ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BOB DYLAN - Modern Times Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
29th August 2006 01:27 PM
Nellcote I have been reborn about Dylan.
My front row audience with him
last Thursday, as well as Martha's long
distance guidance has brought me back.
I now suffer from flashback moments
which involve wine & woman from the early
70's which I'm having to relive again, happily.
I will soldier on.
29th August 2006 01:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

I know you enjoy him, but I am not interested in the least about where he is performing or his new album...I want him removed from this site asap.

then dont fucking read threads that have any Bob Dylan content

Its no way as tedious as jew lists, shite about american politics, the middle east or any of that other tiresome load of wank that has no place here. And at least its music related.

29th August 2006 01:38 PM
lotsajizz too true
29th August 2006 01:40 PM
F505 Excellent album. His last three albums the Stones can only be very jealous of.
29th August 2006 01:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

just having a little fun.........enjoy!!! Remeber, "the times , they are a chaging".

Give us a kiss
29th August 2006 01:45 PM
Nellcote I predict a cellar dwelling year for Nick Saban
29th August 2006 01:46 PM
F505 The times may be changing but this board never will. I was away for three weeks and the first thing I read was about Joey's morning shit.
29th August 2006 01:51 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
F505 wrote:
Excellent album. His last three albums the Stones can only be very jealous of.

Well they NEED someting to keep them humble.....besides falling in love with L'wren Scott.
29th August 2006 03:51 PM
glencar
quote:
F505 wrote:
The times may be changing but this board never will. I was away for three weeks and the first thing I read was about Joey's morning shit.

You were looking forward to it, weren't cha?
29th August 2006 03:55 PM
lotsajizz two years in a row to the 'Noles?!? Say it ain't so!!

29th August 2006 07:07 PM
Martha
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I have been reborn about Dylan.
My front row audience with him
last Thursday, as well as Martha's long
distance guidance has brought me back.
I now suffer from flashback moments
which involve wine & woman from the early
70's which I'm having to relive again, happily.
I will soldier on.

I knew you wre transformed when I heard song 2 from your cell phone. I literally stood there with my eyes closed....and as I strained to hear was overtaken by that feeling I get when I am at a live show or have my head stuck in the speakers listening to a live Bob show....I was seeing him through your eyes and feeling him through his sound...and I as I strained to hear I realized I was crying tears of joy. I can't thank you enough for connecting me to that wonderful moment in time. I still savor it.

Soldiering on indeed.

jb, you aren't old enough to understand this yet...but in time you might...if you get lucky like me.

I wish you luck and peace.

xxoo,

MM
29th August 2006 07:09 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Give us a kiss

I'll take a kiss from you Gary!

AND.....Please NEVER remove Bob's photo from your avatar...I don't even have a copy of the mag yet!

Egads!
29th August 2006 07:13 PM
Martha HELP! Tomorrow is the ticketing presale for the Dylan FALL tour. I was unable to buy the itunes dealio in order to get a password to buy my tix. I need 4 for the Denver show. If anyone could kindly help me out please PM me. Thanks VERY in advance.

Peace out,
Martha
29th August 2006 08:32 PM
Gazza I've had the mp3 of this album for a week and thought it sounded great

Im now just listening to the CD proper for the first time -and the difference is like night and day. Extra stuff and instrumentation thats lost on the mp3. Why so music fans seem to settle with this crappy format in this day and age is amazing

Cant express adequately how wonderful a record this is. When on the form that he's on throughout most of this album, he's simply untouchable. By anyone. Ever.

And his band is the best around. Garnier's stand-up bass playing on this record is especially outstanding
29th August 2006 08:45 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I've had the mp3 of this album for a week and thought it sounded great

Im now just listening to the CD proper for the first time -and the difference is like night and day. Extra stuff and instrumentation thats lost on the mp3. Why so music fans seem to settle with this crappy format in this day and age is amazing

Cant express adequately how wonderful a record this is. When on the form that he's on throughout most of this album, he's simply untouchable. By anyone. Ever.

And his band is the best around. Garnier's stand-up bass playing on this record is especially outstanding

I was happy to have a taste of the Mp3's, but like you, I don't like the quality and I don't ever feel right stealing commercial work.
29th August 2006 09:05 PM
glencar I shall buy this art tomorrow.
29th August 2006 09:53 PM
Sir Stonesalot I bought the Special Edition with the bonus DVD. I only got to song 6 when life rudely interupted. I'll listen again tomorrow a couple of times thru, and watch the DVD.

School starts, so I'll have the house to myself.

I like what I have heard so far. I like it a lot.
29th August 2006 10:24 PM
Lazy Bones With the exception for a couple hours around the dinner hour, I've had "Modern Times" playing repeatedly since 11:00 AM this morning.

Certainly a solid album, even initially, I'm confident it's really gonna drive home.

At this point, my top 3 tracks are Thunder On The Mountain, WB #2 and my top selection, with it's drving guitars and accompanying violin gives the nod to Someday Baby. I can see this song replacing the live, main-set-ending Summer Days. The only thing, imo, that takes away from the track is it's fading conclusion.

