ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BOB DYLAN - Modern Times Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
5th September 2006 10:52 AM
Gazza Nein!
5th September 2006 10:52 AM
Gazza Non!
5th September 2006 10:53 AM
Gazza Nee!
5th September 2006 10:53 AM
Gazza Niet!
5th September 2006 10:54 AM
jb This must not reach 500.
5th September 2006 10:56 AM
Gazza It will, if some of us have anything to do with it..LOL

I think youve just thrown down a challenge to a few people who may have been flagging...LMAO
5th September 2006 11:02 AM
PartyDoll MEG Long live this thread!!
5th September 2006 11:06 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
jb wrote:
Please close thread asap!!!

"Someday Baby"

5th September 2006 11:06 AM
PartyDoll MEG Gonna raise me an army, some tough sons of bitches
I'll recruit my army from the orphanages
I been to St. Herman's church, said my religious vows
I've sucked the milk out of a thousand cows

I got the porkchops, she got the pie
She ain't no angel and neither am I
Shame on your greed, shame on your wicked schemes
I'll say this, I don't give a damn about your dreams

5th September 2006 11:08 AM
PartyDoll MEG Well, I don't want to brag, but I'm gonna wring your neck
When all else fails I'll make it a matter of self respect
Someday baby, you ain't gonna worry po' me any more

You can take your clothes put 'em in a sack
You goin' down the road, baby and you can't come back

I tried to be friendly, I tried to be kind
I'm gonna drive you from your home, just like I was driven from mine
5th September 2006 11:09 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
I'm glad I didn't purchase Modern Times through iTunes for the presale code that started last week. I used the one on bobdylan.com just now and scored third row seats on Dylan's side.

Nicely done. I landed good tickets for the London and Toronto shows. I'd love to go to Ottawa, too, (see: "beaver"), but 10 hours of driving for a 2 hour stay having to work the morning after can be a bit much...
5th September 2006 11:14 AM
PartyDoll MEG
5th September 2006 11:16 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Do you know the sound quality of this one?

Sorry, Madafaka. Just spotted this now.

It's very good. Any "M&A" recording is good. The handle to watch for is "stealthtaper". Click on the name to view all their gems.
5th September 2006 11:31 AM
pdog I see 500. We will reach the promised land. I might not make it there with you, but you can hold hands and get really loaded and think about civil rights and shit!
5th September 2006 11:33 AM
Gazza
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Sorry, Madafaka. Just spotted this now.

It's very good. Any "M&A" recording is good. The handle to watch for is "stealthtaper". Click on the name to view all their gems.

That guy has been at more Dylan shows in the last couple of years than Bob has!!
5th September 2006 11:37 AM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
Please close thread asap!!!

Ban yerself immediately!
5th September 2006 11:37 AM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

That guy has been at more Dylan shows in the last couple of years than Bob has!!

I can't help think of Ronnie @ Stones shows!
5th September 2006 11:39 AM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

"Someday Baby"

Lazy can you tape this commercial? Do you have the technology!

Do You?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

:-)

jb....you're goin' down my brother!

xxoo,
Martha
5th September 2006 11:44 AM
Martha
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

He spins this wheel every night!

LOL
5th September 2006 11:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

whats that from??
5th September 2006 11:53 AM
Martha I've always envisioned Bob ( or Tony I know he brings the set into Al at each show) spinning the big wheel to pick the nightly gems.

Where did you get that image Sway Sister?

Oooops.......12 minutes (or less) to ticky time!
5th September 2006 12:07 PM
Martha We're IN!

4 Tickets secured!!!!!

TICKETS Face value: $55.00

added Ass-rape fees: $10.05

Still a bargain!

My 75 year old Mother is coming out from OH for her first ever Bob show!!!!

Thanks for all those good vibes jb!

ROTFLOL!!!!
5th September 2006 12:43 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:

whats that from??

Hey ya know.... Google

http://www.tomhaney.com/closeup_bob...dylan_wheel.htm
5th September 2006 01:13 PM
F505 Alicia Keys mentioned in Thunder on the Mountain:

5th September 2006 01:56 PM
Martha Good gawd! My computer just blew up!

Great shot though.

5th September 2006 01:57 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
We're IN!

