ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October 2005
© Marisa Roman, Daily Progress and Richmond Times Dispatch with thanks to moy and Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Van Halen tour is ... on! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
26th September 2007 03:32 PM
Some Guy
27th September 2007 10:18 AM
Some Guy Tonight's Van Halen concert has Charlotte buzzing, and if you've walked by Charlotte Bobcats Arena this week, you may have heard the faint sounds of a few of their songs.

The band -- staying at Ballantyne Resort -- has been rehearsing their show at the arena this week, according to insiders. Perhaps the band is trying to get all the jitters out. Their Charlotte concert is the first stop in their first tour with David Lee Roth in 22 years.

The rest of the country is taking note: photographers from Rolling Stone, USA Today, the New York Daily News and other national publications will be shooting the show.

We'll have a slideshow of photos shot by our own (lucky) photographer on www.charlotte.com.

And if you didn't get tickets, you can always fake that you were there. Van Halen memorabilia will be on sale in the arena's team store starting at 4 p.m.

http://www.charlotte.com/200/story/294758.html

: Van Halen Slump!

[Edited by Some Guy]
27th September 2007 10:33 AM
pdog Danzig Vs. Journey

27th September 2007 11:18 AM
Joey

I hope the concert tonight does not suck .
27th September 2007 01:07 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

I hope the concert tonight does not suck .

27th September 2007 01:12 PM
pdog I'm sure with three Van Halens and a deranged balding jew, the place rocked... It's fucking Yom Kippur, it has to rock...
Did anyone hear that before admission into the show, you must sign a form stating you have told your parents that you're gay?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
27th September 2007 10:05 PM
Some Guy VH storm the stage at 8:30 sharp. You really got me. Crowd goes nuts. Followed by Im the one, which is a surprise as Romeos Delight was believed to be the 2nd song. Dave sounds Great. Eddie is on fire. I guess sobriety agrees with him.
Running with the Devil is on now, Holy shit, wofie is pounding the bass and his harmonies are spot on! Dave's not exactly hitting the high notes but no one cares. VAN HALEN IS BACK!
They are are stopping after every song and Dave is being Dave, scatting and ramblng on like only Dave can.
Atomic Punk is followed by Everybody wants some. Seems like the first 40 minutes of the VH reunion is a success. The set list is a VH fan's wet dream. Alex is pounding the kit like it's 1978 and Wolfie has the energy of a teenager...wait he is one! Nothing like your first gig ever to be in front of 15,000 of David Lee Roth's closest firends! Wolf has been using every inch of the stage, if the tour lasts he may shed that baby fat yet!
It's pretty shocking that Eddie is not using a wireless set up on his guitar and is staying pretty close to the mic to help with the backing vox.
Prtty Woman followed by Alex's drum solo. For a nearly 60 year old dude he is fucking incredible. Looks like this puppy is bigger than Star Wars!
27th September 2007 10:08 PM
Some Guy "This just in to CBS News. We are getting numerous reports from several sources that the rock band Van Halen has successfully launched its concert tour in North Carolina. According to sources that CBS News is closely monitoring, the band is in rare form tonight, and, as this journalist is keenly aware, at any moment lead singer David Lee Roth could announce his intentions to fuck somebody's girlfriend. We will of course breakin in with this information. For the latest developments stay tuned to this CBS station. Dan Rather reporting, from just outside Bubba's BBQ in Austin, Texas."

27th September 2007 10:12 PM
Some Guy "This is Dan Rather with a CBS News breaking news bulletin. It is getting hotter than a $2 pistol on a muggy summer night in Greensboro North Carolina tonight. As we reported to you earlier, Van Halen has stormed Bobcats arena to put on a rock and roll hootenanny for the ages. CBS News has learned, and this information has been confirmed by our janitor, Larry, that Eddie Van Halen is shredding like chainsaw wielding mother fucker spewed from the mouth of Sybil herself. CBS news can also confirm, that, the band is tight. Real tight. Tighter than the rusty lug nuts on a half-ton 57 Chevy stepside. This reporter has seen pictures of this mammoth extravaganza, and, I must admit, I got a woodrow stiffer than a 14 year-old boy glimpsing the lingerie section of the Sears christmas catalog. Ya'll stay tuned to this CBS station. And rock on motherfuckers. Reporting just outside Bubbas BBQ in Austin, Texas, Dan Rather, CBS News."
27th September 2007 10:20 PM
Some Guy Here is the latest:

