ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October 2005
© Marisa Roman, Daily Progress and Richmond Times Dispatch with thanks to moy and Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Van Halen tour is ... on! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
7th August 2007 06:09 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
robpop wrote:

No money spends better than mommy and daddy's money.

what money????

7th August 2007 06:13 PM
Some Guy We're talking bigger than The Charlie Brown Easter Special, tater.
7th August 2007 06:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
We're talking bigger than The Charlie Brown Halloween Special, tater.

"Dude, I got a rock"

8th August 2007 01:54 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
things are really gearing up now...

Eddie has prepared by getting botox, fake tan, blonde tips and shiny new teeth.

as soon as he gets his French peticure and eye lash extension he'll be all set for the press conference

VH is gearing up...

And SWAY is gearing up for another steller 1000 VH related posts of humiliation.
8th August 2007 06:41 AM
corgi37 This tour will make an excellent documentary. Some one MUST follow them around.

I predict they do 6 shows before imploding.
8th August 2007 11:07 AM
Saint Sway I still say GNR will release "Chineese Democracy" b4 VH tours with the original lineup

and Chineese Democracy won't come out until 2012
8th August 2007 12:11 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

I try

*********** SIGH ******************

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

8th August 2007 12:48 PM
mmdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I still say GNR will release "Chineese Democracy" b4 VH tours with the original lineup

and Chineese Democracy won't come out until 2012

Sway,

That's not much of a bet, since Michael Anthony is not part of this tour, so this isn't the original lineup.
8th August 2007 01:00 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mmdog wrote:

Sway,

That's not much of a bet, since Michael Anthony is not part of this tour, so this isn't the original lineup.

Roth's hair is missing too, so whats your point?

Look.... at the tender age of 14, Wolfie is already as fat as Michael Anthony ever was. So the fans in 300 section probably won't be able to tell the difference.

so I say thats good enough to count as an "Official" reunion

its still going to go down in flames quicker than you can say "Gary Cherone"
8th August 2007 01:03 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
Dan wrote:

Other than the Police the only other 2 doing decent numbers are Tool and Gwen Stefani.

We need a sarcasm key.
8th August 2007 07:13 PM
doo doo doo Dude COME WITNESS ROCK HISTORY AS

VAN HALEN

MAKES AN ANNOUNCEMENT OF MONUMENTAL PROPORTIONS

WHO: Eddie Van Halen
David Lee Roth
Alex Van Halen
Wolfgang Van Halen

WHEN: August 13, 2007
11:00 a.m.
Press Check in at 10:30 a.m.

WHERE: THE FOUR SEASONS HOTEL
300 South Doheny Drive
Los Angeles, CA

WHAT:
Van Halen is one of the most important and influential rock bands of all time. They have twice attained Diamond status, given only to artists selling more than 10 million albums in the U.S. The Guinness Book of World Records cites Van Halen as having amassed more #1 hits on Billboard’s Mainstream Rock chart than any other band in history. The band was inducted into the Rock ‘N’ Roll Hall of Fame in March of this year.
8th August 2007 09:06 PM
Some Guy Y'ALL WILL RUE THE DAY- BILL PERKS
8th August 2007 09:21 PM
pdog I have a friend who is going to name his son Wolfgang... didn't know about the VH boy. I told him, never call him Wolfie and if you tour with him, all VH jokes are on the table. We shook hands and i gave him a baby book and a diaper jeanie...
VH sux!
8th August 2007 09:31 PM
glencar
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
This tour will make an excellent documentary. Some one MUST follow them around.

I predict they do 6 shows before imploding.

6? I predict 2. These are massive twits with huge egos. This has disaster written all over it.
9th August 2007 05:32 AM
egon RUN...
9th August 2007 07:14 AM
corgi37 It's like watching a drunk walking into peak hour traffic. You know he's gonna get skittled, and you are going to feel sick watching it, but you simply cannot look away.
13th August 2007 03:52 PM
doo doo doo Dude

Van Halen to begin reunion tour in September

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Van Halen has reunited with the group's original singer David Lee Roth for their first tour together in more than 20 years, they announced on Monday.

