ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October 2005
© Marisa Roman, Daily Progress and Richmond Times Dispatch with thanks to moy and Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Van Halen tour is ... on! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18th August 2007 11:16 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:

Chuck Noll is having serious health problems. The Nation wishes him all the best. The man made Pittsburgh a football town, and changed the NFL forever. He was the master of the draft. I cannot think of any other coach in any sport who had a better eye for talent.

He let his players have the limelight. He very rarely spoke, but when he did he made a lot of sense.

"A life of frustration is inevitable for any coach whose main enjoyment is winning. "

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it. "

"It's not pleasant when you lose your whole football team."

"The key to a winning season is focusing on one opponent at a time. Winning one week at a time. Never look back and never look ahead."

"The thrill isn't in the winning, it's in the doing. "

"Some coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 260-pound tackles. They'll give me plenty of wisdom.”

"Good things happen to those who hustle."

My favorite Noll was: "Pressure is when you don't know what you are doing." And that is about all the guy ever said. A brilliant man of few words.

Hey, I Noll's autograph too, same field I got Frenchy's.

Check it, the "best" autograph I got out of those 3-4 years the Steelers practiced at CMU was Hanratty. The guy thought he was John Hancock.
18th August 2007 11:32 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

My favorite Noll was: "Pressure is when you don't know what you are doing." And that is about all the guy ever said. A brilliant man of few words.

Hey, I Noll's autograph too, same field I got Frenchy's.

Check it, the "best" autograph I got out of those 3-4 years the Steelers practiced at CMU was Hanratty. The guy thought he was John Hancock.

Dude, do you still have all those old autographs? On my desk at work I have a photograph of a young robpop on the shoulders of this defense tackle in his 2nd or 3rd year. This defensive tackle wore jersey number 75. Fuck, I forget his name. I think he drank a lot of Coke. My dad took that photo.

Steelers won a preseaon game tonight.

Think about it. What a classy bunch of players. They were the best in the league. I have not heard on any "bad seed on that team that the Steelers kept. The players were great to the young yinzerrs.

I never had a bad experience with any players and I met a lot. I never met Ernie Holmes tough. That dude was just to scary.
[Edited by robpop]
[Edited by robpop]
18th August 2007 11:50 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:

Dude, do you still have all those old autographs? On my desk at work I have a photograph of a young robpop on the shoulders of this defense tackle in his 2nd or 3rd year. This defensive tackle wore jersey number 75. Fuck, I forget his name. I think he drank a lot of Coke. My dad took that photo.

Steelers won a preseaon game tonight.
[Edited by robpop]

Those autopgraphs are around, but just buried in boxes and boxes in my mom's house in Florida. I saw them about ten years ago, but the significance in my life wasn't there at the time.

Amazing what a small town Pittsburgh was, and probably still is. You'd meet local celebs like it was nothing. Used to walk back home from Reizenstein MS, and there was Willie Stargell mowing his lawn. Blass and Shanklin showed up at school once and told us never to do drugs, Bleier was everywhere - saw that guy walking around downtown a couple of times. Remember Mayor Caliguiri (RIP)? That guy was everywhere too.
18th August 2007 11:59 PM
robpop Yes I do remember Mayor Caliguiri. He did pass away while he was still in office. I remember I went to Claber's hardware (they had a chain in the South Hills in the 1970's) You have to understand I was very young at the time. My mom was pointing at this black man in the hardware store saying it's him. Well he heard her and walked over and said, "Yes Maam it's me." The fucking rookie of the year Franco Harris buying screws!!!

I just remembered today would have been my mom's 65th birthday.
19th August 2007 07:03 AM
Some Guy whats up with Steely Mcbeam?
20th August 2007 10:37 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
whats up with Steely Mcbeam?

Don't know Tater .
20th August 2007 05:24 PM
robpop
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
whats up with Steely Mcbeam?

I'm in denial. It can't happen here.
20th August 2007 05:25 PM
Some Guy Can you buy Steely McBeam dolls?
20th August 2007 06:26 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Can you buy Steely McBeam dolls?

I want a Michael Vick doll - stripes, chains, j-tats, and all!
20th August 2007 06:28 PM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

the man always keepin a brotha down.
20th August 2007 06:33 PM
Saint Sway best real life alias:

"Ron Mexico" or "Fabulous Picasso Brothers"?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0405051vick1.html
[Edited by Saint Sway]
20th August 2007 06:55 PM
robpop
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

the man always keepin a brotha down.

Steely McBeam always shows props for a brotha.

[Edited by robpop]
20th August 2007 07:01 PM
robpop
20th August 2007 07:33 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Would you settle for a MV chew toy?

Or a slighty worn jersey, available now from Bad Newz Kennels?

20th August 2007 07:46 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
best real life alias:

"Ron Mexico" or "Fabulous Picasso Brothers"?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0405051vick1.html
[Edited by Saint Sway]

20th August 2007 07:57 PM
Saint Sway ha ha nice pic Moonie!

what??

more?

oh sure...

Ron Mexico?

YES!! Ron Mexico!
20th August 2007 08:01 PM
robpop Shine a Light for Vick.

20th August 2007 09:03 PM
Mel Belli VAN HALEN TOUR IMMEDIATELY SELLS OUT DATES, ADDITIONAL SHOWS ADDED!

Fans Across The Country Show Their Excitement for First

Van Halen/David Lee Roth Tour in More Than 22 Years

(LOS ANGELES, CA) August 20, 2007 Tickets for the first Van Halen tour in more than 22 years with David Lee Roth as lead vocalist went on sale this weekend and resulted in immediate sell outs in multiple markets around the country, including Charlotte, Detroit (Palace), 2 shows in Toronto, 2 in Chicago and one in Philadelphia. Tour producer Live Nation immediately added additional shows in Philadelphia (WachoviaCenter 10/3) and Detroit (Joe Louis Arena 10/20) which will go on sale this Saturday, August 25th.