Time to slow things down. Dave and his acoustic guitar, reminicing about high school in 1972 and Ice cream. That's right Ice Cream Man, complete with Dave using a headset, leading right into Panama! This night will surely go down in the history books as the night good ol' fashioned Hard rock made a comeback.
27th September 2007 10:28 PM
robpop Pretty Woman. It fucking rocked 25 years ago. I gotta check out some boots before I go. Sorry I still have my doubts. Me Nizzle.

27th September 2007 10:38 PM
robpop GHEY video. But the song still rocks

[Edited by robpop]
27th September 2007 10:45 PM
Nellcote
27th September 2007 10:52 PM
robpop
27th September 2007 10:54 PM
Some Guy
quote:
robpop wrote:
GHEY video. But the song still rocks

[Edited by robpop]

best video of all time!
27th September 2007 10:58 PM
Some Guy You Really Got Me
I'm The One
RWTD
Romeo delight, with lasers
Dave harmonica solo...into SGMAD
Beautiful Girls
dance the night away
Atomic Punk
Everybody Wants Some
So This Is Love
Mean Street
Pretty Woman
Drum solo
Unchained
I'll Wait
And The Cradle Will Rock - new guitar, red and white stripes on black. Ed finished it with a little bit of "Smoke On The Water."
Hot For Teacher
Little Dreamer - Dave singing from up on top
Little Guitars
Jaime's Cryin
Dave's on the acoustic telling stories. "I come from the suburbs where they tear out the trees and name the streets for them."
Ice Cream Man
Panama
Guitar solo - "the bit from vh2, 316, Eruption, Cathedral"
Ain’t Talking ‘Bout Love

Encore:

Jump – with baton twirl and giant inflatable microphone

That’s it – 2 hours total
pictures
[Edited by Some Guy]
28th September 2007 12:31 AM
M.O.W.A.T. Awesome setlist!

Hope they throw in Dancing in the Streets when I see them in Montreal.
28th September 2007 12:38 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:
GHEY video. But the song still rocks

[Edited by robpop]

I love that video - fucking midgets and retards and stuff, all flying around getting all fucked up.
28th September 2007 12:41 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
You Really Got Me
I'm The One
RWTD
Romeo delight, with lasers
Dave harmonica solo...into SGMAD
Beautiful Girls
dance the night away
Atomic Punk
Everybody Wants Some
So This Is Love
Mean Street
Pretty Woman
Drum solo
Unchained
I'll Wait
And The Cradle Will Rock - new guitar, red and white stripes on black. Ed finished it with a little bit of "Smoke On The Water."
Hot For Teacher
Little Dreamer - Dave singing from up on top
Little Guitars
Jaime's Cryin
Dave's on the acoustic telling stories. "I come from the suburbs where they tear out the trees and name the streets for them."
Ice Cream Man
Panama
Guitar solo - "the bit from vh2, 316, Eruption, Cathedral"
Ain’t Talking ‘Bout Love

Encore:

That’s it – 2 hours total
pictures
[Edited by Some Guy]

That's some mackeral posting right there.