The 25-date trek begins on September 27 in Charlotte, North Carolina, and wraps up on December 11 in the Canadian city of Calgary. Key stops include Chicago (October 16, 18), New York City (November 13) and their native Los Angeles (November 20)

But it will not exactly be a reunion of the classic lineup famed for such hits as "Panama" and "Runnin' with the Devil," because bassist Michael Anthony has been replaced by lead guitarist Eddie Van Halen's 16-year-old son, Wolfgang.

Roth and Van Halen were supposed to hit the road earlier this year for a reunion tour, but plans fell through when Eddie Van Halen entered rehab in March for undisclosed issues. His illness also scuttled a potential reunion at the group's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction later that month.

Roth, now 52, quit Van Halen in 1985, during the band's heyday, in hopes of attaining solo stardom. Those dreams crashed and Van Halen continued successfully with Sammy Hagar on vocals.

The band's luck ran out a decade later when Hagar and Van Halen acrimoniously parted ways, and a new album with a third singer tanked. Since then, both Roth and Hagar have briefly aligned with Van Halen, and the two singers even toured together, despite Roth's barely concealed enmity for Hagar.
13th August 2007 03:55 PM
doo doo doo Dude

13th August 2007 04:02 PM
gimmekeef This just in..In an effort to reduce expenses yet keep up with latest touring technology VH announce the latest in Jumbo Fan Screen Videos.....Valerie Bertinellis ass will be used to display crystal sharp HD images.Using her ass will allow VH to provide a wide screen comparable to the one currently in use by The Rolling Stones...
13th August 2007 04:03 PM
Saint Sway

^ This new Van Halen press conference photo eerily reminds me of another infamous press conference photo....

what photo? you ask

I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
V

oh, c'mon you know which photo....

I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
V

oh yeah....

you know you're sitting there thinking what I'm thinking....

I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
V

13th August 2007 04:37 PM
Gimme Shelter THU 27-Sept Charlotte, NC Charlotte Bobcats Arena
SAT 29-Sept Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum
MON 1-Oct Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center
SUN 7-Oct Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
WED 10-Oct Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena
SUN 14-Oct Indianapolis, IN Conseco Fieldhouse
TUE 16-Oct Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena
THU 18-Oct Chicago, IL United Center
MON 22-Oct Auburn Hills, MI Palace of Auburn Hills
WED 24-Oct Minneapolis, MN Target Center
FRI 26-Oct Kansas City, MO Sprint Center
SUN 28-Oct St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center
TUE 30-Oct Boston, MA TD Banknorth Garden
SAT 3-Nov E Rutherford, NJ Continental Airlines Arena
TUE 13-Nov New York, NY Madison Square Garden
TUE 20-Nov Los Angeles, CA Staples Center
FRI 23-Nov Glendale, AZ Jobing.com Arena
SUN 25-Nov San Diego, CA Cox Arena
TUE 27-Nov Sacramento, CA Arco Arena
THU 29-Nov San Jose, CA HP Pavilion at San Jose
SAT 1-Dec Portland, OR Rose Garden
MON 3-Dec Seattle, WA Key Arena
WED 5-Dec Vancouver, BC General Motors Place
SUN 9-Dec Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
TUE 11-Dec Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome
13th August 2007 04:42 PM
doo doo doo Dude

FROM ROLLINGSTONE.COM-

One of rock and roll’s longest lasting feuds came to an end today as Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth took the stage at the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles, warmly embraced each other and announced the details of the long-rumored Van Halen reunion tour. Alex Van Halen and the group’s new bass player Wolfgang Van Halen (Ed’s sixteen-year-old son) were also on hand to announce the outing, which kicks off September 27th in Charlotte, North Carolina and runs through December 11th in Alberta, Calgary. More dates are expected to be forthcoming.

Fans and journalists hoping for Dave and Ed to get into some sort of tussle left disappointed. The two were all smiles throughout the fifteen-minute press conference. “We’re getting along better than we ever have before,” Ed said. Why was founding bassist Michael Anthony given the boot? “Michael Anthony is part of this band’s history,” Roth said. “This band has many alumni. I am one of them.” New bassist Wolfie — looking at tad uncomfortable under the media glare — said he’s a big fan of AC/DC, Tool and the White Stripes. “I can describe Wolfie in two words,” Alex said. “DNA.”

