September 2007 03:18 PM
Saint Sway OUSHAT12

28th September 2007 03:42 PM
sirmoonie Proud sponsor of the 2007 Van-American Games.

28th September 2007 03:55 PM
Saint Sway RUE!

28th September 2007 06:52 PM
Jumping Jack The show was great, perhaps a little less flamboyant than in years past, but was classic VH just like the early 80s. They delivered everything they promised in the press conference and then some.

The warhorses and solos were as good as you will find anywhere, and the show was in the same league with The Stones, Who and Coop, and better in some ways because no one plays like Eddie. He has lost none of his speed and does the widdly diddly, finger tapping, ultra fast playing like no one else. While the show highlights were tremendous, some of the early songs get a bit tedious and repetitive and drag a bit compared with the warhorses. There are opportunities to refill your beer.

Wolfie was adequate, Alex was Alex, DLR was entertaining without being totally obnoxious, and Eddie really turned it on in the second half of the show, particularly the solo. If Townshend ever decided to cut it loose like the 70s instead of playing super clean and precise he might be close, but Eddie is in a class by himself now. The bad blood between Ed and Dave does appear to be in the past (perhaps with Valerie out of the picture) and they were really having a great time. There was great excitement to be in front of a live crowd again.

Dave sang well and behaved (no visible cheekage) although he ripped off Jagger’s ‘75 shtick by riding an inflatable microphone. He may not sing as well Daltrey or entertain like Jagger or Cooper, but is key part of the band’s chemistry and it is great to have him back.

The sound was pretty good, but where I was seated the mix was very heavy on the bass and drums, drowning the vocals and lead at times.

The ramp was underutilized, shaped like a hook, with the primary purpose of hooking suckers no doubt. Dave ventured out for parts of 4-5 songs, Wolfie made a token trip or two, and Eddie never went out. The seats inside the circle were great and that group had a very large time, the other high dollar seats on the front half of the floor were a ripoff at $400+.

The lights and stage show were good, but nothing really special. They did use The Who’s 70s green lasers and played a bit of Magic Bus at one point.

All in all an excellent show I highly recommend. This is no Genesis or Police retirement fund show. It is testosterone loaded rock and roll suitable for a beer drinking, Jack chugging, hard partying boy’s night out. You’ll have one helluva time. Don’t miss it!!!

28th September 2007 07:27 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
All in all an excellent show I highly recommend. This is no Genesis or Police retirement fund show. It is testosterone loaded rock and roll suitable for a beer drinking, Jack chugging, hard partying boy’s night out. You’ll have one helluva time. Don’t miss it!!!

Amen and Van Hallelujah!!
28th September 2007 07:45 PM
mrhipfl I'm surprised there are no videos on youtube yet.
28th September 2007 07:47 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
RUE!

i'd like to take time to thank my sponsers

tastycakes
twinkies
ben&jerrys
and kfc
28th September 2007 07:53 PM
mojoman
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The show was great, perhaps a little less flamboyant than in years past, but was classic VH just like the early 80s. They delivered everything they promised in the press conference and then some.

The warhorses and solos were as good as you will find anywhere, and the show was in the same league with The Stones, Who and Coop, and better in some ways because no one plays like Eddie. He has lost none of his speed and does the widdly diddly, finger tapping, ultra fast playing like no one else. While the show highlights were tremendous, some of the early songs get a bit tedious and repetitive and drag a bit compared with the warhorses. There are opportunities to refill your beer.

Wolfie was adequate, Alex was Alex, DLR was entertaining without being totally obnoxious, and Eddie really turned it on in the second half of the show, particularly the solo. If Townshend ever decided to cut it loose like the 70s instead of playing super clean and precise he might be close, but Eddie is in a class by himself now. The bad blood between Ed and Dave does appear to be in the past (perhaps with Valerie out of the picture) and they were really having a great time. There was great excitement to be in front of a live crowd again.

Dave sang well and behaved (no visible cheekage) although he ripped off Jagger’s ‘75 shtick by riding an inflatable microphone. He may not sing as well Daltrey or entertain like Jagger or Cooper, but is key part of the band’s chemistry and it is great to have him back.

The sound was pretty good, but where I was seated the mix was very heavy on the bass and drums, drowning the vocals and lead at times.

The ramp was underutilized, shaped like a hook, with the primary purpose of hooking suckers no doubt. Dave ventured out for parts of 4-5 songs, Wolfie made a token trip or two, and Eddie never went out. The seats inside the circle were great and that group had a very large time, the other high dollar seats on the front half of the floor were a ripoff at $400+.

