ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October 2005
© Marisa Roman, Daily Progress and Richmond Times Dispatch with thanks to moy and Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Van Halen tour is ... on! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
13th August 2007 06:36 PM
mojoman
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:

DLR is looking more and more like barry manilow........
13th August 2007 06:40 PM
Some Guy They look great.

The Presser:
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...e_Are_Back.html

[Edited by Some Guy]
13th August 2007 07:38 PM
doo doo doo Dude
13th August 2007 08:46 PM
Joey
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:

This might just work !!!!!

Developing ............................

Shiver ......................

www.Sprintcenter.com

www.QWESTCENTER.com

13th August 2007 08:48 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
85 north to Charlotte, cruise control for 4 hours, I'm gonna reach down between my legs and ease the seat back! Saw the Stones in Charlotte twice. I like Charlotte, they rock! Gonna be a monumental night, tater. Booking room now.

Some Guy ....................

You seem ..... Hell , I do not know ..... EXCITED !!!!

Jazzy !

13th August 2007 09:15 PM
robpop
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:

Did Dave find a cure for male pattern baldness?

Long day at the office today I just got in. I'm beat. I'm even to tired to walk to the fridge to get a cold one.
13th August 2007 10:20 PM
Jumping Jack Should I let Cohl victimize me again for the latest VIP hustle? How much for a chance at the first 20 rows?

Charlotte summit for the opening show anyone? Catch them early before they kill each other, LOL!

Each 5 Star VIP Package gets you:

A reserved seat inside the ramp!*
Van Halen 5 Star souvenir laminate!
Backstage tour!
Pre-show party!
Exclusive Van Halen gift bag!
Crowd-free merchandise shopping!
Parking**

5 Star Package Price: $ TBD

Coming Soon

*Exact seat location available day of show.
**Where available.
You will be required to sign a waiver and release of liability.

Each 4 Star VIP Package gets you:

A ticket in the first 20 (twenty) rows!*
Exclusive Van Halen gift!

4 Star Package Price: $ TBD

Coming Soon

*Exact seat location available day of show.

13th August 2007 10:27 PM
robpop Does anybody have a legacy code?
13th August 2007 10:34 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
robpop wrote:
Does anybody have a legacy code?

Psst.
Presale password is "Cherone".
13th August 2007 10:41 PM
robpop
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Psst.
Presale password is "Cherone".

I did not make it to Barry's return to Pittsburgh tonight because of work. Just saw the highlights on the local news. No need to tarp the seats, and believe it or not Barry was received very warmly. I never would have thunk it.

13th August 2007 10:54 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
robpop wrote:
I did not make it to Barry's return to Pittsburgh tonight because of work. Just saw the highlights on the local news. No need to tarp the seats, and believe it or not Barry was received very warmly. I never would have thunk it.

Caught some of the first game.
And yes, he did get a good reception.

Classy fans, shitty team.
13th August 2007 11:00 PM
robpop
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Classy fans, shitty team.

100% agreed. It takes a real fan of the game to go out and watch that team. Were you there tonight?

I've told my story here before about how I met Barry in a bar the day after the Pirates were defeated by the Reds in the 1990 NLCS. The guy was a class act and picked up several rounds. I guess I got to see a side of him that few ever will. He actually apologized for not coming through in that series.

I really think the guy wanted to win it so bad that he would do anything, and he did.

He is the best player that I ever saw play the game, and I am a Pirates fan. And I made that statement in 1992, pre-juice years.
[Edited by robpop]
[Edited by robpop]
13th August 2007 11:28 PM
mmdog
quote:
robpop wrote:

100% agreed. It takes a real fan of the game to go out and watch that team. Were you there tonight?

I've told my story here before about how I met Barry in a bar the day after the Pirates were defeated by the Reds in the 1990 NLCS. The guy was a class act and picked up several rounds. I guess I got to see a side of him that few ever will. He actually apologized for not coming through in that series.

I really think the guy wanted to win it so bad that he would do anything, and he did.