The driving beat of Nettie Moore and the darkness of Ain't Takin' sit impatiently banging on the 'top 3' door.

Workingman's Blues #2 is brilliant. The next Farm Aid theme song?! With it's storybook lyrics, it offers understanding, sympathy and some sort of...hope. It offers comfort to hard ache in, dare I say it, modern times.

Thunder On The Mountain - a terrific future show opener...

"...and has suddenly shifted gears, releasing some of the strongest music of his career beginning in the late 90's" as introduced at every show, now holds even stronger!

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
29th August 2006 10:47 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I've had the mp3 of this album for a week and thought it sounded great

he's simply untouchable. By anyone. Ever.

Ever. Indeed. I feel this (deeply) about him also...I must kiss you now.

:-)
29th August 2006 10:48 PM
Martha
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I bought the Special Edition with the bonus DVD. I only got to song 6 when life rudely interupted. I'll listen again tomorrow a couple of times thru, and watch the DVD.

School starts, so I'll have the house to myself.

I like what I have heard so far. I like it a lot.

And I like you a lot. Are or did you catch Bob on the ballpark tour darlin'?
29th August 2006 10:51 PM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
With the exception for a couple hours around the dinner hour, I've had "Modern Times" playing repeatedly since 11:00 AM this morning.

Certainly a solid album, even initially, I'm confident it's really gonna drive home.

At this point, my top 3 tracks are Thunder On The Mountain, WB #2 and my top selection, with it's drving guitars and accompanying violin gives the nod to Someday Baby. I can see this song replacing the live, main-set-ending Summer Days. The only thing, imo, that takes away from the track is it's fading conclusion.

The driving beat of Nettie Moore and the darkness of Ain't Takin' sit impatiently banging on the 'top 3' door.

Workingman's Blues #2 is brilliant. The next Farm Aid theme song?! With it's storybook lyrics, it offers understanding, sympathy and some sort of...hope. It offers comfort to hard ache in, dare I say it, modern times.

Thunder On The Mountain - a terrific future show opener...

"...and has suddenly shifted gears, releasing some of the strongest music of his career beginning in the late 90's" as introduced at every show, now holds even stronger!

[Edited by Lazy Bones]

Can I live at your house until the MT marathon ends? :-)
29th August 2006 10:54 PM
Martha Tonight's set is already up at Pagel's site. Naturally nothing off MT yet.

New Britain, Connecticut
New Britain Stadium

August 29 2006

1. Cat's In The Well
2. Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You
3. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
4. You Ain't Goin' Nowhere
5. Positively 4th Street
6. Watching The River Flow
7. Forever Young
8. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
9. Simple Twist Of Fate
10. Highway 61 Revisited
11. Tangled Up In Blue
12. Summer Days

(encore)
13. Like A Rolling Stone
14. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
29th August 2006 11:03 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I listened it today for the first time it's fucking great, gotta heard it again later and higher
29th August 2006 11:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot Martha...

I got a date with Bob on Sept. 3rd.

And, as of 10am tomorrow, another date with him on Nov. 18th. The Raconteurs open. It's the last date on the tour...think Jack might do another duet with Bob?

I can only hope...
29th August 2006 11:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I got a date with Bob on Sept. 3rd.

Hey Buddy, I think Bono will be very jelous of Bob

Love isn't in the air anymore
30th August 2006 12:15 AM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, but I'm paying for my time with Bob.

So what does that make Bob? LOL?

Hey look, we pay for it one way or another...so what's the big deal right? This way there's no silly mind games.

He knows what I'm paying him for, and he will deliver the goods. Then I'll get in my car and go home.

It's a good arrangement. LOL!
30th August 2006 04:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
Martha wrote:

he's simply untouchable. By anyone. Ever.

Ever. Indeed. I feel this (deeply) about him also...I must kiss you now.

Thats two offers in 24 hours, Martha. Cant turn that down. Fair enough. With tongues, then...
30th August 2006 04:58 AM
RollingstonesUSA Tunder On The Mountain and Working Man's Blues #2 are the two best songs I've heard this decade....
30th August 2006 06:31 AM
Gazza Those two were my favourites on first hearing, and maybe still are, along with Aint Talkin'. His vocal on Workingman's Blues is sublime. Bob Dylan cant sing? Pah!!

The one thats REALLY growing on me however is Someday Baby. I'm expecting John Lee Hooker to jump out of his grave any minute and join in on that one.
30th August 2006 06:35 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Those two were my favourites on first hearing, and maybe still are, along with Aint Talkin'. His vocal on Workingman's Blues is sublime. Bob Dylan cant sing? Pah!!

The one thats REALLY growing on me however is Someday Baby. I'm expecting John Lee Hooker to jump out of his grave any minute and join in on that one.

Beautiful analysis! You need your own tv or radio show! Thunder On The Moutain whould be a great live opener....

[Edited by RollingstonesUSA]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)