An additional stop was also scheduled for Washington, DC's VerizonCenter (11/1), extending Van Halen's historic trek to 29 dates in all. Tickets for the Washington, DC date will go on sale this Friday, August 24th. In addition, tickets for the band's October 30th show at Boston's TD Banknorth Garden go on sale this Saturday, August 25th.

A complete list of confirmed dates is attached and more information and tickets are available at www.LiveNation.com. Additional announcements regarding on sale dates will be made in the coming weeks. Individuals who have the Citi® / AAdvantage® card, the official credit card of the tour, will be offered access to purchase preferred seats to all U.S. shows.

Fans can enjoy the ultimate Van Halen experience including concert pre-show parties, backstage access, premium seating and more. For additional details go to www.iloveallaccess.com. Fans are encouraged to also check in at www.van-halen.com for additional information.

Van Halen remains one of the most important and influential bands of all time. Formed in Los Angeles in 1974, the band quickly won a loyal hometown fan base with their electrifying live shows. From the moment they released their self-titled 1978 debut album, Van Halen shook the foundations of rock, thanks largely to Roth's peerless showmanship, Eddie Van Halen's revolutionary guitar virtuosity and their songwriting abilities. It changed rock music forever.

The band's first album proved one of the biggest selling rock debuts, with key tracks like "Eruption," "Running with the Devil," "Jamie's Cryin'," "You Really Got Me" and "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" leading the way. The next year, the band followed up with "Van Halen II," which included the hit "Dance the Night Away."

Subsequent albums like "Women and Children First" (1980), "Fair Warning" (1981) and "Diver Down" (1982), along with worldwide touring, solidified the band's reputation for innovative and unparalleled live performances. Classic Van Halen tracks from the early 80's include "Everybody Wants Some," "Unchained", "And The Cradle Will Rock", "Beautiful Girls", "Mean Street" and "Somebody Get Me A Doctor" just to name a few.

With their sixth album, released in, and titled "1984", Van Halen rose to stratospheric heights. Recorded at Eddie Van Halen's 5150 Studios, the multi-platinum smash yielded one of Van Halen's signature hits, "Jump," which remained #1 on the Billboard charts for an astounding five weeks straight. Other hits from the album include "Panama," "Hot For Teacher" and "I'll Wait."

The band's record of achievement is hard to top. Presented with two Diamond Award RIAA Certified Status' for their albums "Van Halen" and "1984", Van Halen joins an elite short list of two time Diamond Award honorees in the history of the music industry. The Diamond Award is presented to an artist for album sales of 10 million or more units. They are also in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the most #1 hits on Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart than any other band in history.

Inducted into the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame in March of this year, Van Halen has produced a treasured body of work that fans will admire for decades to come.

20th August 2007 09:06 PM
robpop Mel,

Mikey Vick sure could have used you on this rap. Forget about VH. You could have made a ton of money.
20th August 2007 09:10 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
robpop wrote:
Mel,

Mikey Vick sure could have used you on this rap. Forget about VH. You could have made a ton of money.

I'll defend people-killers. But dog-killers? Scum of the earth.
21st August 2007 09:54 PM
Some Guy Sway...

[Edited by Some Guy]
21st August 2007 09:57 PM
Some Guy Gonna be a rough season,tater.
22nd August 2007 04:12 PM
Dan http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=79213

Former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony has released the following update:

"I want to thank everyone for all the support you've shown me during the past months. It's all been pretty crazy, and I just wanted to bring you all up to speed.

"A lot of you have been asking about the upcoming VAN HALEN tour and my response to it. It's not that I'm not touring with VAN HALEN because I'm going out with Sammy [Hagar; former VAN HALEN frontman]. I'm going out with Sammy because I was not invited to do the VH tour. Sammy told me that if I was asked to be part of the VH tour and decided to do it, it would be totally cool, and it would not tarnish our friendship in the least!! Well, it's not to be, and life goes on. I'll still be out there with Sam, and I can't wait to do some partying with all of you.

"One last note from myself to all the VAN HALEN fans out there who will be attending their shows... Wolfgang [Van Halen, new VAN HALEN bassist and Eddie Van Halen's son] is a great kid, so don't judge him too harshly. I'm sure he'll do just fine!!"

A furor erupted online last week after photos of Anthony at the band's official web site were either removed or replaced by an image of guitarist Eddie Van Halen's son Wolfgang, who will play bass on the group's upcoming tour. The photos were restored less than two days later.

VAN HALEN announced the details of its long-awaited reunion tour with original singer David Lee Roth on August 13. The tour kicks off on September 27 in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Pre-recorded tapes will reportedly be used to recreate Anthony's backing vocals on the tour.

22nd August 2007 05:03 PM
mojoman
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Sway...

[Edited by Some Guy]

GIT R DONE!!!

22nd August 2007 05:11 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Gonna be a rough season,tater.

Amen .....tater !

22nd August 2007 05:11 PM
Some Guy
quote:
mojoman wrote:

GIT R DONE!!!

you know dat sh2t is funny right dare.
23rd August 2007 02:45 PM
Saint Sway

^ you know dat sh2t is funny right dare.
23rd August 2007 05:32 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Sway...

[Edited by Some Guy]

Sway, did you watch this? It's a little different.
24th August 2007 05:07 PM
Saint Sway funny stuff... pure genius!

Diamond Dave.... DJ, EMT, Bluegrasser....

Bullfighter???

Bow Zee Bow Zee Bop Zippity TORO! TORO!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
24th August 2007 05:12 PM
Some Guy Gonna watch Monday Night Football?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)