He is the best player that I ever saw play the game, and I am a Pirates fan. And I made that statement in 1992, pre-juice years.
[Edited by robpop]
[Edited by robpop]

That's a cool story. Just got back from PNC Park. As stated Bonds got a nice reception tonight, and the video tribute between games was pretty cool.
13th August 2007 11:53 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
robpop wrote:

Nah, I'm not from the 'burgh.
Watched it on MLB Extra Innings.

Did make a road trip a few weeks ago - Pitt, Cleveland, Cincy, and back to Pitt.
Liked PNC enough to want to make it a destination every year.

Maybe the Bucs'll be alright one of these days - Gorzo, Maholm and Snell ain't bad, but they need a coupla bangers in that lineup.

Nice story about Bonds.
Bet he longs for those days when things were a lot less complicated ...
14th August 2007 02:31 AM
sammy davis jr. PT Roth is selling that mutha 'aint he?
14th August 2007 11:08 AM
Saint Sway the new album will be called "OUHUGME2"

I
I
I
I
V

http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/gallery/15883639/van_halen_reunited/1
14th August 2007 12:09 PM
Lethargy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

absolutely ridiculous to play both the United Center and the Allstate arena.

Absolutely ridiculous that this is occurring at all, at any venue.
14th August 2007 12:21 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Absolutely ridiculous that this is occurring at all, at any venue.

quoted for accuracy and the feeble excuse to post this pic LOL!

^ I cant quite tell... has Ed become gauntly thin, or is Wolfie just so huge that he makes Ed appear that way??

[Edited by Saint Sway]
14th August 2007 12:48 PM
Martha Van Halen tunes up for two October shows here

August 14, 2007
The dates are set for Van Halen's tour with its '80s frontman, David Lee Roth, and the overhauled band will stop at not one but two local venues.
The rockers are scheduled to play the Allstate Arena on Oct. 16 and the United Center on Oct. 18. Tickets, $60-$150, will go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday at www.livenation.com.

Brothers and founding members Eddie Van Halen, the band's guitarist, and Alex Van Halen, the drummer, will bring with them Eddie's 16-year-old son Wolfgang, who replaces bassist Michael Anthony.

"This is not a reunion, this is a new band," Roth said at a press conference Monday in Los Angeles. "Usually, when a band comes back like us, it's rockers with walkers."

• • Meanwhile, two Labor Day weekend shows at the Allstate Arena by Mexican superstars Marco Antonio Solis and Juan Gabriel have been combined. Instead of performing Sept. 1, Solis now will appear on the Sept. 2 bill with Gabriel.

14th August 2007 12:52 PM
Martha
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:

Okay, I'm in.
14th August 2007 12:52 PM
Martha
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

quoted for accuracy and the feeble excuse to post this pic LOL!

^ I cant quite tell... has Ed become gauntly thin, or is Wolfie just so huge that he makes Ed appear that way??

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Eddie is buff. Wolfie is fluff!

14th August 2007 12:53 PM
Martha Are the dates announced yet? Where's the Full Report? TX bastardo says they have no dates up yet.
14th August 2007 01:01 PM
Saint Sway Did Some Guy steal Martha's password??
14th August 2007 01:03 PM
Martha
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Did Some Guy steal Martha's password??

ROTFLMAO! Yes, I believe it was stolen!

14th August 2007 01:53 PM
Saint Sway Some Guy??

14th August 2007 04:22 PM
Some Guy Sway.
the Swayster..
the Swayman...

What do ya think?

Meet us in the future, not the pasture- DLR 2007 reunion announcement.

Star Wars ain't got nothing on this.

http://www.vhnd.net/articles/070813-03.shtml

[Edited by Some Guy]
14th August 2007 04:41 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Sway.
the Swayster..
the Swayman...

What do ya think?

What could possibly go wrong now?

quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Meet us in the future, not the pasture- DLR 2007 reunion announcement.

Star Wars ain't got nothing on this.

14th August 2007 04:48 PM
Some Guy Coming to Charlotte in September, Swayter?
14th August 2007 04:53 PM
mojoman i have mixed emotions about this.....
14th August 2007 04:56 PM
Some Guy Wolfie looks like a young jb.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)