The group has been rehearing steadily for the past four months. When asked about the setlist Roth said, “We decided to do everything you’d expect, but make it high speed, low drag. Everything that got me fired from radio.” The group nearly went out this summer, but decided to postpone it so Ed could head to rehab. “None of us wanted to give you less than our best,” Eddie said. “We are at our best.” Added Roth, “This is not like the Police. The idea is that this will go on and on and on. This is like a brotherhood like it never was before.” Tickets go on sale this Saturday.

[Edited by doo doo doo Dude]
13th August 2007 04:43 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:

the "Cox Arena" ?

13th August 2007 04:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
THU 27-Sept Charlotte, NC Charlotte Bobcats Arena
SAT 29-Sept Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum
MON 1-Oct Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center
SUN 7-Oct Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
WED 10-Oct Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena
SUN 14-Oct Indianapolis, IN Conseco Fieldhouse
TUE 16-Oct Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena
THU 18-Oct Chicago, IL United Center
MON 22-Oct Auburn Hills, MI Palace of Auburn Hills
WED 24-Oct Minneapolis, MN Target Center
FRI 26-Oct Kansas City, MO Sprint Center
SUN 28-Oct St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center
TUE 30-Oct Boston, MA TD Banknorth Garden
SAT 3-Nov E Rutherford, NJ Continental Airlines Arena
TUE 13-Nov New York, NY Madison Square Garden
TUE 20-Nov Los Angeles, CA Staples Center
FRI 23-Nov Glendale, AZ Jobing.com Arena
TUE 27-Nov Sacramento, CA Arco Arena
THU 29-Nov San Jose, CA HP Pavilion at San Jose
SAT 1-Dec Portland, OR Rose Garden
MON 3-Dec Seattle, WA Key Arena
WED 5-Dec Vancouver, BC General Motors Place
SUN 9-Dec Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
TUE 11-Dec Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome

absolutely ridiculous to play both the United Center and the Allstate arena.
13th August 2007 04:50 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

agreed.

may I suggest some of the following *venues instead.....

1. Hockeytown USA Detroit, Michigan
2. Weeds Bar Chicago, IL
3. Old Mill Newton, IL
4. Joes Brewery Champaign, IL
5. The Edge Midlothian, IL
6. Healy Street Fest Champaign, IL
7. Tau Kappa Epsilon Charleston, IL
8. Triangle Champaign, IL
9. Marty's Bar and Grill Charleston, IL
10. Hale Court Block Party Glendale Heights, IL
11. Many Private Parties
12. O'Malleys Alsip, IL
13. The Loft Prospect Heights, IL
14. The Blarney Stone Oak Forest, IL
15. Ringside Sports Bar Elk Grove Village, IL
16. The Big Horse Lounge Chicago, IL
17. Sam Maguires Orland Park, IL
18. Tommy's Place Blue Island, IL
19. Dan D Jacs Orland Park, IL
20. Mama Luigis Bridgeview, IL
21. Leo's Bar and Grill Romeoville,
22. Hogs and Honeys Chicago, IL
23. Penny Road Pub Barington, IL

* PLEASE NOTE: some of these establishments may require the band to pay them in advance in order to play there.

This includes, but is not limited to, fraternity houses, friends houses, block parties, pizza parlors, taverns, lofts and, of course, "many privates parties".

Additional fees required for singers wearing capes.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
13th August 2007 05:08 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Looks like there pullin a Dixie Chicks and avoiding the south...good news for us Atlantans indeed..(apologies to Some Guy)
13th August 2007 05:12 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Looks like there pullin a Dixie Chicks and avoiding the south...good news for us Atlantans indeed..(apologies to Some Guy)

dudes ran out of gas?

13th August 2007 06:08 PM
Some Guy 85 north to Charlotte, cruise control for 4 hours, I'm gonna reach down between my legs and ease the seat back! Saw the Stones in Charlotte twice. I like Charlotte, they rock! Gonna be a monumental night, tater. Booking room now.
13th August 2007 06:13 PM
Poison Dart Who is that fat little boy?
13th August 2007 06:16 PM
Some Guy http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...orth-carolina/

[Edited by Some Guy]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)