Awesome set list, Eddie cranked out the tunes in his day. And holy hell, Jamie's Cryin and Little Guitars on the goddam fucking B-Stage!
28th September 2007 01:01 AM
guitarman53 Their set list sounds fantastic, good to have them back, all this put down about Eddie Van Halen really turns me off! because he really hit his bottom (Skid Row) & is now trying to get straighten out, did they make fun of Charlie Parker? when he went through his drugs & drinking? is it worse then what Keith does all the time with drinking, why doesn't people make fun of him? put Keith besides Eddie Van Halen playing guitar, what do you think the results would be? Keith plays 12 barre blues in a very simple way, but Eddie Van Halen sounds like the blues from mars, which is what they said about Hendrix.
David Lee Roth is a great showman, not even close to Jagger, but give these guys a chance! remember the first time you ever heard their first album, that was Rock 'N' Roll that nobody ever heard before, the brown sound was fantastic.
28th September 2007 01:05 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
put Keith besides Eddie Van Halen playing guitar, what do you think the results would be? Keith plays 12 barre blues in a very simple way, but Eddie Van Halen sounds like the blues from mars, which is what they said about Hendrix.
David Lee Roth is a great showman, not even close to Jagger, but give these guys a chance! remember the first time you ever heard their first album, that was Rock 'N' Roll that nobody ever heard before, the brown sound was fantastic.

Amen, my brother.
28th September 2007 01:15 AM
mojoman van wilder?
28th September 2007 07:57 AM
Some Guy Review from the Charlotte Observer:

http://www.charlotte.com/145/story/296311.html
28th September 2007 09:58 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Review from the Charlotte Observer:

http://www.charlotte.com/145/story/296311.html

This is going to be big. Nationwide. I'm seeing T-shirts, custom Nerfs, a double live album, and alcohol.

Yes, its the new and improved Man Halen - run for cover you sissies!
28th September 2007 11:31 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
VH storm the stage at 8:30 sharp.

Valerie Bertinelli's lawyers have requested that they start the shows no later than 7pm so that Wolfie isnt staying up past his 9:30 bed time.
28th September 2007 11:38 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Encore:

the writers of Spinal Tap would be proud.
28th September 2007 12:59 PM
doo doo doo Dude The day has arrived to rue:

I heard you missed us, we're back

Opening Night Of Van Halen Tour Thrills Critics

Van Halen kicked off its "we're back with Dave" tour in Charlotte, N.C., last night, and from most reports, things seemed to gel onstage at the Bobcats Arena (even if David Lee Roth's hat seemed to have lost its "In this style 10/6" slip of paper sometime during the show):

• "His hair may be shorter and crow's feet longer, but Diamond Dave is every bit the Vegas showman that he was two decades ago, when he left Van Halen for an ill-fated solo career that took him from cheesy bad to train-wreck worse. He showed his gift for gab -- and flamboyant duds -- from the get-go, imitating Mick Jagger and martial arts moves, smiling like a clown, riding a giant microphone. And despite old wounds, his bandmates seemed charmed by their new old lead singer." [Rolling Stone]

• "First, the good news: David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen got through the entire stretch of their first show together in 22 years last night without killing each other. Now the better news: At last night's opening salvo of a national tour at the Bobcats Arena in Charlotte, N.C., the two performed with a vintage measure of joy and verve, showing neither the vitriol that long ago fractured them, nor the problems that have plagued them as individuals in the time between - including, most recently, a spell in rehab for Eddie." [NY Daily News]

• "First to take the stage, Eddie, 52, emerged -- clean-cut, bare-chested and buff -- and fired off some Eruption-era riffs to a rowdy and affectionate reception from a standing crowd. Any lasting effects from his rehab stint earlier this year and past treatment for tongue cancer were not evident. Returning to the band he parted ways with 22 years ago, Roth, also 52, smiled like a Cheshire cat -- as well as skintight leather pants and sparkling embroidered tunics -- and strutted like Chanticleer. His flowing locks are gone and his voice sported a slightly lower register, but Roth sounded virile and satisfied the faithful with some high-pitched screams and spinning karate kicks. On drums, Alex, 54, continued to stoke the band's fire and Wolfgang wooed the crowd with his self-defacing demeanor." [USA Today]
28th September 2007 01:04 PM
Saint Sway tell me why cant this be love???
28th September 2007 01:15 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
tell me why cant this be love???

I'm sensing a bit of rue in your posts...

Bowzy bowzy bop!
28th September 2007 01:26 PM
sirmoonie Eddie is cut and ripped. He's in superb riff shape.

Rueism is the word du jour.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)