4 Tickets secured!!!!!

TICKETS Face value: $55.00

added Ass-rape fees: $10.05

Still a bargain!

My 75 year old Mother is coming out from OH for her first ever Bob show!!!!

Thanks for all those good vibes jb!

ROTFLOL!!!!

Awesome!

Btw, no, I don't have that technology...
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
5th September 2006 02:04 PM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Awesome!

Btw, no, I don't have that technology...
[Edited by Lazy Bones]

Lazy! We done good! Yes?!?!

Thank you darlin'! I am relieved to have these tickies secured since I won't be here for the onsale to the general public date.

Whew!

A good DVD burner starts around $500...so I do not have one either.

Sigh.....

Anyone else able to catch and tape the Bob commercial while it airs?!? (jb?)

I would LOVE to have that.

I only saw his VS commercial ONCE. It was gone quickly.

Out of sight....

5th September 2006 02:09 PM
Martha
Sun, September 3, 2006
Rock, folk icon's a man of these Times

By DARRYL STERDAN, SUN MEDIA

MODERN TIMES

Bob Dylan

Columbia/Sony-BMG

4 1/2 out of 5

"You think I'm over the hill? You think I'm past my prime? Let me see what you got - we can have a whompin' good time."

Pretty tough talk from a senior citizen. Then again, he's got a right to be cocky. After all, he's Bob Dylan. Folk icon. Rock trailblazer. Voice of his generation. Author of Blowing in the Wind, Like a Rolling Stone and several dozen other songs that will outlive him and all of us. He's got nothing to prove to anybody. And now that he's realized that and embraced the freedom it brings, he's enjoying a remarkable late-career resurgence.

Dylan's renaissance began with 1997's rollicking Time Out of Mind. It continued with 2001's mischievous Love and Theft. But with the masterful Modern Times - his 31st studio album in 44 years - Dylan truly seems to have hit a new stride.

And found a happy medium. This self-produced 10-song set is more relaxed than Time Out of Mind, more serious than Love and Theft and more varied than either - but it is no less mesmerizing.

As usual, Dylan casts his spell with a torrent of words. Sometimes he's talking to a lover ("I'd walk through a blazing fire, baby, if I knew you was on the other side"). Sometimes he's talking to God ("I wanna be with you in Paradise, and it seems so unfair/I can't go back to Paradise no more/ I killed a man back there"). Sometimes he's uttering threats ("Well, I don't wanna brag, I'm gonna wring your neck"). Sometimes he's topical ("If it keep on rainin' the levee's gonna break"). Sometimes you don't know what the hell he's talking about ("I was thinking about Alicia Keys, couldn't keep from cryin'/When she was born in Hell's Kitchen, I was livin' down the line").

But even when he makes no sense, you hang on his every word. And on every note from his magnificently weathered pipes. Creaking like a broken screen door, croaking like an old frog, crunching like broken glass under your shoes, Dylan's voice makes Keith Richards sound like a choirboy. But it is perfect for the ragged roots soundtrack that underpins these tales of love and apocalypse.

Wading deep into the stream of Americana, Dylan borrows Rollin' and Tumblin' from Muddy Waters. He recasts Slim Harpo's Shake Your Hips for Someday Baby. He nods to Memphis Minnie for The Levee's Gonna Break. He channels Chuck Berry and Lonnie Johnson for Thunder on the Mountain. He croons Tin Pan Alley ballads, jazzy waltzes and rustic folk.

No matter which way he twists and turns, though, his road-tested quintet follows him with near-psychic synchronicity. When he needs them to wrap his words in a warm blanket of nostalgia, they sound like a vaudeville pit band. When he needs it more refined, they burble like a supper club jazz outfit. When he needs it kicked up, they cut loose like a juke-joint combo. It is the best of all possible worlds: An artist at the height of his mature powers, with a group capable of casting his work in the finest light.

And that makes Modern Times the latest essential addition to Dylan's discography. And one whompin' good time.

5th September 2006 02:56 PM
PartyDoll MEG If this is a repeat- forgive me...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...606692392074342
5th September 2006 03:34 PM
F505
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
If this is a repeat- forgive me...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...606692392074342

Don't be sorry. This thread needs a little push!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)