The lights and stage show were good, but nothing really special. They did use The Who’s 70s green lasers and played a bit of Magic Bus at one point.

holy canoli!!! might as well jump!!! shit it has been twenty-six years since the last time i went. philly one....coming up!!!! i'll just tell the wifey its an AA meeting
28th September 2007 07:55 PM
Jumping Jack The boy did OK but was sucking wind by the end of the show. Maybe Diamond Dave will get him into some post show activities to shed some pounds.
28th September 2007 08:36 PM
doo doo doo Dude I'm the One:

VanDicated, I say!
28th September 2007 08:41 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The show was great, perhaps a little less flamboyant than in years past, but was classic VH just like the early 80s. They delivered everything they promised in the press conference and then some.

Holy moly, what a review.
28th September 2007 08:44 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

Wolfie was adequate.............

Which means he was better than Wyman ever was, plus its legal for Wolfie to romp with 15 year old girls.

Score two for Van Whalin'!
28th September 2007 09:24 PM
mojoman
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Which means he was better than Wyman ever was, plus its legal for Wolfie to romp with 15 year old girls.

Score two for Van Whalin'!

how many 15 year old girls at van halen show this tour?
29th September 2007 07:16 AM
Zack
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Which means he was better than Wyman ever was

Moonie, don't talk shit about old Stoneface!
29th September 2007 07:48 AM
Some Guy Moonie, rueism and ManHalen. Dude you got it!

Blowing doors where there are none!

Gonna be a big tour, Swayter.

I've seen some serious postin above the rim up in here.
29th September 2007 07:54 AM
Some Guy
29th September 2007 07:56 AM
Some Guy
29th September 2007 08:05 AM
Some Guy
29th September 2007 08:24 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

I wiped away a tear as I read this.
29th September 2007 11:57 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

Nice Review Jumping Jack .

Comparing this latest version ( ....and best ?! ) of Van Halen to recent performances of THE ROLLING STONES , THE WHO & COOP ( a resident of Paradise Valley , AZ --- Since I arrived in town Tuesday afternoon I have seen his numerous commercials all over the television --- Damn that guy has signed some major endorsement deals ) has peaked young Joey's interest .......................

Developing .......................

www.pollstar.com

www.SPRINTCENTER.com

'kins. , Est. 1999
29th September 2007 12:03 PM
Joey
" If Townshend ever decided to cut it loose like the 70s instead of playing super clean and precise he might be close "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29th September 2007 12:33 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:

HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE I FIRST SEEN OLD RIVERS?
WHY, I CAN'T REMEMBER WHEN HE WEREN'T AROUND.
WELL, THAT OLD MAN DID A HEAP OF WORK;
SPENT HIS WHOLE LIFE WALKING PLOWED GROUND.

HE HAD A ONE-ROOM SHACK NOT FAR FROM US,
AND WE WAS ABOUT AS POOR AS HIM.
HE HAD ONE OLD MULE HE CALLED "MIDNIGHT",
AND I'D TAG ALONG AFTER THEM.

HE'D PLOW THEM ROWS STRAIGHT AND DEEP
AND I'D TAG ALONG BEHIND,
BUSTIN' UP CLODS WITH MY OWN BARE FEET --
OLD RIVERS WAS A FRIEND OF MINE.

THAT SUN WOULD GET HIGH AND THAT MULE WOULD WORK
TILL OLD RIVERS'D SAY, "WHOA!"
THEN HE'D WIPE HIS BROW, LEAN BACK IN THE REINS,
AND TALK ABOUT A PLACE HE WAS GONNA GO.

SAY, ONE OF THESE DAYS I'M GONNA CLIMB THAT MOUNTAIN;
WALK UP THERE AMONG THEM CLOUDS,
WHERE THE COTTON'S HIGH AND THE CORN'S A-GROWIN',
AND THERE AIN'T NO FIELDS TO PLOW.

I GOT A LETTER FROM BACK HOME THE OTHER DAY --
THEY'RE ALL FINE, AND THE CROPS IS HIGH --
AND DOWN AT THE END MY MAMA SAID,
"YOU KNOW, OLD RIVERS DIED."
I'M JUST SITTING HERE ON THIS NEW-PLOWED EARTH,
TRYIN' TO FIND ME A LITTLE SHADE.
AND WITH THE SUN BEATING DOWN, 'CROSS THE FIELD I SEE
THAT MULE, OLD RIVERS...AND ME

I feel ya little husker...I feel ya
29th September 2007 12:48 PM
Some Guy If I'm here and you're here doesn't that make it our time and whats wrong with a little Pretty Woman on our time-

30th September 2007 02:33 AM
Keyser Söze Van Halen blows like a crack whore on a Sunday morning behind a church.
30th September 2007 09:33 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
Van Halen blows like a crack whore on a Sunday morning behind a church.

JUST RUE AND SHUT UP
30th September 2007 10:39 AM
Some Guy Rueism, Grennsboro style-

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)